What are the dumbest financial mistakes you've seen people make? I know you have stories, Veeky Forums

What are the dumbest financial mistakes you've seen people make? I know you have stories, Veeky Forums.

Start off fresh.

>tax prep volunteer
>get a fat welfare bitch, 70 years old
>tells me she stopped paying all her bills for almost a year, including the mortgage
>because her 50 year old, unemployed, homeless, single-mother daughter told her to
>didn't question it
>only started paying again when a social service worker told her she would lose her house
>can't tell me anything about how much she made or spent, or on what
>can't remember her own address, social, or phone number

>girl I know related by marriage, 19
>talked a whole bunch of shit about going to medical school
>question it because she isn't that bright
>like clockwork drops out first semester because they won't let her use her phone in class
>becomes stripper and pizza delivery girl
>thinks she's making good money
>gets pregnant to bf of 3 months
>buys brand new car, financed of course
>has to drop stripping, then pizza job too, due to pregnancy
>no income
>car note due
>bf loses one of his two jobs
>she goes crying on facebook asking for money
>her own mother is dirt poor and driving a car with 300k miles on it, eats from a food bank
>wants her mom to pay for her car note
>she isn't capable
>complains on facebook that her own mother refuses to help her
>causes huge drama (irrelevant)
>bitch starts selling "homemade candles" through facebook
>they're shitty
>she doesn't make any money
>may have actually lost money from supplies expense
>kid is born, they're living with bf's family
>hear she has "depression"

>mother of young pregnant stripper
>no real education, took loans to go to shitty online scam school, still hasn't paid them off, never graduated
>ten years ago her father died, got money from insurance
>could have paid their debt, or paid the bills, or got potable water for their house (they can't drink the water...house is technically designated uninhabitable)
>they gave it all, 10k, with no contract or note or signature or anything, to some friend of a friend who said he as gonna be the next big rap star
>said he'll pay them back like threefold when he made it big
>they hand over the cash and never see the guy again
>everyone told them not to do it but they wouldn't listen and got mad at us
>find out reason
>the guy had the same birthday as her dead father so she thought it was a sign...or some shit
>despite being on food bank assistance and not having potable water, they've taken numerous vacations to fancy resorts and own 3 cars (two of which don't run), a boat, at least one four wheeler, numerous bikes, and god knows what else
>also let some guy and his pregnant teenage girlfriend live in their attic for $20 a week (which doesn't even cover the food they eat)
>the guy steals from them and has stolen from them every time he came to their house since the time he could know what stealing was
>they literally have video evidence that he steals their loose change
>still let him live there because reasons

Just glad I don't share blood with these people.

oh hey look Oklahoma made it to the party

Bruh, do we know the same person?

Similar story.

>In college
>19 y/o girl who keeps flip-flopping between going to med school and becoming a lawyer
>believes she is prodigy destined for success
>gets part-time job as a hostess at a red robin
>finances for a brand new Honda Accord
>talks down to me and other classmates like we're idiots (I literally carried our group)
>complains about having no time because she works part-time and has to go to school.

No idea what happened to her now, but ye she's a downy.

You'd think but I live on the northern east coast.

>father
>deeply in debt, 30k in cc debt, underwater on his ghetto shack of a house
>convinced because of a youtube video by some chucklefuck that the world is ending
>something about a stray planet or black hole or shit coming close enough to earth to switch our poles around
>yeah I don't know, he doesn't read books too often
>he takes several weeks of vacation, which he can't afford, and spends 2k on a trailer, which he can't afford
>buys a bunch of canned food and drives into the mountains for a few weeks
>because the mountains will save him from teotwawki and the north and south pole switching electrical charges
>wish I was kidding
>still has the trailer, this was 4 or 5 years ago
>trailer is full of his shit
>by the way, he's an impulse shopper and a veritable hoarder
>he can't even park it on his property, has it on a relative's land

