perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

scentsamples.com.au/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

wtc other than ebay?

If a fragrance is available on fragrancenet or beautyspin I typically buy it there. Even for brands that strongly protect their street pricing such as Dior and Chanel, I buy them online to avoid paying sales tax. With about $6k spent in total between the two sites, I've never been disappointed. The bottles that they sell might be one or two years old, and in the case of a bottle of Chanel Allure Homme Sport that I received, might also be from an overseas market. Also, a few of my Bond bottles have suffered light scuffs during shipment. But the juice is always genuine and in perfect condition.

Oh boy, am I scared of liking this Paco Rabanne fragrance. But I believe I actually do.
Breakdown: first spray notes are somewhat similar to the 1 Million bubblegum vibe. After a minute or so a strong cinnamon appears, overtaking the fragrance and making it lean towards...a little close to Burberry London. Creamy tonka bean is in there, and some very faint tobacco on application compared to what it seemed on the mouillette. Personally, I'm somewhat impressed with how dissimilar this is to 1 Million: I was expecting a 1 Million + Cinnamon frag and got something quite pleasant instead, a nice blend of cinnamon and tobacco. The drydown is quiet-- in fact, the whole fragrance is. Very tame, not loud whatsoever. At the same time, it does smell synthetic and very chemical-like, I can't say this comes close to how you expect real cinnamon or tonka to smell like. The tobacco comes, now, at the drydown, and is complimented by the tonka as the cinnamon fades away. Becomes quite a tobacco dominant frag and, having smelled hookah tobacco before, it does have a similarity to it. Interestingly, the drydown is quite office-scent. Tame and well behaved, not something I'd expect at a club for guys in their early 20s. Sillage is poor since it's overpowered by the citric/soapy smell I have on my other arm right now, having sprayed the same amount. Longevity might be fine but at about an hour of use it's no telling yet.
Overall, I give this a 6.5 on my first on skin test, given that really poor sillage on my skin. The scent is better than I expected, so I won't grade it yet because the surpassed expectations effect may make me score it higher than deserved. I'd say it's a way more mature 1 Million, in a good way. Will try some more throughout the week to make my opinion complete. Not sure if I'd cop it or not, even at a cheap price point, because I have a feeling this is a generic frag, but can't pinpoint why yet.

Having tried this devil, on skin for the male, on mouillette for the female one, I can say only this:
Soapiest most offensive citric frag I've ever smelled. Loud projection, killer longevity, a shame the scent sucks. Or would it be a consequence? Chemically aggressive soapy citric lime and ginger, reminds me of CK One and L'Eau D'Issey in a woefully bad way. As if you picked the synthetic ingredients in them, amplified the syntheticness and made a new frag. The green apple is very feminine in the women's version, and it is equally fake smelling, like an air freshener. Overall, I would stay away from this.

I sampled Valentino Uomo Intense and tried it so far one time and it just smelled like vanilla.

Is my nose fucked?

People say it smells very similar to dior homme intense so smell that

Who knows. I've sampled things on days I guess my nose was slightly congested or fatigued and fallen in love, then tried them again when smelling clearly and smelled no resemblance to what I remembered. Or it could be how the perfume reacts with your skin. Try other things and come back to it sometime

I always get the largest samples I can, a good few ml, for some reason when smelling new frags, I only ever get a single accord the first time, and on subsequent times my nose adjusts and I can smell more and more of the notes

>be me
>Likes Woody/Fresh fragrances
>Willing to save only up to $75 for fragrance
>Currently using Mont Blanc Individuel
I love Individuel, but I still long for a nice woody scent, and I'm picky about it too.
I'm looking for something that has great performance and silage but also won't kill people with its power. I have no preference of what time of year it be for, as I have Individuel to fall back on.
Any recs?

Obligatory Terre D'Hermes EDP. Bitter orange with vetiver base.
Also many Guerlain frags, for that Guerlinade.
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta for pizzaland woody stuff.
There's a hell of a lot of woody chypres out there. Narrow it down for us with some more ephemera, please? Like age, wardrobe, impressions you want your perfume to cause, specific notes you like...

