What battle or war in history would you have wanted to participate in?

What battle or war in history would you have wanted to participate in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLwebTq9qcc
youtube.com/watch?v=I22xdJgraZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None?

Stalingrad, just to see the plume of smoke that formed a cross over the city.

Or Verdun just to see the destruction.

Heraclea, as a war elephant

>cold, dead and a commie
or
>cold, dead with gas blisters

All of the wars of the Roman republic up to the civil ones.

Ave Victoriam!

Roma Invicta!

The battle of Marathon would be so great, just slaughtering all those persians

Crusades

DEUS VULT

A battle under Khalid ibn al Walid, Drawn Sword of Allah, killing crosscucks preferably. Smashing the Byzantines, raping their women, enslaving their kids.

THEY'RE COMING RIGHT AT US!

Being in Germanicus's army would have been fun, teaching those stupid germanshits a lesson in pain for fucking with rome.

Or, on the off chance you survive Stalingrad...
>Cold, battered, but victorious and about to push the Germans all the way back to Berlin over the next two years

But yeah, even surviving the slaughter that was Verdun would be horrible. Two more years of trench bullshit with barely any progress until the last stages of the war.

I get that Deus Vult is a meme now, but it really would be exciting to at least take part in the first crusade, if not the other less successful ones.

Swedish side in the Battle of Narva

The russians were so utterly defeated that the chance of me dying would be minimal

And to see the far more numerous remnants of the russian army surrender to us because they don't stand a chance against us even with their superior numbers

>thinks they were all one war/battle

Back to /pol/

The only adult in this thread

Yeah all that plundering, raping and slaughtering jews. So adventutous.

The Battle of Lepanto. Imagine sailing with your Holy League buddies in the last major galley battle of the Mediterranean. After the glorious battle, the Ottoman fleet is defeated and together you have prevented them from expanding their influence in the Mediterranean. As a bonus, thousands of Christian prisoners would be rescued from slavery on the captured ships. It was truly a glorious day for all of Christendom.

Any battle that didn't have a casuality on my side

What's the whitest army that allowed camp followers? I'd love to the sex toy of some qt roman on the go. preferably in a war we win

Bananas for demonic monkey.

>>all that plundering, raping and slaughtering jews
I dunno about adventurous, but it sure sounds like a fun time.

Did you forget where you are for a moment?

I won't deny the Crusaders commited atrocities, but retaking the Holy Land from the Saracens would indeed be an adventure. Call me a Christboo, but it sounds cool. I know it's been.heavily romanticized, but Christian and Muslim states clashed so much it was essentially a continuation of those struggles with a religious pretext.

"Bananas for demonic monkey"

Fuck jews

If all war is horrible then it would have to be one that is the most just such as the fight against the Nazis.

But nah im just kidding it would have to be the Battle of Raphia, just to see it.

I'd like to help Platius rekt Boudica that daft cunt.

fight with Caeser in Gaul

Or serve under Vespasian in the legio II

You think most of the rest of "adventures" in history were any different?

You are just asking for it. Sweet dreams in hell.

noice palindrome get brah

Oh sorry, you are safe.

Thx mate. As said, nice palindrome get. Those are super rare.

Siege of Constantinople. Just before the final attack i would go and close the side gate so the turks can't get in. The attack fails, and Mehmet withdraws the next day ( he promised to do so if that attack failed. ) I save christendom by shutting a door.

but i'm not from /pol/

BANANAS FOR DEMONIC MONKEY

I would fight for the Emperor!!!!

>voluntarily wanting to participate in two of the most miserable battles in human history "just to see"

Battle of the Little Bighorn on the side of the Natives.

The glorious felines of immunity are with me, I fear no ape.

I'm pretty sure there was a soccer war between 2 South American countries.. So, Battle of the Field Fairies.

I think tribal people might have had meme wars

The first post is always the best

I'd want to be alongside the valiant Caesar at Alessia.

Bananas for demonic monkey

None because I'm not an autistic teen ager whose impressions of war come primarily from Cowadoody

Battle of the Crater, on the side of the Confederates.

Now I'm not one of those "lost cause" morons, but if I'm going to have to pick a battle and a side, I'd pick the battle where it literally turned into a shooting gallery.

The story goes that though the Union soldiers were gallant they were notoriously disorganized, and when one of their commanders got it in his thick skull to sap the confederate line with underground explosives, he forgot to equip his soldiers with ladders, and the resulting massive crater caused by the blast filled with union soldiers who had no way of climbing out of it, and the confederates could look down on them and at pick them off at their leisure.

And then as an added horror/benefit (depending on who you ask) after they were victorious the confederates descended into the crater and slaughtered every negro soldier who had taken up arms against the confederacy like cattle while taking all of the white soldiers prisoners of war. Of course every single one of those confederates was later drowned in the mud by vengeful negro soldiers at Jenkin's Ferry, but we're only talking about participating in a single battle, right?

Another battle which went like this was Fredericksburg, which turned into such a meat grinder that it caused Robert E. Lee to utter "it is a good thing that war is so terrible, lest we grow fond of it," as he watched Union soldiers bite it by the thousands.

don't be a dick, this is basically a memorable battles thread. Half of Veeky Forums don't have the courage to run into battle and the other half couldn't kill a person. I'm the latter.