Upstate New York or Boston

>grandmother
>senile, refuses to give up her house and move to a home
>one day some guys sell her a new roof despite her roof being perfectly fine
>pays them 15k for some reason, doesn't tell anyone, this is all the money she has
>can't afford mortgage or bills
>shit gets shut off, dad finds out like 6 months after the fact, helps her sell the place, she barely makes it out without still oweing
>(also underwater...refinancing or reverse mortgage or whatever, they don't bother asking the one college grad in the family for advice)
>gets shipped off to TN to live with a relative
>but wait, grandma is also a hoarder!
>an an animal hoarder on top of it, with over 20 cats!
>everything in house is trash and reeks cat
>can actually smell the cat stench from 100 yards away from the house
>her and her person also stink heavily of cat, yes, quite horribly so. I never hugged grandma much as a kid.
>hoarder problems, can't give up her shit despite having to share a 1 bd apartment with her daughter now (they share a bedroom)
>ships her yarn collection, which filled one and a half rooms of her house, to TN
>the one is in a small apartment, the other relative lives in a shit shack, can't find space, they rent storage unit
>spending $150 a month to store $100 worth of old cat-stenching yarn that she can't even access
>they can barely afford to eat

>my own grandmother
>inherits a small fortune, next of kin of late husband
>proceeds to all but spend all of it in a fruitless lawsuit
>spends it on trivial shit, new cars, boats, whatever
>have a very nice cottage, owned for generations by family
>could have not had to break our backs to keep it as our previous generations have had to do
>now we have to if we want to keep it

son of a motherfucking whore cunt slut.

Neither, friend. I'm not a masshole at least I can say. But wait, there's more.

>other side of family, aunt and uncle
>nice people, uncle makes 300k /year, aunt a nice chunk as well
>hear they are having money troubles, become intrigued
>live an extremely lavish lifestyle
>buy acupuncture and cornish hens for their dogs, not even kidding
>also give money to other members of the family, who begged for help with their mortgage and bills, despite living quite lavishly themselves
>anyway, nice people though, would give you the shirt off their back
>they saved nothing
>nothing at all
>their only investment was a condo that is now worth less than they bought it for
>because buying a condo is an investment...???
>uncle has stroke
>can't afford to retire
>illegally still working despite the stroke fucking his shit, age 70
>aunt also has medical problems
>they can't afford to quit their jobs
>still spend stupid amounts of money, live in a mansion, and drive the newest fanciest cars
>their lawyer son who cut all contact got uncle to sign rights to pay off his student loans (he still hasn't paid them despite being a successful NYC lawyer for over 20 years), has been paying this for a decade for him while his son runs around in designer suits eating at gastropubs and vacationing in Paris and Maui.
>family who were leeching off them have piano lessons in house for their kids, send their kids on overseas vacations, go on several vacations a year, and all live in giant quarter million dollar houses, driving ritzy new cars
>these people are schoolteachers and low end nurses, by the way, not even decent careers
>they're also hovering like vultures over my angel of a grandfather to steal his assets when he dies
>my mom lives dirt poor but she pays all her own expenses at least

New Jersey!

Era 2009...

>wife's family losing house(dad makes good money as an electrician, mom doesn't work)
>wife's sister lives with them and her husband as well
>husband is a veteran and gets a housing allowance of $1500/month to go to school.
>both of them work full time as well
>they all go to Disney world 4 times in 2009(4 days or more at a time)
>lose house, that had a $1200/mo mortgage payment, at the end of 2009
>now living in a 3 bed room 2 bath apartment complex paying $1600/mo...

Wtf.jpg

*has lived in same apartment since 2010

>bought iphone 6 plus
>bought a macbook
>spends money on phone accessories
>relies on rich granddad for money
>doesn't have a bank account
>25 years old, will be 26 in november
>no technical skills, kicked our from school and had to transfer to another, only to graduate in a course that i didn't like for the sake of diploma
>kicked out from 1st job because too much of a sperg who cannot communicate properly

im fucked, arent i

Nah, this screams rural Pennsylvania or maybe Maine.

Another one...

>my mother got about $40k from BP oil spill(lost her job)
>was in about $40k of debt(credits cards, car loan)
>spends it on clothes and vacations over the course of a year
>still in $40k debt

>bp oil spill
>northeast coast

Two different people posting...

