Acne

What's the least meme way to fight it? I'm 20 and it's still popping up, and it isn't Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/1056537/clear-up-your-skin-with-urine-yes-pee-cures-acne
nz.iherb.com/Palmer-s-Skin-Success-Fade-Milk-Tone-Correcting-Body-Lotion-8-5-fl-oz-250-ml/39636
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

go to a dermatologist

see a professional, go to the dermatologist

stop washing your face. the whole facial cleanser market is a jewish scam.
put towel on pillow. take zinc. drink tons of fucking water

or visit a dermatologist

sorta related

I don't think I've got acne, but i've got these like cuts around my biceps. They aren't like traditional acne and don't hurt or are sore in any way.

I've used different creams and shit but they just refuse to go

Accutane.

Live a healthy lifestyle and don't be a dirty ass bitch.

hygiene, diet, exercise, and water only for drinking.

Have you tried going to the doctor? I had acne like that and cleared it up with anti biotics

Splash your own urine on your face.

It gets rid of zits really quick bro.

Eat healthy you faggot.

my face usually gets to fuck when i havent been drinking enough water

if you have 20 spots deffo see a doctor though

>no dairy
>no fatty /sugary food like potatoe chips and candy
>wash face every night and morning
>change pillow case
i use cerVe and it helps a lot

cut dairy and drink tons of water

Accutane is a goddamned miracle drug, fairly heavily regulated because some senator's son offed himself but it works.

It is the fucking nuclear option tho and will fuck up your skin while you are on it. I went on it and it completely cleared me up, still have some scarring but that is going away (acne I had was really severe).

One time I got second degree facial burns from a day at the beach without sunscreen so be careful, but its definitely worth it.

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser vs CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser?

anyone?

also what is the best moisturizing body wash unscented?

drink water, eat healthy, work out, go outside

you don't need to kill your liver

CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash vs
Dove Deep Moisture Pump Body Wash vs
Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash

which is best? the cerve body wash is $1 per ounce and the dove ones are not even half that.

I have a stash of low dose accutane.

When I break out I take one, and it normally does the trick. Get a little bit thirsty but that's it.

Was never prescribed accutane, just bought it online and take it sparingly.

you have to put piss on it

sheknows.com/beauty-and-style/articles/1056537/clear-up-your-skin-with-urine-yes-pee-cures-acne

>all those idiots suggesting a dermatologist
Good way to waste infinite money and time for nothing.

They may be stretch marks. You usually get them from expanding your skin too quickly, usually from being a fat ass.

yeah, my sister says pretty much the same thing.

Fucks up your skin, but in a good way.

jesus fucking christ this is the most retarded post i've seen in all my wasted years spent browsing this absolute shithole of a place

Retarded memes

Correct

It's preference. I prefer the foaming facial cleanser

Anyone else have disgusting under skin? How do I get rid?

Came here to to find help for my gf terrible acne, but she can't use accutane because depression.

Dermatologist gave her some supplement pills doing shit for her.

A C C U T A N E

>never had bad acne
>have like little holes on my left cheek even though i never popped any zits or anything
what the fuck? why do i have these and is there any way to get rid of that shit. also for mild blemishes does drinking water really help that much? thx

Can confirm this. For 2 years I tried to get rid of my acne with those "natural solutions". I did even far more than listed, for example visiting the sauna twice a week. Going through all of this isn't worth it just to have slightly less bad acne.

Go see a dermatologist. Get accutane.
I sometimes think about how awesome it would have been if I had taken accutane just earlier. How much better I would have felt in those two years if my acne would have been acne free through accutane.

Get a gentle non irritating facial cleanser, cetaphil is recommended most often - I personally use a dove bar. Also get a basic, scent free, non irritating, non grease moisturizer. I see cerave often cited as one - I have a fancier one I got in some gift basket but w/e.

