What are your honest thoughts on techwear?

What are your honest thoughts on techwear?
With more and more companies paying special attention to tech fabrics and blurring the line between performance clothing and casual wear (outlier pic related, arcteryx veilance, nike acg, adidas etc), do you think techwear is the future of modern clothing?

it's nothing new or even innovative for that matter it's the same shit that's been available for years at outdoors stores it's just repackaged/rebranded to make more money

NEW MILLENNIUM AESTHETIC + VEGANISM + PUBLIC ASSIMILATION = CONTEMPORARY CASUAL TECHWEAR.

Is it not though? Up til the last few years outerwear (hardshells, softshells, quick dry fabrics etc) have been regarded as something separate to casual wear and have always been something visually unappealing in its loose fits, gaudy visible colors, I don't recall anyone in the 00s putting out water/windproof blazers

>have always been something visually unappealing in its loose fits, gaudy visible colors
>I have literally no idea what I'm talking about

I don't understand this, its innovative because they made a plastic blazer?

strong rebuttal

No, it's innovative because we're now getting casual unassuming clothes with technical properties

Why can't Veeky Forums talk about techwear without shitposting?

There is fuck all to discuss if yu don't know anything about the subject
Do some research
Come back when you have something to say that isn't just something you came up with

Another strong rebuttal, you really did prove me wrong

eh..techwear looks cringey af, doesnt help all BIS are crazy expensive, and the people that wear them dont actaully need all those functionality and jargons.

Pretty much this. Casual techwear is the true style of clothing of the XXI century.

>veganism

neck yourself.

literally black plastic: the style

nice projecting you ugly faggot :)
enjoy your tryhard denim jeans and leather jacket lmao

All of you reread your posts and think about how this post has contributed positively to a website that you use every day

thats what i was originally saying dude

weve had that for fucking years REI sells this shit it's just over priced and aimed at chinese nouveau riche this time

ID on those trousers?

underrated poast

not everyone can pull it off, and that doesn't mean you're not attractive. some peoples features just complement certain styles better. techwear is for skinny japanese guys

file name bitch

>the future of modern clothing
No.
But I think it will persist, both as an aesthetic (futuristic, clean, urban) as well as a design philosophy (rethinking classic design with state of the art materials, production techniques and additional functionality). Outlier, Acronym and Veilance fully embody these pricipals and I would consider them genre-defining. But already you can see how this aesthetic and design philosophy influences outdoor brand (arcteryx mainline, TNF, JW...), fashion brands (Y3, ACG, Stone Island, Norwegian Rain, Final Home...) and tactical brands (Arcteryx Leaf, Triple Aught...).
I think especially the mainstream acceptance of outdoorsy jackets (next time you go outside count the number of TNF jackets) almost guarantees that technical-jet-urban clothing will persist.

>fashion brands (Y3, ACG, Stone Island
The rest maybe but ACG and Stone Island are tough built, moreso than ACRNM I'd argue.