/loneliness general/

>w2c a gf
>w2c self esteem
>w2c confidence
i thought dressing well would get me all these things, i got the face and personality to match. whats the point in dressing well if you dont have any of these things.
maybe this is a thread for r9k but idk i need help.
i jog every other day, but i get no sleep and dont eat great. i also skip class loads and dont hang out without anyone besides a few very close friends
i hate myself
help me effay
please give me tips n tricks please guys

Sage

Improve your social skills by talking to random people you meet such as a bus driver, cashier etc..

I had a girlfriend and I wasn't that much of a model. The main point is that you're not talking with girls you're interested in overall. You don't hang out with anyone besides close friends so don't expect to get any girlfriend unless you change that.

Assuming you go to college, join a club, join a sports team, participate in college activities. I learned that I didn't have friends in High School because all I did was play on my PSP and go home after school was over just so I could continue playing more video games.

Find something you really love doing, and get as good as you can at whatever that is. Develop a skill - become a real artist at whatever it is that moves you. When you become truly passionate about someting you care deeply for, it often seems to somehow show. It will happen eventually, OP, don't lose hope. You'd be astonished how fast things can change. But I really do suggest looking within and searching for a skill set you want to develop. It will make you happier, and I would predict that eventually people will be drawn to the new you, possibly others who share your interests. And don't forget, when you meet new friends you sometimes also meet their peer group, and that can sometimes turn into a whole new set of friends. Just focus on learning to love your time spent alone with your hobby or art or whatever it turns out to be.

>hope it will be easier to find gf once I'm in university
>everyone already has boyfriend for at least an year
Fuck it all, exhentai is fine too. At least I have more cash for sick cops.

I'm lonely too man

any advice for someone who finished college but failed socially because I only realized something was wrong with my life when I was 3/4ths finished and just gave up trying?

I've gotten to the point where I can make good small talk after working in retail for a couple years but I have no established social relationships that I assume people make during college

Get off Veeky Forums and speak to real people about real things.

"Any plans for the Holidays?"

Wow so hard.

just saying
talking to people on a non superficial level is actually hard for some people because of fear of intimacy its a real thing

wondering this too, friend.
>about to finish college
>lost all friends due to drama/people moving/etc...
>how to start over in the real world?

are we doomed to single serving friends? and is anything more just luck?

this
i never questioned it till a few months ago
now i realise i've probably had some form of mild depression for years and just never questioned it

I wanted to write some great advice that I figured out recently but nah, it's not worth the effort.

>whats the point in dressing well if you dont have any of these things
Fun, self expression, confidence boost.

okay thanks

Anyone else confused why they're lonely? I try to be nice and help people. When asked about me, most people that know me would say that they like me and that I'm funny. Yet, for some reason I'm completely left behind. Girls will say that I'm going to find a girlfriend easily, but none of them want to date. Guys tell me that we'll hang out soon, but no one ever calls. Even when I make plans, they never pull through.

There's something really wrong with me and I don't know what.

In the same boat man.

It's the same for me man. I've just have given up on dating someone during this period of my life. All the girls I've pursued say they want somebody like me, but just not me. The last girl I flirted with became a lesbian. I'm just left wondering what the hell is wrong with me.

>both male and female friends ask me why no gf
>don't know how to answer them
Nobody I know is single and don't know how to learn people otherwise. No way I will make a tinder account or other dating shit.

why is everyone on Veeky Forums so sad? So many boards have a lonely/feels thread.

Anyone else have issues with extreme attachment? I can talk to a girl for like two weeks and get super attached to her even though I hardly know her
She's given me a tiny bit of emotional attention which is more than I've had for the past 6 months, so I'm already super invested in her since I'm so fucking lonely

this is too real

because having meaningless, self-masturbatory discussions with strangers on the internet is a poor substitute for connecting with people in real-world situations

Because life sucks and we don't tend to have anyone else to talk to.

Because money and sick fits may buy you instagram followers, but no friends or gf.

>I try to be nice and help people.
Be very careful, what you just described is a 100% sure recipe for being targeted.
You're making assumptions about the real world and about people which simply aren't true.

This is the biggest load of shit argument that I see gets propagated everywhere.

