Skincare

Can we get a skincare thread going? I've finally gotten to a point where I feel like it's worth it to focus on this, but I'm relatively clueless and the sticky is very barebones for this topic.

What are some good moisturizers & facewash products for men?

Other urls found in this thread:

nz.iherb.com/Palmer-s-Skin-Success-Fade-Milk-Tone-Correcting-Body-Lotion-8-5-fl-oz-250-ml/39636
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are some good moisturizers & facewash products for men?
depends on what kind of skin you have

My spots are greatly reduced now I exfoliate and cleanse and moisturise every day but how the fucking shreck do I get rid of the ones that won't stop coming back in the same place because of my hair

is argan oil good or just a meme?

cut your hair, or make sure your hair never touches your face

Pro tip sleep on ur back and don't wear and eye mask when u sleep
I do both because I need them for sleep, except for sleeping on my back which I've switched to, but The eye mask always fucks up my skin due to the fat build up

god i love steph

How do I switch to sleeping on my back? I literally can't fall asleep on my back unless I've gone without sleep for more than a day.

How can I get rid of god awful acne scars? Bio oil doesn't help

peelings and fractional co2

I have some chest acne. It doesn't seem to dissapear after 3 years with it.
Anyone here with the same condition, soulutions.... anything you can tell me to get rid of it? Thanks.

How to get rid of these awful stains below my eyes?

hey guys just wondering if this is a good cart to remove mild acne + PIH sorry for reposting this
the thing im most unsure on is the palmers lotion, its got hq and aha's and retinoids and all that jazz but im not too sure on how well it'll work
nz.iherb.com/Palmer-s-Skin-Success-Fade-Milk-Tone-Correcting-Body-Lotion-8-5-fl-oz-250-ml/39636
could anyone experienced give some advice?
thanks

damn can't afford that
guess i'll just never swim again

I've been using Clearasil and it cleared up my blackheads but now I'm having trouble with tiny zits. It's not pizza face levels, but they're just inconvenient. Is there an inexpensive face wash that can keep them at bay?

I have this things on both shoulders anybody know what it is? I have moth with that

i stopped eating gluten and they disappeared
Now i eat bread, pasta everyday and they showed up
You should do 2 months without gluten

A allergy in the skin? I will try user

i haven't seen doctor yet but it might be gluten allergy.
you will also lose some weight beacuse you are cutting carbs from bread etc. which is nice
I hope this will help you

how to deal with ingrown hairs after shaving? use after shave balm and everything, even shave in the direction the hair grows but my face still ends up covered in the fuckers.

I'd like to know too

>the sticky is very barebones for this topic.

I wrote a good deal of the skincare stuff, no it is not

It literally tells you everything you need to do in order perfectly you mook

Shave before you shower. Exfoliate and cleanse in the shower, like normal

Though you shouldn't exfoliate so much. Try not to shave every single day.

Exfoliate before and after. Half brown sugar and half coconut oil is a cheap easy to make home exfoliation. Brown sugar! White is way to harsh for the face

thanks senpaitachi

When I moisturize it makes my skin look really oily. Anyone know any good moisturizers that prevent this?

nooo don't put coconut oil on your face

use jojoba or almond oil

Im not really vouching for my routine, in fact id like to hear some recommendations but:

- really try to not touch your face, its pretty much a given for a thread like this though

-always wash hands before washing face, always wash your face in the morning. If youve got an itch just use your forearm

-avoid soft drinks and milk religiously

-every time I shave, I put the cocoa butter on my skin for the healthy

glow

-every 5 days, do a mud mask mixed with eucalyptus oil. Once its dry, wash it off with a constant stream of water, you can easily risk getting sore skin for a couple hours doing this. having something like a honey or egg mask feels kinda nice afterwards but ive just found it to be a potential open pore blocker. Again, cocoa butter has been most reliable, especially once my face was dry.

I tried snail cream for a while after the mud mask, but ive found the more I put on my face at any given moment, the more at risk I was to getting acne.

One thing I wouldnt mind asking help for is that I get some lumpiness on the sides of my face on occasion, I think its from sleeping. Im really not sure, it can go away within a few hours but I wish I knew what irritation was ocurring, washing my pillow sheets didn't change much.

Start using shampoo

Dermaroller, if you use it a few times a month after ~6 months there is a huge difference. They only cost like 15 dollars on amazon.

>nooo don't put coconut oil on your face
why not?

coconut clogs your pores, you're much better off using argon oil

its genetic ur outta luck. ur only real option is concealer or getting fillers under there~

im in my early twenties with combo skin and this is my routine. that donkey milk steam cream is kind of whatever tho, so any thicker moisturizer will do. also cosdna com is a really handy site that shows you the ingredients of skincare and rates their potential to break you out / irritate your skin. usually anything under 4 is okay for me. p.s. dont buy skincare marketed to men. its just watered down womens skincare with some axe smelling fragrance thrown in.

