ITT Veeky Forums approved fashion shops

ITT Veeky Forums approved fashion shops

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_fashion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniqlo
metronews.ca/news/toronto/2016/09/30/japanese-clothing-company-uniqlo-opens-store-in-toronto.html
goodonyou.org.au/the-ethics-of-fast-fashion-uniqlo-topshop-and-forever-21/
nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/fast-fashion-billionaires-zara-uniqlo-h-and-m.html
racked.com/2013/5/1/7673711/5-questions-for-uniqlos-design-director-naoki-takizawa
profitguide.com/industry-focus/retail/does-canada-really-need-another-fast-fashion-retail-chain-107799
japansociety.org/webcast/spreading-japanese-fast-fashion-to-the-world-uniqlos-international-growth-strategy
nypost.com/2016/06/20/uniqlos-struggles-cause-fashion-chain-to-close-stores/
businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/fast-retailing-pledges-lowest-prices-in-uniqlo-strategy-reversal
ecouterre.com/fast-fashion-made-these-men-some-of-the-planets-richest/
youtube.com/watch?v=AdyaLWMt6qA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop

why? zara have good quality&nice stuff

Leave

zara used to be trash and still kind of is, but it's much nicer than most high street fashion like h&m or primark

>Zara
>ever

this is no Veeky Forums approved shop. NO fast fashion is good. don't even listen to the uniqlofags on here. fastfahionfags are just crossposters from plebbit. sage

Nothing wrong with a nice Uniqlo

I buy basics form uniqlo and jcrew, is this okay?

Yes. Even all saints is acceptable.

Uniqlo>>>Zara>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>H&M>Target private labels.

try harder, you call that baiting nigger?

>but it's much nicer than most high street fashion like h&m

It's really not much better than H&M if at all.

Whenever I go into Zara, it looks and feels cheap. When I go to H&M I don't expect the best quality, I just expect adequate; Zara is supposed to be above H&M but it's almost Aliexpress-tier with the shameless rip-offs.

how is all saints in this category?

>SPRZYNY uniqlo
and don't act

This.
Making cheap clothing is fine. Direct runway rip offs sold to people who don't know better are cringe as shit.

you do realise that all that zara does this days is copying famous trends right?
i think it's should be a NO Veeky Forums zone but from other reasons,
it ain't no shit no mo

You are just having bad experiences. Zara/Uniqlo/H&M's basics all suck ass and are made of poor material/cut/longevity.

Zara's good quality/more expensive items are a tier above either of the others.

You're essentially telling people their problem is that their $2 Picasso postcards are bad. They should be buying a $200 reproduction. No one browsing Veeky Forums would call Zara fashionable. Even trend hopping degenerates would be too kind.

summer is over kid, go back to school

Not the guy you replied to but, yeah I am aware they copy the trends. Personally I can't afford to buy the high end stuff that I like stylistically but I would still like to look as good as I can afford to. Fast fashion stuff helps to fill in gaps in my wardrobe that's made by buying a few high end pieces and having my basics be from Zara or w/e other store.

>walking through town
>See CP Achilles low in a window
>Walk further
>It's the fucking Zara

>You are just having bad experiences.

Yeah, I am: it's called going to Zara.

> Zara/Uniqlo/H&M's basics all suck ass and are made of poor material/cut/longevity.

For the price, I'd rather buy a basic from Uniqlo or H&M than Zara.

>Zara's good quality/more expensive items are a tier above either of the others.

Barely, if even. Just because it's priced higher doesn't mean it's of better quality. Their leather feels like shit.

Zara is fast-fashion that pretends it's above it and people get suckered into it because they see it as a not-H&M product when it's just a pricier version.

I just don't get the Zara hype when I can buy things just-as-good for less -- nevermind the horrendous footwear.

UNIQLO IS FAST FASHION BUT ITS GOAT FOR THE PRICE

Stop

Uniqlo isn't fast fashion, mongoloid.

