Weekly Reminder: Techwear is Dead

Even the God of techwear online has abandoned the aesthetic:

reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/42uae8/effort_long_techwear_a_postmortem/

Sell off your tryhard Acrnoym and Veilance crap before you get stuck with unsellable $1,500 jackets, guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Outlier/comments/4wx81h/experiment_011_buaisou_indigoweight_tshirt/d6c5rvr/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5e89yl/i_have_100_for_clothes_where_should_i_be_spending/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5e7pgt/im_in_my_early_thirties_what_should_my_casual/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5ee228/turtlenecks_too_douchey/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5ef5bl/want_to_get_a_pair_of_light_colored_sneakers/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5ef6vy/are_suspenders_still_in_style/
adidas.com/us/major-stretchin-it-jacket/AP6346.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's too early for techwear desu

wait until the glorious year of 2060 where western civilization is now a cyberpunk dystopia

Yes, unload all your expensive pieces on grailed so s/I can buy them at dirt cheap prices/ you don't get caught holding expensive pieces of fabric

Fuck off retard

who is this faggot and why should i care?
Hugh is the current god of techwear, not some faggot on reddit.

Techwear is use of technical materials and fabrics. It has it's own divisions, techninja shit like ACRNM and normal shit like Outlier.

The biggest issue with it is the paywall to get even basic shit (looking at you outlier).
Hugh's stuff (and the like) is meant to be an equal ground of form and function. Not something that is form over function (defeating the purpose of techwear in general) or function over form (where you end up with cheapshit like frog toggs or columbia).

If anything, its spread is techware slowly becoming a new norm.

*techwear
no idea why I put ware a the end.

These threads would make so much more sense when it's hot outside.
Save this shit thread for the summertime

>the God of techwear
You wrote that article didn't you?
pathetic af

i wish you techwear nerds would stay away from my beautiful minimal outlier

if you want cheap basics dont look to a company spending $150 to even produce their pants (which sell for $200)

This. Techninjas fuck off. Don't ruin Outlier the way you autistic faggots ruined Veilance. Little dweebs like Inkinsurgent on Sufu just ran the brand into the ground. It used to be so good.

gonna need a citation for the price.
One of the reasons they cost as much as they do is because they choose to work out of NYC.

>stop wearing what i want to wear but cant afford

loser

reddit.com/r/Outlier/comments/4wx81h/experiment_011_buaisou_indigoweight_tshirt/d6c5rvr/

this is your "God of techwear"
he is currently freaking out on mfa waywt because he cant take constructive criticism

neither of em worth blowing money on bruhbruh

I looked for what you're referring to but couldn't find it. I did find these gems though
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5e89yl/i_have_100_for_clothes_where_should_i_be_spending/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5e7pgt/im_in_my_early_thirties_what_should_my_casual/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5ee228/turtlenecks_too_douchey/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5ef5bl/want_to_get_a_pair_of_light_colored_sneakers/
reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/5ef6vy/are_suspenders_still_in_style/
I never knew this could be so funny.

what do y'all think of this?

but it looks terrible, tryhard and laughable.

flame

To me the issue with techwear was that hardly any of it is actually technical
I want shit that looks like futuristic clothing that is actually at the top of the technicality that clothes can be, there is no brand that offers that. It's just about jackets with shitton of straps and zippers and the most tapred cargos you can put on

> there is no brand that offers that. It's just about jackets with shitton of straps and zippers and the most tapred cargos you can put on
>What is Veilance
Retard.

But Veilance isn't even the absolute top in technicality nor does it make futuristic stuff, if anything they make very stripped down reductive clothing that looks as normal as possible every day clothing with technical fabrics.

Is this the haleo guy? The one who thinks he knows everything about techwear and then bitches when people don't agree with his specific view points?

Hey what's the safe way to update clover? I haven't updated it in forever and all I can find are malware sites now

techwear is just a copout for cybergoths who are starting to question their own fashion tastes but haven't figured out how to make goggles and raver pants socially acceptable yet.

>Techwear is Dead
yep

Why is he telling MFA THIS? OBCD wearing hipster cucks won't give a shit.

Veilance is 1000% techwear, it's even more techwear than acronym and it is top, because arcteryx is n1 outdoor brand, I don't understand what jacket should do to be top in technicality. You're clueless.

>God of techwear
Your techwear god is delusional fag without a taste. All his fits on sufu were lame.

pretty dope imo

If you think you should abandon a style choice because reddit thinks it is "dead" you need to leave Veeky Forums and definitely never try talking about techwear again. Design and advancement in clothing is never going to stop, and that's what techwear is about.

>implying it was ever alive
literally just edgy anime cosplay t b h

Tech pants? Go.

>where western civilization is now a cyberpunk dystopia

The modern times ARE a cyberpunk dystopia.

damn right user.

is this a chick?

I'm not saying it's not techwear
I'm saying that it doesn't have the kinda technicality features that would set it apart far above every other brand out there.
I can find jackets that have better waterproovnes rating and brethability. I can find jackets that allow better movement.

such as?

adidas.com/us/major-stretchin-it-jacket/AP6346.html
20k breathability and waterproofnes
Made for snowboarding so free movement and can take a beating

not entirely there just yet, but definitely on our way

cop SFU cargos and taper them by the inseam.

>techwear will never become mainstream
I love the look of it but I'd feel like a faggot wearing it while everyone around me just wears hoodies and jeans

w2c jacket

lol wut

>techwear

hahah

"techwear is dead"

acronym reasale game is crazy right now I've flipped 3rd arm for almost $1000 profit this month

hahahahahah

Nah. You look like a cyberpunk road technician/worker like a traffic cone with reflective stripes.

>the modern times are
>not entirely there just yet,

pick one user

I wish this was bladee