W2c everything on the very left fit? What brands should I look into for the pants, shirt, and shoes?

w2c everything on the very left fit? What brands should I look into for the pants, shirt, and shoes?

Also, can someone post a picture of someone actually wearing this? I really like the very left fit, thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

theclotherie.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also I'm 5'10" Asian and wear size 9.5 shoes. I don't want to look like a clown.

left is sort of mediocre but here's my advice:

Go to an actual store. You don't want to buy pants like that online. A mens fashion store(your local store will work) can fit you and in-house tailor pants. You'll pay $50-100 a pair and they will look much better than something you buy online.

Shirts you can do like Banana Republic(if cyber monday is still going for them it's a good deal) if you want, but while you're getting pants you can just get the shirts in-person too.

As for the shoes, I'd just go through somewhere like Nordstrom and see what you like.

We're talking about basic business attire here. You don't want to buy that stuff online, and frankly it's all so conservative that most stores will have slight variations of the same stuff.

poorfags please leave the board fucking REEEEEEE
the whole point of a minimalist wardrobe is to focus on the subtleties like quality and design and fit, so buying $50-$100 retail pants a shirt from fucking banana republic isnt exactly ideal
dont listen to this fool

try lemaire, margaret howell, jil sander, margiela
its fortunate i have a lemaire photo of something relatively similar to what youre looking for

>w2c
have you actually looked at the picture?
It says it right there "All products shown can be found at Mr Porter"

>inb4 that's too expensive
minimalism only works with high quality fabrics and attention to detail
if you want it to be Veeky Forums you'll have to pay for it

otherwise go with this >local store $50-100 pants
>Banana Republic shirts
>Nordstrom shoes
>basic business attire
>conservative
and just be another office drone wearing a uniform for his boss, craving to get home and change into track pants and a wife beater

>dont listen to this fool
>and just be another office drone wearing a uniform for his boss

He is literally asking where to buy a white shirt.

It's much easier to just go to a store and let people put you in fitting clothes if your understanding of how to dress is this basic.

If you're just getting into fashion the office is not a place to start trying to dress yourself.

>thinking all white shirts are basically the same
I don't think you grasp the mindset behind this style

And I say this as someone who works for a large tech company. I see so many 20s kids who start getting big pay checks, decide to start dressing "well", and spend $1000 on an office wear outfit that does not fit them properly.

Even if you're buying high-end clothes you should probably be doing it in person if you're paying for office wear.

I personally drive to San Francisco for MAAS & Stacks to buy office attire lately, but the fact is that regardless of OP's price range we do not need to be just recommending him labels that he will go out, buy online, and not look good in.

I fully understand. I also understand that working in an office setting I see people daily who can not dress themselves despite wearing $1000 outfits.

The OP should go to the best store he can reasonably afford and let them put clothes on him.

not everybody has the privilege of having nice retailers near them

There is at least one place within a day's drive from nearly everywhere in the US/Europe. I lived in Alabama for NASA for five years and I found places to go. Office wear isn't a weekly shopping trip.

Additionally, if you have the money to wear Lemaire or Margaret Howell and have it be a responsible choice you have the money for a $300-500 plane ticket to NY, SF, or whatever large city is nearest you. That's the cost of one garment in the price range we're discussing.

Don't buy fucking office wear online. It's something you should only have to buy once or twice a year. It can be an event that you spend a little extra time on. Only buy from retailers who are familiar with tailoring the specific labels you are buying.

>I fully understand
no you don't, the point of these outfits is the exact opposite of what you are recommending
this is not about office wear at all

when did OP ever mention that he was going to wear this in the office
do you have to be a clown to wear ramones now baka

Where else would you wear those pants? Look, I understand what you are saying. Owning nice clothes is a wonderful privilege with its own benefits.

But the OP is looking for office/professional wardrobe recommendations, and if he is asking on Veeky Forums for such things he is clearly and definitively in the category of people who should just be going to the best store he can afford responsibly, picking some things out, and having the fitting people help him out on sizing and tailoring and fit.

Buying such clothes online is a huge mistake and he will either wear the clothes badly or have his purchase simply go to waste.

It is bad practice to just start naming expensive labels and throwing people like the OP to the wolves. If he doesn't have a local store that can help him with his price range, he likely also does not have a local tailor that can help him with clothes like he is asking for.