>Couple are getting married
>So each take out a £7000 personal loan to fund their wedding
>They then spend the money on stuff
>So they borrow money from family and get more loans

This thread makes me feel good about myself. I'm sure I have relatives that could be mentioned, but I don't associate with the trash portion of my family.

>my parents
>pay 800/month on phone contracy wr cant leave
>pay 1800 a month in rent on a shit house we live in because we need a higher credit score to start a mortgage on the house
Rofl

my parents cosigning my brother's $175k student loan

Are your parents stupid?

Also, wtf? 175k?

>grandma and grandpa are deeply religious
>swear off of alcohol and most the vices except consumerism
>they have been believing since the 60s that the rapture/ apocalypse is right around the corner
>despite the impending doom they get decent jobs and my dad lives a decent life growing up
>Florida every year for march break etc
>no concept of saving really takes priority for them because "Jesus is coming back tomorrow"
>when I'm born they decide to retire because they want to spend time with me before the rapture lol
>few years later grandma decides grandpa is going to die soon and she doesn't want to live in their nice suburban house by her self (he died 8 years later)
>2007 crash hits and they decide to sell house for 50% of its value
>move into a condo and pay 2k a month in rent
>buy a new trailer to tow down south during winter
>trailer requires a truck to tow it so they finance a special edition model
> buy extra car for grandma that she almost never uses
>live there half the year
>get invested in pyramid schemes
> this is when you could buy a house in Florida for 60k with a fenced in pool
>"oh we don't need that, Jesus is coming back"
>fast forward today gramps died and grandma has run out of money
> 40k trailer they bought is worth 6k
>trailer was the only asset left
>only income left is minor amount from government
>dad, aunt and uncle have to play EU and attach minor austerity measures on her because they now have to give her money so she won't starve or be evicted
>still help her with apartment and car though, she lives a respectful life but not one with extras anymore

Sad story but good life lesson. You should always save and if you are buying something always get an appreciating asset. Don't buy a fucking trailer !

Read business books and watch/ study social people it had trouble socializing in high school but now I can often read people by watching their body langauge

>they all go to Disney world 4 times in 2009

Blows my mind. You can take a vacation...but why do you choose one of the most expensive vacations? And why so many? At least the house belongs to someone more deserving now.

Fucking priorities.

>800/month on phone

My phone is $20/month. What the fuck do some people do...

Can't even feel bad for people like that. What a trainwreck.

>father has been dating a bitch on and off for 15 years, knew her in high school, feels he has to "save her"
>literally a crack whore. Has sex with men in exchange for crack cocaine.
>says she's "staying late at her job", or, "on the way." Takes hours, dad knows she's out whoring
>she was also a cunt to me growing up, dad didn't do shit about it, I had to put her in her place a few times to protect myself
>anyway, find out cunt moved back in about a year ago
>relationship like ever still tumultuous
>crack whore dipped into meth, has meth mouth now, also had partial stroke, half of face drooping
>that's what drug's'll do ya
>throughout the years that 30k credit card debt I mentioned, she was the one racking it up
>he actually gave her his card to use, didn't bother checking the statements, wanted to "trust her"
>also a couple cruises and ski trips on there. What's with poor people and vacations they can't afford? Just do a daytrip to the beach
>so his credit is fubar for life
>he's decided to "kick her out" this time, really guys this time for real
>still there 6 months later, says to me she's "on the way out". Okay.
>she wrecked her vehicle driving like a shitstain
>he takes her to buy a new one
>she chooses a $15,000 after trade in for her wheeled scrapmetal (supposed worth $5k). Car retains $18,000 new
>dad points out she's getting screwed, could buy it brand new for less. 15+5 > 18
>she starts mouthing off saying she can do whatever she wants and it's her car, her choice, getting quite belligerent
>he walks away
>she works for 10/hr at a shitty job because no skills, keeps getting fired from jobs
>now has a huge car note she can't afford
>"can't afford rent", still staying with dad
>he asks her to pay $300 a month rent, which just covers food and utilities, she refuses
>oh, he also trusted her to pay some of the bills in the past...she didn't, and said she did. credit really fucked, now behind on several bills
>I can't even be mad because this is what he chose

This kind of sounds like mental illness man. My mother is similar and she has bipolar disorder.