Always try frags at least three times in different occasions (day vs night then only having that perfume on your skin), for extra certainty do one try or two every week for a month and if not convinced one last try or two some time after. Try to get friendly with the store clerks while at it, works wonders.

Wearing invictus to the club tonight because I want to fuck a girl
Am I doing it right?

No, for two reasons:
1) you can't use a spray to fuck; and
2) you're autistic.
Fuck off.

The only juice with guaranteed results is Cosby pour homme. It has a boozy ghb accord but is quite felonistic so most guys can't pull it off.

Sorry for so little info in the last post.
I usually wear Dark wash jeans and chinos, work and desert boots, flannels and oxfords or other button-ups, etc.
I'm 19 years old
I particularly like most wood scents like cypress, oud, pine, vetiver, etc and then some other notes like bergamot, tonka bean, and cardamom.
I want this to be an "everyday" frag
Like I said, I really want it to have great performance and sileage, but not kill people with the scent

got some samples today
- terre d'hermes
-terre d'hermes parfum
- Tom Ford Tobacco Vanile
- Burberry London
- Dolce Gabanna the one
can't wait to try them on over the week

tested some others, honestly didn't like a lot of the stuff out there. Tried out eaux de baux, it's nice but too much for me, soft but strong.

guess it'll be quite some time before I find a fitting scent.

I had my first encounter with Aventus Guy in the wild today. The culprit was a coworker who had applied it so heavily that you could almost "see" him without looking. Young guy, shaved head with a chin strap beard. Dude recently purchased a bottle because he saw positive reviews online and was shocked that I correctly identified the scent.

We discussed fragrance for a minute and I decided not to show my full power level. Not that I wore Aventus to work frequently, but it is blacklisted from my Monday-Friday rotation now. I'll enjoy it at home and on weekends only.

Bought this a couple weeks ago. A little pricy but I really like it. Sickly sweet to start, strong vanilla but the sweetness dries down to a fruity smokey base. Any other anons tried it?

another user here, I recently tried Occitane Vetyver today, pleasantly surprised. Might be the one you're looking for, or something to throw into rotation

Encre Noire or Encre Noire Sport?

Early 20's white dude, if that helps.

I hear sport is more interesting, and a bit friendlier. I'd definitely test it out, it's on my list too.

Thanks, I'll give it some more tries and compare it with homme intense

Just bought pure havane. What am I in for? Memes?

bretty gud but synthetic cherry tobacco a*men flanker

I own this scent.

It starts off with a huge burst of Iris and then quickly dries down to a vanilla + leather scent. It is quite strong as it is an eau de parfum and 2 sprays to both sides of the neck should give you good performance + projection for 6-8 hours.

100% will recommend.

It does smell similar to DHI but it depends on the formulation. The original DHI has a rich burst of iris that lasts through the whole scent while the newer versions feel more watered down. VUI does have a great Iris opening but after 2 hours the Iris is undetectable.

I need a sterile, synthetic lavender that smells like walking down the cleaning aisle in a grocery store. I get transfixed by this smell for some reason. Would Gris Clair be a good option?

Get Sport.
The original is basically a vetiver soliflower. I really don't think smelling like vetiver alone is interesting. I'm still waiting to find and test EN Sport, but if I were to blind buy, I'd take the risk with sport.
Maybe also try the extreme version.

I'd try a bunch of Guerlain vetivers. The original, the extreme one, L'Homme and L'Homme Eau Boisée, Arsene Lupin Voyou...
Also trying Timbuktu, Wonderwood, He Wood Rocky Mountain wouldn't hurt.

Oh, and Norne. Absolutely try Norne.
No vetiver there, but boy is it forest-y.

I'm looking for a nice scent for night time outings, right now I'm considering sampling D&G The One as well as YSL La Nuit De L'homme. Can somebody give experiences with these scents and recommend others as well? I'm mostly into fresh daytime oriented scents, the sweetest scents I have are Diesel Fuel for Life and Laura Biaggioti Roma Uomo.

