Veeky Forums majors thread

Post the most effay majors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yqt_WoyiyNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can tell you what is not effay: Electrical Engineering.
Source: EE major...everyone wears graphic t shirts and jeans.

Fashion design

Gender studies

Architecture is definitely the most effay in my experience.

Yeah, nice examples of the least effay majors. EE is just full of autists here desu.

Architecture for sure.

Math/Econ can be effay.

Clinical Psychology

Math or CS is probably the least effay

Mathematics

industrial design

Economy and philosophy

Art History or Classics, thats what the squirarchy who run the City do. If youre from a full-pleb background though youll have to do something very mathsy to even get a menial position.

something that requires actual work and inteligence. something that will garner you respect and $$ when you graduate
>dont come at me with that being a professor meme bullshit.

industrial diver here,

I've got a business management master degree, my advice: don't go to university if it isn't for maths, science or medicine

industrial engineering may count if you are really good

Seems like a cool job.

Why shouldn't you go to uni for economics or law, though?

Physics. It's a very effay subject and has an effay history. The classes contain some autists but it's still an effay as fuck major. Also it's pretty hard.

Geology

because the future isn't in the hands of business people, economy is going to collapse anyway in a few years

creating, building, repairing and inovation is the future of this world

Psychology and sociology, the two hardest sciences. Once you you walk into those doors, there's nothing but facts

lul nice

Are you expecting some kind of apocalypse? I don't think capitalism is going anywhere and finance people will still very much be in control.

You seem dumb.

I was an arch major for a year, some students are super Veeky Forums and others are the complete opposite.

CS def. I'm doing a CS minor and no one in my courses can dress themselves for shit.

>so many cargo pants/shorts

I would think engineering, maybe toward aeronautics
>live the F L I G H T W A V E life
>or just end up a white collar upper middle class dad

Language/literature

where my philologists at

if you do maths/hard science and still Veeky Forums then that.

but the major with the most Veeky Forums people average is probably an arty subject.

lol.

fashion

>villani
he looks like we would wear a cape. what a dork.

I'm majoring in biological psychology before attending med school.

A-am I effay?

Lul he looks like a 1700s scientist or artist.

Yeah, that's pretty effay. Without med it's not effay though.

A major in commerce. Cucks, btfo.

Not anything STEM. My peers, and myself included, dress like shit. As soon as I got admitted to my major, all the attractive people disappeared.

Just graduated as a composer which I think is pretty Veeky Forums

Sounds destitute.

oh it is
poverty is very effay

It is, though, if you do it right.

Econ philosophy is most effay.

But Econ applied math is almost as effay, and a lot more practical.

t. Econ math major

I'm doing Econ/IR and it's pretty effay i mo t bh f am

psychology

its funny when people make fun of psychology or sociology. edgelords

Art History

Social media engineering

youtube.com/watch?v=yqt_WoyiyNU

Aerospace engineering. It's the coolest major at least. Most people are probably not effay.

medicine isn't very Veeky Forums. you just sit in your apartment all day watching videos at 2-3x speed memorizing random facts and crushing electronic flashcards in anki

Advertising is litty

>Advertising is flitty

Made your statement true.

what does that even mean >flitty

It means homosexual. It's an old word.

It was a joke because I don't like advertising.

neat word. i don't necessarily agree with it either (its definitely predatory) but it is a great creative outlet that doesn't require art school

Yes, I agree with you. But I also imagine there are lots of phonies who are really into advertising who work with it. I can get liking the creative process and all, but actually liking advertisement is pretty bad desu.

as long as its tasteful i feel

math is not Veeky Forums
t. math and physics major

Physics is pretty effay right?

t. Physics major

Physics major here it's not Veeky Forums at all

>creating, building, repairing and innovation
>can occur with a collapsed economy, failed gov't, or lack of entrepreneurs

Honestly, finishing college doesn't seem very effay.

