Is "military inspired fashion" a real thing?

Is "military inspired fashion" a real thing?

It seems more like a way of /k/ fags trying to justify wearing military surplus in public.

I mean earth tone outfits can look good, but wearing a full "military style" just seems autistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

highsnobiety.com/2014/08/14/the-military-influence-on-fashion/
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FMUM290/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481514540&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=austrian combat boots&dpPl=1&dpID=31SNkng24rL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

army surplus stuff is inexpensive and high quality it only becomes a meme if you're wearing full camo like a globalist fighting /pol/tard gorilla warfare militia

Shia has some good milspo. Just don't dress like this and you'll be fine.

Newfag pls leave

Would cop that scarf in a heartbeat.

Copped this one recently, just 20 bucks with a nice liner

highsnobiety.com/2014/08/14/the-military-influence-on-fashion/
This

w2c?

I have a flecktarn jacket, I put a couple band patches on it. It's cool to style with all black/street type fits.

Only autistic if full camo and

I personally like things with really REALLY losely military inspired pieces, pic related

w2c boots?

They both look slightly different but im looking at german paratroopers
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FMUM290/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481514540&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=austrian combat boots&dpPl=1&dpID=31SNkng24rL&ref=plSrch

Local milsurp

I literally came to Veeky Forums to post this and its on the front page.

Anyine else notice more normies wearing olive green colored field jacket type stuff?

Depends on what you're wearing, in my opinion. There's a lot of different looking surplus on the market. A tan Gorka jacket is gonna look a lot different than a Flecktarn parka.
Not to mention more unique items like 90s night vision camo.
Just stick to one or two items (usually jackets, tops, or boots) that don't scream /k/ and you'll be fine.
Pretty much this. Avoid overusing camouflage patterns, as well as Velcro on sleeves or caps and flag patches.

this. one piece isn't that bad, but if you're wearing mil pants, jacket, shirt, boots, head/scarf all at once you're a joke

greg lauren is military inspired

milsurp is not high quality, but it is durable
durability is a factor into quality but not the single factor

Milsurp is not high quality lmao

Yeah idiot. Don't wear that. everyone actualy in the airforce will make fun of you. Plus it looks shitty without rank.

Looks Autistic. needs to blouse his pants.

if you guys want a military fit just get some cotton/nylon mix pants in earth tones, an od green long sleeve shirt, an "operator" hat, and some suede boots, with the pants tucked into it. Also get a ripstop belt if you can. parka is optional. Military AF

Oh ALSO if you do have any Milsurp or military gear, take it to a tailor, they come in a "one size fits all" type deal. They are made to be tailored to the Soldier. if your wearing super baggy pants or like that first picture you're doing it wrong.

TIL soldiers get a tailor

>Anyine else notice more normies wearing olive green colored field jacket type stuff?

This has been a fucking thing for years. Yup, undercuts too. Who would have thunk.

>anyone else more normies wearing camoflague stuff?

People who refer to clothing as "pieces" make me want to shoot my dick off

>durability is a factor into quality but not the single factor
What else would factor into quality?
> durability
> style
> fit
> ???

>They are made to be tailored to the Soldier
First time I heard of this...

That sounds like total bullshit. Uniforms are made in multiple sizes and lengths to accommodate every soldier without doing things like tailoring.

Do you mean like dress/parade uniforms, or combat uniforms?

That's been going on for years now m8. What flyover town do you guys live in?

I like this man, good cop

consistency is sizing (ie are the measurements of all larges the same or are there some chest with 1/4" too much/little)
quality of seams
stitches per inch
fabric quality
color fastness

& more i cant think of at the moment (this list intentionally does not include durability)

>Is "military inspired fashion" a real thing?
no it's not it's just your fantasy

Would "article" make you feel better?

>Everyone actually in the airforce

Good thing I'm not a burgerlander then ;^)

You walk into clothing issue and they throw shit on you. its pretty generic "one size fits all" they'll only give you things that fit on a base level, IE shirts fit your chest, pants fit your waist.

You then take your uniforms to the Tailor(they have one on every base) and they tighten the sleeves, pull the chest in for a better fit, alter length, and make the collar stay flat.

on pants they edit length, and bring the bagginess in on the legs. They can also add blousing to them (elastic)

But this is for All uniforms, from dress, to combat. Hats are the only things we are issued which are actualy fit to us.

It's warm, ill say that. Especially when you have the liner. Check to see if there is a laundry mark on it? It will be on one of the tags.

Yep, it's badly weathered though.

