Supreme

Can someone please explain why people like this brand to me? Even before I started being interested in fashion, the brand just screamed "loser" (I guess "fuckboy" is a better term?) to me, maybe "tryhard". I really still don't get it. Even then, actually good brands like CDG and Undercover do collaborations with them. Why? Is it just the money? Or is it something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=supreme brick&_dcat=1060&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=30&_udhi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's like art and culture PUNK MOSH hip-hop skateboarding NYC baby yeah like you had to be there in the underground pre-internet days man

Tyler The creator made it popular

because tyler the meme and streetwear blew up and "skate" fashion became popular again.
never owned anything supreme (because i'm not 12) but have heard quality isn't bad.

>Tyler The creator

Wait, really? I thought they were popular a lot longer than that.

Supreme wasn't even popular amongst people who actually skate 8 years ago, the brand was irrelevant until rappers started to like it.
Honestly the clothes aren't bad if you buy them for retail, the resale is stupid high though cause SCARCITY

"Tyler the creator made supreme popular" is a meme lad

>Honestly the clothes aren't bad if you buy them for retail

Well, yeah, but Uniqlo isn't all that bad either if you just want basic looking graphic tees and whatnot, and at the end of the day you're still buying overpriced shit at retail

I remember an interview with Jebbia where he said they keep stock low because they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of stuff leftover but at this point that's bulllshit. I like some of what they do but I wouldn't pay more than retail for much of anything they've done.

Well "words on a tee" is a hot style right now. it's minimalist.

Supreme bogos are famous simply because they say supreme on the front. the focus is on the brand. The logo says exactly what it means, it's the best.

When you factor in the hype surrounding them and the high demand/ low supply business model. What you create is a luxurious product that projects the feeling of superiority. To own one of things, there is an assumption that you are somebody and that you are special.

The resale reflects this, in a lot of urban social scenes: 4-600 dollars to make a statement like that is a steal. especially among the newer generations. New generations won't notice a 9,000 dollar watch on your wrist, but they will notice the 90 dollar hat which sold out in 5 minutes online.

"I write everything in quotation marks even though it's not really a quote"

tried to cop the peach BOGO today online when the drop happened and took a big L :(

Resell prices are ridiculous and but retail isn't terrible, the quality is good too

Supreme is insanely popular for the sense of EXCLUSIVITY. Take notes from today's release, the Box Logo hoodie. Sold out in pretty much a minute. This adds a sense of exclusiveness to the brand and makes everyone want to get it. But unfortunately, not everyone can get it, which makes the thirst for Supreme higher and higher. Along with the brand achieving mainstream recognition because of rappers wearing it. But, I love Supreme because of the NYC gritty-esque it reminds me of. The quality is pretty good also.

The world was reintroduced to supreme after the Nike SB dunk came out yeaaaars ago. It was probably the peak of Japanese street wear. It's been well over 10 years+ since the hype and many of us who were so into the hype are old men now (including my self) and basically if you're still standing in line to buy a box tee 10 years later with a bunch of ugly18 year old Filipinos your life was a complete waste.

nah, shits been selling out since 06, at least in LA. If you want proof, look at old hypebeast forum posts. Back then, only the bogos were massively hyped, along with some sneaker collabs.

hahahahahahaha

Most people like it for the exclusively, also the material and quality is good

"yo what up it's Bill Strobeck here, just bringing out a new Supreme video today. Link in Bio. Tyshawn forever xx"

Supreme is cool, bout to cop a camp hat next week

> a minute

my nigga we're talking 6-7 seconds

>Uniqlo isn't all that bad either if you just want basic looking graphic tees
Uniqlo doesn't sell "graphic" tees. It's kind of their point that their clothes have minimal branding/etc.

i tried to cop a black bogo but i forgot to click "i agree to..." fml

some of their designs are (read: used to be) pretty interesting, but most of it is trash (nowadays) so it's just hype idiots et al

copped a white stripe camp hat today before it sold out

top kek

Flexing in Supreme is basically announcing you have nothing better to do on a Thursday at 10am then hang in line with a bunch of chink tourists and teenagers

Whenever I see someone wearing it I just assume they're unemployed

Yeah they collab for money, the guys who spend all their money on supreme are the same guys who used to buy yu-gi-ho cards. Whenever supreme release a new batch of garms these guys spend thousands collecting and trading them

>What you create is a luxurious product that projects the feeling of superiority.

Yeah, but the fact that Supreme hypebeasts actually feel this way is what's ridiculous.
At least expensive watches or jewelry actually look good and are extremely well made with superior materials (hopefully, depends on what you buy), Supreme has nothing to do with actual luxury, so deriving superiority from that is ridiculous. Especially since you could wear actual designer pieces that aren't so obnoxious, like SLP or something, which would be real luxury (of sorts, anyway). It's kind of an extension of why Veeky Forums rejects brands like Burberry or Louis V when people wear them solely for the branding/logos, though at least I suppose the "Burberry" or "Louis V" woman/man is a lot better than the "Supreme" man (or let's not kid ourselves, the "Supreme" suburban teenage boy).

Unless this is just a copypasta meme and I've just been trolled.

It's hyped limited US-streetwear.
Japanese streetwear (beside Bape which I guess was the one that started this bogo shit) is quite cool and different to US one. Wrtaps, Neighborhood, CE, Undercover, old Number Nine.

got a red one for myself and a pink one for my bitch

>Undercover, old Number Nine
Really? I know they have streetwear elements, but would you actually call them streetwear in the same way that Wtaps or CE are?