I'm getting real tired of all mass produced Chinese and Bangladesh shit being labelled fast fashion.

How isn't all saints in that category? All-Saints quality is ridiculously bad for the price

Dude Uniqlo maintains a consistent stock of minimalist pieces. Zara and H&M change their lineups ever other month to incorporate whatever fad is "in". By definition the latter two are fast fashion, whereas Uniqlo is just a respectable, conservative clothing retailer.

>Conservative
Wtf I hate uniqlo now

>muh plain minimalist clothing isnt fast fashion meme

you faggots are just as taken with a trend as everyone else who buys fast fashion

Even if that's true, it doesn't mean All Saints is anything like Zara or Uniqlo. It's a completely different price/quality range, also they're far more discriminating with their designs.

A lot of All Saints is overpriced shit, especially like t shirts. I mostly like them for sweaters.

weak bait

Marks and Spencer
there's not alot of places who offers a half-canvassed suit for 150 dollars

zara dresses come with free dead rats now too lmao

Fast fashion is defined by having a very quickly rotating stock with a wide variety of designs. Fast fashion is cheap, but it's success is based on the principle that if you have enough designs coming through, the customer can find a lot of interesting designs. So you can find statement pieces which are cheap, but also unique.

You can argue that uniqlo is cheap unispired shit, (I disagree, but you can make the argument), but that doesn't make it fast fashion.

this faggot doesn't now what the term fast fashion means

Of you're a snow Mexican than gravity Pope and simons are your friend

its like you dont pay attention to anything but uniqlos basics.
they constanly have stupid shit they try to push and it always ends up in the clearance.
Hell, even wikipedia lists it as fast fashion.

i dont get this
you can always get basic stuff at zara and other fast fashion shops

It's just as fast-fashion as H&M and any other. It just generally has a more-basic style

I don't get the fast fashion hate on this board though. Even models wear them and this is what most people can afford. It's not like the hobo-looking thriftcore is any better

w2c quality basics?

i have everything from primark, and still Veeky Forums af.

For the last fucking time, even if their clothes are cheap, Uniqlo aren't fast fashion. They're much more aesthetic focused than H&M and other shops.

This. Fast fashion typically straigh copies high end designers with cheap materials, or, sells discounted name brands". Their stock is supposed to go fast and not last. Avg shirt is worn by a girl 8 times for a reason. Uniqlo is about basics. Basics don't change in look all that much. Aldo is fast fashion, same with forever 21, H&m has both basics and fast fashion. Uniqlo not so much

>hobo-looking thriftcore

>its another episode of uniqlofags thinking they are any different

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_fashion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniqlo

Never bought anything from them actually

ITT: people who spend hundreds of bucks for a shirt and still look like trash, cry about people who spend ten bucks for a shirt and look better than them in it

>basics = minimalist fashion

You are a fucking moron.

A fucking basic plain coloured t shirt will always be relevant, it's not some dumb trend. Uniqlo makes items that forego trends. You want a plain t shirt? Uniqlo. You want a pair of pants? Uniqlo. You are an old man looking to buy clothes? Uniqlo. You are a 0 something arts student who wants some staples under their full rick? Uniqlo. You are a trendy 15 year old girl? Uniqlo.

It doesn't fucking matter, it's just simple, well made clothes whose quality far exceeds the price. A $400 t shirt and a $15 t shirt from uniqlo have practically no discernible difference in quality,especially when being worn.

I really like AllSaints to be honest. Very comfy.

I went to a Zara last night. Just looked like knockoffs of what brands like coach and burberry were doing two years ago

Just my 2 cents, since I work at an H&M. We have a section dedicated to "trends" which amount to poor knockoffs of other brands. We have a knockoff of almost every staple piece thats considered "in"in fashion. Zara just knocks off exact designs off of popular and indie designers.

that's only one side of it, fast fashion also largely has to do with HOW THE CLOTHES ARE PRODUCED/MADE. that's why uniqlo is in that category, and places like american apparel aren't.