La Nuit was GOAT, they had a reformulation a few years ago that watered it down a bit but I still really like it, apparently there was another reformulation in late 2015 that completely ruined it, I couldn't say because I'm still on a bottle from 2014. It's not offensive and douchey like paco rabanne, but it's not overly formal either so it's still fine if you're a casualwear fuckboy in your teens or twenties. I used to be a high school teacher and I had to stop wearing it to school as a daytime scent because the little cunnies kept complimenting me to the point where it got really awkward.

Is Versace good at all? More specfically Versace pour homme Dylan Blue.

Thank you all so much! Gonna cop some samples soon to see which ones I like

anybody have experience with making your own molecule 01 with alcohol and iso e super?

I have acquired three Versace scents over the years (Versace pour Homme, Versace Man, Versace Man Eau Fraiche) and don't wear them anymore. In my mind the house is the definition of unremarkable, low-performance mall scent.

I have no personal experience with Dylan Blue, but I'd spend the $65 asking price on an affordable niche like a L'Artisan Parfumeur scent or a high end designer bottle from Chanel / Dior / Guerlain or even Armani.

Encre Noire's development is plenty interesting on it's own and the Sport was unnecessary meddling with the formula and goes against the whole concept of the original imho. The a L'Extreme is a better option as it's reinvented from the ground up to give a proper twist on the original.

Looking for a new scent. I don't really have a preference but I'll describe my style and see if anyone has a good recommendation.
>male
>22
>6ft
>hairy guy
>short dark brown hair
>green eyes
>currently regrow ingredients beard
> usually dress in sweaters, button down shirts, or suits
>looking for a scent that's not cable but not overpowering
> looking between $75- $100

Just copped. Love it.

Thoughts on Versace The Dreamer?

Anyone tried Terre d'Hermes Eau Fraiche?
I'm diggin Terre d'hermes.

Looking for scent recs. Lately I've been wearing Roads Past/Presence and La Nuit De L'Homme. Any scents you guys think I would enjoy?

EtF is better than normal TdH. Yeah, I said it. It keeps the bitter orange and wood while being more versatile.

Think more bright and slightly fresh (maybe more astringent). It's a solid scent and performs well for it's lightness. I hate almost anything fresh/aquatic but it's alright. I've only worn it on those hot bright summer days and my tiny decant is running out quickly.

>If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
I'd recommend a bunch of frags but unfortunately only people over 6ft1 with long black hair and blue eyes can wear those. Oh, and they can't be hairy either.
What is this, your dating app profile?

Nice. Can you break it down for us, user, please?

Performance on the current La Nuit is terrible. But if it works for you, get that one, it's still a good perfume.
Look up any of the Jeremy Fragrance top 10 perfumes, I really don't understand why to come here and ask for generic frag recommendations. Try a bunch of classics, try a bunch of staples, so you know what kinds of frags you like and can measure things based on them. Do your homework, find the notes you like, etc. Come around once you need specifics. It's boring to write down yet another list with CH Man Prive and Sauvage and Individuel and whatever else and it doesn't contribute to the thread.

awesome thanks guys.
I dont know if it will work with me, despite my liking TDH, apprently my natural oils arent jiving with it that well. Might sample EF and hope for the best.
Any others you could suggest? Maybe alternatives you like and use.

shit sorry

Male, probably sub $100 right now, winter or spring is what i'm looking for, and a casual scent would be really nice. I generally enjoy scents that come off as fresh, or warm. i tend to stay away from very stereotypically "manly" notes like leather, tobacco, and musk but I do love a few woody scents.

Hanging out in Paris / Amsterdam for a few days and thought I'd pick up some frags since they're a bit cheaper here. Ended up copping Byredo Bal D'Afrique for 98 euros and Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme for 120. Did i dun good boys

Alright

Anyone who has tried both Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee and Guerlain Homme Intense please tell me which is better

Which lasts longer, which do you prefer?

