Best entry level "real" boots?

Best entry level "real" boots?

Other urls found in this thread:

jcrew.com/uk/mens_category/shoes/ruggedboots/PRDOVR~B0760/B0760.jsp
amazon.com/Chippewa-20080-M-Apache-Lace-Up-Boot/dp/B004TK2RPS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not those

super entry level? Timbs.

If not, buy some old redwings secondhand and read a guide on how to take care of them.

Wut u guys think of these?

dress boots
they look good, versatile, acceptable, are of common origin (the original version of boots not intended for a specific purpose), you can hide them under pants and fool people into believing that you wear just dress shoes, or cuff the pants and show them off

I have these.

They're pretty nice, holding up after a year. Looks pretty decent; but Veeky Forums will call me a faggot for endorsing timbs.

the brand has been ruined by nigs but these dont look like timbs so its okay

Also how do they fit? r they comfy? also can u move well in them?

i have those, they are pretty old now, maybe more than 4 years old. Nice boots, comfy, sole is pretty small now as i walked a lot in them.

also yes you can move easily with those, they are very light compare to doc martens as example.

They're the best white people Timbs.

How loud are they? Do they sound like high heels?

>buy some old redwings secondhand and read a guide on how to take care of them.
Not OP, but dunno where I'd get a secondhand pair. Are they worth getting a new pair?

I'd like a pair of boots that look like these but are black and have some tread on the bottom. Anybody know where I might be able to find some?

Wolverines
Red Wings

$200-$400 but you won't need another pair ever again.

What the fuck is entry level? Do you level up the more you wear something?

In reference to price range. Entry level is typically when you start spending a few hundred dollars on a piece where the quality starts to become very apparent.

Remember, single pieces of clothing can cost thousands of dollars.

GOAT. goes well with anything and are actually pretty rugged

second this

red wings have superior quality

but if you don´t have the money i would go for cheaper blundstones

Love my blundstones, but if you're gonna get them, get them soon. They're gonna become a meme soon. Also, I've heard that the rubber degrades in warmer, drier climates and starts flaking apart. I've had no issues though (but I'm in Canada) and they're holding up great for me through heavy use. Red Wings are nice but the soles are too soft and will wear down quickly if you wear them a lot. Bludstones are Super comfy too right out of the box, unlike RWs that take a lot of time to break in and are painful to wear during the process (blisters, etc.)

>They're gonna become a meme soon
I heard that they already became a meme with certain rock stars wearing them

Who was this? Anyways, they're definitely picking up speed among the effay people at my uni, so I reckon about the end of this winter or the start of next fall is when the majority of people will latch on to them. Luckily they're minimalist enough to go with almost anything, and expensive enough to stop most poor people from getting them, but still. If you want em, get em before the year is out, imo.

I like these. Just copped pic rel. Was thinking about getting redwings. I really like the idea of them lasting a lifetime, but the look just doesn't do it for me. I know these look more 'NY nigga', but I guess it's what I like.

anton newcombe for example, the guy in the front,
he also promotes the shoes via his twitter account and has a lot of followers that imitate him

i like these

shit looks like real life sketch

Nobody has ever heard of this faggot and those horrendous looking boots will never be trendy

Chippewa Apache

Can anyone post pics of how these actually look?

never heard of anton newcombe

lel, git gud

kek I feel bad for you

how they look when they are old

Anyone know any boots that look like chippewa 20070s?
In the UK. Would rather not pay 60 odd quid to get them into the country.

>2017
>brown leather

btw Veeky Forums how should I wear my pants with these? tucked in or cuffed up?

look good either way

ayo hol up
*smacks lips profusely*

there are a lot of black milsurp boots around, but are there any brown fashionable ones?

Neither

anton newcombe is a lib faggot that mimics artists he likes rather than creating his own music

>Doc Martens
>Timberlands
>Red Wings
>Wolverines

If you can't afford them, buy used ones or get a job.
no reason to buy boots for around 100 bucks. they are shit and you will buy a new pair too soon. Red Wings for about 320 bucks last you years and that way you safe tons of money.

why

This, I know they're "expensive" for high school students working McJobs but Red Wings and Wolverines are pretty low priced, especially when you compare them with some of the sneakers that are popular around here. You're getting a lot of value for your money.

$300 pretty much is an "entry" level price. even $1,000 isn't really getting into the great stuff.

