Flecktarn parka dyeing

I fell for the meme and ordered a German flecktarn parka. I know there was a big thread on this a while back, but i have some questions about dyeing.

What kind, and how much dye should i use to get it to look like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B0091UNGRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LUVS046/ref=pd_aw_fbt_468_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VKW810D3ENGQX5WQDZN2
varusteleka.com/en/product/bw-parka-flecktarn-surplus/1155?qref=bw-parka
kommandostore.com/german-bundeswehr-flecktarn-parka/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What kind, and how much dye should i use to get it to look like pic related?
look in the archive fag.

2 dylon packs of machine wash. although i would maybe go with 1 and a half packs because mine turned out a little darker than OP by using 2 packs

Ctrl+f doesnt work on mobile and im too lazy to scroll.
Thanks m8

Could I pull this off using rit dye?

i'll see you mine if you're stateside. running out of room in my closet and i don't wear it enough. it's dyed

sell

Different user here, I'm also waiting for a meme parka in the mail, were the packs you used the 350g ones?

What size?

these
amazon.com/gp/product/B0091UNGRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fell for the même too and only used one pack of dye, might have to do a second run or maybe keep it that way I dunno

heard that shit jus turns it blue

Thanks!
Still unsure how I should dye mine, or if I even will.

ask yourself
is the trend worth it?

We shall see

can confirm this, used about 1 3/4 packs and it turned out just like the pic

here
I used the 350g ones

depends on the % of cotton and how black do you want it. I dyed my 65% cotton one as in OP pic with 2 packs of simplicol back to black.

Would be willing to sell dyed parka if anyone wants to buy. Can't remember exact bw size but I am 5'8 and it fits me a little baggy, basically how OP's pic is
If anyone is interested shoot me some offers, I can take some pictures later as it's at my other place

What is your chest size

german army clothes aren't about higth, but also how wide the chest is. The should be a number between 6 and 15 (?) inside.

where to buy parka

I used one dye pack too. I kinda like it this way desu

not same guy, but bumping for interest. I used rit dye on a camo balaclava and it turned out similarily, but that was a fleece type material and much less of it. Just ordered a memetarn last night.

>anyone have experience with rit dye for this project?

I think someone in one of the recent archived threads used it and advised against it. Dylon looks like the simplest way to do it.

>Dyeing the flag

If you fags are going to steal my epic /k/ meme jacket at least have some god damn respect.

Kommandostore.com

i believe i'm 95cm but as I say, it fits pretty big and the sleeves are wide so it's no where near sitting close

It's supposed to be that way. The german army hands out another padded jacket with the parka, that goes under the parka. The parka itself isn't that warm and isn't padded, so this jacket has to fit under it. Maybe even a bulletproof vest in addition to that. So your parka is probably exactly your size.

You are like 6 types of fucking idiot

Not sure if can pull it off of with that color, might post some shitty fit tomorrow for some advice

shoes id fag

Anyone have any more inspo? This is all I have
Also will Rit get this color?

Anyone dye any other camo jackets? I was thinking of buying a woodland M65 and dying that black.

w2c?

check the the archive, iirc some had trouble with rit. dylon is better.

I wanna dye some milsurp lavender, if I tried a fleck bdu with Dylon would it actually come out lavender or be a muddy ugly color

wat archive

How'd I do?

we had two good threads last month (thanks for everybody keeping them alive / topical
warosu

can confirm; rit is a pain in the ass, go with dylon

Nice place my dude.
Also nice jacket.

where sweater get

more interested in your house
looks /comfy/, post pics

the archive only goes back 7 days. Is there a separate one like /mu/ has? excuse me, im an idiot

Not sure but id love to see it if you try it out

kek

does anyone have a sizing chart for these

i did this shit a couple years ago pls don't make it a meme

are yall just getting these are military surplus stores or what? like whats the best quality buy

What jeans?

I fell for the meme too but my coat is oversized. Ia it still acceptable if it almost touches your knees?

I bought a parka for the first time? Any tips one wearing it? It's not a fish tail though.

>Ctrl+f doesnt work

You don't need a keyboard Y.o.u f.u.c.k.i.n.g n.e.w.f.a.g

what's the point of wanting to dye this completely?
IMO the meme was getting some subtle camo pattern after dying.

kommandostore
Think it's owned by a guy on k

ID?

