Rick Owens/Julius Inspo

I'm a fan of Rick Owens/Julius type stuff, but I find it's kind of hard to wear those sorts of stuff, especially the pieces that are essentially statement pieces (crazy jackets, stuff like that) without looking extremely edgy, like, not in a good way. I know it's not just me, either, we've all seen Rick cosplays and stuff that don't quite work.

>pic related, I guess, though the top half of the fit is pretty conventional to begin with

Other urls found in this thread:

redbubble.com/people/adamnuggett/works/24439139-vegan-french-fries?asc=u&p=leggings&rel=carousel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah but a fit like that makes most people look ridiculous. Rick makes it work, but then again, he's Rick.

i think these look horrible, but maybe my taste is just to basic.

If I had to guess less than 1% of Veeky Forums knows what julius is. A reasonable portion will know who Rick Owens is but not outside the 'clownshoes' and 'dressing like a final fantasy character' jokes

besides knoch and trunks there weren't many posters into julius in the first place

I think most people have an idea of Julius
but it's just so expensive there's no point in looking any further into it

who the fuck doesn't know julius

Wasn't Julius closed in 2013 or so? Remeber reading original designer left or something like that.

Julius is way cheaper than rick though. Pretty decent starting point for getting into high fashion

You're stupid. Julius is more / the same price point as Rick.

>t. I wasn't on Veeky Forums circa 2013

You're insane if you think Veeky Forums userbase is the same as it was 3-4 years ago

You don't know what you're talking about, Julius is cheap as fuck for the exception of some leather garments

Remember when Julius gas mask cargos were a meme?

RO for: tees
Julius for: Leather Jackets/Bombers/Suits
RO for: Sweats
Julius for: denim/jeans
RO for: footwear

wrong.

pic related is techwear you moron and low top ramones are the new basic rick shoe/geomemes

i wanna buy geobiskits but i dont wana get beat up IRL

So many people forget how the Julius team basically always rips off the trendiest pieces Rick did 3 seasons before them

naw.

Nilos -- the orignal name of Julius brand was doing allthis shit back in the 90's. niggas just slept on it because it was exclusive to japan.

excuse me, NUKE. bbs is a take at RO i'll give you that but boris admits it. no biggie.

Which other brands beside Julius can work/have similar style with Rick?

You should probably stop buying japanese brands from western retailers
julius is way cheaper than rick you retard

Proxy sites aren't cheaper too. You save like 100-150$ max. but price is still high due to customs which can't be avoided when price of an item is so high.

Are you retarded? Get a proxy that will mark the product down
Thats your first issue

Second is a apart from leather and gasmask meme pieces julius is like 60k yen max

Thirdly the second hand market for julius is nuts the ammount of pieces i have been to able to get in bnwt condition is insane

Im not into julius anymore but its always been dirt cheap adnd doubt thats changed in the last couple of years

Is this knoch or trunks on the right? Knoch, right?

Hm thanks. Any particular sites besides Global Rakuten I should look at?

Which size should I take for Julius when I wear S in Rick?

not the other anons but youre wrong. julius / rick is similar in price idiot shit head

Go away troll

They don't look that weird on feet

wow this is a really good fit

does anyone know the pants and/or jacket?

of course its knoch

Its a shit fit for larping faggots

Guerrila group

Kind of, except when checking resellers on Grailed, Julius is generally cheaper. Though they are quite close.

For the dark aesthetic
Damir Doma
Dgnak by Kangd

I like particular Julius pieces and looks but so much of it feels like cosplay stuff to me. Huge boots and leather oiled to the point that it looks like wrinkled plastic or something. I'm fascinated by the techniques and the looks he achieves but so much Julius seems unwearable without, as op said, looking edgy in a bad way.

nah
MA Julius, Tatsuro's secondary line (not really a diffusion; more like drkshdw is to rick), was closed this past year in order to launch the new line Julius Nilos
mainline is still active

I've always found BBS to be more inspired by Damir Doma than Rick

Damir Doma
Boris Bidjan Saberi
Leon Emanuel Blanck
TVA
some Ria Dunn pieces

Knoch with Tatsuro Horikawa

doesn't work that way
both Rick and Julius pieces are extremely variable from style to style and season to season
old rick fits much smaller than new rick for instance
use measurements

I the yohji yamamoto and ann demeulemeester go with rick well if u do it right

Jacket stone island
Pants guerrilla group

Adding to Not really 1:1, but similar dark style and some of pieces look great together.
>Ann D
>Alexander Wang for more casual dark pieces
>CE for dressing down
>Andrei Plohkov
>D.Gnak

>Dgnak by Kangd
>>D.Gnak
This is the first time I've seen D.Gnak encouraged on Veeky Forums, the only other time was when I brought it up and people were calling them gook H&M Rick Owens ripoffs

Quality is pretty good and price is low.

