Why does everyone hate Mac DeMarco? Do you think he's aware he's a poser...

Why does everyone hate Mac DeMarco? Do you think he's aware he's a poser? Do you think he secretly also hates his shitty fans?
Is it his music or his look or his personality or the fact he's Canadian?
Is there actually anyone on this board that likes him?

>inb4 absolute shit storm

people still care about him?

I need the answers. If it causes a shit storm, then I'm keen.

no opinion on him as a person but his music is chill

when the response is surprisingly calm.

i think he's cool and music is cool but fans are shit and he has to know it. one of my favorite artists but moshing at a god damn Mac Demarco show is retarded.

What kind of people do you think he's attracted that are so shit?

5 bucks says DeMarco porked OP's girlfriend and he's enraged by it.

mostly stupid 16 year olds. there are always some cool people in every clique but there are always dummies too. it's just kids who act teenage girls seeing one direction.

I like his music and his fashion style is kinda cool, a lot of people dress like shit and say "I don't care" but still try to go for that aesthetic but you can tell he actually doesn't care

I'm not sure what the deal is with his fans trying to copy him exactly, maybe they think he's gonna start a new trend?

I like his music a lot and I think his clothing works very well FOR HIM.
He's not the skinniest guy, but his fits are usually flattering on him and he knows how to mix colors and textures.
Not to mention his fantastic hair.
It's the thousands of teens that try to emulate him that are the problem.

i would dress like him but I am too skinny.

I think he's great. He's definitely one of my favorite musicians around today. I totally understand why people are turned off by him though. His fans can be absolutely awful.

His guitar work is really fantastic. Specifically, his rhythm playing is very good. His tone is unique too. It's a nice blend of chorus and reverb. I've never heard anyone play guitar quite like him. I don't know how anyone could talk shit on his guitar work and songwriting. He also genuinely seems like a chill and nice guy. He almost always stays after the show and meets and hangs out with his fan. I went to a chill house party with him in St. Louis. I like him desu.

OP saying; as a female with his exact fucking stocky & short 'manlet' body type, I'd like to look as good as he does with what he wears.

>I went to a chill house party with him
tell story Veeky Forumsmil.

>Goofball
Yeah I like him, he seems like a pretty chill guy. Properly be an awesome guy to have a few beers with.

>Do you think he's aware he's a poser?

He literally just took his dad's style, because work clothes last longer and dont break as fast.

I L I K E

>I've never heard anyone play guitar quite like him.
yes you have, his songs and guitar style are very much ripped off of artist from the 70's and 80's, he's even admitted it, but don't get me wrong, i like his music, he just isn't very original.

as far as his style and personality, he seems like he would be a cool dude to hang with.

sounds like johnny marr

he's chill as fuck in interviews and his music's fine

i just hate all the generic white girls out there wearing overalls and carhartt jackets because they saw him do it

his concert is very good
he seems like a nice guy that actually knows how shit his fanbase is
i dont think he gives a fuck

His gf is a lot prettier than she gets credit for. Good for both of them.

He is anglo shit and worst of all he is from canada which happens to be pathetic country in all Anglo hemisphere so yeah you figure it out

idk but if you look at older pictures like when he's 18 or something he looks "normcore" and eventually he started dressing like now so i feel like he is kind of trying to look like that, or maybe i'm looking too deep into it

he really does not sound like johnny marr

let me rephrase that, his guitar sounds similar to The Smiths. He has said that The Smiths are an inspiration for him.

he dresses and acts a certain way. but his music doesn't correlate with his image

He seems like he'd be cool to hang out with. The way he dresses really works on him, but looks silly on the people trying to copy him. I love his music too. It's nice, chill, and good to drive around with friends to.

wow typical mac hating retard

>Do you think he secretly also hates his shitty fans?

DESU he's not so secret about this, but he is still polite. In interviews he often talks about how his fans expect him to be this crazy, loose, cooked guy when he's actually pretty chill and normal most of the time. He's had some highly publicised drunken moments (like sticking his thumb up his bum) but he's not literally insane in the way that I think his fans want him to be. Like the teenage girl who wanted him to sign a pig fetus. He was pretty weirded out by that.