>You're getting a lot of value for your money.
The only thing you aren't getting is a pair of boots that actually looks good. Which is really what most people on Veeky Forums wants. ( i think)

Can you post some of that good stuff?

i guess we were talking about his fashion-style rather than his music. also name one musician that genuiely created something from scratch. i think every musician has his influences.

influences? he literally copies entire styles from other bands, starting from his MBV cover album to his Rolling Stones cover album, and his Beatles cover album, and his Bob Dylan cover album

so? he just fucks with the formula and recreates stuff that he likes. its the spirit of postmodernism if you like and and a very eclectic way to achieve things, nothing wrong with that. saw them twice actually and their live shows are pretty awesome.

how is it eclectic at all to make a bunch of late 60's/early 70's greatest hits albums? he acts like a total dick as if hes some rock visionary and releases crap album after crap album. Their Satanic Majesties might literally be their only good album in whole, even Thank God suffers from 30 minutes of intellectual masturbation with that "fire song" at the end. Maybe Take it from the Man! is alright as well, but considering the discography volume I'd say he's done poorly and goes beyond "hit or miss"

>somehow being even more pretentious than Anton

yeah maybe he´s acting a little over the top, but he never sold out and one of his greatest accomplishments is that he owns the rights to all of his released music. so in a way BJM is one of the last real independent bands. the band has made an huge impact over the last decades, though i totally dislike the rise of washed-out neo-psychedelia these days. get over it, he released a couple of good music and now he can do whatever he wants, just like the beatles did in their prime.

jcrew.com/uk/mens_category/shoes/ruggedboots/PRDOVR~B0760/B0760.jsp

Need basic winter boots, cop these or not?

I've read that these suck in ice and snow, that they're more slippery than expected. They look better than the iron rangers tho

why th fk r they all pointy upwards

Has anyone fucked with these?

Teva Durbans

cop or not?

>430€

way too expensive

looks aight

if you want Chelsea boots they aren't a bad option

What color solovair boots should I cop?

black

Are manlets allowed to wear boots?

N-no bully pls

Tucked in

like a fucking tradie cunt

Boots are literally the best kind of footwear for manlets
Can even stick shoe lifts in them so people dont mistake you for a child

I just want to be sure that my feet won't look bigger than the rest of my body.

Who makes less ugly versions of this? I just want a chelsea that isn't suede and isn't really pointy.

Anything besides RM Williams?

i'm 5'9 with size 13 feet and any boot i wear i look like a fucking clown

i also look like a clown with chucks because they are so long and flat

anything to hide my big ass feet?

shut the fuck, you ignorant fuck. maybe you never heard of him cause you have shit taste in music.

These fall apart. The tongue tears immeduately. Dirt gets in through the tongue.

Thinking about copping pic related. Anyone have experience with them? I'm kinda skinny so I'm concerned about having boats on my feet but I don't wear super slim jeans.

another pic. red wing moc toes in concrete

I like Red Wing but I don't want to lean too heavily on the Americana workwear schtick because skinny hipsters look retarded when they play dress-up as real men.

They look great, but those heels look like they'll make shitload of noise when you strut in them.

Can anyone recommend some light brown, mid-length boots? Timbs make you look like a nigger or construction worker and Chelseas make you look like a twink. Budget is around $300.

Chippewa Apache Lace-Up

amazon.com/Chippewa-20080-M-Apache-Lace-Up-Boot/dp/B004TK2RPS

Anyone got the Chelseas? Black is 173, brown 203 rn, worth getting the brown?

How shitty are these really? Will it last one winter?

>Americana workwear schtick
For real imo this schtick is lame as fuck. Very rarely do i see good fits with these kinds of boots

I don't know the brand but i am pretty sure these will last you a few winters

Don't you see the pictures ?
They are at least 4 years old, they don't fall appart. WTF are you talking about ?

rockport is payless tier t b h, just cop some (((black))) timbs

Mines soles came apart when I left them in the car. And the tongues tore immediately at the seam.

Mine didn't last for shit and they sucked to actually walk outdoors in because gravel always got in.

I normally wear skate shoes and jeans and a knit sweater. Looking to upgrade my style since i'm not a teenager anymore. How do i into boots without rolling up the hems like a faggot?

Get a new pair, they break in to fit your own feet. Second hand boots is gross too.

that strange.

>rolling up the hems
what does this mean?

I actually attempted to walk somewhere other than concrete and asphalt in them.

Agreed. Still like the boots though, just not sure how to fit them into a respectable wardrobe.

Bought these because I wanted the dorky Danner Mountain Lights but can't afford them. These ones aren't as dorky anyways. Acceptable?

for what? hiking? yeah
for everyday wear? fuck no, theyll only stand out negatively

also why ask AFTER buying them? could it be you know you made a big mistake but hope someone tells you otherwise?

woof those are bad

aka "folding your jeans"

*bending

Docs are probably the best bet in terms of look/comfort/durability for the amount you pay.

*wrapping

any particular models stand out from the rest? or is it more of a personal aesthetic choice

Been working a seasonal job with UPS as a package deliverer to stay off my ass and I wear pic related. I like the black timbs and they are starting to look cool with wear from actual work.