He's studying how to cure cancer with AIDS

I got something subtle...

>dating gf
>Gf a psych major
>gf wants PhD and Masters
>taking out loans

>h..h..help me Veeky Forums

Meh, pussy too good but never gonna marry her

>mental illness

Is The Dumb a mental illness? Because he sure as hell has that. But no desu I think he has depression. Not my place to tell him what to do with his life...I'm in the camp of if you got a problem, shut up and fix it. Most of his issues are of his own making. I've also tried explaining that in order to downsize from a 3 bedroom house with full attic and basement, down to a trailer, which he has been wanting to do for years but hasn't actually done, he has to go through and get rid of most of his shit, 90% of which is absolute garbage. He don't want my advice.

Well mate, she's doing her, I think you're the one who is being dumb in this situation. Every minute you spend with her is one minute you aren't spending with a potential wife.

haha good luck.

My I've never met anyone with a psych degree that was successful without life experience and a niche.

I mean c'mon. you're 22-25 fresh out of college and you want to talk to me about my problems. No thanks.

The one guy was a cop for 20 years, got a psych degree, shrinks cops.

>wtf 175k
that's way cheaper than your average M.D.

>My I've never met anyone with a psych degree that was successful without life experience and a niche.

Psyche undergrad degrees are prep degrees for grad school for real careers like therapists, counselors, or in my case a business analyst.

Most psyche majors think all they need is their 4-year and they're set but end up at Starbucks because they didn't follow through.

>Every minute you spend with her is one minute you aren't spending with a potential wife.

This

My grandparents ignored my dad's advice until the recession happened, and lost a fuckload of money.

I tried to turn a hoe (single mom AND a stripper) into a housewife.

details?

Gib story

>Grandma uses tax preparer for her taxes
>taxable income of like $19,000 a year due to widowers pension and super low cost of living area
>was paying property taxes on her house, like $2,000 for a $70,000 house
>was suspicious since old poor people don't pay taxes
>did about 10 minutes of research and find that she shouldn't pay any property taxes

Like put a little effort into this people

>5 years into the "marriage" I get a decent oil field job a thousand miles away from home
>I would be gone for weeks, sometimes months at a time
>While daddy was away, mommy would play
>I had suspicions but no real proof of her fuckery
>fast forward 3.5 years
>I can buy a barrel of oil for less than it would cost to fill my tank
>masslayoffs.jpg
>I'm home all the time now
>She can no longer hide her bullshit from me
>Things get real bad real fast
>I grab what few things I call my own and leave
>She eventually burned bridges with almost every mutual friend we had
>These friends tell me she was a meth addict and a pedophile
>inevitabledivorceensues.png
>I have full custody of the two children we had together (both girls)
>She loses her car and is eventually evicted
>She has to live at her (now 18 years old) boyfriends friends place or go to a women's shelter to avoid sleeping under a bridge
Everyone of my friends told me she was bad news but I was too hypnotized by her huge fake tits to listen. At least her nonsense won't rub off on my kids. I'm encouraging them to become entrepreneurs.

I know people who...
>I got $1,000 in savings account, $1200 in checking I can finally start saving money to build a better future
>Rent is $600+food/utilities
>Time to drop $500 on an xbox1
>$400 worth of clothes, woo!
>$200 worth of TV shows on blu-ray
>Might as well ring up some $30-40 bar tabs 3 nights a week
>#420blazeit for $80-150
>Man I don't have enough for rent, I can't live off what I make ($17 an hour)
>The system is broken.
>Sanders2016

Basically.

boohoo, you have to work to ensure you have a nice thing

I was following until you said giant quarter million dollar houses
where is this, where 250 grand buys a mansion?

>and all live in giant quarter million dollar houses
>$250,000 house
>expensive

lol

>one day some guys sell her a new roof despite her roof being perfectly fine
>pays them 15k for some reason, doesn't tell anyone, this is all the money she has
Was this a door to door salesperson? To be honest I'd probably hurt them badly if they did that to my grandmother.

