What makes fashion so inaccessible as a hobby?

What makes fashion so inaccessible as a hobby?

Why is it so costly? a proper outfit with proper quality would cost many a month of their payslip.

Other urls found in this thread:

wgsn.com/en/
pca.st/zES1
99percentinvisible.org/episode/the-trend-forecast/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's inaccessible because 90% of it is completely out of your control even if your monetary resources are unlimited

>>Why is it so costly?
because your personality and taste is defined in a brand and nothing else

wouldn't Veeky Forums be able to answer that question better

Ask WGSN, not us.

wgsn.com/en/

pca.st/zES1

Ignore that shortlink. Here's a better link.

99percentinvisible.org/episode/the-trend-forecast/

1. Anything that looks good 99% is expensive as shit
2. Playing dressup is basically an anti-hobby on tier with video games

I dress well and put time into it, but I would never call it a hobby.

>hobby
Consuming isn't a hobby.

/thread

If you think fashion is a costly "hobby" i'd hate to see how you react the amount people drop on cars, boats, guns, etc.

and im referring to regular people not rich ones

>regular people
>boats as a hobby

Yeah, nah.

this is an 18+ website

>Anything that looks good 99% is expensive as shit

That's just not true though.

yes, it is. when you're no longer a teenager $100 for a jacket seems impractical

NO, this is not including thrifting, just msrp in general.

Yes, but something like a jacket will last a long time so it's really not that unreasonable to pay $100 for one. If you want to collect jackets, on the other hand, it could get quite expensive. But you can look good by investing in a few quality pieces that will last a long time.

>implying 99% of this board doesnt stop wearing shit once it becomes unfashionable

>$100 for a jacket
but that's cheap as fuck for a jacket, you won't get any quality at that price
if you aren't a teenager or homeless $100 is not a lot of money
I thought we were talking about $2k+ designer stuff and not low end mall tier garbage

Because you're a fucking idiot who buys fashion and not style, you shallow whore.

No, when you're not longer a teenager 100 bucks for a jacket either seems too good to be true or a steal 'cause you're a grown ass adult whose done growing so you can spend hundreds for clothing 'cause you'll be able to wear them for the rest of your life if they're good quality and you don't turn into a fat fuck

you can go back to r/mfa now

no need to try and fit in. bye!

>but that's cheap as fuck for a jacket, you won't get any quality at that price
Unless it's on sale or there's some price irregularity. Got a sweet Alpha Industries parka for 120 when I saw it listed at 250

or maybe people are actually interested in fashion and textiles instead of just "dressing well"