Bbs is a straight rick rip off lmao has nothing to do with damir doma

>thread about julius inspo
>circlejerk insues about Veeky Forums's userbase

Both those brands are shit

Damir hasn't been good since he sold out

Designs are shit
Designer is a hack

This is how far fa has fallen

Soon they'll be recomending greg lauren

Julius cargos are my trouser grails

wear with a white shirt tucked in and 7-10" black leather boots for that clean, Veeky Forumscist look

>clean, Veeky Forumscist look
Looks more like an autist than a facist.

What did Rick mean by this?

What's so bad about Greg Lauren?

I wouldn't wear a head-to-toe Greg Lauren outfit, but some of the pieces are pretty cool.

w2c

Some Julius inspo..

you can preorder the SS17 walrus version on a few websites like his own but it retails around 1k.

Overdesigned derrivitve trash that costs thousands of dollars for no reason

How do Rick's denim jackets fit? TTS or size up?

It's true that they're expensive, but as the pieces themselves, they're fine.

d gnak is a fucking hack though
are you actually listening to thing fucking moron who is recommending alexander wang and cav empt?

you ever look at his most iconic pieces?
bbs leathers are incredibly influenced by early DD
maybe you're only familiar with doma's recent stuff, which has taken a different direction

>what did you mean by this?
are you implying rick was somehow ripping off julius by releasing a slim cargo pant?

overdesigned, maybe
expensive because he uses a lot of rare vintage fabrics and there's lots of hand finishing to the pieces

Oh I shouldn't have said "only other time", I didn't mean to say I was supporting D.Gnak as well.

Cav Empt is okay though as far as streetwear goes, though it's still kind of obnoxious

Greg lauren apoligists please go

I think it's shortsighted to call CE streetwear and lump it with Supreme, Stussy and other similar brands.

Yeah, I'd wear some CE stuff but I avoid Supreme like the plague.

I don't think I'm really apologizing
more that I understand why he charges a lot
not saying it's worth it unless you're really into his style

>I think it's shortsighted to call CE streetwear
But that's literally what it is, why is it 'shortsighted'?
To be honest I don't udnerstand the meme that CE goes with Rick, there are like few fits people wearing rick shoes with ce shit and suddenly they are compatible as brands? CE goes as well with Rick as any hype streetwear thing, fucking techninja brands go better with Rick than CE does.

>meme that CE goes with Rick
I haven't really seen a lot of people post that

It can work but it (re)interprets Rick as streetwear to work, and that doesn't really bring Rick to its full potential. It's kind of like how rappers like ASAP Rocky wear Rick, it kind of takes the avant-garde power away from it.

> that doesn't really bring Rick to its full potential
Literally just string of words that mean absolutely fucking nothing. What's "full potential of Rick"? Something you decide on?
I'm not saying you can't wear CE with Rick but there is no synergy, you can wear H&M and Uniqlo with Rick and look great, the point is the brands are from 2 different worlds and the aesthetics and the brands are totally different.
Lot of people seem to be parroting how CE works with Rick for some reason.

Geobuiscuits w2c

I bought this Julius coat recently.

Usually I try to dress low key, but the materials were fantastic and I got a 50% discount. Do you think it's too loud/autistic? Thoughts?

>Do you think it's too loud/autistic?
That's literally everything in this thread. If you can pull it off it's dope, if you can't it's the absolute worst kind of cringe, the kind of cringe you spent thousands of dollars on.

The only advice I can give is to commit to it, throwing on a single piece like that with otherwise normal clothes looks terrible. You've already thrown all normal concepts of silhouette out the window, you need to roll with it.

>You've already thrown all normal concepts of silhouette out the window
But it's a pretty standard silhouette for a thick winter wool coat IMHO. The hem is a bit wide, but so are a lot of normie parkas.

Oh and the scarf is detachable. The models shown actually wear it in a retarded angle. I wear it with the upper in a horizontal line.

>just string of words that mean absolutely fucking nothing
>there is no synergy

Pick one

i'm size 42 in geobaskets. what size would i be in mainline ramones?

Seriously?

>not going full anarchy

desu no cool

clean

These leggings are pretty slick senpai
redbubble.com/people/adamnuggett/works/24439139-vegan-french-fries?asc=u&p=leggings&rel=carousel

Subtle troll is subtle

are geobaskets tts? im usually a US 11 so idk

overdesigned trash

The fuck are you even talking about

>overdesigned
What does 'overdesigned' mean?