Taking advice from Veeky Forums

>an old lady doesnt invest into other peoples futures
Sounds like a cool fun lady. Also sounds like youre a spoiled fucking wank

>girl friend
>decided to start uni at 26
>it's free here and you even get free money to eat and live
>except if you drop out for no reason
>decides political science courses aren't leftist enough after 3 years
>quits uni so that means she has to give back 57k
>buys a minivan with the little she had left
>now 30, 60k debt and no qualification
>blames government and rich people

>my uncle
>left to the USA at 19 to study and live the american dream
>got to 120k in student debt
>marry and has 2 kids with a woman that also has 100k+ debt
>finally both get a really good job
>him has a nice place in Alberta's oil fields, she becomes principal in a Montessori school
>they manage to spend everything of the 25k+ a month they earn
>10 years later they both lose jobs because of conjoncture
>still didn't pay their student debts 20 years after finishing
>now building more debts

If you don't marry her you're all good, just enjoy it for now

damn

Man, I feel good about myself right now.

My worst financial mistake? Other than not investing when I turned 18

>Two weeks ago
>Though TSLA stock would continue to rise one more day.
>Ended up with a much smaller profit that I could have had if I quit at the right time

nj

Worst decision I've made:
Rent an apartment for six years, throwing 50 000$ out the window.

Best decision I've made:
Bought a cabin for 25k 15 min way from my uni. No neighbours, my own private forest, no longer have to pay rent to asshole landlords. Being friends with carpenters and electricians made the cabin having just as high standard as the apartments I've been renting. Never realized how good it feels to own your own land before now.

More

My friends younger brother. This annoys me everyday.

>4 years ago
>they come from a poor family, his mum works hard to keep three boys fed, clothed and sheltered
>no dad in the picture
>He's 15, fucking around in the funky forest (kids play area in a pub restaurant)
>tries to jump through a glass window for shits and giggles
>glass obviously breaks and slices right down his tricep
>almost dies, loses alot of blood and is in hospital for months
>another year of physiotherapy
>his family sues the pub as having glass windows is considered 'unsafe'
>they win in court, awarded £30k for when he turns 18 in a year.
>i talk to him a few weeks beforehand, telling him he has been given a chance to get out of his situation and how he has been given a second chance
>i tell him to buy a suit and a shit car. pass his driving test and pay for insurance. keep the rest for a deposit on a house once he has got himself a reasonable job.
>he says he will be sensible with the money

>when he gets his big paycheck he gives £5k to his mum, which i can understand
>starts buying expensive trainers and going clubbing most nights of the week
>buys lots of drugs, mostly coke and weed,
>makes lots of 'cool friends' who he buys drinks and shares coke with

>funniest part is his dealer asks to 'borrow' £2k to buy more coke he can sell for bigger profit and move up.
>dealer gets busted, never heard from him again. i think he got a few years in a young offenders institute

>he burns through all £30k in 7 months. His brother keeps me updated
>still unemployed, still not driving or owning a car. no suit to be found.
>all his fake friends dont speak to him anymore now he cant afford to buy them stuff
>he steals my phone whilst we are both at a mutual friends house
>call him out on it and he confides in me that he should have listened to me. how he wasted his only opportunity of making it off the council estate where we both grew up.

(1/2)

(2/2)

>he gets emotional and starts crying about how he fucked his life up really puts on a show, he should have had leo's oscar
>tell him its none of my fucking business and where is my phone
>he sold it for the coke that he was carrying with him.
>offers me the coke as consolation
>take the baggy and empty it out of the window
>cries harder and gets angry and confrontational, he thought i was going to offer him a line and have one for me
>leaves in tears
>catch up with his brother for the next few hours and he tells me about the shit he got up to whilst he was "flossing" (slag for rich)

this is probably the biggest fuck up possible really. he was handed a real second chance to improve his life after almost dying for £30k and he sniffed it all away. I feel sorry for him as he showed genuine remorse about the whole thing

He's still unemployed though and still smokes weed. His mum kicked him out and now he is living with a hamplanet who was given a council house because she is able to reproduce.