>implying high end designers don't regularly steal shit too
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy

There's an specific reason it's called fast fashion and not fast clothing. You need both the straight from runway copy cats and Bangladesh child labor. Even though this idiot didn't seem to read the articles he cited you might want to take a look. Uniqlo is shit but using the correct terms is important for not looking like an idiot.

>art mimicking art
>"stealing"

SPOOKED

Might want to read the part where Uniqlo is listed on those as fast fashion.

also why are people talking like it's not common to mix in clothes from fast fashion with other pieces? gonna be in for a very rude awakening once u start actually interacting with people IRL who have the slightest interest in fashion

minimalism in casual fashion is a trend like everything else

uniqlo wouldnt be relevant in fashion communities otherwise

Did you mean the single source article?
Or did you mean "Fast Retailing" the name of Uniqlo's parent company?

Oh so when a designer brand steals it's ~mimicking~ good 2 know
I'm pretty sure that user is on crack. the industry itself has labeled uniqlo as fast fashion it's not like this is our opinion

So now what's Veeky Forums approved fashion shops?

The cut on Zara clothing is often very shitty. Its almost always slightly too tight under the arms but slightly too loose around the back. The seams are frequently sewed together wonky.
I like the range they have and the fabrics they use are often interesting with nice patterns but the actual quality is usually shit.
I have found some nice things there, but at least 90% of their stuff is shit.
H&M has better quality (which is not saying much!).

Uniqlo desperately tries to distant themselves as fast fashion as a marketing tool. Seeing the responses here...it's clearly working. If you have a brain it doesn't work though
metronews.ca/news/toronto/2016/09/30/japanese-clothing-company-uniqlo-opens-store-in-toronto.html
goodonyou.org.au/the-ethics-of-fast-fashion-uniqlo-topshop-and-forever-21/

etc

Basically

Yeah, but Uniqlo UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>If you have a brain it doesn't work though
Are you actually going to try and act like you're "redpilled" on fucking clothing brands?

what I'm saying is that there is a difference between "stealing" for artistic purposes (i.e. what non-autists call "inspiration") and "stealing" when a company thoughtlessly rips off a designers piece in order to make money

Both of these articles comment on Uniqlo's unethical production and shit quality. Both of these points have already been mentioned in this thread. All of you seem to think fast is all it takes to be fast fashion.

Those articles point out that Uniqlo is using near-slave labor which nobody in here is arguing against. Everyone knows they're horrible when it comes to ethics. They're saying that they don't follow runway fashion cycles, and I'd have to agree. I think most people in here think fast fashion = fast food where if they're mass produced it automatically fits into that category, and they're just wrong. Fast fashion is blatantly copying runway trends and then getting them mass produced and sold in weeks. I find it pretty funny how you try to act knowledgeable on this topic but you don't even know the definition of what you're talking about. Consider lurking more or watching some documentaries, Veeky Forumsm.

Fast fashion when used properly refers to subset of shops that desperately follow the high fashion trends with shitty quality to peddle that crap to the masses. Uniqlo doesn't actually do this. Continuously referring to Uniqlo as fast fashion because you can go into one of their shops and walk out with a couple of t-shirts for $10 each or something doesn't make it right.

You people are fucking retarded.

i already said the industry itself has labeled uniqlo as fast fashion. keep arguing in circles all u want but i think i'm gonna take the opinion of professional fashion journalists and people who actually work in the fashion world vs....random anons on Veeky Forums

nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/fast-fashion-billionaires-zara-uniqlo-h-and-m.html

racked.com/2013/5/1/7673711/5-questions-for-uniqlos-design-director-naoki-takizawa

profitguide.com/industry-focus/retail/does-canada-really-need-another-fast-fashion-retail-chain-107799

japansociety.org/webcast/spreading-japanese-fast-fashion-to-the-world-uniqlos-international-growth-strategy