Here's a picture of what it looks like

Find in page, fuccboi

Gr 8 which I think, which is like a medium in chest and length. I'll put it on grailed if anyone is interested, I'm moving into a smaller place soon and I won't be able to store a dozen jackets like I am now.

interested, hit us up with that link once you do user

Holy shit, you're a fag

>no parkas below gr6
RESTOCK YOUR SHIT, IVAN

Can confirm. Bought from Ivan a few times. ALWAYS get IVAN'S nuts when you checkout.

Mine turned out pitchblack with only one package of dylon.
Luckily I have a shop in walking distance that sells them dirt cheap.
I want to patch mine up, tho, and shipping to germany is insanely expensive - anybody know any good german shops for patches?

>respecting a flag
Heh. I replaced mine, actually. And I am german, myself.

Is this a fashion thing? I'm a kissless virgin robot and have been rocking one of these for years, guess I'm ahead of the curve :^)

>And I am german, myself.

Ahmed please go.

Someone rec me some reasonably priced boots to go with this jacket

I´m literally as aryan as it gets.
At least in Hitlers definition of an aryan.

iirc they're austrian paratrooper boots

USGI Jungleboot. $30 you can't go wrong mfer.
get lace in zips
g e t g o o d
e
t
g
o
o
d

Forgive my ignorance but what are the sizes like for these things. I'm about 5'10", 140lbs so pretty thin.

> 5'10", 140lbs
>thin
lol

I'm 5'11 and 130lb and GR12 fits me perfectly, although I have very broad shoulders and a very narrow waist

I'm 184cm/85 kilos, broad shoulders (i'm Veeky Forums). Would a gr.12 do the trick mate?

if you buy them for 30 theyl fall apart within a month

what did you replace it with? if put another flag on where did you find flags in the right size?

Sorry kommandostore but i was looking to buy from amazon, this seller/jacket look fine?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LUVS046/ref=pd_aw_fbt_468_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VKW810D3ENGQX5WQDZN2

how do you not dye the flag? how did you keep it intact?

They were big on Veeky Forums about 4 years ago

not him but I would imagine putting some duct tape/other waterproof tape over the flag would keep if from getting dyed.

2 expensive i got it for like 20 bucks

You unsew it, then sew it back on.

Same here op fell for the meme. it came out pretty good but i'm too small can can't pull it off. i'll post pics later

Plenty of them for a decent price here

Tried to dye mine twice using some cheap brand and only got a dark brownish taint but with is fine but I'd prefer going full black
If I use pic related will I archive it or am I stuck with a dark camo?

Also there are other blacks and quantities which one would be the best?

Stop posting without your name on Ivan.

Hey Ivan are your nuts any good? I might actually get some even if Chernobyl left them with a funny aftertaste.

Post a fit, Ahmed.

That patch over the whole shoulder and the flag of Rohan replacing the flag on the other site. it´s too big, sadly, but looks fine nontheless.

I don´t post fits, I just get some inspo on here.
Also not Ahmed. Fucked a syrian girl for a while, tho, so there´s that. Not a refugee, because that would tick you autists off.

Can the parka be effay without dying it black?

I saw a guy wearing one at an ATM two days ago
Didn't look good

It can,but it´s hard to pull off. Before I dyed mine, I wore it over a suit from time to time when I had to wear one and didn´t want to look like a banker - it worked due to the contrast, but I was never really happy with it.

tfw i bought a flecktarn from our guy ivan to dye black but it actually looks great irl and i'm not sure if i even want to dye it anymore

might buy a second desu but i'm not sure i'll ever actually wear it (camo pattern is a lot bolder than the usual boring minimal desaturated black/white/gray/blue/khaki palette i usually use)

I have the same problem
I have one and i wear it every now and then so i feel like im getting my moneys worth but im never thrilled with how i look. Thankfully it was 20 bucks but just be careful

same it looks so good...

Where can I buy one? Is there a significant difference between Amazon ones and others?

kommandostore.com/german-bundeswehr-flecktarn-parka/
amazon is just more expensive than these, there isn't any difference in the product as far as I know

ah nice.