We needed a new picture for this goddamn thread.

Or just use an actual formulated moisturizer...

You may not be moisturizing enough, and it causes your skin to bump up your oil production.

Those sound awful. Coconut oil moisturizes, so I don't think it exfoliates. Sugar may encourage bacterial growth and cause acne. Use an actual chemical exfoliate, like a BHA, AHA, Vit A, or Vit C.

if it's discoloration, caffeine (applied on the skin, in a serum or something) will help

but some people have just thin skin there (like me), then not much can help if you're already sleeping long enough & drinking enough water

What's better for your skin? coconut oil or cetaphil, I bought the cetaphil initially and then read about alcohol memes and stuff so bought some coconut oil and started using that instead.

lift weights, eat more, multivits, drink only water/milk, don't smoke, get enough sleep

coconut oil is comedogenic which means it can block your pores and cause pimples
youre better off using non-comedogenic oils like sunflower or argan
pls respond

has anyone here ever used pic related?

do you have chest hair? Could be sweat/chafing.
do you also deodorise/perfume that area, i did that for a while (dunno why, just did) and got mad acne on my chest. stopped doing it and it went away.

i got some last week, been using it
haven't noticed a difference 2bh

yes.

mix with green macha powder + charcoal .

shits tight as fuck. you can mix with ACV but it might be to harsh on your skin

Dumb question, but what's the best way to exfoliate one's face?

I've got this tan on my forearms that won't go away, they haven't seen the sun in months. Are some tans permanent?

why are you being a bitch about it?

so what should i use man? cetaphil or coconut oil? i dont feel like buying anything else right now

How to get rid of red marks / scarring from my acne phase back in HS?

anyone here use bio oil on their face? I started using it instead of moisturiser and apply it right after I have a hot shower so my face is dry and I think it's making my skin tone more even and fading out small scars

how would one go about naturally lessening the definition of their tear troughs?

i never had them when i was younger, so i guessed my lifestyle habits caused them to worsen over time

bought some the other day, on a whim

still waiting to see what results ill get

what is a tear trough? are they those black lines under your eyes

lay off the heroin bro

One part of my skin is several shades darker than the rest, this is a skincare thread. Maybe you belong somewhere else if skincare frustrates you?

not him or have acne, but I trained my self to do it by listening to music or sounds with earphones on. the apple ones work best. plus it makes sleeping much more comfy. good luck

>I'm not sure if I have blackheads or whiteheads or whatever. But they're black dots on the side of my nose, not too much but visible up close.
When I use a pore strip, a few of those come out which looks like hair on the other end, as well as a few of the clogged pores (white, stiff substance). I also have small fine hairs on either sides of my nose (not on the actual nose, but the cheek part).

>I get oily often. Give me 5 minutes outside of my home and my nose and forehead become so shiny that my glasses slide off my face if I'm active. I use those oil sheets but not sure of I should go into using face wash products? I don't want to fuck up my skin that way.

>pluck under and around my brows so they're not a complete mess
>the tweezers I use don't pull the whole hair out; sometimes seeing the smallest black point/dot under my brows which really makes it evident I pluck them. Is this something that happens by tweezing or do I need better tweezers?

Recommendations for my issues?

Hemp oil is good for the hair and skin

black dont crack

Light face wash in the morning, and a light moisturizer like Aveeno or Cerave. Or just get better genes.

Acne red marks will fade in a year naturally. Just be patient.

caffeine can thin the skin I believe. Check is on scholar.google.com

Alcohol is only used to help it dry and absorb into your skin. Unless you are incredibly sensitive to it, the alcohol in the formulation should be fine. Try it and fine out.

Leave in an AHA or BHA

Pore strips can sometimes cause your pores to permanently enlarge, and the sebacious filaments it picks up are just going to fill up right again anyway. Using a chemical exfoiliant or something to increase cell turnover is a better approach to reducing the pore size.

Moisturize more to be less oily. Also, if you are using exfoiliants being 'oily' might be a sign that you are over-exfoiliating.

vitamin C, niaminicide, and using sunscreen also help speed the process. Laser treatments or dermarolling are more invasive/expensive ways, but they may help more substantially.