If you wear wool trousers outside of professional settings and you aren't over 40 you have a problem.

hehe xd ad hominiem to cover up my otherwise lack of an argument and projection
wear socks
your jeans are too tight and fit badly
the coat is pretty ugly
collar of the shirt is fucked up
shoes are ugly aswell
dont wear vnecks

You look good. Maybe the coat is a little goofy, but that's not what we're discussing here.

Save up money and make a trip to a place like Barney's. Let them fit you with nice wool trousers. A few good pairs last you a life time if you take care of them.

Alternatively do what I said in my first post and just go to your local menswear store. Even a $100 pair of wool trousers that are tailored in-house to fit you will look better than a $300 pair you buy online and have pinned up in the legs.

If you give me your location I will advise you on specific stores to visit in nearby major cities.

Phoenix, AZ

Yeah I'm probably going to return the coat. Can you guys also recommend me a nice looking coat under $300?

why cant you just buy your waist size pants online and tailor them afterwards

OP here again. How do I deal with child bearing hips and thicc thighs? Seems like all my fat goes there.

>Where else would you wear those pants
EVERYWHERE
that's the fucking goal of minimalism
wear them lounging on your couch, going out on a date,
visiting a museum, while travelling, grocery shopping, and yes also in the office

I'm also with you that they have to fit well
but all online stores that sell luxury brands have a great return policy
and often times it's better to browse online and make a well informed decision
instead of going to a physical store and getting pressured into buying something less than perfect by a pushy salesman

Is this fit acceptable to wear without tucking in the shirt?

Phoenix is a $120 plane ticket from LA. When you get some money hit LA for stores like Isaia, Maxfield, etc.

Until then I would really, seriously just go to your best local menswear store. A quick glance at Phoenix google is showing a place called The Clothiere and they sell some decent labels. Go talk to them, tell them your goal(that you want x number of nice wool trousers to wear regularly) and even if they don't have what you want in stock I can almost guarantee they will find some for you, bring them in, and tailor them to fit you well.
theclotherie.com

Far better experience to let others stress out about making your clothes fit perfectly. This also solves your issues with the thicc thighs.

Let professional clothiers worry about making you look good.

No idea about a $300 coat. Good luck with that.

>instead of going to a physical store and getting pressured into buying something less than perfect by a pushy salesman
The problem is finding tailors that can deal with $300+ pants. You can't return tailored pants.

Just curious, but how old are you? Im only 18 and I don't have generous parents desu

I'm 27 and I've worked for NASA as a representative since I was 21.

i literally never implied that please stop projecting
youre literally just arguing semantics now
you cant return in-house tailored pants aswell wtf does that even mean

Guess I have a lot of learning to do, then. How old were you when you got into fashion?

in-house tailoring is going to fit you before you give them money. If you buy expensive pants and your area doesn't have good tailors you run the risk of fucking them up.

If you go to an in-person clothing store they are liable for your clothes fitting you. Any good store is going to guarantee their fits even long after you purchase. I returned 3 year old pants a few days ago because I was unhappy with them.

Buying from local clothing stores is a better experience. Especially when he has a totally acceptable place in his city.

Shortly after I started getting pay checks. They stationed me as a rep in Alabama and I was bored as fuck on the weekends so I would drive all around the south buying clothes and going biking.

Any places you recommend to a poor student for the time being? I still want to go for the minimalist look.

regular tailoring is going to fit you before you give them money aswell as long as you know how pants are supposed to fit and one would assume they would also know a thing or two about well fitting pants
you use the area distance rhetoric yet your counter argument to my "you wont always find good stores near you" was "drive out of the area"
are there truly stores where on a whim you can return and state that a pair of pants dont fit you the way you want them to fit 3 years after deciding that you liked the fit and subsequently buying it
can you really return ratty ass 3 year old pants and get a refund with the store fully knowing they cant resell the pants
i agree with your last point but your argument was that $300 tailored pants from nice brand < $100 in house tailored pants

I still stand by my first post. Go somewhere like Banana Republic and just let them tailor some $75 pants for you. They will look better than most $300 pants other kids are wearing. There's a BR in Scottsdale. Supposedly 22 minutes away from Phoenix.

There's also a Saks in Phoenix. I'd try there before traveling to BR or anywhere else. They're hit or miss, but it might be a decent location, and I think their ~$100 wool pants are quite good for the price. It looks like the shopping mall or whatever at Biltmore Fashion Park has plenty of places to try. That's also where the Clotherie place I recommended earlier is.