>TIL
>>>/reddit/

>everyone actualy in the airforce will make fun of you
it looks like a regular fucking bomber

How to look like a fucking skinny white bitch raised in an upper mid class family with a lixurious childhood, in the eyes of actual military dead inside people.

shits so fuckin unfair

t. welfare queen

Just got a couple of field jackets - should they be tailored too?

the man in your photograph is pro-welfare and anti-racist

>actual military dead inside people
noone cares about military dead inside people, kek

you're a special kind of stupid to have a faction war in 2016, kid

you're a literal redditor i don't have to take shit from you

Are kraut tankers effay?

what fucking planet are you from where every post has a tailor?

yes

Are you that man's mother?

looks like the one from movie paterson

W2c jacket

Thank you for your service

The guy makes these himself I think, either that or they're heavily modified

Then there are countless repros, search for hbt panzer wrap and pick one you like

I feel nauseous

its an SS panzer wrapper

the ones he makes himself are a lot slimmer overall

No, it's not

The SS placed the flap closer to the center, among other things

Brazilian former military here, is it okay if I use "military inspired fashion"?

Why wouldn't it be?

Plus isn't the original leather, or is that only the breeches?

Are there local gangs known for shooting people who look remotely like police or military?

I don't think the breeches are leather either, just a moleskin-esque fabric or something

I mailed Knoch on that some time ago and he wrote that he got it custom-made

I want to fuck Herrurst in a panzer tank

Honestly he probably would let you if you pulled up in a Panzer.

Jeez, sorry :(

I seemed to have already triggered you so whatevs, honey

>honey
are you a condescending tumblr girl now? go back to whatever website you came from.

The Nazis were the most stylish motherfuckers to ever live.
Godfuckingdamnit, why did they have to be such psychotic lunatics?

>quality of seams
>stitches per inch
>fabric quality
>color fastness
How does/can Joe Schmo see this stuff for himself?

joe schmo doesnt take that into consideration
and that's fine
a typical person has their own perception of quality, and it usually takes into consideration feel of the fabric, any visible defects like unintended holes, and fit
the usually take those against price and make their decision

now if you want to know how to spot a good seam, you're gonna first need to know the different types of seams, such as a flat felled--probably the one most people have come across because of jeans
seeing if a seam is good can be as easy as seeing if the stitching looks warped and not in a straight line

stitches per inch: depends on the intention, but usually you want a higher number

fabric quality: kinda hard to look for that, but simple things to watch for would be any puckering/slippage of the weave or knit, weight depending on application, fiber depending on application

color fastness is something you become aware of mostly after a wash, noticing whether or not the product has faded
but in store, if it's in the window display as one color, but much more saturated on a rack, means it is not colorfast to light

another thing you can look for is crocking
denim is the absolute worst and so crocking is never even considered when testing (when your white shoes become indigo because of abrasion with the fabric)

Up

No its the wehrmacht version

eugh
related

Aesthetic

Yet they have boots and jackets that survive decades of abuse when your overpriced designer boits barely last a season.

>wrapper

There were 3 versions, with various minute differences (angle of closure, collar shape, etc) and were made of felted wool and rayon: SS had theirs made in black whilst the wehrmacht versions were feldgrau
>I'm actually autistic enough to lecture on nazi panzer wraps on a mongolian printmaking board

But nazis actually were skinny white bitches
their military training included starving as much as it did shooting

>their military training included starving as much as it did shooting
Kek

I was wrong the grey wraps were actually assigned to gun crews, all tankers got black. Panzer crews also had a drab summer version probably made of cotton twill with a giant breast pocket, which is probably what knoch base his off of

Idk
Nope, small town

Wehrmacht is the angled closure, SS is the straight closure with rounded lapels

Is olive drab jacket and pants too tryhard? I was thinking of wearing them with black solovair boots.

Yes it's a thing, and I got burned out by the nurse at the hospital a week ago cuz of it.

I'm wearing combat boots and she asks if I'm in the military. I say no, then she snickered. Lol fuck.

Alone no, OD is perfectly fine for pants or a jacket.

But together? Yes, way too tryhard.

This is bait but Military stuff is rugged but low quality; the materials will be thick and tough but by no means comfortable or fancy, and rather than having well done stitching it will simply have more stitching. Also military boots are the worst thing in the world. I don't care what country you're from, I guarantee at least 95% of your military's soldiers HATE their boots because they're too heavy and/or uncomfortable.

>why did they have to be such psychotic lunatics?
That's a matter of perspective.

They actually call members of the wehrmacht "nazis"

Lol I live in Indianapolis. We're about 3-4 years behind.

Romney '12 btw

It should be noted that SS assault gun crews got grey versions as well, and that the skull tabs are actually army marks, to commemorate the Prussian general field marshal August von Mackensen and his black hussars

As an extra the black colour helped in the concealment of stains, which is also the reason why many nations issue their tank crews with a black beret to this day

And the cotton twill ones were to be worn over the wool ones to prevent damagw I think

He looks like Serbian rebel.

P A N Z E R

Any one that dresses like this and is not in the military should be shot

I have a dyed flecktarn and a POLIZEI bomber

Out of meme context, they're both great pieces anyways

This.
Surp boots are the fucking worst. That's why I wear my Salomon 4d quest 2 autist boots everywhere.

yes

I suppose this is the right thread to ask in. What military boots should I cop? I was looking at the Nike SFBs but I'm not sure.

>high school the thread

Did not mean to quote you. I have no opinion on SFBs, they look okay though.