/DIY/

I've had these boots for four years. Let's spruce them up a little bit, okay Veeky Forums?

Thanks for tuning in, folks! I hope they turn out well over time

>Putting the paint on so much that it's glossy

looks pretty sweet, I like the idea of the chrome coming through with time. Make sure to put some waterproofing stuff on them just to be safe. White laces were a good move.

Not OP but it's probably just wet lol

looks good - ccp-like.

>what is layering

That will fade over time
Will waterproofing stuff prevent the black paint from cracking or chipping though? That's the only reason I'm hesitant

You did a pretty poor job on the soles.

I'd think that the natural creasing in the shoe will do a decent amount of work, but maybe just wear them roughly around (inside) for a week or so to get the process started.

t. someone who knows very little about this so really do whatever feels good, its diy after all

NIGGS NOT WEARING WET PAINT SHOES WITH WHITE LACES LMAO

It's a little sticky because it isn't fully dry, but it isn't wet enough to come off. I put the laces on expecting some paint to rub off on them though, even though it didn't

did you want them to rub off or are you just impatient/cavalier?

How so?

tight

They're much drier today; I'm going to take them for a spin in the woods or something and report back later

might be the pic/gloss but it looks really patchy

You can see some patterns caused by the paint running a little bit, but the paint of the bottom is going to be the first to rub off so I'm not too concerned

I dyed these brown chippewa wedge boots black

and added these leather laces

Damn, really nice user! Looks fantastic, how'd you do it?

Checked btw

I like it

anyone know where I could find something similar to these?

cleaned the shit out of them with alcohol/water mix
3 or 4 coats fiebing's black leather dye
a coat of fiebing's resolene
and let them dry

They are a bit too shiny irl from the resolene. I may try dulling them a bit with alcohol.

I need a pic wearing them

V2 complete

Someone needs to gold leaf a pair of shoes or boots.

No, if you cake on paint to the point where it's that glossy then it's going to stay sticky for a long time.
Enjoy your shoes being covered in dirt.

boy if this was rick people would lose their fucking minds

Project 2 done and drying

Super color results! Might have to this to my old doc martins from 10 years ago.

I dig

w2c unpainted version?

Fucking sick

b. guud

Opinions on my phone case? I know supreme is a meme I spent 150 dollars on this shirt ironically

Paint comes in different finishes famalam

fat babyface and pudgy arms lmao

you did a really good job on this one

Actually dope user good job

Don't say that he actually has self esteem issues ask him about his reddit post