/utg/ - urban techwear general

>What is techwear?
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality that enables breathability, water-resistance, comfort, etc. through the use of textiles and construction techniques. When you mention clothes a wide array of different designs will come to mind and it goes the same with techwear although the fashion community likes to lump technical clothing into this one look. This idea that it's a futuristic military style, but that's just not the case. Conroy Nachtigall a former designer of Arc'teryx Veilance explains creating technical clothing as:"It's not thinking about zippers is not thinking about seem tapes, not thinking about ... all these little elements. Those are all part of the end goal"

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
Help expand our new guide to Urban Techwear. Edit anything you see fit that will add value to the page. There's now a brand list to add to and reference:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Talk about Techwear on Discord
discord.gg/s58tce7

>Y-3 Sport A/W '16 Campaign
youtube.com/watch?v=aBnXq6XlTQM

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear
discord.gg/nzmXqJp
grailed.com/users/8676-mojorizin69/wardrobe
discord.gg/ggBWuZm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>jackets cost $1000 and look like what me granddad wears to golf
lol nah son

What's the most techwear-ish dog, if that makes any sense.

new to techwear, what are some nice hoodies ?

Hardly anything, acronym might have some, so as outlier. But hoodies made rarely and really don't have too many functions. If you kind find anything made of Merino just get it.

hoodies aren't really techwear but if you have to go with merino

Acronym SS-J2, J25-SS / J25-WS, J48-SS
Nikelab ACG Tech Fleece Funnel Hoodie
Mission Workshop Steppe
Outlier Doublefine Merino Hoodie
Icebreaker Quantum Long Sleeve Zip Hood

so essentially "techwear" is urban survival?

Blend in, not be a soft target? this thread might to better on /k/.

Carry a backpack with you at all times that has emergency essentials like a rain poncho, socks,phone charger/external battery and some protein bars.utility knife and Extra ammo if you carry a gun.

more importantly, it doesnt matter how functional your clothing is if you aren't functional yourself as a person. learn to run, learn to pick yourself off of ledges and get strong enough to pick others up.

I believe it's Veeky Forums because the goal is also to achieve a certain aesthetic or silhouette, but it's also kind of gimmicky, if you look at acronymjutsu videos. There isn't a particularly clear definition as to what fashionable tech is, considering the general's definition of techwear.

Personally, I think that what you're describing here is more practical/functional like you're saying than technical, but even there it's difficult to define what exactly would make techwear what it is, excepting an aesthetic coming from specific brands (acronym, Y3, nikelabs and the likes). Even then, maybe I'm a bit behind the curve and people already got it cleared out for them.

It's true though that it should reflect you way of being and moving, as techwear seems to be dedicated to a particular way to do things.

Sorry for the rambly post

>tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

Thanks a lot

Also because only the ninja is discussed on Veeky Forums
You don't often see the other kinds of look such as causual, outdoors or japanese streetwear

I get what this is, minimalist and utilitarian clothing but It's got a few glaring flaws within it's own design philosophy.

The prohibitive, boutique cost of these pieces will ultimately be it's own downfall. How utilitarian is something when you can't throw it away?

In these situations, you want a backpack, shoes and an outer shell that is functional, durable and ordinary enough that you could lay them out in your yard with some dish soap/detergent and hose them down.

You might not have two separate zipper tracks to allow for messenger bags, but that alone doesn't justify 1,200 euros for something you would theoretically wear in a disaster zone. You can always modify clothing to fit your needs as well.

Come over to the discord, there's more discussion on all kinds of techwear there.

My favourite brands are Mission Workshop, Finisterre, Sherpa Adventure and Smartwool.

I like technical clothing that looks like normal clothing, mainly because I want to have as small a wardrobe as possible.

Still need to find a backpack though. Gorucks are so nice but the lack of water bottle pocket and useless front pocket put me off.

Invite is expired

kys

discord.gg/nzmXqJp

Its not about minimalism (which as a artistic style is probably not what you think it is) or utilitarianism, which would take you into /k/ territory as you mentioned. Instead, it can be two things: either a futuristic aesthetic or an innovative approach to design or construction.
The aesthetic can be sporty (y-3), tactical (acronym) or clean (veilance), to name some dominant styles. Some cotton hoody can be called techwear when styled according to these images, although it is neither waterproof nor breathable or light.
On the other hand, the construction of a piece or its material can be innovative, like the veilance aramid blazer or the cut of a Throup pant.
Bottom line: techwear is neither straightforward utilitarian nor does everything have to be black cyberninja streetwear. It's artistic and experimental. It is definitely more Veeky Forums than /k/

grailed.com/users/8676-mojorizin69/wardrobe

selling p23ts-s in size M

and some jacket from guerrilla group size M too

>Bottom line: techwear is neither straightforward utilitarian nor does everything have to be black cyberninja streetwear. It's artistic and experimental. It is definitely more Veeky Forums than /k/

Those are opinions.

not that guy, but i don't understand why you hikewear spergs come on Veeky Forums. if you care for utility only, go to /k/

u gonna tell him to check his privilege now

GSD or maybe an aussie shepherd.

I own a czech shepard but I would have to say belgian malinous

w2c bourdain's cargos?

damn looks like the button is still sewn on poorly on new acg cargos. anyone have a pair to confirm?

Bought two different colors - can confirm.

w2c boots on guy

It may look like that but it actually feels quite sturdy. It feels like its bonded to the fabric in the back, and you might just be seeing the very edges of the favric around it fraying slightly.

one side of the button came completely unsewn on my cargos from last year. it still holds though. I'm wondering if I could have a tailor replace it with a normal button and reinforce the button hole somehow.

Discord invite has run out, could we get a new one?

discord.gg/ggBWuZm

>go to /k/
>A board named WEAPONS

For fucks sake newfriend. This is more /out/doors than /k/

But Techwear is a mix of fashion and utility, so it sits in a grey zone between the boards.

>doggo in sticky
stop baiting me! :(