What your opinion on iron rangers ?

Is it worth the money ? Does it look good ?

Other urls found in this thread:

weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overpriced and overrated

I just received them and they look really good & leather, sole etc seems to be pretty amazing.

Why is it overpriced and overrated in your opinions ?

Too chunky to wear with my fucboi skinny jeans

Dont like em. Don't really look that good. Rarely i see them worn well. Also kind of clonwshoe tier

>sole seems to be pretty amazing
Sole is absolute shit tier and expect to resole after 3-4 seasons of all day/every day wear. It's the quickest I've ever had to resole any pair of shoes I ever had. Picture related.

Look wise they age pretty past, however other than they sole they hold up and look great. The leather is among the best I've ever seen. I've had mine for 4 years now, only wearing them in autumn/winter semi-regularly, only street wear. I've never had any problems with wet toes and I've worn them through heavy rain and snow, all though not excessively.

They're great overall if you accept them as a fashion item that's not meant to be worn regularly, instead of using them as your daily beaters.

Veeky Forums hates them because they're popular on reddit, that you should know right now.

+ It looks good, it's made of great materials, it's very well constructed.

- The sole is shit, I've heard of a lot of people who have ruined them over a very short period of time (relative to price) because they used it as their main shoe and didn't cycle it with another (especially if your feet tend to sweat) which is total bullshit.

But w/e it is, I doubt I'd ever spend full price on them, $320 is way too much. I got a pair 2nd hand and it was a pretty fair deal at $150.

>Veeky Forums hates them because they're popular on reddit, that you should know right now.
Nah, the reason Veeky Forums doesn't like them anymore is simply because they're out of style now. IR's and 1000M's were spammed here all the time in the 2011 season.

r/malefashionadvice just never moved on from dadcore, so they remain popular there, that's all.

is there anything better than those?

>new rangers have tread
holy shit, they might actually not be useless this time around

It's a slim, low profile boot and the only truly notable thing about it is the leather cap - which makes it fairly timeless imo - I see very similar boots posted here constantly in boot threads, no one cares when it's another brand.

>spammed here all the time in the 2011 season.
Do you really think most people shitposting about RWs have been here since 2011?

clown shoes

You're right, geobaskets 4 lyfe

those are fucking terrible as well.

Well, OP here and i don't know what to do know.
I kind of like them but i also find them a bit overpriced.
Should i send them back and keep my money, should i keep them ? I fucking don't know anymore.

They changed the soles to Vibram soles this year though.

It boils down to what you want from them -
if you're looking for sturdy leather shoes to use as your main boots, daily wear and especially if weather gets snowy/icy where you live - send them back.

If you like them for how they look and don't mind paying the sum for good quality fashion boots, keep em.

I just want to use them everyday to walk in the city and at work.
I want to use them under the rain, not in the snow as i know that it will ruin them.
I just want boots, better than Dr Martens and Timberland.
I still have the feeling that i paid too much for them (320 usd)

muh Veeky Forums so much bettar than le reddit amirite

Grow up.

That's my point. Times change and what 20 year olds wanted to wear in 2011 is not the same thing what 20 year olds want to wear today. Styles/trends change too.

You're right that they're basic and classic and thus always have their fans, but it's my impression that they're significantly less popular here than they were back then and you can explain that without falling back on the reddit boogeyman.

Think that flew over your head boyo

Thurgood is the best boot I've fd with in terms of all things unrelated to fashion
weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootid=1
200 bucks

are you into american workwear in general? these go well with raw denim and lumberjack beards - if that isnt yourlook id return em

Pretty much this.

They can fit in many different wardrobes, but they'll also look really out of place in others. It comes down to how you dress.

IMO the quality is very good for the price point. There are better boots out there, and there are definitely worse. Leather quality and construction are good, it'll age well if you take the time to occasionally clean and condition them. Soles are meh, but I've had to resole literally any boot I've worn day in day out for over a year. It's not a detractor, that's just the norm. I'd resole them with commando/lug soles when you have the chance. It'll improve grip in wet and slippery conditions, along with if you have to cross any mud or whatever.

played out

The tread on Iron rangers kind of sucks. Also how about these? I just got them.

Viberg

Just got the new ones (with Vibram sole) in oxblood like 3 weeks ago. It just started to get kinda icey here in Ontario and I haven't even felt the start of a slip yet. I've been wearing them 4 times a week and the leather, which feels high end as expected, seems to be wearing in alright. These are my first redwings so I'm in no position to compare them to the old model or any other boots by redwing, just wanted to give my limited feedback.

P
O
L
I
C
E

B
O
O
T
S

I prefer Iron Rangers.

they're okay. I got a pair of black brogue rangers as a gift. Wear them alot.

The would be much better if it weren't for that bulbous toe.

They don't stay bulbous if you wear them a lot.

B U L B O U S
U
L
B
O
U
S

I live in Vancouver and wear these things almost daily when it isn't summer. I've had mine for close to 3 years and have never had an issue with the soles. Even if they are a problem Red Wing will resole it for free.

You know what im an idiot, you have to pay for that shit. either way, my soles are fine yours arent haha

That's great. I'm happy for you.

Do you walk funny, like drag your feet? I've worn mine pretty much daily for 2 years now and the soles have held up great

Nice man. I heard they don't really hold up too well in the winter and wet weather. Is that true?

Haven't had 'em that long, so it's a little too soon to tell. So far they look almost brand new despite going through ankle deep snow a few times. I brush/wipe down when I get back home, I think that helps. Like with any leather product you have to take necessary precautions if you want them to last. Things like regular cleaning and conditioning go a long way.

Okay OP, I'm just gonna sell this to you straight. Objectively speaking, the boots are just about where a boot of their quality should be price wise. They used to be a bit cheaper a few years ago, and were considered some the best bang for your buck boots when it came to quality and aesthetics. They beat out everything in their class besides Alden's, White's, that sort of thing. Everyone here that's attacking the quality of craftsmanship, durability, whatever is selling you a bigger meme than anything.

As for aesthetics, you have to remember who you're talking to when you go on Veeky Forums. The average age on here skews younger than most other fashion boards on the internet. It's a fickle place. It's a good looking boot, but it's not a boundary pushing boot. It's a relaxed, non aggressive boot that looks better with a more down to earth and relaxed look. Subdued colors, soft textures, thick materials, warm, and rustic. The black can push away from that feel a bit sometimes, but certainly not the colorway you posted. If that appeals to you than go for it.

As for durability in the elements the cork sole is much better than anything leather. It's smooth though so you won't have any real traction. Not a good boot for rain or snow in that regard, but it'll be fine in the occasional puddle.

C O O K E D

O

O

K

E

D

Post pic of what they look like now.

Ok i will keep them.
Thanks.

If they fit the way you dress and you're not worried about traction; they're worth every penny. I wear mine pretty regularly.

just ordered these in black cherry

from what I've seen in this thread alone is that the worst part of the Iron Rangers is the flat sole, which isn't a problem with the beckmans as you can tell from the pic