Let's get something straight, Veeky Forums

Let's get something straight, Veeky Forums.

Skateboarding seems to be noticeably accepted on Veeky Forums, especially as of late. There are threads devoted to skateboarding-centered clothing brands very consistently. For a young 17 year old boy just making his way onto Veeky Forums, tired of the clothing template threads on /mu/, it can easily seem like skating it widely considered cool and fashionable by the older and more experienced users on this board.

It isn't.

You are looking at an echobox comprised of dozens of kids as young—if not younger—than you. There is not a collective of wiser elders sharing your hobby and giving it the stamp of approval.

Here is a nifty trick for realizing how immature or mature your personal choices are: am I part of a clique? Am I one of the "skater kids"? One of the "indie kids"? One of the "emo kids"? If your clothing and personal choices conform to standards set in place by a minor culture like that, ESPECIALLY one associated with young children, that should be a red flag to you. You need to reflect on why you are doing it. You want to fit in. You want to prove yourself to others in the movement. You are conforming. Now everyone does this to an extent, it would be foolish to claim otherwise, but you are trying to fit in with a movement owned by children and grown men who are idolized by children. Whether you care or not, people are looking at you and laughing because they used to be one of you until they grew up.

(1/2)

(2/2)
There is one effay way to skate: to use it as a mode of transportation or recreation and SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT. Do not let it dictate your behavior. Do not let it dictate your clothing choices. Grow up and start working on a style you can call your own. You would not like to do that, that is totally fine, but do not try to claim that it is fashionable. Don't try to claim you don't care. You care. I know that for a fact.

Fuck skate culture.

You are not supported or admired or accepted outside of your echo chamber.

>why are you so upset about this, it's just a fashion forum
Correct, it's a fashion forum and I'm giving you my two cents.

ur underage and boring

Skaters, everyone

So your problem here is that people get on this "skateboarding clothing" bandwagon and you are triggered by that. And the part with personal choices... Man, Veeky Forums is full of kids who are in middle of puberty and being part of some group of people or being recognized by people as such is just a part of puberty. Read and study some human psychology and maby you'll learn something. And why do you have this problem with a hobby that dictates some peoples clothing choices.

The cool thing about skating is that I don't even have to be good and I could just roll up and get your bitch dripping. Look the fuck out OP because you just projected loads of insecurity.

If they're in the middle of puberty, they shouldn't be on a website that has a global rule of having to be 18+

>if you want to be part of a clique then youre an underage fag

> put value into what is accepted by muh elders

Fuck outta here

No woman worth fucking likes skaters.

The only woman I know that still fucks skaters is a roastie who will literally suck your cock for a half-microwaved gas station burrito.

Keep telling yourself that, the skating part is a plus but it's more about the inherent physical attraction they feel towards my body and a lot of women are attracted to fitness.

>but it's more about the inherent physical attraction they feel towards my body
So you admit it's not about the fact that you skate

Then they're not attracted to your skating, they're attracted to your fitness, you dolt.

The only women who fuck skaters solely because they're skaters are dumbass roasties trying to pull a Kim K, except their get rich qucik scheme doesn't work when a skatefag flunkie can't even heelflip.

I enjoy skating because it's one of my many hobbies I've cultivated while growing up and something tells me this chip on your shoulder isn't about skating in particular. So then here you are posting your opinion.

It's easy to tell you guys don't skate because there is a lot of style and finesse that you project when you skate. Similar to body language but you don't seem to be the type to pay attention to detail.

No there isn't.

Stop trying to pretend that skateboarding is a /deep\ thing.

Here, let me clarify
> "skateboarding clothing" bandwagon
I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bandwagon given how long it's been around for. I'd call it a subculture
>being recognized by people as such is just a part of puberty.
First of all, if you're in puberty and on this site you should stop posting. God knows I contributed nothing of value when I was underage
Secondly, I explicitly say that it's okay to be a sk8r dood when you're young. Most people grow out of it. But don't infiltrate an 18+ website and look for approval from those older than you to justify your clique, and realize that the only approval you're getting is from those just as young and insecure as you.
>>why do you have this problem with a hobby that dictates some peoples clothing choices.
Because it creates a void of personality. It's hard to be yourself and be comfortable with it, so these kids replace their tastes, language use, and clothing with a set of norms set in place by other people. I'd say the exact same things to those who wholly rely on Veeky Forums for inspiration and taste.

Jesus christ

I could tell you there's a lot more to skating than there is you playing dress up and feeling insecure with yourself then going out in pubilic looking like a fag and having people laugh at you.

The fucking hypocrisy the staggering

Do I really need to point out the difference between a physical activity and spending loads of money to look like you have autism? Which one takes more effort? Probably the latter for you.

Stop and think
Why are you accusing me of spending loads of money on clothes?
Why are you accusing me of dressing poorly?
The ONLY information you have about be is that I do NOT like skateboarding culture, whereas the only information I have about you is that you DO.

You are creating a strawman. Perhaps it is because you have no argument or you feel cornered. I spend a very moderate amount of my income, which is already moderate, on clothes.

You made that assumption on no grounds and your argument is based solely on it. Do you see how fucking retarded that it, my man?