What do about crooked teeth?

What the FUCK do I do about my crooked teeth and gap?

I look really good except for my crooked teeth that my dentist and parents never let me fix. Now I'm 20 and in uni (Europe) and I don't have much money but I realize my teeth are really holding me back.

I'm considering dropping out and working for a year while wearing braces to fix my teeth.

Is there any other way?

(Pic is not my teeth but they look similar but mine are not quite as bad)

you really think youll find some silver bullet solution that you havent been told before?

orthodontics. thats it. you didnt need to make a thread for this op.

please, for the love of god, don't try to fix it

get braces, people who say you look childish are immature.
what's more important to you, what other people think of you or what you think of you?
Also don't drop out, just finish and by the time you're done you'll not only have a degree but also straight teeth

Go to school.
Don't be stupid.

Those are veneers and teeth shaping. Chemical whitening and braces are about the only dental procedure needed for good teeth

If you're confident and otherwise hot you can definitely pull off moderately crooked teeth

Not like the ones in your pic though. Crowded is easier to pull off than crooked+sparse

It's stylish in Japan :^)

But I don't have the money right now. I can't pay for it.

I would just take a year off and work and then get right back. I wouldn't lose much.

Post a pic of your teeth op

Invisalign

It's kind of a weird pic because my mouth is in an awkward position and the lens makes my teeth look huge. I can take a new pic if that one is too bad to judge from.

Would that be cheaper than braces?

Also, I saw somewhere that you could use rubber bands for hair to do it yourself. It's mainly my front teeth that need fixing. Would this be a really bad idea?

Hey I posted a pic pls respond.

>Would that be cheaper than braces?
no, but not as visible

>Also, I saw somewhere that you could use rubber bands for hair to do it yourself.
just no. this is definitely one of the things you don't want to do yourself

Alright, thanks.

Do you think my teeth are fixable?

>Do you think my teeth are fixable?
Depends on what you consider "fixed". With ordinary braces it can definitely be improved to a certain level. You could even get surgery if you want to go further (which could fix issues like under/overbite, or assymetrical jaw).
I had braces for 2,5 years, was definitely worth it, and now my teeth are in nice order. But it also made me a teeth-nazi lol

You are like a little baby
Watch this

T O O T H

What is up with the little one on the right in between your fang and your right front tooth?

Honestly I just wanna close the gap and maybe get the upper teeth a bit closer together. Do you think that would be possible?

How old were you when you had braces? I'm 20, but I look young for my age so maybe my bones are young and moldable too. I dunno.

Those are sick dude. Can you chew with them?

kek, it's actually a little deformed peg tooth, it's not actually hiding behind the other tooth that much
I used to be really insecure about it but I've grown to love it
Interestingly enough, I was born without an adult tooth behind the tooth mirroring that one so that's still a baby tooth

I won the genetic jackpot with these babies. Believe it or not I had braces for two years too

Yeah man, they treat me right like good teeth should

def fixable. mine were in a way worse situation than yours and they got straightened up. just please if you do get them wear ur fucking retainer. trust me, they get fucked up just as fast as getting them fixed if you dont

w2c actual fangs

i was like 19 or 20 or something like that when they put it on, and age wasn't an issue. Yeah, it can definitely be improved.
I had to have my wisdom teeth removed though, but that alone made tremendeous difference btw.

One of mine used to stick forward like 30 degrees but these braces are magic

That gave me hope. Were your teeth worse than mine?

Do you have to wear a retainer for life?

your teeth are pretty straight

I think a retainer could fix the gap

save money and get braces, here in the US they have payment plans without interest typically

prioritize teeth over anything else (clothes, car etc), it's what I decided to do a few years ago

That's good to hear. How long would it take, do you think?

Yeah, I don't wanna go my entire life and waste my youth on having bad teeth. It's a high priority for me.

my teeth had different issues, i had an overbite, so my upper teeth had to be moved backwards, and my whole lower jaw moved forwards.

i've only had to wear retainers for like 2 years, after that the teeth are pretty much fixed in their new place. But i also had to learn to speak differently(use my tounge a different way for making certain sounds), which relieved pressure from critical areas of my teeth as well

>But i also had to learn to speak differently

That sounds annoying, but other than that it sounds pretty great,

this looks pretty simple, maybe 6 months to a year 24/7

after you will have to wear it at night for however long it takes for the bone to stabilise

Thanks! I guess that will be not so expensive too? This thread was really uplifting. I thought I was a lost cause.