Stirling Bridge is pretty interesting, fighting for something worth the trouble

Seriously.

So many fucking killjoys in this thread trying to shame people for fantasizing about something that every culture on the planet finds fascinating (if less so to actually participate)

but
>Half of Veeky Forums don't have the courage to run into battle and the other half couldn't kill a person. I'm the latter.
Oh, I bet with the right cause/motivation and training they could be beaten into surprisingly good soldiers. Confederate country boys thought that they were going to steamroll over the urbanized Union sissies and changed their tunes almost immediately after the first few battles despite the fact that they were confederate victories.

Battle of Vienna. Just to see this fucking charge

Three candels for three saved souls. Rest of you will burn in banana hell tonight, no fancy pussy will protect you

Polandball detected

You arouse the ire of the immunity granting ones at your own peril, fuckface.

>cuckold pacifists who think they're being intellectuals for saying war is bad like none of us fucking know that

same

Spanish Civil War
Franco-Prussian War
Any of the Napoleonic Conquests (excluding Russia)
Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa
Peloponnesian War
Some of the Crusades.

The catalaunian field, on the side of the romans just to rekt some huns in bloody battle

Israeli War of Independence so I can comically BTFO A-rabs

One of the victorious battles of king Gustaf II Adolphus, aka the lion from the north.

Agincourt
I would go with a camera and video from afar just to prove to the autistic's that Longbows are effective against fully armoured knights

The Finno-Korean Hyper War.

Down with the Hwan!

>I would go with a camera and video from afar just to prove to the autistic's that Longbows are effective against fully armoured knights
Who are exhausted, savaged by dysentery, and trapped hopelessly in thick mud

Probably Gravelines, Naseby, or Blenheim desu

youtube.com/watch?v=PLwebTq9qcc

This. Battle of Marathon.

>youtube.com/watch?v=I22xdJgraZw

I know it's not like this but damn does it play like this in my imagination.

Narva, swedish side, so i can kill some russians and live in the good old swedish empire

>Gettysburg
>General... really... you do not need to do this. You are already winning the war defensively.

Third War for Armageddon ofc

bananas for demonic monkey

The Alamo

I Live, I Die, I Live Again

Tours.

none of them
If I absolutely had to choose a war to fight in I would either do the Revolutionary War (because it would be for something I deeply believe in at least) or the Kettle Pot War

HURRY NIGEL! HURRY!

Emu war would have been pretty fun

Bosworth Field on the Plantagenet side to try and kill Henry Tudor.

Alesia
> so i can be in caeser senpai's presense

The battle of Gaugamela just to see Alexander the Great pull off some of the most ridiculous tactics of all time. Balls of steel.

Most memorable thing Caesar said in the series imo. Ptolemy got btfo

>You are already winning the war defensively.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that by this point in the war the Union's blockade was devastating the Confederacy's access to supplies needed to continue fighting. The Confederate strategy to inflict costly defeats on the Union early on and force them to negotiate had failed, as they had many more war supplies and were willing to keep feeding the meat grinder in a way that the Confederacy simply couldn't afford. This led Lee to go on the offensive as an act of desperation.

I've never been in a "battle", but I was in the US Army for 8 years where I saw some dudes get literally BTFO by an IED and shot a guy who opened fire on us because he was butthurt over being literally cucked by a soldier. Driving down the road pretty much daily waiting for the next IED was a thousand times more frightening than the gunfight. The latter actually got my adrenaline going in a good way and seems like it might almost have been a fun experience except for the actual act of killing the guy, which I never felt good about.

god dammit Germanicus was so fucking awesome

what could have been ;_;

Siege of Vienna, with Jan Sobieski, I just want to hear the horses charging.

The one where I'm an artillery man or scout cavalryman

On that topic, I'd be down for fighting with the 21st Ohio Volunteer infantry at Chickamauga. Sure, the Union retreated in that battle, but the 21st put up a hell of a last stand with revolver rifles. They put out so much fire that the confederates thought they were up against a whole division.

Granted, they did eventually run out of ammo and get captured, but it still sounds like it would be a cool last stand to be in up until the end.

bananas for demonic monkey

/thread

The Fall of Constantinople, on the Byzantine side. Dying would be worth it.

Dardanelles Operation
On the Turkish side
>be British get kebabd

There's always one or two "2mature4u" asshats who hate fun.

Austerlitz or Guagamela just to witness a truly great commander at the peak of their powers and in person

Eh, they still a massive step up from the banana monkey retards

Bananas for Demonic Monkey.

The battle of San Jacinto, Texas war for independence.
Obviously on the side of the Texans, mainly because of the extremely low casualties. Why would anyone want to participate in a battle that doesn't result in overwhelming victory? Remember the Alamo.

Alesia
Towton
Brunkeberg

Kursk

waterloo
more specifically the old guard last stand, that's easily the most heroic thing i've ever heard about war - commiting and sacrificing your best men, that you personally knew and who have been there with you since your early campaigns to stall the enemy while the rest of the army retreats must have been hard as fuck for napoleon... but that's how tales of valour are made.

>pic related: you're in the club, this guy approaches you and asks you to surrender, what do you do?

It didn't happen like that. The committing of the guard was the last resort, it was the ultimate charge, not to save his army from retreating, but just to win Waterloo.
Except they didn't win. They retreated. The first and last time of their unit's history.