Most of the actual zits on my face are long gone, and it's pretty smooth by this point. But my skin tone is uneven as fuck, and I haven't been able to fix it. I've cut down almost entirely on dairy products since that seemed to contribute, but I can't get those final vestiges of redness out. Any ideas?

what are some razors besides gillete

Having acne is the worst. It makes me feel really sad sigh. Not even want to leave the house

>determine your skin type, do you have oily skin? dry skin? acne? it can vary for different parts of your face
>buy a gentle cleanser and moisturiser for your skin type, use everyday, preferably AM and PM.
>use an exfoliator in the PM every other day. If you have acne, use a BHA one, if you don't, use AHA.
>if you have acne: get benzoyl peroxide (BP), apply on acne in pm
>if you have persistent acne or not yet satisfied with your skin, use a retinoid, I use tretinoin.
>use sunscreen every morning (this is important). Can be incorporated into your AM moisturizer. Exfoliating, BP and retinoids can make your skin more suspectible for sun damage.

It can take a while for your skin to get used to all those things, so start out slowly, with just cleanser and moisturiser. Introduce more things slowly and as needed.

wont do harm to your skin, but its quite expensive where I live. I'd just use a good moisturiser.

this is retarded. Your clogging your pores with the coconut oil, and physically exfoliating with the sugar, which is just bad. Introduces way too much stress and damage to the skin. Also leaves skin prone to bacteria - and therefore acne, especially with coconut oil on the skin.

Just use an AHA or BHA exfoliator.

Sunscreen and exfoliation would be a good start, if that doesn't help use retinoids, like treninoin.

If thats not enough you can also use hydroquinone or another hyperpigmentation treatment.

I use a Neutrogena Sensitive Skin as a morning moisturizer

Thanks for the pore strips tip. I only wash my face with regular body soap when I shower. Been doing it since I was a child. I don't use an exfoliator or anything like that.

Any recommendations for a good aftershave balm and a clay mask (besides aztec)?
I hear kiehls products are pretty good, but any other recs are appreciated~

I got a cold sore, what do i do?

I live in a dry af climate and my fingertips are constantly cracking and bleeding, especially in the wintertime. Any advice on how to treat/prevent it would be great.

Pic related is my lizard-hand

Consider lactic/mandelic/whatever the fuck chemical peel from MUAC, its like $20 mayne. Extreme exfoliation, should help clear up some PIH and deal with acne scars.

A few months ago (3 or 4) I had terrible, rough, acne covered skin (not severe like the penny sized acne that covers the whole face but a bunch of small bumps and whiteheads for several years along with acne scars). I had tried everything, even doctor prescribed acne medicine but nothing had been working. Eventually I started steaming my face with a towel over the sink for about as long as I could stand to being under there and then following it immediately with strong apple cider vinegar that contained 'the mother', it cleared it up extremely fast, gave it a glow, made it the softest it's ever been and it's cheap enough to buy regularly. Would highly recommend it for people with (obviously) oily and rough skin since it deep cleans and gets rid of the oil.

One problem I still have slightly (that's been clearing up for some reason too but not a lot) are acne scars on the sides of my face. What are all the best recommended ways to clear them up?

Buy a better fucking pair of tweezers first of all, second of all try (steam and vinegar) and exfoliating around the nose only for blackheads.
Don't waste money and mess up your skin more on face wash products, they almost always fuck your shit up and it sounds like we have similar skin types, although clay (on occasion, not every week or so) might help unclog your pores, but remember to steam before taking it off so you're not causing tears in your face

how do i get even tone on my skin? i don't mind the acne, i've had it since forever and accutane didn't work so I'm living with it but I hate having a reddish face in the middle with the purple eye bags, of course all subtle but it still bothers me

Absolutely disgusting

Oregano commento

I have sort of oily skin and I want to make it look cleaner what products you guys suggest ?

my nose has this weird thing goin on where if i squeeze it, a bunch of little pimpes pop, its pretty gross...

any way to fix this and clean it out?

yeah I do it once a week with Apple cider vinegar and it works well

But what if hairs start to grow the next day? Is it just bad genes?

are you okay?

My mum gets this a fair bit in winter too. Best thing she's found it to moisturise frequently and wear gloves when possible.

does beer cause acne?

coconut oil or cetaphil guys?

what chemical peel product should i get if i have some acne scars and i get occasional breakouts?

no, it cures them

what are these spots on my skin

also what is at the top where its white

Don't. Be qt anime grill.

It's not cute.

This shit does literally nothing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

bruh i've had these acne scars on my back since I was like 16 and they haven't faded in the slightest despite regular applications of bio oil
I'm doomed

how the hell do we know you're not 17 hmmm

You don't but trust me when I say i'm 22 and throughly annoyed by the acne scars on my back. Doesn't help that i'm half white half asian so they look really dark

alcohol can. plus most beer contains gluten which is an inflammation trigger