>t. Swedish minimalist cuck

I wear CE with my Rick a lot of the time. Some of the more low key CE jackets and pullovers work extremely well due to muted colors and an exaggerated oversized fit that is remiscent of some DRKSHDW items. It's a really cool combiniation of brands imo.

i actually like dgnak
derivative maybe but some original designs

and damir doma is mostly boring right now but the shoes and mykita collabs are still pretty cool

>i actually like dgnak
Me too. Looking at ssense there's a bunch of stuff that I would buy (but probably never have the chance to wear) because it's discounted so much.

You can't say that "full potential" means nothing when you're saying shit like "no synergy"

Both of them equally make sense, or are equally stupid.

Any fits/inspo of this?

>You can't say that "full potential" means nothing when you're saying shit like "no synergy"
Yes I fucking can, read the post you retard, I was criticising how the faggot posted how something doesn't 'use rick to it's full potential' which means fucking nothing when you don't define what the 'full potential' is and even then it's completely retarded thing to say because there is no defined 'full potential' that exists in the first place.
No synergy just means the brands are entirely different in aesthetic, you CAN wear fucking Gucci with Rick if you want but the brands are entirely different and there is very little common ground with them.

Just wear Ramones/Techrunners with some CE meme top like every other fuccboi

The only reason why "no synergy" can even be considered an unwanted thing is that certain pieces work better in certain ways/contexts. So they have potential to do certain things, but not others. Saying "full potential" has to be defined is fucking retarded when anyone with half a brain realizes that pieces can be worn well or not well depending on the fit.

Are you retarded, or what?

Man, I see your point, but it's kind of autistic to focus so much on the idea that full potential has to be this singular thing. Like, Rick's pieces are made with a purpose, for example, with ideas about avant-garde and silhouettes and so on. You can either work with that or work against that. You can disagree with it, but saying it doesn't mean anything seems kind of stupid and shortsighted. It's like both of you are saying the same point, but he just worded a little differently so you're just sperging out about it for no good reason.

>So they have potential to do certain things
Again, you have to fucking define what 'potential' means in the context for this kinda shit to make sense, and he was talking about "full potential" which is straight up retarded fucking thing to say.
>pieces can be worn well or not well depending on the fit.
That's what I'm fucking saying, you CAN wear fucking any brand with Rick and make it look okay if you are good stylist, that doesn't mean the brands you are combining Rick with have much common aesthetically with Rick, so there is no 'synergy' with the brands.
'Potential' is dumb fucking term for morons who can't properly express what they are trying to say.
And read the discussion, the original use of the word was fucking retarded in every way
> it (re)interprets Rick as streetwear to work, and that doesn't really bring Rick to its full potential
Who the fuck defies what's the "full potential of Rick" the faggot in question is talking about 'full potential of Rick' like it's some common well known plateau that people just unconsciously sense or something. I don't know what he meant with that exactly cause he never explained what he meant with 'full potential' means in the context. It would make more sense if he talked with terms anyone can understand instead of using vague as fuck definitions that don't really mean nothing.

Hey man, the "full potential" of a piece depends on the piece. It can work in some ways, and not others. You can look at a piece and see how it can be worn well, or style it in ways that don't. And that's because a piece has potential to work in certain ways and doesn't have potential to work in other ways. So when I said full potential, I meant recognizing what that piece was best suited to do, and wear it that way. For example, if you take a crazy avant-garde piece but wear it in a streetwear context (like a Kanye ripoff might do), you're wasting its potential. That's all I meant. You're being way more butthurt than you need to be right now.

Though seriously,
>'full potential of Rick' like it's some common well known plateau that people just unconsciously sense or something
makes you sound like you don't know how style pieces. If you have a piece and any kind of aesthetic "sense", as you say, then yes, you should be able to "sense" what the best way to wear that particular piece is. Or at least, a good way to wear that piece.

I think you're disagreeing with me on the idea that there's one "best" way, but that's not really what I meant, though I do maintain that certain pieces have certain potentials. Like, a Supreme hoodie just isn't a good avant-garde piece. A crazy Rick jacket is. You can, of course, style that crazy Rick jacket into a more standard looking fit (like with Lanvin pieces, for example). Even if you're making that look decent, it's a piece that had the potential to express some avant-garde tendency, but you've suppressed that. If you're going to suppress that, you're probably better off with using a piece that was meant more for that kind of non-avant-garde aesthetic in the first place. That's what I mean. You play to your strengths.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing, but you're being super autistic about the fact that I said "full" potential.