> professional fashion journalists
Toppest of keks

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, those "professional fashion journalists" might be wrong?

yes they're all wrong. journalists, businessmen, marketing directors, PR firms all of them!

nypost.com/2016/06/20/uniqlos-struggles-cause-fashion-chain-to-close-stores/

businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/fast-retailing-pledges-lowest-prices-in-uniqlo-strategy-reversal

ecouterre.com/fast-fashion-made-these-men-some-of-the-planets-richest/

sending you all love & light during this difficult time

According to some of these articles Gap, A&E, and Target are also fast fashion. If you're the one who dropped that fast fashion wikipedia like it's hot shit I invite you to read the opening and see how much of it applies to Uniqlo.

Okay now I know this dude is trolling. Literally all you did was google "Uniqlo fast fashion" and copy/paste some articles. Shit, you even went to page 2! Good job Veeky Forumsm you're right, you're better than all of us for linking articles you haven't read.

Yes, they can be wrong. People can be paid to do things and still be incorrect about a lot of things.

Holt renfrew...high class

You really think money and profit isn't a very large motive behind a lot of high-end brands?

come on now

of course i did. there's literally hundreds of articles that categorize uniqlo as fast fashion for a reason. want me to link stuff from page 10?

yet some anons here are so confident that it's not, but have yet to provide receipts except for..."well they're wrong cause i said so!"

tick tock tick tock
youtube.com/watch?v=AdyaLWMt6qA

It's like you never looked past thosestores basics. They try to copy fashion somewhat (both gap and target try to adapt shit, especially outerwear)

What? Multiple people in this thread have said why Uniqlo aren't fast fashion. You've just ignored them and continued to post bogus articles.

>Bogus
New York Magazine
Japan Society
NY Post
The Business of Fashion
ETC.

>Legitimate
An anonymous user on Veeky Forums.

I reeeeeeeally hope the soft spot in your head doesn't continue to concave

>Meme arrows

Again, all of those people can be wrong. And what if that anonymous user is a "professional fashion journalist", or whatever?

You retards do realize that Uniqlo's parent company is literally named FAST RETAILING right?

>Uniqlo Co., Ltd. (株式会社ユニクロ Kabushiki-gaisha Yunikuro?) (US pronunciation: /ˈjuːnikloʊ/ ew-nee-klo[1] Japanese pronunciation: [jɯnikɯɽo]) is a Japanese casual wear designer, manufacturer and retailer. The company has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. since November 2005.

Yeah, and?

You can draw a big black dick on it with pen if that's your thing though

>Americans think m&s is good
Top fucking kek. Even my dad in his late 50's thinks he's too young to shop there.

>>>FUCK THE ILLUMINATE
I laughed.

oh lord....

Then I would need a receipt that they're a professional fashion journalist sis. Where are they? Where are all these other professional fashion journalists refuting the claim that unqilo isn't fast fashion. They don't even have to be a fashion journalist, just someone who isn't an anonymous user on Veeky Forums!

Shouldn't be hard to at least find 5 articles? or blog entries?? something????

tick tock tick tock [2]

You're an absolute retard. I know I should address your points instead of calling you names, but I'd just be repeating myself.

>If you're the one who dropped that fast fashion wikipedia like it's hot shit I invite you to read the opening and see how much of it applies to Uniqlo.
Invitation's still open, lil nigga.

Better start creating those wordpress blogs sis, gotta spread the word that uniqlo is NOT FAST FASHION since no one else has. Make those receipts yourself

i believe in U!

Zara is awesome, so is H&M and Uniqlo. If you need someone on the internet to validate your taste/life, you're in a bad spot.

is this autism?

who gives a fuck about whether something is fast fashion or not lmao. as long as it looks good idgaf

Until you put it in the wash

brands? yes
most designers? no
the example you posted? no

stay spooked

lmao where do you think you are. People here spend 3x as much to look the same as other people.