Raf simon

What are yalls opinions on the Raf Simons Ozweegos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F6VfsJ7LAlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>babby's first time on Veeky Forums

ugly, a joke shoe

deadass i think ya mama a hoe fuck em rafies tho raf simen a cuck frfr

I'd like them if they weren't made in China trash

I like a lot of raf designs and I don't minid dropping hundreds on shoes but fuck his mall-tier production standards for shoes

would buy a pair in this colorway if i found them in my size.

if he drops a similar colorway this year ill probably impulse buy and run them into the ground. they fit my wardrobe.

>they fit my wardrobe

Are you a 5 year old dressing up as a Power Ranger?

Air Monarchs never go out of style OP for sure cop :^)

Yea I really don't understand. Say what you will, Raf is an absolutely transcendental tier hack if he can manage to convince even one (O N E) person that this shoe and colour scheme is worth spending any money on (grown people at that)

Just copped

How the fuck do you people find this shit fashionable, I mean god damn I understand quirky shit but these are the same fucking shoes your autistic classmate wore every day to school and I can't for the life of me understand why you'd want to recreate that aesthetic

you have to be an mfa/fedoralounge-tier autist to not be able to incorporate a basic athletic shoe silhouette into your wardrobe.

this colorway is just the one that compliments my other pieces the best. besides, if you buy used you can always resell for no loss. i admit that the silver is a bit questionable but it doesnt look bad in any on-foot pics ive seen.

There are athletic shoes that look nice that can fit into almost any wardrobe

The Ozweego is not one of them

>basic athletic shoe

literally any running/lifestyle crossover shoe looks 100x better than this swill m8

>pic related: how most people react to a shoe like this

>being a boring human being
rise

there are ways to avoid being boring without looking like a mong

what is your idea of an interesting shoe? probably sfbs or geos lol

all it takes is confidence and decent coordination to make ozweegos dope. obviously you dont wear them with a zip up hoodie and cargo shorts

underrated

this fit is garbage

i like the colors but something about the vintage feel of the sweater and the gundam shoes dont click for me

id on pants ?

so when are you going to post an example then?

Why dont you fuck off from European brand Americuck?

Pretty clunky design. Tns and some air maxes pull of the same aesthetic much better and for way less cash.

>he fell for the made in Europe meme

Are you a 62%? Are you telling me if a shoe is made in France/Spain/Italy/UK it will be the same quality as a chink shoe?

>plebs

>Complex actually made an article on why everyone should have a pair of Monarchs
>It's shit like "because they're cheap" and "because they're not hyped" which applies to a lot of better looking shoes in that price bracket

Are there good alternatives to ozweegos? I'm looking to avoid dropping a bunch of money to get some chunky autist sneakers. I like the style of these retard trainers with skinny jeans and a giant sweater.

Pretty much any trainer that Jerry wore in Seinfeld.

It's just another symptom of the board's decline. Obviously because of the nature of an anonymous image board, certain opinions are over-represented (i.e. the ones of people who have a lot of time on their hands and are more opinionated). Veeky Forums is something of an echo chamber, and when you constantly look at the catalog and see threads like 'Rick Owens general', its easy to see how some people can forget how ridiculous the clothing is.

People have seen images of Ozweegos posted on this board so often that they don't even properly understand what they are looking at - they just see the hype, the price-tag and the label (they must be cool if Raf Simons made them... even though he never wears them... I wonder why?)

I know people wear them in a semi-ironic, knowing way, but it doesn't excuse how bad they are.

TO EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD THIS IS HOW YOU USE THIS SHOES WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE A KID, WACTH THE VIDEO

youtube.com/watch?v=F6VfsJ7LAlE

Also there is a lot of good shit in the video, asap is good

this is actually too matchy-matchy imo

None of his outfits are good in this, so I'm going to assume this is a joke

this

the guy don't know how to rock that shoes

Shut up with this memebait

One of the first times I saw a fit with ozweegos I fucking loved the look of it. It might be hard to comprehend for you and others, but the reason that such a piece gets hyped in the first place is that a lot of cool people have seen and appreciated a certain aesthetic.

I don't like all the colourways, but some of them are very good.

he tried to show a everyday outfits like "i use this to go to buy cigarettes" nothing so fucking formal

I never understood the appeal of that song. I like some of ASAP's music, but that song is so fucking boring.