You're fine, mate.
Have you ran through the usual suspects? Sauvage, VPH, Allure Homme Sport, Dior Homme Cologne, L'Eau d'Issey, Bleu de Chanel, Invictus Aqua, Acqua Di Gio Profumo...?

yeah, i've sampled most of those in the past, none of them were really my thing. for the most part, i enjoy pretty unusual scents. like my signature in warmer weather is CDG2.

Well, then you'll need to give us what you like other than fresh. Unusual is very nondescript

sure, i enjoy bergamot and other oranges a lot when it comes to fruity notes, and i'm always a sucker for scents that have any aldehydes involved. ink is another note that always interests me, in general a lot of synthetics.

Colonia Assoluta, a bunch of Hermes scents by Ellena... I've no idea what else to suggest. None of these are unusual in any way. Bergamot and oranges are very common in citric stuffs, so I am confused.

Oh! Maybe try some Escentric Molecules scents. That is unusual enough, I think?

thanks! sorry about the confusion, i suppose my best description of my taste is common notes contrasted by something strange. i'm not too good at describing my personal taste.

I really don't recommend buying la nuit unless you can get a 2014 bottle or earlier

I'll give it a shot.
Definitely more a winter than summer scent. I'd recommend African leather also by memo Paris for summer but Irish leather is my absolute favorite right now so also might be biased. There's three or four different levels that I pick up. The first thing you smell is the juniper. Strange but the first whiff reminds me of farenheit by Dior but only for micro second. Next it has a very strong leather smell mixed with green earthy. It sounds stupid but then I get reminded of oud but there isn't any here. The lasting smell is like wearing a brand new leather jacket and standing in the middle of a damp field. This is a very unique and intense smell. The other "leather" smells out there don't come close. You have to try this to really understand it. Worth the money.

Intensity: 9/10
Proximity strength: 5/10
Long lasting: 8/10

I'm actually so excited for Viking, can't wait to see what it smells like

What are your 'go-to' frags?
mines Guerlain l'homme ideal, it's a very safe, pleasant nice scent. It's familiar and non-obtrusive but still interesting.

Recently got 1 million prive
Am I a fuckboy?

Where do you guys go to smell some scents before you buy? I've gone to quite a few stores downtown like Macy's, Sephora, Nordstrom, etc. but none have the scents I'm interested in.

I live in Baltimore btw, so what do I do

For most designer stuff I go either to a chemist or to a department store.
If I can't find it in-store I'll buy samples online.

Which scents / brands are you looking for? Many houses provide lists of authorized retailers on their websites.

have any of you guys tried this? i love linen/clean smells, but ive heard this is like super harsh and synthetic so hoping for some feedback before i cop thanks

If I can't decide, I go with Mulger Cologne. It's safe for anything.

If you can tolerate licorice, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is great for the price.

You don't say what you're after, but if it's niche scents, higher end dept stores like Saks, Barney's, Neiman-Marcus, etc. are your best bets.

Just got ADG profumo
It's a lot different to the original, though the DNA is definitely there especially at the start
I like it a lot so far

Alternatives to TdH or Tres Fraiche? Kind of a hard question given it's one of the most popular frags out there. Depends what kind of direction you want to go in really, either more citrus, wood, vetiver etc.

Can anyone recommend a perfume oil?

I'm not sure what works for me yet. like I like the citrus not it's like something that's almost quintessential to a male fragrance but I do enjoy the idea of smelling like a forest
honestly if they had pinetar cologne I'd wear that

Wonderful, really appreciate it user. Will get a decant at some point. Thanks a bunch.

They all suck and stain clothes, why you don't want frags?

Vetiver freshness... go for Guerlain L'Homme Eau Boisée. No bitter orange there but... I would say it's somewhat similar?

To the user wondering between the two Guerlain L'Hommes: haven't sampled both, can't find a decant to easily cop.

I still haven't smelled pine tar so I have little clue, but I've heard it smells smokey and almost burnt like rubber.

