What is the most Veeky Forums equation?

What is the most Veeky Forums equation?

E=mC2

wavefunction as a path integral for a general particle

Formal logic > arithmetic

Math is for nerds. Nerds aren't fashionable. Therefore math isn't fashionable.

the yang-baxter equation.
>don't even talk 2 me if ur theory isn't integrable
>don't even talk to me if u work in d > 1+1 (string worldsheets are fine obviously)

>tensors general
You'll be talking about spinors and rotations next.

stokes theorem

dividing by zero is not effay

Literally the most un-effay equation

>I literally found this website today

Y=c + i + g + (x-m)

Look my man there aren't too many ways to go about this.

Your first option is to pick a timeless classic like Euler's formula or whatever. This might seem like a pleb move at first glance BUT you will not find one high-tier mathematician/theorist who doesn't appreciate the beauty of it.

OR you go full obscure (like ) i.e. stuff a random undergrad or even PhD student won't learn about. You have to be able to explain your choice though.

Anything in between is a risky move because it screams I'm-an-undergrad-and-here's-my-attempt-at-showing-off and that is the least Veeky Forums thing you can do.

The tee shirt and jeans of equations.

good post but i'd say it's better to say something rather than nothing. igniting discussion is a little more important to me than not appearing like a try-hard.

I always thought tensor calculus was really pretty. At first it's complicated, confusing and annoying with all the identities, symmetries and rules, but once it 'clicks', it's wonderfully powerful and compact. Eventually the identities, symmetries and rules that your prof made you hurt your hand practicing writing become your best friend and can make difficult problems trivial.

Obviously the einstein field equations come to mind. Describing matter and space and how they interact in just a few terms is pretty fucking neat-o.

G_{\alpha \beta} + \Lambda g_{\alpha \beta} = \frac{ 8 pi G}{c^4} T_{\alpha \beta}

Also an underrated one is conservation of energy and momentum.

\Del_{\beta}T^{\alpha \beta} = 0

I feel that learning the general concepts of scientific phenomena (and the coinciding equations / variables in equations) is actually pretty easy, and the eureka moments are enjoyable, but the application of those equations into larger ideas and actually manipulating the objects into producing mathematical "sense" is totally beyond me.

are you quoting yourself from earlier today to your high school friends?

Veeky Forums has the best memes

The schrodinger equation

>tfw chemist and this is the only slightly complicated equation I'm familiar with

>tfw biochemist and don't know any equations
Can we share?

how's highschool treating ya bud?

OP=FAG

>vector symbols are lines
what field does this?
i remember a prof of mine that did cosmology research did this, but then my astrophysics profs didn't...

wow, for a second there I thought i was on /b/ in 2004

simultaneously the clunkiest piece of shit in modern physics and one of its most impressive achievements

In math, people usually don't use those symbols at all. It's usually understood (or it doesn't matter) that some object is a "vector."

Obscure usually means it's not that useful, or someone else explained it much better (usually like 40 years ago).

Euler's formula is certainly a solid choice. The Singular Value Decomposition has a more modern appeal, imo.

>Not using LateX

how can you not have learnt any equations, even in first semester we learn shit like rydberg equation, ideal gas law, partial pressure etc

None of them were relevant after university.

pleb pick but euler's formula, mostly because it was my lifeblood in undergrad (electrical engineers ww@)

Obscure can also mean stuff that's used at the cutting-edge and hasn't yet made it into the broader circles of the field, or older stuff that's becoming fashionable again for whatever reason.

hey it had to be done

inter-universal teichmuller theory obviously

Anything Lagrangian

this thread is giving me autism

This is the cringeyest shit aahaha

>Believing chemistry is anything more than a stamp collection science.

how does one make this

lagrangian can get very tedious

I think you meant to say biology friend

it really did not

you're as delusional as the advocates of SUSY