Winter coats/jackets

I always see this kind of jacket and thought it looked good. What's the best rendition of the olive drab parka or jacket?

Also post coats and jackets in general, I'm going somewhere very cold and far from my home in FL

Other urls found in this thread:

scrt.onl/products/parka-olive
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just bought this LEAF jacket.

Was 470. 20% off LEAF line.

I might return it, I can't believe I paid almost 500 for a fucking hardshell, but I got a big christmas bonus this year.

There are so many options

Will an MA-1 withstand a Chicago winter?

I had a really shitty jacket during the winter I spent in Chicago and just wore a sweater below it.....survived but it sucked
it can be very windy if you're by the lake, take that into consideration before buying just an MA1

I'm considering either of these two.

MMmmmmmm please tell me w2c

come on dude, just get one from patagonia or something

please don't let this thread die

I just copped this, which I'm loving

scrt.onl/products/parka-olive

What's best for brit weather, raincoat w/layers or a parka?

what would a 80's post-punker wear during the scandinavian winter

Nah I'm just gonna keep trolling you with dope jackets

What would siekiera do

got the parka, but can't afford the liner yet.

I'll probably just cop a flecktarn + liner for now to bridge the gap.

Yeah I might return it if I don't like it when I get it, or just get a lower line of Arc T.

I never spend more than 200 on any garment of clothing. But I am fresh out of college making 6 figures so idunno.

Pls, I'll give you a high five

Can anyone find a jacket with the same color scheme/style as the jacket on the dude that's standing up?

Wtc

I got the parka on sale from stonemenswear, brand is Ten C. I got the cheaper all Nylon version, but there's also a sturdier jersey twill version for around 1.2k.

I like that the liners are compatible with all jackets from that brand. They come in two varieties, one is simple down, the other is reinforced with shearling.

Then again, the hooded shearling liner is about 1k USD.

>dope

Thanks?

Looks similar to a tanker jacket. No buttons on a tanker though.

Is there a name for that GOWEST parka style?

Got this, only thing that I hate in this jacket is shitty hood.

Sell it for mad profit
Get M-65 with proper hood from a quality brand!

leather a-1 bomber

but back of this jacket makes it

thinking about buying this one too, because this M-65 looks fucking huge on me, good idea?

that one is actually great and really warm and the wide fit is actually good

that shit will look the same

meh

Very basic but very nice
Both

I'm serious about this by the way

>a scandinavian is unimaginative about anything
oh wow...

I'm not Scandinavian fyi, just going to spend the winter there.

What's the name of the blue coat in the bottom right corner?

I was sorta kidding with that post, man; the best way to figure out what the captions say on japanese magazines is to download the pic on your phone, crop the text you want to translate, and run it through google translate
and if anything you can just copy/paste the japanese text and do a google search
Japanese sites are all but blocked from google searches since it's all indecipherable to most Americans, but you can pretty much find a price/source on any jacket

says N3B in the caption famalam

brand is called Man of Moods; I have a pair of Snow Peak x Man of Moods quilted primaloft filled hiking pants

470 for that?
i understand quality but it ain't even effay

he could've saved ~400 bucks and just bought a gray L6

I like Carhartt hoodie jackets, but the way they fit seems to be kind of shitty, and Work In Progress really isn't much better, at least for me. Does anyone know of anything similar to pic, but higher quality? I would spend literally any amount of money, just because I'm so sick of looking for a jacket. Any weird or small brands I've never heard of? Japanese brands, etc.?

Anyone got any Patagonia Down Sweater Jacket inspo? Thinking of picking one up while they're 30% off at Backcountry but not sure how versatile they are.

dun fuck wit me

Bump

Just copped this, it looks so good on me.

Nice. If they had that in different colors I'd buy it, too.

fkn love Morrissey dude

I have the Uniqlo U one in red. It's puffier than you might think. Kind of short too, def like a vintage fit. Probs going to sell mine for an Alpha Slim MA-1

Bought this recently, still awaiting it arrival though.

I didnt even realize its the jacket that Drake wore in Hotline Bling. For that reason im thinking about returning it. I live in downtown Toronto and so many drake worshiping faggots try to copy his style here. I really dont want to be associated with them.

raf should stick to meme sneakers

Jesus fucking christ look at this red shit.

pfffffffffft

What is this? A type of jacket? Or the name of a specific Patagonia product? Search engine results were actually somewhat confusing.

Pcu l6

what Japanese Mags do you read or would you recommend?

pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

how is this user? is it warm? thinking of copping in black, not sure about this or a carhartt one

thank you

Should have gotten it in black senpai.

>I didn't even realize
that's how product placement is supposed to work
you subconsciously say "hey that label looks reputable" without realizing it's been subtly shoved down your throat for years

A noose

Are there any effay options for tallbois?

just received that exact same jacket you post but in black today and i sent it back because it looks like shit honestly.

>tfw I just want a nice brown leather sherpa but all the slim fitting ones are way out of my price range

just bought one of those flektarn jackets with the liner. I ordered the liner thinking it would be too small but the neck piece goes above my mouth when zipped and looks wonky unzipped.
THE THREADS ARE GONE, IS THIS RIGHT?!

Bought this today, feels pretty warm

I live in Toronto too and everyone is too busy trying to copy Kanye or Travis. Drake doesn't have a particular style so idk what ur saying

How warm is it? Also nice digits.

am i a fashion victim for considering pic related? it honestly doesn't even look warm but ive been wanting a piece from them for ages

Bought this meme for 180$
I am an 18 year old college student is there any chance I can pull it off

How bad did I fuck up Veeky Forums

Is this distinguished enough for an ironic/normcore look?

no

W2c

It's not a jacket just a sweater, but there's a nice Shadow Project piece on eBay I'm strongly considering. I don't know, I guess it would work well underneath a good jacket. Pic related.

You didn't. Carhartt makes some of the best jackets out there right now. Wish I had money to buy myself a nice, black Nimbus.

are canada goose jackets a meme or are they worth the money?

Pic related is $850

What I'd like to find more than anything else is a really high quality heavy duty hooded jacket with raglan sleeves.

Any inspo would be appreciated.

Got this at midwest mountaineering in minneapolis

it's lovely and warm :^)

they are a meme, though not a bad one since most down jackets are expensive anyways. They are just associated with unfashionable rich kiddos

Anyone know where to get this jacket?

they look like thriftshop stuff with japanese text under them for aesthetics

I'm thinking of copping this. Would you recommend it?

What brand is it?

Obviously not.

There's many many japanese workwear brands. I would suggest searching on rakuten or something.

Canada Goose

wtf are u talking about
based C makes great quality jackets

Just got this at black friday managed to get the last one

What do you guys think of this. I just discovered b3 jackets because I don't like down jackets. Now I'm obsessed

there's a local shearling/sheepskin guy that makes a similar version of this in house at much more reasonable price than the authentic replicas.

I tried it on at the store yesterday and it was so damn warm. Might pull the trigger today

W2C?

make sure it fits you properly, or else you'll look like a weird fat guy

>They are just associated with unfashionable rich kiddos

I really must know how the fuck this happened? Didn't Canada Goose started as jackets made specifically for researchers who work in the Arctic?

yeah I'm pretty skinny so it should be fine, but I think the original version is a intentionally a bit bigger so if the pilot wants to wear something like a sweater underneath

Looking for pic related, without the front snap pockets.

but patch pockets give it a vintage look
it's supposed to have them

Sure but I just rather one without em

Any suggestions? I've never really owned a coat before, I'd like something simple so I can wear with anything and keep for many winters