Glad i got out of that shithole.

>his family sues the pub as having glass windows is considered 'unsafe'
>they win in court, awarded £30k for when he turns 18 in a year.

This is the only part that makes me angry. The rest is just about an idiot getting what he deserves.

I find it retarded that you can sue a business for purposely hurting yourself.

It wasnt really on purpose. he was just a dumb teenager fucking about in a childrens play area.

if you want to be more angry. the pub a family run thing for years and was shut down around 6 months later. the building was bought by a pub chain called the flaming grill. you can google it, its in lumbertubs northampton if you care enough.

I think the two are related. i could never confirm but if he bankrupted a family run business that i could remember from my childhood 30 odd years ago i would be even more furious.

Holy shit all this debt stories.
Wanted to save for a new car and put all my debts for another 5 months (5k) but fuck i'm gonna pay asap the shit out of it

Most of the "tax preparers", if you don't go to an actual accounting firm but go to poorfagland like H+R block, they hire people straight out of high school. "no experience necessary." I'm not surprised. Remember: Not only do you get what you pay for, but accountant fees are tax deductible anyway. There is literally no reason not to hire an actual accountant instead of a high school babby from the local shopping mall.

>brother and his wife tired of working for the man, start their own business
>selling a niche item (organic certain-type-of-food) (privacy concerns)
>we live in an economically depressed county, no one has money for that shit
>tell them as much
>they say muh organic, muh ideals, muh dream, refuse to sell regular version as well
>leave them to it, I said my bit
>business is slow, but it's a seasonal business and this is their peak season
>they think everything is fine
>I'm waiting for off-season to hit and they realize rent + no sales = dead
>tax time
>advise them to hire an actual accountant because there are a lot of startup deductions they could get, such as 5,000 immediate deduction, and capitalizing and depreciating such things is tricky
>they hire some woman she knows who can run quickbooks on a computer, never had any sort of tax training in her life
>obviously she misses everything and they don't get much in way of deductions, she just does the basic standard deduction and personal exemption bullshit
>tried to tell them spending a hundred extra bux on a real professional would be worth several thousand dollars in savings
>but they don't listen
>they still don't have the certification for their business that will allow them to have something to sell the rest of the year
>they're running out of shit to sell
>rent still due
>even in good months, rent was 30% of their earnings...before expenses
>waiting for it to belly up

I really don't understand why people have such a hard time taking advice.

My area. I have no reason to lie on the internet, friend.

If you can call a scam a salesperson. It's been known to happen...they prey on the elderly. I don't get why old people don't sell their fucking house and go to a community home where they'll be safe from this shit and have friends around. Stubborn old fools.

ITT: Getting into debt and buying depreciating assents.

>they win in court,

What next? Having floors is unsafe because a tard can toss himself down headfirst onto the floor and get a boo-boo? Show me one building without a glass window.

>england

Why am I not surprised?

>starts buying expensive trainers and going clubbing most nights of the week
>he burns through all £30k in 7 months.

Well, what did you expect from a retard who threw himself through a glass window and expected nothing to happen?

>if he bankrupted a family run business

If?

>fine for 30 years
>get fuckwad suing them for hurting himself on purpose, why wasn't their glass made out of cottonballs waaaahhhh
>close shop half a year later

You think that's coincidence? I'm pretty mad desu. Poor people fucking their own lives is one thing, but suing innocent people and ruining their livelihoods? Why didn't you deck that little twat? And what the fuck is wrong with your court system? Fucking lawyers perverting justice.

>thinking of buying a new car when you're still in debt

Nigga what?

>rent
>earning

what?

They earn x from selling shit
They pay rent, which is about (3/10)x

Go have your coffee, dude.

You could just say it's y% of their expenses. And even that doesn't tell me much about their profitability.
I get the gist of the deal though, they're clueless.
Cheers.

