Tattoo thread

I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow so let's have a thread. Also any pointers/tips?

Posting few

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>MUTILATING ONE'S BODY.

stop liking what I don't like WAAAA

IT IS NOT JUST THAT I DISLIKE IT —AN AESTHETIC MATTER—, BUT ALSO THAT IT IS "WRONG" TO MUTILATE YOUR OWN BODY —AN ETHICOMORAL MATTER.

this is nice. reminds me of that painting with the sad russian guy holding his dead son. never realized i wanted old paintings on my body in b/w before. maybe i'll get tattoos after all

disfigurement is subjective. you can't mutilate yourself if you like the results.

>disfigurement is subjective.

NO, IT IS NOT.

>you can't mutilate yourself if you like the results.

THAT IS UNTRUE, AND SENSELESS.

THAT YOU LIKE MUTILATING YOUR OWN BODY MERELY INDICATES HOW MENTALLY DISTURBED, AND SPIRITUALLY ATROPHIED, YOU ARE.

It's actually this piece by Gustave Dore that he made for the Divine Comedy. It's Charon

why isn't it true?

also turn off the caps you look silly

thanks

god you fucking ruin every thread you touch.

reconsider

Pseudo-constructivist Polyphemus getting blinded by Ulysses

your definition of mutilation is not anywhere near the commonly agreed upon definition.

post greek statues to prove the human body looks better without tattoos. It used to be a tradition. I liked those statues

this is the 5th time you posted this. Print fit, hang it on your wall, if you still like it a year after, get it done

Anyone here done/received homemade tattoos? How was your experience?

I DO NOT NEED TO PROVE THE SELFEVIDENT; IF SOMEONE CANNOT INTUITIVELY COMPREHEND HOW TATTOOING ONE'S BODY CONSTITUTES BODILY MUTILATION, THAT SOMEONE IS BLIND TO TRUTH; THOSE WHO ARE BLIND TO TRUTH ARE ALREADY DEAD.

have a good look at the studio and the artists work, before you get the tattoo done. Is it clean, do they smoke or eat inside, are there designated rooms for tattooing, do they wear gloves, stuff like that.

And have a look at the portfolio of the tattooer. Are his lines straight or do they form an arch or are they shaky? Are there burstouts (dots that are bigger then the line) where lines meet or even directly on the line? Do you like his kind of shading? Is the artist capable of making tattoos in the style that you want? Someone who makes traditional tattoos probably can't make you a hyperrealistic one.

Can a full sleeve be effay?

I think I'm going to get this tattooed on my wrist, but I can't decide whether I want it to face towards me or away from me. What would make more sense or look better? I'm thinking towards me.

towards you is better

Been sitting on these designs for a while now, still not sure if I should go for it
Which ones do you guys like?

What style are those?

meaning?

I like the second and the last one the most
You could get all of them tho

Shouldn't you choose what you like?

you'll look like a reject from mirror's edge

My brain is having a hard time registering a face on that

its an ivan the terrible piece, also good

The way the lines are done are almost a woodblock print style

They're just line art stuff I took from an old notebook

I'm not sure I like any of them enough to get them yet

thx bb, rly takin that one to heart

im not religious at all, is this a bad idea?

yeah

>Speaking of morality
>Posts in caps
Kill yourself

I love it actually

should add some faint shading to the top right one - make it look like a cubist face

Very basic bitch, if that doesn't bother you go for it

****top left

>ETHICOMORAL

yes user, we know you belong in a crib

most recent one, did it myself

got 5 more but they're mostly on my torso and I dunno how I feel about posting my putrid, half-nude body on this website

i stick'n'poked a vertical line going down from my collar bone down to my hip bone on the inner side of my nipple.

took a couple of hours and i was pretty happy with the result but the ink i used was shit and it ended up fading completely after a couple of months.

almost no pain.

I would do it on my Inner left forearm
Y/N?

Retards gonna b leik he he pull my finger tattoo

Nice sausage fingers. How fucking fat are you?

Not at all actually, I just do this thing called "manual labor", which means my hands don't look like an emaciated woman's.

half way through with this, happy so far

its just a combination word of ethics and moral, no reason to rlly use it

looks good man

OP here here's my tattoo, turned out pretty good imo, faces aren't perfect but they look fine imo

>getting summoning runes as tattoos

Bold fucker, I'll give you that.

looks like the chinese character 文 meaning literature / decoration / thought

.. ever thought of that

Gustave Dore art is god tier, but the faces in your tattoo is fucked, not good, definitly not fine either

go to a good tattoo artist next time

love this a lot. i would totally get something like that done.

Fuck
They look really dope for tattoos

Should i buff out before I get tattoos or become a tattooed skelly?

godtier

i want to have my blood type info tattooed, is this dumb? where should i have it?

There IS such a thing as too much aftercare goop, and it can fade your tattoo immediately

IT IS BETTER IF YOU HAVE A CARD WITH THAT INFORMATION ATTACHED TO YOUR BODY; A TATTOO IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA.

forehead?

its weird because you dont want it somewhere its always visible, but you want it somewhere visible in case someone needs it

maybe above your wrist

No, I didn't. That's the safe camp symbol which was kind of adopted by my favorite band. Their music has helped me through a lot for the past ~11 years, and I'm going through another rough patch right now so I think I'm going to go through with getting it done.

>Their music has helped me through
Nah. Stopped reading there.
Just get a cock tattooed on your forehead.

Thoughts on something like this on the upper forearm but with either end connect by a thin band around the arm?

Something like this

Pretty much this.
There's music that has helped me deal with depression for over a decade, but the though of getting a band tattoo makes me physically cringe.

Getting the same tattoo that looks good on someone else is always a great idea! Go for it!

I can't determine whether this is sarcasm or not, but obviously I'd be consulting with the artist and getting their opinion and taking their advice into consideration

I was 100% sincere friendo. :^)

Being unoriginal and copying other people is the very essence of Veeky Forums after all!

death grips?
...jack?

Currently booked in for my full left sleeve, and right thigh, ass to knee
(4 full day sessions, all within a month)

I don't understand moderation

what tattoo do you have?

If you want to do that, at least get a mountain that means something to you, like one from your country or whatever, not any mountain

I personally dislike the arrows and lets on the neck, but the main one is great. Well deserved dubs.

Guy on the left looks very blocky as well.

That's a watermark faggot

that's a watermark...

i think its cool desu but the bottom hand should be on th left and top hand on the r

so edgy and stupid

i like it

Got my first a few weeks ago lads

Getting this on the back of my calf, just as an outline, no black filler.

what tattoo shop did you go to that they let you get it upside down?

checked

Oh, look, a fucking retard

I requested it like that, I personally like things in my perspective.