Is this 2013??

nobody hyped that song, people wacth this because rihanna and shit

So your argument is that anything popular has to be good, because otherwise it wouldn't be popular? Okay.

For something to become popular, there has to be some kind of appeal. You might think that a lot of popular things aren't necessarily good, but there certainly was something about them that made them become the things that got popular.

I personally loved the look of Ozweegos when I saw them the first time. I like the quirky futurism about them and I think some of them are honestly just beautiful. I don't own any of them though and don't intend to.

usually what i'm dressed innn

Raf Simons, Rick Owens usually what I'm dressed in

i didnt care much for rafs when i first saw the terrex, but I can appreciate them because the color choices, placements, and balances made the shoes look passable. Its respectable because the silhouette and concept are ugly, but the execution is well done, making the shoe semi passable. It's akin to playing against a golf handicap

The reason it was popular was because most people thought of it as a joke. It was literally Raf selling people children's shoes from the 90s-00s but at a higher cost.

>I like the style of these retard trainers with skinny jeans and a giant sweater.

looks bad with skinny jeans imo. slim or relaxed works much better. fits the loose/chill/semi-athletic vibe. a lot more synergetic instead of show-casey

or theyre legitimately dope, but keep wearing your NBs and club Cs thinking youre hot shit.

I'm pretty excited for these, best Raf Ozzyz yet.

CUMMIES

love these ones but cant find them anymore

But that's not true

lol those are bad, the other two pairs are good though

Go back even in our archives, they've been a joke for years.

And likewise, keep wearing your children's shoes because they're "legitimately dope"

yeah, because there have always been people with boring taste on here.

w2c sweater

Raf is a a great artist, a pretty good designer, and overall, very talented and seemingly one of a handful of people at the top who is aware of or at least cares about how the fashion industry is changing (arguably for the worst) - specifically in high fashion - and has a voice worth listening to.

That being said, these shoes are ugly as fuck and I don't understand why people are so afraid to admit it. Nobody's designs are flawless and if you wear these shoes, then you're either doing it out of brand-whoring, insecurity, tastlessness, or some combination of those things.

any lookalike shoes out there?

>any lookalike shoes out there?

Skechers

What do you think about these

oh he got the velcros

where will i be able to purchase these?

not sure but ferragamo makes some similar ones

These aren't coming out until probably February.

and in feb w2c?

i find them pretty good

do you need to get in the fucking robot after wearing them?

I've got the best ones yet I'm not copping the 2017 colorways cause I know Instagram hypefags will kill their appeal

>these shoes are ugly as fuck and I don't undershand why people are so afraid to admit it

I'll admit its not for everyone but what you're saying is completely subjective. I didn't get ozweegos when I started out but instantly liked em after seeing someone wearing them. I'd agree theres an element of irony in wearing them but some people do legitimately think they look good.

Same argument can be said for anything really. Rick, Craig Green, Off White, TB, etc etc

hey bleachedtears
or is it 01paradox now

I'm not bleachedtears fag

wowee papi that's a shit opinion you have there

>the raf simons ozweegos
>the yohji yamamoto qasas
theres like 3 levels of understanding the shoe
the first level is to think that they're ugly and say "why would anyone ever like these"
the second level is to be a contrarian and get cucked by streetwear culture and Veeky Forums into thinking they're cool and then spout some bullshit "antithesis of fashion" garbage
third level is to realise they're just adidas shoes at a ridiculous markup in which some of them look good but most are terrible

at least fall for another meme like geobaskets, that way you actually get a decent quality product even if it is a meme

well then you're stealing his pictures
or i'm wrong and you're a wannabe

I just like the way they look

I am serious when I say this:

I look at the Ozweegos as an attempt by Raf to see how much people are willing to pay for ugly shoes simply because it has a designer name attached.

Ozweegos looks like shit but these are dope.

These are absolutely gigantic on feet.

I dig the colors, but I know I'll never be able to rock Ozweegos without looking like a giant autist.

this is my favorite shoe as of right now
the gosha reeboks in black with red lettering come in second place

>at least fall for another meme like geobaskets
richard, please

>not gosha black filas
plen

can confirm this
i have the black ones and all my friends call them boats
and they're very uncomfortable
i still love them tho

lmao is this real?

Yep