Basic Tees

Hanes, Gildan or Fruit of the Loom for basic T-shirts?

(I'm just getting black ones, if that matters in any way.)

i've never worn gildan, but hanes is absolute shit quality, fruit of the loom is barely a step above them

even though uniqlo has supposedly gone to shit, i'd reckon they still make the best dirt cheap basics

banana republic on sale

gildan fit is super boxy and fabric is stiff

This.
BR is always having sales on their blank tees where I am. They're $8-12 each, which I know is more than Hanes/FotL, but they last much longer and are way more comfortable.

Topman slim fit is the way to go

isn't the material super thin? it felt that way last time i stepped into one of their stores

Yes, they are super thin. If you sweat easily (from casual walking and stuff), you might not want to wear them.

what site is this?

Banana republic

read that wrong, mb

As above, Nanner Pub is good, especially on sale. I'd recommend LaCoste if only they didn't put that fucking gator on everything.

H&M, American Apparel, and to a lesser extent Zara, Mexx, and Le Chateau are also decent places to find basics. Just be careful to not fall in to fast-fashion buys; if you have to dress around the piece, don't buy it.

>H&M
is it the Divided tees that you're talking about?

-

anyone who has experience with these (H&M) tees are welcome to share their thoughts

kirkland for classic fit
calvin klein modal for slim fit

Bought one 2+ years ago, still looks good. Collar rolled a little but no baconing. Still pretty dark compared to my other black clothes. I only air dry though.

>Tfw american apparel stores in london going on clearance because they're shutting down
>basics still overpriced

Im sick of this meme against gildan, theyre p comfy, the fit looks fine, and they last forever

Fucking As colour or Everlane should be in your top five when considering buying basics.

How plebeian would Lacoste be? I kinda like the crocodile...

They're not durable at all. Very thin fabric. The fit is nice though.

Screen Stars Best >

This. I've always lived in states that never had a costco. Went to a military school with a friend who gave me a free pack of kirkland white Ts, and their fit was a million times better than the shitty hanes I wore back then.

I think they're fine. Nice soft fabric and the fit is pretty good
I have 5-10 divided t-shirts and none of them show any significant wear even after 3-4 years of use.

Try Comfort Colors

next level apparel on amazon

A S C O L O U R

S

C

O

L

O

U

R

I'm wearing a bandshirt that's printed on a next level apparel shirt. Pretty comfy, fit is good too!

Got most of my t-shirts abusing referral codes at Everlane. Apparently they are comparable to uniqlo in quality.

How do you get the codes?

Gotta agree I've got a band T-shirt printed on gildan and I've washed it countless times and its still soft and hasn't gone stiff, fits nice too
Also I quite like their pull over hoodies

I don't really know how to explain it but gildan t-shirts feel great on me when I'm only wearing the t-shirt, but under a sweatshirt or any layers it feels pretty weird

Next Level or Alternative Apparel

have you tried H&M's tees?
if so, how do they compare with Gildan?

Wearing black Hanes right now. Feels comfortable to me. Not too thin that it feels like an undershirt. Just right.

Gildan is whatever, the only problem I have is that the length of the t-shirt sleeve is too short to the point where I have to wear a windbreaker while wearing one.

I fuck with DG but their sleeves are too short.

i recommend Russell for Black and White tees. Gildan is alright but worse quality (lower weight per inch of fabric)

i bought one and the first time i washed it it shrunk like two inches in length

it feels like 50% elastene

i hate it

Not a fan of fruit of the loom because they seem to fit more slim and dont tend to stick TTS (in my experience anyway)
I prefer Hanes but dont mind the neck and fit of a Gildan

German site, but maybe you find similar stuff in region: grundstoff dot net

Vintage Fruit of the Loom and Hanes Beefty Ts are goat.

I don't have any from H&M, but since they're all over just stop in a store if you're gonna get some, sometimes they're on sale for like 5 bucks and you can check the quality for yourself

>NZ clothing
Yeah Na m8 you are a cunt

ascolour basics are shit. they have the wrong colours with the wrong shirts with the wrong weight