German philology here hi

Get in where you fit in

What's up with Psychology/Sociology getting hate in these threads? I can partly understand sociology, but as I'm studying for my PsyD I don't really understand the accusations of psychologists being charlatans etc.

school?

Yeah I did EE, definitely not a Veeky Forums crowd.

What is Veeky Forums is making a lot of money for sweet cops because you took arguably the most god tier major.

>t. Employed EE grad

Probably design or architecture.

I'm doing modern languages and philosophy and most of my classmates are pretty bad. Specially in philosophy there was a guy who wore literal fedoras every day for the first two years.

On my CS course there are like 7 people who absolutely browse Veeky Forums, of those, 4/7 are try hards. Always something a little off about their fits; reds just a little too red, shoes and belt match, fit doesn't match weather.

Im obvs perfectly Veeky Forums tho...

because psychology is barely a step above philosophy. unless you're doing actual scientific research, the degree is a hack.

depends on your understanding of Veeky Forums

Most reasonably dressed people around you? Probably a normalfag social science degree that appeals to the self-centered tumblr crowd

Most outstanding degree? Hard science that requires an individual to be highly intelligent, i.e. math/physics, where everyone else dresses like shit - if you succeed AND dress well you're top notch effay in that regard.

I disagree, I'm doing psychology and everything is backed by scientific research. Philosophy was only ever brought up in first year as something "fun" for the kids. Also it depends on what area of psychology you wish to achieve in. I pick the bio/clinical modules every time. Also just to add, psychology is very crititcal of anything that isn't scientific, a lot of psychology that the general population have is just "pop-psychology" (for example us using only 10% of our brain, which is completely false) which is very frowned up in the community, even in the small details

are you expecting this world to continue like this ?

See you in 20 years, you will see who's dumb

>petrol
>fracking
>climatic change
>species dying (no more bees in a few decades probably)
>agriculture going shit

yeah sure, keep living in your comfy little life denying all of this

Finance and Business Law major here

the business majors at my university are known to be the most effay in formal contexts. Some dudes go over the top and wear suits to class, even if they've not got work to go to later. They just like dressing the part and such. The business orientated frats always throw on formal wear events just for flexing/contact making purposes. Majoring in business has been grand and I've met some great people. If my field is filled with the type of people I've been meeting rn, I'll be over the moon, but firms are going to always be hit and miss when it comes to the culture of the industry. The culture isn't always going to be effay approved, but for the most part they like young men and women to dress properly. If you're into experimenting with formal wear, it's up your alley. I'm kinda memeing now, but y'know what I mean.

Eh no ones really poorly dressed where I am. Lots of hoodies, just comfy clothes.

>tfw CS courses full of fat people, asians, and trannies

Logistics here, people either dress absolutely norm-core, or fuccboi-core or prep-core. Everyone is right-wing as fuck though, even blacks.

Still wear Rick Owens, my female prof wears Yamamoto.

Exactly, OP claims he studied business but it doesn't seem like he's taken a single macro economics class.

Video Journalism.
Marketing

Finance and History

tax economics is neato

studio art, either the least effay of all or most effay depending on how you roll the dice imo. personally speaking my major here is pretty awful but there are exceptions

Environmental Studies reporting

>tfw want to do aerospace major, but got fucked over in the single class I took for my first semester of college

Long story short, had to skip a single class because my house was flooding, teacher decides to screw the syllabus and have 3 quizzes and an exam that day and ignores any emails about making up the work, even though she told me to email her about my grades. She also didn't send me an essay outline I needed for an essay due the next class even though I emailed her asking about hw and she sent that to me.

I can tell you this though, it's not effay to take a single class at community college after a gap year and fucking it up.

I would've dropped it to avoid ruining my GPA, but after sitting for an hour to see an adviser he neglected to tell me I wouldn't be able to after constantly repeating it's not his job to tell me what to do when I asked if I should drop it or try to salvage my grade.