What style are you aiming for? Does it work? What are your problems achieving it?

What style are you aiming for? Does it work? What are your problems achieving it?

Mostly casual/""streetwear"". Baggy pants slim jeans t-shirts sweaters etc. everything mostly

The only problem i have is with the sneakers. Good one cost a fucking ton and trying to cop some recent ones in a nightmare

>trying to cop yeezys, fail miserably
>trying to cop space jams 11, fail miserably

slav disaster survirior
gosha rubichinskiy kapital usually what im dressed in

Basically still dick riding Hedi even though it's nearly 2017: wyatts, chelseas, couple mmm gats, old Dior / SLP pants, western shirts, vintage leather etc

>What style are you aiming for?
some described it as smart casual
scholarly and minimalist

> Does it work?
yes, it's perfect for uni imo. comfy and presentable without being to try hard
>What are your problems achieving it?
i have the shoe and sweater part down i just need to find some nice wool trousers

techwear, terrorwave, and casual street wear.
It works because they are all tied into each other and i can legit put on anything and still look pretty decent.

but its expensive and the amount of clothes is huge

a mix between postpunk, euro prep and club kid.

Part Hedi, part pic related

Pic related

i am so fucking tired of his face

i agree they are annoying and there music is very bland. desu i dont even like the way they dress thaaat much, its just the confidence they have when pulling off some really ridiculous fits is what i aim for in anything i wear

w2c shoes of man in middle?

that's Hannes Norrvide to you

bao is that you?

w2c shoes

Idk what to call it but pic related

Schoolshooter-core
Also bought a memetarn parka

what kind of style should I aim for based on my appearance?
at first I was thinking of going for that japanese comfycore look, but then someone told me i would look good wearing handmade items and #americana menswear, but I also like the style of the 60s new left/intellectuals and minimalist style
which would suit me tho

elegant goth / punk

>Does it work?

if I keep it subtle it will

money because I want the best of the best and it's too expensive

ID on boots?

lurk more

thats weird cant find them

he blocked me on instagram, I still want his shoes

slp
poorfag

steampunk/gay

You can harmonize all of those IMO

I try to avoid looking too generic; I aim for a certain style/aesthetic but stop just short of being stereotypical with it. I typically could be categorized as going for a wonder years-style pop punk aesthetic; skate shoes like vans, nondescript khaki/chinos, big sweater, snapback or beanie. I change it up by having more colorful pants that actually fit my weirdly feminine (shapely) legs correctly, and while I do have some vans, I typically wear Onitsukas.
When I'm not doing that basic combo, I usually wear raglans/ringer tees with a flannel. Pants stay the same. Pants are either skinny jeans or joggers.
I straight up don't wear "nice" clothes because I have the weirdly-shaped (not fat) body of a child and I am nowhere near rich enough to afford a tailor to actually get clothes that don't make me look retarded.

>streetwear
dropped

ayy

W2C JEANS

adidas la trainer

Something that involves brighter colors. Not on the level of bright neon stuff but simply a lighter palette. I've been eyeing Hysteric Glamour recently, their embroidered sweaters look very nice.

>Does it work?
Yes, I usually wear navy blue/wine/black/white/pine green stuff, mostly because they are my favorite colors and it's what I usually get for free at my local skate shop.

I usually spend hours checking different stores at the mall in hopes of finding something simple that offers the colors I'm looking for but no dice. If I happen to find something, it's plastered with graphics that look way too cringy to wear.

At times I consider sticking with my current style because I've received compliments from friends and acquaintances on my look (which honestly surprises me, I just wear whatever I have on my pile of clothing and search for something that blends with it's color.)

IMO go for the japanese comfycore look, you could also check the korean rooftop style. Your face reminded me of tofubeats, the guy looks good with just about anything.

Check JNCO, these guys are the fucking overlords of wide leg jeans.

>what style are you aiming for
post-punk and techno interest me-core

>does it work
I think it does

>what are your problems
not enough thrift shops in my area
living in a small village and not in berlin or london or whatever
living in the 2010s and not the 1980s

This but I'm 5'11", poor, and don't know where one would find pants that aren't levi's 511's.

>511's
what are u fat or something

a lil bit

>and don't know where one would find pants that aren't levi's 511's.
Internet, friend.

I'm in the Midwest and 4 hours away from any metropolis and still manage to get shit that fits me. If you're really desperate get some shitty h&m pants at your local mall until you can afford better.