I apologize for shooting so high with my recommendations. I was still defending against people telling you to buy Margiela or Lemaire online.

Don't buy clothes that need to be tailored online unless you're really experienced and trust a local tailor. If you want to test out local tailors, go buy thrift store pants that fit you in the waist and do some trial runs. Don't risk $100-300 online pants.

Thank you.

Should I return my goofy coat? Like I said, I'm 18 and have no idea what I'm doing half the time. If I can't afford a $300+ coat, should I just not bother?

He's a poor student. If he buys online he is going to get in deep and either wear ill-fitting pants or spend more than he has to for cheap pants. If you aren't spending a lot of money and importing foreign labels that you cant find easily in your region there is no reason not to just go to a store. Saks, BR, etc. are the kind of thing that are in his price range anyway. Why wouldn't he spend a couple of hours and go to the store instead of ordering then stressing out over tailoring?

Coats are a thing to be patient with. If you need a coat get a coat, but don't spend $300 on something you aren't happy with when it's functionally identical to $20 hoodies. Obviously that's an unfortunate compromise, but it's better to find things you like and save. I'm pretty sure you can get a good coat you will like for $300, I just don't know of any specific ones to recommend. Look while you're looking for pants. Once you're buying a few things places will be nice to you and help you.

There's also supposedly a Nordstrom in Scottsboro. I'd check there as well. They may have some nice, long-lasting pants in the $100 range.

wtf this guy looks like shit the fact that you even posted him is a joke lmao kys faggot

Banana fucking Republic? Really?

It's GAP shit with a different label.

Made in Indonesia crap for fat American fucks.

Here's a hint: don't bother with this style if you're poor. It's not about the colors. It's about the material. I see retards trying to dress like techno interests them all the time with their fucking naked and famous jeans and stan smiths and zara shit and it's just embarrassing.

BR's tailored stuff isn't thaaaaaat bad, and it's cheap, which he needs. Obviously it is not for the same demographic as $300+ pants are, but if you have $50-100 to spend on a pair of pants BR is in the upper tier of options.

buying cheap clothes is the biggest fucking meme.

If you can't afford something today, then save until next month and check if you can afford it then. I will never understand this nigger mentality of "it needs to be under $100"

if your budget is $100, then just wait until it isn't. ffs

Sure, but if winter is coming and he doesn't have a winter wardrobe he might just need a few pairs of $50 BR pants until next winter. He's fucking 18.

OP just give up

more money than genetics: the picture

I must have missed that part.

If you're 18 you could still even have a growth spurt. Who knows.
Yeah whatever. Mall trash it is.

I think the opposite. He looks decent, his clothes are cheap and look like cheap clothes of that type.

It's 4 am senpai, give me a break

this looks alright but ditch the coat and get short hair
also work out you skinny fat cunt

you'd look better if you hit the gym

Should I go skeleton mode?

What would you rate me out of 10? Just curious.

I am terribly skinny fat, unfortunately. I think skinny is pretty effay, but being an Asian male in western countries means I have to lift. Thanks guys. Is Veeky Forums any good?

Tfw poorfags on here start screeching whenever our legacy or common projects gets mentioned

Well you're better than average when it comes to face structure I reckon but you don't have any special features so you're about a weak 6 at best
Lift (lifting doesn't mean getting S W O L E it just means get rid of all that fat and get some muscle) and get a tight fade and you'll be golden

I hate how fat my legs are. Is 18 too late to start lifting? Is there any surgery to get male-sized hips?

Just don't eat any sugar outside of fruit, run a 5k every other day (when you reach that level) and lift.
If you wanna be pretty you gotta put in the work f.am

with that height and the fact that youre asian and your facial features id say youre like a 6 or something
could be a 7 if you lost weight/toned up
dont need to become a gym rat nor a skelly just start going for runs and hit the gym like 3x a week
at no point in human life "too late to start lifting"
your hips arent even that bad dude
ok post something better plz and tell me why he looks like shit

How do I look like a 5'10" Asian version of Hamilton Morris?

You don't you spastic chink
FIX YOUR FUCKING DIET, RUN AND LIFT
ALSO BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND WASH YOUR FACE
CUT YOUR NAILS
JUST FUCKING LOOK AFTER YOURSELF AND YOU'LL LOOK GOOD AND BE HAPPIER FOR IT
STOP BEING STUPID REEEEEEEEE

ok

Literally this holy shit

>lememe
>memearet howell
>memegiela
>jil memer