I want to take up tennis playing

I want to take up tennis playing.

Are there normally changing rooms at tennis courts/clubs, or do I have to go to and from them wearing tennis gear? In either case, what should I wear?

I want to be traditional, but my ideas a little out of date.

Other urls found in this thread:

tennis-warehouse.com/Discount_Sale_Tennis_Shoes_-_Mens/catpage-MCOSHOES.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

autism
there's no general rule. just ask when you sign up

Why do people use the word autism to describe giving absolutely anything a second thought?

it's just a nicer way to say retard

literally socially autistic
just wear nike breathables or some synthetic shit that makes you sweat less
if you were actually interested in the sport instead of your preconceived ideas of its culture you wouldnt dress like in the photos you're posting

i'm not op
just dumping some prep tennis stuff

I don't dress like in any of these photos, and I am not the one posting them.

"Preconceived ideas" - a dirty word indicating "thunk thinks."
I'm sorry, user, but I will continue to think my thoughts until I'm all autistic'd out. I will even breathe with my mouth shut.

For people who play on the reg: do boat shoes offer a good grip or are they too loose?

literally just wear sports shoes you sperg

And breathe through my face hole, got it. You can stop giving advice now.

...To answer my own question, it turns out that many tennis clubs have an all-white clothes rule.
That would rule out my old boat shoes, and also Mr. Mouthbreather's Technicolor Dream Kicks.

Considering these.

What should I do in the shorts department? I don't even like shorts, but if I only wear them while playing I suppose I can tolerate them.

For the shirt, I guess a white lacoste polo.

But how common is this "uniform" really?

get help

You can stop giving advice now, don't sweat.

get help really

I command you to give advice.

because OP is overthinking a simple social situation

I am thinking about a simple social situation, and this is tying some people in knots.

If the rules allow it, wear a white tennis skirt.

Just a warning, as a tennis player, nobody wears "uniforms" or polos anymore. You can pull it off though, but you need some moderate skill...just showing up with expensive clothing gear etc. and knowing how to play is going to look pretty dumb

Also if you actually plan to start playing, you should pick shoes based on the type of court you will be playing on. Only use those shoes for hardcourts, using them on clay will destroy them

people will laugh their asses off at you

full rick obviously

just go to a sports store and pick up any decent looking clothes that say breathable

i play professional tennis
don't wear those shits
you will twist your fucking ankle dumbass

tennis-warehouse.com/Discount_Sale_Tennis_Shoes_-_Mens/catpage-MCOSHOES.html
buy whatever u can afford
i mainly wear the asics for the comfort for my feet.
Unless im at a tournament i train shirtless