What type of makeup is Veeky Forums?

I like the 1st and 3rd looks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3jXye0Qlak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, should men wear makeup?

youtube.com/watch?v=N3jXye0Qlak

1 4 5

>1. Good. Natural make up done well always tends to look good because it isn't making a statement, just improving on the wearer's features.

>2. This kind of Instagram heavy lip heavy eye heavy highlight is already looking dated. And why can so many of them not find a highlight that works with their undertone.

>3. "50s Inspired" looks are pretty flattering but they tend to be so formulaic that they have very little creativity and also look a bit too 2008 modcloth shopper. Accurate 50s looks are a bit more interesting at least.

>4. Anything on 80s Madonna is unfair because she looked amazing in everything. The execution on anyone else would look dated now, but the ideas (colour blocked eyes, harmonising lips, cheeks and eyes, full "ungroomed" brows) would work well now with updated application techniques.

>5. I'm pretty worried that frosted is going to come back in a bit way soon. Holographic lips and metallics seem to be gaining traction and those are just evolved frosted. I hate it. Make it stop.

>6. I've got a soft spot for goth looks, even if they're not Veeky Forums.

I love Twiggy's eyes, even if they're impossible to recreate now without looking like a full on costume.

1 > 4 > 5 > 2 > 3 > 6

"dated" is not synonymous for "bad", you know.

There's no such thing as a "timeless" look anyway.

Veeky Forums oftentimes means "ridiculous but trendy".

This right there is not trendy but it's beautiful.

So take your pick.

base, peach blush, red lipstick, rimmel and black eyeliner. VoilĂ , you've got a timeless look.

>red lipstick
>black eyeliner
maybe if you wanna look like you're from the 1940s.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying they're particularly tied to a specific time period more than less distinctive styles.
And with something like the Instagram style one that's so trend led that is a bad things.

For the 80s one it just means slightly older women still wearing things using the same techniques will look as if they've given up learning any new ones.

Makeup styles may not be timeless, but some are far more distinctive for a time period than others.

Instgram makeup is literally just an over-the-top 50s style that's tacked on without any concern for facial morphology.

full-on new romantic or fuck off

or from the 50s, or the 90s, or the 00s, or the 2010s...

And 70s biba make up is 1920s make up with louder colours and thicker brows. Doesn't mean it doesn't look clearly 1970s when you see it.

Very few make up styles now don't take inspiration from another source, but any adaptations can tie it to one period or another.

(Although I fail to see how it looks particularly 1950s other than the fact they use eyeliner and lipstick and angular brow shapes)

yes

1, 3, and 4 are the only good ones.
Crazy "artistic" makeup is usually a red flag stronger than blue hair and problem glasses.
Natural will always be best, but classic 40's/50's/early 60's styles are pretty sexy on attractive girls. 80's style when done well is probably the hottest though.

>(Although I fail to see how it looks particularly 1950s other than the fact they use eyeliner and lipstick and angular brow shapes)

it's mostly the "LOOK AT ME I'M AUDREY HEPBURN" winged eyeliner

No, never except for costumes

Ben Stiller on the right

>80's style when done well is probably the hottest though.
Like many things from the 80s, it will look better than anything else if you're not ugly.

No that's Mick Mars

But Audrey Hepburn was more lashes. Her eyeliner mostly tapered off softly rather than to a cat eye.

I mean she's probably most recognisable in Breakfast At Tiffany's and it's still fairly understated there.

Very heavy liner was far more a 1960s thing.

Yes but that's because she wasn't a clumsy-ass slut without any common sense and relied on professionals to apply her makeup.

And that's relevant because?

If her eyeliner didn't look like that because wasn't a clumsy ass slut then how can her eyeliner style that didn't actually exist be what Instagram style make up is based off?

Instagram make up is far more inspired by drag and is a bunch of teenage girls trying to make themselves look like men looking like women, because drag is where winged eyeliner and heavy contour and highlight and gradient brows are a thing.
Not what you imaged Audrey Hepburn's make up looked like.

>a bunch of teenage girls trying to make themselves look like men looking like women

accurate

As a redhead it's absurdly hard to find flattering shades of lipsticks. Brunettes and blondes have it lucky with their clear and evenly toned skin. Haven't seen a redhead irl yet that didn't look like someone mixed some spaghetti sauce with the pigment of their skin. Thanks life.

Why would teenage girls want to look like drag queens? Where did it start?

>tfw scared of make up
I think I do it decent, but Im too nervous to wear it out, because Im afraid other girls will see that Im new to make up or something. I took a 1 on 1 class and got nice make up chosen for me by a v good make up artist.. but.. just... so scary..

I prefer the nude makeup look or the classic red lip look on most people.

TOP LEFT, OR NO MAKEUP AT ALL.

MAKEUP IS AN ABOMINATION.

this is Veeky Forums

because they don't know they're doing her make up like drag queens do. The makeup they dram inspiration form has watered down from dragqueens, to makeup artists, to instagram and Youtube gurus, to teenage girls. They don't know the origin and they don't care, for them it's just pretty (how it shoudl be, it's just makeup ffs!)