Well, in Japan they are categorized as streetwear. But it is also much broader term there. White Mountaineering is streetwear too there.

>some of their designs are (read: used to be) pretty interesting
Like which ones?

>It's kind of an extension of why Veeky Forums rejects brands like Burberry or Louis V when people wear them solely for the branding/logos
even though the shit hypebeasts fiend over may actually be structurally inferior to whatever you think "real luxury" brands

the status/significance of anything is only there because people validate the stories designers create for their brands,

so if people think it matters then it matters, supreme holds more cachet among kids because supreme is a youth culture brand and louis v and gucci mean far less to the same audience despite whatever superior construction they may have

>At least expensive watches or jewelry actually look good and are extremely well made with superior materials
this is a story people agree to validate when they are impressed by watches, when I look at a watch I don't initially see the remarkable craftmanship of generations honed master watchmaker
I see "Brand" and whatever story has been attached to the item to give it significance

>make any article of clothing
>get niggerbabble ""artist"" to wear it
>collect money from teenagers

t. supreme

>implying
>usually what I'm dressed in
t. raf simons
t. rick owens

about to get this one lads

is it really worth that much? fug
why didn't i wake up earlier yesterday

The peach bogo you were 100% guaranteed not to get unless you are a bot

not him but see supreme x stone island

can confirm

Most supreme is trash, but i rate some of their stuff, like the burrough shirt and the eyes shirt

It's basically for the posers who can't skateboard but want to look the part.

This guy is 100% correct. The people who replied simply cant see what youre getting at.

Bape is better.

Just not on prices. Shit's ridiculous.

You're about 5 years late lol

Bape is worse. Supreme at least has some interesting stuff that isn't bogo once in a while. Bape is just camo, logo, shark hoodie. All they do since 90s.
CE is best streetwear brand and is almost hypebeast-free.

>4-600 dollars to make a statement like that is a steal. especially among the newer generations. New generations won't notice a 9,000 dollar watch on your wrist, but they will notice the 90 dollar hat which sold out in 5 minutes online.

/thread

the only bogo that you had even a tiny chance to get at retail was the black one
camo, peach and sage were essentially bot only

>posers who can't skateboard
Is Supreme still even tied to skateboarding culture? It's different from wearing a Thrasher hoodie or something, isn't it?

CE is EXTREMELY limited for every item. Maybe 10 total stores (small local boutiques) in US with maybe 1 or 2 size runs in half of the items from each season.

Unless you buy from the CE site directly and pay $40 for shipping + Duties depending on price.

I got camo manually my dude, just gotta be fast

Veeky Forums is 21+ sorry little children

what's CE?

Cav Empt

>Bape is better.
How? They're both the epitome of the worst of Streetwear.

I copped the red manually. I think it looks to bright though.

Copped grey small Bogo manually

if youre wearing this shit in 16/'17 hahaha god keep on wearing it cause you just point yourself out to fucking laugh to the point of choking on my own tongue this shit has literally been dead since 2012

supreme is very hit or miss, there are about 10-15 pieces from every season that are good

they dead af, yeah they selling out but its the same shit every season
collab with SI, NF, nike, CDG..same hats, shirts, jackets..

because skateboarding.

When is even the last time a skateboarder wore supreme because of it's skateboarding aspect

CE is the ugly vaporwave crap right?

No that's Raf Simons

>Thinking supreme is just bogos and branded shit everywhere
please atleast be into fashion before you post

I haven't seen a much more pathetic sight than walking past the Supreme store before something drops and seeing a line of Asian hypebeasts stretching down the block while some black guy who doesn't give a shit herds them into the store a few at a time.

I have bought brick
ama

if you are serious

why?

>implying it's not
>implying that's not why Supreme fanbase buys what they do
>implying even Supreme fans in this thread aren't just talking about and obsessing about "bogos"

try harder

I have a friend who's a big fan of supreme so I thought it was a good gift
turns out it is, looks pretty nice on a shelf as decoration
any doubt in buying vanished once I saw the smile on his face

>put supreme brick in supreme bag in a palace bag
>"couldn't find a better bag for your gift so here you go"
>he removes the supreme bag
I swear to god withing .5 seconds he just goes
>"is that a brick"
didn't even open it
really funny

jesus seriously?

Si alife the new supreme ?

Is*

So, basically…it's a nice gag gift. Fantastic.

ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=supreme brick&_dcat=1060&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=30&_udhi
would agree but it held its value pretty well ffs

They follow basically the same business model as nintendo, release too few to meet demand, keeping it and prices high

Supreme always had a following because they made interesting, well made clothing back in the early-mid 2000s.

They started falling off and it seemed the brand would die a noble death, but then Odd Future and social media bandwagons basically brought it back, bigger than it had ever been. Right now Supreme and Palace pretty much represents the worst aspects of modern fashion/consumerism and internet trend faggotry.

Streetwear was never really an actual subculture imo - whatever that means - but at least it was once an interesting scene. It's soulless now, but fuck it, I've jsut stopped paying attention to be honest.

Mfw supreme "hurr slap a bogo on it" stole their signature box from the objectively more punk anticapitalist feminist artist Barbara Kruger