Yeah becoming good at something is rewarding and spending time on what you love doing is great. It completely depends on what it is - regarding if you'll meet other people doing it.

I spent over 100 days this year working on my hobby and I'm really fucking good at it, and have seen massive improvements over this year.

Haven't met a single person, just as lonely as ever.

Girls who claim to be into the same hobby on tinder have literally never done it on their own. Not even once.

what is this hobby

heres my feels maybe at least one person rates:
>be enfp
>be extroverted
>love being centre of attention
>slowly develop social anxiety due to general low self esteem
>go to uni with SA
>pretty quiet
>small group of friends (all guys)
>want to be popular and friendly like i used to be
>everyone already thinks of me as this quiet and shy dude
how am i supposed to start acting like i used to if no one recognises me as that person

>have diagnosed bipolar and have minor anger issues
>try to be nice
>everyone is a bit distanced from me
>only have 3 friends in whole university - 2 guys and 1 black girl

>tfw no gf
>tfw barely any confidence
>tfw don't know if good looking, ugly or just being lied to by acquaintances
>tfw no friends into fashion
>tfw no friends
>tfw broke student with no job
This lonely life is too much to cope with Tbqh, it's tough feeling like there's no one who understands me nor that i can click with. More so, I can't even tell whether I dress good or not, I've been complimented on a fit once but other than that, I don't even have a set "style" yet nor people who can give me criticism help me with fashion related shit. Being indecisive and easily swayed also makes things even shittier.

it sucks man, i wonder why i still live.

This so fucking much.

I'll just drop what I've learned and hope that it helps someone, if not then sorry for the blog post.

I've found that the best way to be "/fa" isn't to be in full designer, or blowing all your cash on sweet cops, but literally just buying stuff you feel good wearing. That's the key. You'll find there's certain pieces or looks that make you just feel good and really like yourself when you wear. It doesn't matter if people on the internet call them memes or not. Once you've got these fits you'll find yourself genuinely feeling more comfortable in your own skin, and your confidence and self esteem will go up. Also Go To the gym. Like rick said no outfit will make you feel as good as a fit body. Once you start getting in shape, and wearing stuff that you feel really good in, your confidence and self esteem will be getting higher and higher, and girls love confidence, so it makes that easier. But until you fix yourself it's not worth trying to get a gf that can just set you back even farther. Hope this helps my man. Everything will get better in time

i did not know i was afraid of this, im estp and extremely extroverted. high school has been awesome in terms of finding friends, confidence, girls but it never occurred to me it might not be the same in college. fuck

if carpenrry, art, or playing music isn't on the list you need a better hobby

I found this jacket thifting. Vintage 1970s.

fapping to hentai

If your hobby is intrinsically secretive, or you have a pathological need for secrecy, then of course your not going to meet people while pursuing your work. When I was growing up I met hundreds of people doing what I do and what I've always done, but once I became obsessed with anonymity that all stopped.

Exercise is the most potently effective anti-depressant known to man, and it's strongly associated with longevity, so why not develop an interest in team sports? You'll meet tons of people, that's a given.

best advice
all of fa and/or r9k should read this
healthy body=healthy mind (most of the time)

>maybe this is a thread for r9k but idk i need help.
>i jog every other day, but i get no sleep and dont eat great. i also skip class loads and dont hang out without anyone besides a few very close friends
>i hate myself

Stop feeling so fucking bad for yourself, nobody can change you but you.

Because you're an assertive bitch with no sense of leadership.
Being a nice/funny guy isn't enough, you need charisma.

Why would you go on Veeky Forums if you were a well adjusted social being?

If I had a gf, lots of friends, went to a lot of parties, I wouldn't care that much anymore about being Veeky Forums and would let my gf dress me.

I started browsing Veeky Forums because I think I'll be more confident once I start to be more comfortable with what I wear, and that'll help me with my social life.

>Improve your social skills by talking to random people you meet such as a bus driver, cashier etc..
>mfw I'm so shit I scare people and they get visibly disturbed if I so much as ask if they work at a store

I wonder if people see me in the bad light I see myself. I wonder if I indeed am an asshole and my loneliness is justified or I'm just refusing other people's love.

Man what an annoying self centered fucking hypocrite you are.