For smelling like a forest, look into Slumberhouse Norne (gets mentioned a lot and is expensive, but my absolute favourite). Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles is on my list to try. Commes des Garcons has multiple woodies, maybe something from the Incense series like Avignon would be woody while being smokey or maybe 2 Man. Of course, there's also Encre Noire which is cheap. These are all pretty opposite of TdH, but look into woods/incense/smoke scents for sure if you want to branch out.

I have frags but I prefer oils. I've never seen an oil stain clothes.

Awesome thanks for the recs, haven't heard of a lot of those.
Pinetar smells like a campfire in the woods. Wood, fresh burning smoke, trees. It's wonderful, at least to me haha, but it is quite strong, so hopefully yours recs come close and alot smoother/softer. Will be checking them out for sure.

what is the most esoteric, bourgeoisie, nxtlvl fragrance that exists? I want to smell so profoundly that I become uncomfortable, sorry for my English. The closest I can come is Invasion Barbare or Saudi "fragrances" reverse engineered from purchase orders on unsecur'd srvrs. Price is no object.

Ah okay so those above are more woodsy/incense scents, but if you want more smoke/campfire oriented check out:

-Imaginary Authors - A City on Fire
-Comme des Garcons - Black
-CB I Hate Perfume - Burning Leaves (this is just a recommendation for fun, I've seen some heavily divise thoughts)

There's a ton more if you google around for smokey/campfire and read Basenotes & Fragrantica threads, these are mostly just brands I like. I think A City on Fire would be a cool buy, but I still think you should look at Encre Noire because it's cheap and easy to find a sample.

> I think A City on Fire would be a cool buy, but I still think you should look at Encre Noire because it's cheap and easy to find a sample.

defintely will, thanks a ton for the advice and suggestions, appreciate it!

what do people see in this shit? it smells like bubblegum

What are /frag/'s favorite oud fragrances? I know that certain houses (Mancera, Montale) specialize in the style, but are there any best-value type ouds in the $50 range? I'm seeing good prices on 24 Gold Oud editon and Polo Supreme Oud online and am tempted to buy without hunting down tester bottles to try at retail.

Did anyone get a chance to find and sniff some of the fragrances recommended by Arab user a few threads back?

Nautica voyage.

Whale semen

So I'm completely new to fragrance. Thinking the best thing to do to find what I like is buy a couple of samples. scentsamples.com.au/ willing to spend $60AUD on samples. is this too little too much? how large should the samples be?

What samples should I get?

You should be able to get away with only 1 or 2ml each fragrance, that'll give you a couple wears out of each sample.

Summer is in the full swing of things, so try some typical summer scents but also try some night scents or winter scents just to give your nose something different.

Seriously don't get EN being recommended as a smokey perfume. EN smells like earthy vetiver, nothing like smoke.

Have you gone to dept stores to try the usual designer frags?

>tfw just blind ordered Hanae Mori HM
Is the internet right about it smelling like l'eau d'issey?

Its fuckin delicious bruh

Have you guys tried anyof the Rasasi fragrances? Some of those are supposed to be hidden gems.

EN smells like lots of things to different people. You don't smell the smoke in it, but some other people, myself included, do. Mind you it's not prominent as the earthy vetiver that dominates in it and I only sense it on lower temperatures so mainly when I'm outdoors during the winter, but it's definitely there.

Anyway there's no harm in trying it as a tester can be found in most department stores, though I doubt user will end up liking it as he asked for a softer scent.

burberry london for men is pretty top tier, one spray is all that's needed for that soft cinnamon and subtle tobacco.
decent silage and projection too. Seems like a nice choice for fall, and hopefully for winter too

Maybe the opening is a bit similar but HM is definitely more of a lemon/vanilla gourmand, definitely nowhere near as fresh as l'eau d'issey, very sweet and more suited for fall/winter

GOAT fresh scent. Creed fans are mad

Im a dude, and I want to smell like a forest.
I love all woods notes, leather, bergamot, and cardamom
Price must be sub-$100
My only other condition is that it be long lasting and project well. Any recs would be absolutely wonderful