1. Relearn how to wash your skin - I get it, you're mad at your acne and you think going harsh on your skin is sending your acne a message or some shit - nope. Your skin is a living thing, be harsh to it and it will respond - before washing your face make sure your hands are clean.
First, rinse your face with a bit of water to wash off dirt then lather up your choice of cleanser in your hands and begin washing your face in circular motions - DON'T PRESS ON YOUR SKIN.
When you're done, wash it off and dry your face gently with a towel, don't start rubbing the towel on your face, just lightly tap your face until it's dry.

2. Wash your face with a cleanser once daily - "but I'm washing 3x times a day right now and I still get acne, how could 1 time work?" that's the thing m8, in skincare sometimes less is more - by cleaning your face a bunch of times a day you're injuring it, causing it to dry up and then grease up to make up for the dryness you induced on it.

3. Moisturize - take a small amount, apply it on your face, like with the cleaning part - no pressing, no harshness, just gently apply it. "My skin is already oily moisturizing will just fuck it up" it won't, in fact, your skin is oily because it's trying to compensate for the shitty abuse you're putting it through, moisturizing will actually make it less oily.

GENERAL ADVICE:
While I'll go ahead and guess most acne is caused by shitty hygiene, vitamin deficiency is also a fairly common reason with the common deficiencies being imo zinc and vitamin D.
Change your bed sheets and pillowcase.
Don't touch your face.

She's probably depressed because she has acne. Accutane is a miracle drug. Have her take it.

Is there an easy way to obtain accutane outside of legal means?

>people still fall for the facial cleanser meme

Stop holding your head with your hand/touching face in general.

There are some risks with accutane. This risks are largely managed by monitoring liver function through monthly blood tests. You'll need (or, at least, find that it's cheaper) to go through a doctor to get this tests and the drug.

Definitely go to a dermatologist. You probably won't be able to jump on Accutane immediately, and you likely wouldn't want to. They'll start you off with some topicals -- maybe a topical antibiotic formulated with bp or tretinoin or some shit. Maybe they'll also give you some antibiotics to swallow. These tend to work well. If they don't, you can try Accutane which really does work quite well.

>tfw have eczema
>tfw go to this jew dermatologist
>he makes me wait 40 minutes and when he finally arrives he spends 5 minutes in total dealing with me and hands me shit tier sample creams from his fucking drawer that i use for a couple weeks and they lose their effectiveness
>he says he's only gonna focus on that for now before he starts dealing with the rest of my face, my breakout problem, blackheads and other general small acne on my face
>tfw we never get past the eczema phase
>tfw everything else on my face just worsens with time by avoiding it
don't fall for the dermatologist meme

40 minutes each time*

Thinking about buying this, but it's pretty expensive at $35 for 100ml/3.2floz. Does anyone have experience with how long a package lasts?

>tfw rosacea
anyone can relate?

Accutane is good for acne like pic related. If you have actual big cysts you should go see a derm asap. If it could be more closely desceibed to "uneven skin", a proper skincare routine and a healthy diet is just fine.

Low % AHA is a fucking meme.

Get 25%+ and use it as a weekly peel.

just a saw a doctor
he has me on 2 topicals
clindamycin phosphate lotion & retin-a creme
anyone have experience with the 2?

READ THE SKIN CARE GENERAL FAQ

>dermatologist
found the dermatolojew
you can stop acne from home

If its been going on for a while, ignore every single piece of advice you receive that does not involve Accutane. There are side effects, yes, but I personally have only experienced dry skin.

>put 3+ years I put off going on Accutane because I thought I'd be suicidal and have awful side effects
>eat well, exercise, experiment with different products and lack thereof, fall for many memes
>finally bite the bullet
>all I've gotten is dry fucking skin and lips
>my acne has been utterly demolished
>feel amazing about myself
>affecting everything in my life: I'm happier, more productive, more creative
>all because none of my energy is being taken up by hating my face
>look back at photos of myself from just six months ago, can't believe I ever looked like that
>probably hopping off of it next month
>still have marks, but they're fading
>haven't had a single pimple since about a month after I started taking it, probably less

my guy eczema runs in my family try an exclusion diet. Go a week or two without certain foods to see if it helps. I tried this with dairy and gluten and its helped a ton. Went from full body eczema to just patches on my shoulders and legs. Not saying its a cure but its worth a shot. Also no scented lotions, shampoos etc.