Veeky Forums core

black parka (esp. dyed fleck) + sweater + black skinnies + combats is the Veeky Forums uni

I hate all these newfag skaters that can only no comply

They all wear the same dickies pants with vans meme baka

>every poster so far wants to wear some bland variant of monochrome streetwear
and this is why your site is dead

dickies knew they could make a killing by marketing cheap pants to poor skater fags.

I dislike trying to focus on one style so I try not to limit myself. I guess what I currently have is parts of both the Beams style and Jp streetwear. Features pictures and less of a focus on black and white. If I had to 'core' it then I'd call it observercore. Pic related is something of an example.
>Does it work?
It's pretty inoffensive
Finding pieces of clothing that I would wear frequently enough to justify buying that are not basic (e.g uniqlo). Most of these end up coming from Japan anyway because western stores are disgustingly overpriced.

German paratroopers

Are you wearing the paratroopers too? Where did you get yours?

I'm wearing the paras too, yeah. Got them off ebay. Though I usually wear them with german army trainers rather than the austrian paras just because it's a bit simpler. You can't see the top half well in this pic, but you can see the shoes.

Alright thanks man, my memetarn is coming in soon so i need some stuff to wear with it

I'm going for the sophisticated entrepreneur look. My friends and I are building a startup.

Not sure, I like dark earthy colours (brown, dark green, burgundy), usually wear a cotton shirt, waistcoat or cardigan and maybe a jacket, cord trousers and walking shoes/ boots. Hobbitcore maybe.

>Does it work?
It's basically how I've dressed since I've had to buy my own clothes, I think it works, and it's certainly comfy.

None really, most of my stuff lasts a while so I don't even have to spend much money long term.

Don't have a picture now and it's too dark to take one, sorry to anyone who might for some reason give a shit.

Going for that Vince staples style, pretty simple but I dig it

what do you think about something like this

>im a 16 year old suburban white male core

Singlemothercore

And I said to the horse, Why the long face?

Honestly, jap-chic is the ideal, but it's hard to find the right clothes.

>jap-chic is ideal

consider using those boots as fire wood

Ahaha

I think everything about that is bad.

I wear the same desu. It's not effay but never worse than average. It's just so hard to find clothes that are not absolutely poorfag-core or mainstream.

bukowskicore
>Does it work?
I wear my bathrobe all day and rarely leave the house

a u t i s m

yohji

you sir, have an adorable cat :^)

that guy looks like a neanderthal

you could do better

Cosycore
>Does it work?
Kinda
Need more comfy clothes.

I think i've shrinked, i'm not digging the simple but good looking aesthetic, not really fashionable, but looks (and feels) like it's so easy to move in it and not juvenile but not too serious. My music taste has shifted too.

It feels good. I'm almost proud of myself for being like this. I like this image. Just white short sleeve button downs, black pants, black shoes (preferably mono chucks or superga), and Veeky Forums and /mu/. I like the kind of self i'm embracing right now.

And like if i can monotonize the Her (the film) aesthetics, that would be my aesthetics too. Her is too colorful for my liking, but the quietness and chillness is on par with my preference.

Jap comfcore

Technical Dark Prep

slowly gravitating towards earthy colors

I haven't started reading any books though. I'll start with 1984. Then some non fictions.

ignore the name i was roasting someone

knew someone with an autistic fixation on jelly shoes
she got them wore them twice then threw them on a highway overpass
not even once

how would I look for shoes on left?
specifically the messy lip/flat looking toe area? is that just wear?

quite literally me, I will never ever stop

Fashionable punk with streetwear influences.

Does it work: For the most part.

Problems: Retards for the past few years such as the ones on r/streetwear, instagram, and even here sometimes who have minimal knowledge of aesthetics and fashion in general and want to appear unique with supreme, yeezys and other recent adidas drops, over-layering, etc. What's worse is as these people quickly find things I do to implement incorrectly into their shitty style it becomes harder and harder to remain as I am without being grouped into their kind.

pls be in australia

Slackycore most the time. Hitting an experimental stage. Picking up pieces that are kinda weird to see I guess. Also been doing a lot of DIY lately. Mixing all this with my thrift finds, ideally tho there are a few designer pieces id like to pick up.

>Does it work?
Yup! Get compliments from people all the time.

need moar money to splurg on pants and shoes