>Poland
>flatmate's mother
>MSc in economics from a shitty university
>divorced, my buddy barely knows his father
>she actually had a decent paying job at Ecco Poland doing some shit in sales dept.
>nice comfy flat
>decides to marry an Ukrainian ex-boxer who fled from his country because he was afraid of being prosecuted
>gets pregnant
>the Ukrainian guy is an """"enterpreneur""""
>fast forward 5 years
>he keeps abusing the family
>they get divorced, she has to pay him in order to keep her flat
>the Ukrainian guy gets in trouble with the law, fucks off back to Ukraine
>a few months pass
>she meets another """"enterpreneur"""" who owns a little construction company
>gets pregnant immediately
>turns out he's an alcoholic
>she doesn't care, quits her job, sells her flat
>they both decide to move to Warsaw
>she's now ready to fulfil her dream of being an interior architect
>b-but she also dreamed of living in Masuria
>2009, shit hits the fan in Europe
cont.

>they sell their brand new flat for a friction of what they paid a couple of months ago
>they buy a house and move to a literal shithole in Masuria, not even by any lake (lakes are what people go to Masuria for btw)
>but they kept driving to Warsaw everyday with 2 cars, 245 km one way
>the construction companies go bankrupt one after the other
>the """"enterpreneur"""" loses the rest of the cash they had and goes full alcoholic
>beats the shit out of her
>yet again she was the one to pay during the divorce despite raising 2 kids (my buddy is adult)
>she moves back to her parents (decent, educated, somewhat traditional people)
>my buddy drops out of university
>she tells my buddy to conceal it from her parents in order for them to financially help my buddy
>my buddy goes to work and keeps sending the cash back to his mother
>he says he feels like shit doing that but that's what she tells him to (he idolises her because it was his single parent)
cont.

>she used the rest of the cash she had after monetizing the house in shithole to buy herself a brand new Fiat 500
>sends one of her kids to a private schools (in Poland generally the private schools are better than the shitty public ones but worse than the prestigious public ones) despite he could've easily gone to a decent public one
>she spends all what she earns as a self-proclaimed interior architect on branded clothes and keeps posting them on her facebook page
pic related is her new bf

was in warsaw recently, too many Ukrainians..

Most of them are either very decent folks or absolute scumbags. But I generally don't mind them. They adapt quickly, are good workers and the qts are top-notch.

yeah i'd give you that about the girls.. from the UK and we have all the villagers from poland coming to where I live, they are pushing up rent prices.

Do you work for one on the many big corporations that have moved to Warsaw and possibly more might be in the event of a brexit.

Yeah, given the "quality" of Polish immigrants, I really think the opinion about Poland is not THAT bad. I mean, if it wasn't for the demographics, Poland would be much better off without these subhumans.

I work for PwC, who would be here regardless of anything.

>brother and g/f announce theyre engaged
>they live check to check, no savings at all
>they move in with her parents to save up 10K for a wedding
>year later theyre married
>now they want house but just spent all their money on wedding
>gift from now sister-in-laws father to them; 3K in savings bonds he cashes in
>no kids but they decide to buy 5 bed, 3 bath mcmansion (as much as they qualified for) and use 3K for closing costs, have seller cover the rest.. so effectively 0% down
>two years later brother crying how broke they are, costs of living, everything is unfair, economy is rigged against us etc.
>i show him how to live on a written budget, set goals etc
>four months later he calls, wants to stop by - rolls up in a brand new car "hey thanks for the advice bro, check out what I got with the money I saved!" .. brand new 2015 leased car with a 4 year lease. His wife got one also.
>previously they had two perfectly running used cars they owned outright
>"w-well her car needed a starter. plus brake pads! mine was just getting old. its a safety thing, ya know? older cars just arent safe. besides, this has a warranty!"
>year passes
>see brother and his wife, crying poor again - appliances breaking apparently
>I stop over their house a few weeks later, notice appliances and said "hey, why didnt you just buy a dryer only? thats all that broke right?"
>w-well, yeah, but it was cheaper to buy them as a set. instead of $500 for just a dryer it was cheaper to get washer and dryer combo for $2100"
>his wife goes "plus the colors match!" ...
>hey, what about the fridge? why not just get like a basic $450 fridge/freezer combo while you guys are weathering the storm so to speak?
>"w-well.. we needed an ice maker and water filter combo fridge. we drink a lot of water! its okay though, it was only $2300, scratch and dent model!! we saved so much once you factor not buying bottled water!"

it goes on and on.. thank god i only see them on holidays. i cant relate.