>took accutane
>acne went away at the permanent cost of my appetite and emotions
>acne came back
Its not fair mayng

it's good to hear that you waited. Accutane will stunt growth if taken too early. I'm certainly glad I waited, and I wish I had waited a little longer even

>self-dosing accutane

Meh. Accutane isn't perfect. I finished a course of it half a year ago and my acne is already coming back strong. I never thought I'd need to do a second round. Fucking lame.
Btw Ive never went a day without washing my face with a gentle cleanser, moisturizing, and applying sunscreen.

this product gets praised/shilled in almost all skincare threads since summer. i don't have bad acne, just an oily T zone with a few pimples and very mild acne. I just prefer to have a perfect spotless skin
and the pic is BHA. I know AHA is only for a dry or sundamaged skin

I'm 25, still get acne, and the only thing that helps is accutane. I can't fucking take accutane all my life, this shit already dries my skin like a motherfucker and you're not even supposed to drink while taking it. I might off myself desu

>Accutane
What they don't tell you about accutane is what it does to your liver.

I have already been, she prescribed me something that cleared up lower face acne but not upper face acne. wat do

The acne is taking shitload of her confidence, I know. The problem is her doctor didn't want to prescribe it after learning what other drugs her psychiatrist gives her.

She also told me about her ex taking accutane and how his skin and eyes were sun sensitibmve even years after that.

Shit is hard for me, because I don't care that much about her acne, but I see how it affects her. Maybe we can work with some weaker stuff first and somehow treat it. Thanks for advice tho.

Is your girlfriend on hormonal birth control? That would help if her acne is related to her cycle. I was acne girl once too, never used accutane though, just rx retinol during the day and BHA serum at night. Hate to recommend it but tanning will work wonders for acne as well. Not smoking anymore has also made a difference, so has ditching cheap foundation and wearing better quality makeup. Tried the dairy thing too, but it didn't work for me.

doxycycline before accutane

Eat good, clean and less oil-dense foods. Drink lots of fluids, preferably water.
The biggest deal here is that a dermatologist will tell you the biggest meme of all:
>take this jewish cream that you buy at the pharmacy.

No one really knows what's going on here, but a lot of it is shit genetics and your inability to understand what your body is going through, perhaps emotionally, but I'm not a psychiatrist.

I have had severe depression for a decade and my dermatologist still prescribed Accutane to me. It didn't affect my mood at all. I was not even aware that Accutane could have adverse effects on depressed people. I still deal with depression, but having skin that is clear and easy to care for is a nice little bonus.

hey guys just wondering if this is a good cart to remove mild acne + PIH
the thing im most unsure on is the palmers lotion, its got hq and aha's and retinoids and all that jazz but im not too sure on how well it'll work
nz.iherb.com/Palmer-s-Skin-Success-Fade-Milk-Tone-Correcting-Body-Lotion-8-5-fl-oz-250-ml/39636
could anyone experienced give some advice?
thanks

Nope, into the trash most of it goes
To solve acne you need the following

>Face cleanser, cerave is the usual
>Stridex pads to exfoliate
>Astringent first aid oil if you shave
>10% bp spot cream for anything that forms
>Moisturizer for dry skin

Heat the skin up, usually I do this by leaning over my kettle in the morning as it boils for coffee, shave, cleanser, bp cream on anything remotely like a zit in a thin layer, swipe with stridex pad, close the pores/bleeding with first aid oil (witch hazel is decent), moisturize once the face is dry.

i have pretty mild acne most of this stuff is more for PIH
ive been using those stridex pads for like two months now and theyre pretty good
also yeah when i facewash i use warm water to open up the pores, wash, then seal with cold water
whats bp spot cream?
thanks dude

Also when you use a cleanser wet your face with hot/warm water and rinse with cold water. It made a noticeable difference for me when I started doing this.

I had mild acne, and it did a good job of clearing it up. I don't know how it would work for someone with severe acne though.

I have very mild acne too, see Do you remember how long you did with a single package, and how often you used it?