Did you have to get teeth removed for the overbite?

look at my fucked up teeth my dudes, drag me pls

You can NOT do it yourself l0l just get braces I just got mine off after 2 years.. Time goes quick before you know it you'll have them off

you can fix this in 6 months with barely visible braces, after that you'll just have to wear them at night for like a year and it's done

since you're in Europe it's probably not very expensive. In the US it would be around 5k$

I fucking hate my teeth

can I pls kiss u

why

also yes you can. i never kissed anyone in my life

idk your mouth looks kissable it was the first thing I thought when I saw
where are you located so we can arrange kissing session

Actually p effay

north west u.s.
i know i'm sorry

that is sad i live in toronto i want to kiss you just remember that when life gets u down

I'm so sorry my man

are you saying i have horse teeth
i will try

nah. i just like that gif

Joining in on the shit teeth train. Can't wait to get rich to get these fixed.

We'll all make it, op

whitening your teeth makes you look like a weird doll

Not if you're subtle about it. It's not a quick process, so it's easy to stop before that happens

More concerned about getting braces at 27. I can afford it (I'm in the UK) but a bit self-conscious. Anybody here got them at an unconventionally old age?

Braces look shit but so do bad teeth. Anyone seeing your bad teeth sees
>dude doesn't have his life in order
anyone that sees your braces sees
>dude is finally getting his life in order

Which response would you prefer to invoke?

Going through this now op and I'm an oldfag.
Not sure whether to say fuck it or walk around with metal mouth for a year. I have a lot of friends that they tell me not to do it because the gaps are endearing but it's hard meeting new people when I don't smile.

I guess if you're going to do it do it asap and get it over with.

That's my problem too. I have developed a permanent scowl and awkward laugh. I haven't made a new friend in years.

Are "reverse braces" or invisalign good options?

Get famous and make it fashionable? Or just dont be so self conscious

I got mine at 27, get them off here in 5 months or so.

Every day/week/month/year you wait is time wasted that could be used powering through having them. That's what kept me from making the leap for years.

At some point I just realized: if I had just done this two years ago, I'd be done.

They're alright, pretty good for small adjustments but conventional braces allow the most movement of teeth in a shorter time frame.
Just bite the bullet and go for it if you can afford it.

Yeah if you can afford it go for it. I'm a dental student and see increasing numbers of older people with braces so it's really nothing out of the ordinary.
If you take into consideration the fact that you're likely to live to ~100 then doing it now is time well spent. Could also go with the classic 'my occlusion was causing headaches and this is the only way to fix it' excuse.

I'm getting braces in a few weeks and I'm 25. I was in the same shoes as OP, parents didn't want to pay for it for some reason even though we were pretty well off. It especially sucks since I'm a fucking high school teacher now and I just know all these dipshits will joke about it behind my back. But at the end of the day crooked teeth look unattractive as well, and even even though I'm not as obsessed with my looks as all these faggot teens on Veeky Forums and I'm able to get laid as well, I admit I'm still pretty self conscious about my fucked up smile to this day. I'm just jelly because if I were girl braces would be considered cute. Being a straight white guy is just pure suffering desu.

They said invisalign wouldn't fix my over bite so I need the regular braces. I didn't even know I had an over bite, i was more focused on the gaps.

I'll be honest, I got laid a lot in high school and college even with the gaps so part of me doesn't give a shit but im in a situation now where it will be paid for so im considering it.

London look is effay. Don't be fooled by the mainstream media telling you that you need to look like Kim Kardashian

Google "Quick Straight Teeth" Might be called something different in your country.

Your teeth aren't that bad, so it would probably only take 6 - 9 months of braces (which are not that obvious) instead of years like other braces. Your dentist can do it, don't need an orthodontist (who will probably try to make you get regular braces anyway.)

C U T E

Just finish school and then get braces when you have an actual job.
I had to have 3 teeth pulled before I got my braces (pic related).
Also, opt for Damond braces. You don't have to wear them for as long or deal with the tiny little rubber bands around each bracket (different from what you see on mine, I have what are called chains right now and are used for pulling the teeth closer together).

Not the same user but i also had an over bite. I got 4 teeth removed

Fucking crooked.

i'd let you sugg my benis

Is it more important to have straight teeth or a degree that will help you get a career so you can pay to have straight teeth?

You might want to put this on the back burner for a while.

Tfw you almost never brush and probably will get gum disease if you don't already have it