Strange thing is I saw (was there yesterday) some Italians come into a bar asking for work.. never knew the economic situation was that dire there.

Those fucks keep coming to Warsaw along with the Spanish and Portuguese.
I've been to a couple of countries and 2bh the standard of living for a single, educated person is not much lower than in major cities to the West. The pay is lower of course but the purchasing power ain't that different. Given the 3% unemployment in Warsaw, I'm not suprised they keep coming here. Fortunately, the majority of businesses here have no use for them.

>>but they kept driving to Warsaw everyday with 2 cars, 245 km one way

That's fucking retarded.

>knew a friend of a friend, shitty backyard high school dropout mechanic
>decides to drive 300 miles each way 3x a week to go to auto tech school
>plenty of auto schools locally... no idea why he chose one that far
>he drops out less than a month in, but not before racking up some expense and debt
>probably killed his car, too

Gotta wonder what goes through the minds of some people. Also, a 50 mile stretch of that was extremely heavy traffic, not uncommonly bumper to bumper. So not even nice open rural roads. Floors me what some people decide to do.

That whole sequence was nuts, dude. She has mental issues.

I prefer warsaw to where I live currently.. it's a mish mash of all ethnicities and I'm not that materialistic but I'm only an cs undergrad with one years experience and my polish is and probably will never be at a professional level and I noticed that apartment prices have shot up there..incredibly over priced probably better value renting/buying some where in the neighbouring districts like wolomin. If only my father used his brain and bought up property after 89'

any chance you got a throwaway email?

>5 bed, 3 bath mcmansion

What would they even do with it? I don't understand. Take a shit in a different bathroom every day? Well, I suppose people like that keep the economy rolling...

>tfw my dad got a bachelors in psychology
>tfw he's been working the same insurance job for 15 years because he never got his masters

>If only my father used his brain and bought up property after 89'
I know a guy who worked in real estate for some time, he says the prices "will slump in a moment" every time I meet him. They are fucked up just like everywhere else m8.

>throwaway email
I forgot the password, but I'll make one in a sec.

[email protected]

This thread is like a trainwreck and I can't stop scrolling. I know understand the mindset that liberals have in regard to their economic situation. No wonder credit institutions make big money.

I hope you never let her near them, goddamn

>actually mesmerized by fake tits

Ya blew it

>glass windows is considered 'unsafe'
Almost all business are required to use tempered glass for this reason. Especially in childrens areas. The pub owner was actually probably breaking a law.

Source: i'm a glazier but in America so the laws my be different... but you guys are usually much more strict than we are about this kind of stuff

Thats in the top 10% range...

emailed you

>be 18
>first job as a bank teller at hometown bank
>really great job: good pay, easy work, consistent hours
>could have easily gotten huge savings there if I knew how to not spend money like a retard
>get fired because retard and get all depressed
>decide to move to FL and live with friend at his parents house
>spend my measly savings getting there, work another bank job and once again blow every check
>move back to home state 6 months later because oneitis girl finally wanted me
>spend even more money moving back
>she changed her mind again
>back in home state with $100 to my name and no job, living with mom
>be NEET for months until shit job merchandising for walmart before I finally realized how retarded I had been

that was several years ago and I'm still suffering lol

Of the planet maybe

this is basically all the kids that I went to high school with that ended up staying in town

not sure if this is a small, mid-west town thing but it sure seems like it

Bitches man. Bitches.

CHECK EM

I was the bitch for being so stupid. But she got preggers by a Tinder dude and married him the next year lel.

happens in the south too. staying in your hometown with no prospects will NEVER end well

Are you citing a the stripper storyline from the big short

if you rely on market timing to make money you're a trader, not an investor. trading can lead to a lot of financial mistakes