perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Jeremyfragrance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING/USING PERFUME/COLOGNE.

Burberry London or Brit for a date?

Male Ubermensch philosopher here, new to fragrances
Looking for a cold, icy, zero-bullshit-tolerance background with a spicy, intense punch that leads the scene and imposes itself
Looking for a predominately winter/snowy scent but open to variations for all seasons
Price range under 150$
Prefer darker haired girls
Capricorn (if that helps)

Five Rasasi fragrances arriving today.
Here's hoping for some pleasant surprises.

Invictus

Neither are "date" scents anyways

Secretions Magnifiques

Also would like to add that I'm 22 and looking for a fragrance that would give off maturity and youth
Woody, aquatic, oriental fragrances I would think have a special appeal to me based on my current impressions, would also like to dabble in fruity scents and whatever else works well in combinations
All recs and much appreciated

is it normal that molecule 01 only lasts for about 3 hours

fucking sandnigger

Is the old formulation of ch men sought after?
I got an almost full bottle from like 09-10, it has good longevity and sileage, but I dont really care much for the scent

hi i just want to give you a heads up, if you ask for a frag recommendation and you paint yourself as this badass edgy dude, nobody is going to take yourself seriously

especially with terms like 'prefer darker haired girls' and 'capricorn'

just say 'i want a serious scent, male, 22', the rest is unneeded bullshit, but even that doesn't give us a great description since we don't know what fragrances you already like.

educate yourself, lurk, ask the right questions

Spicebomb?

>Ubermensch philosopher
>Looking for a cold, icy ... with a spicy, intense punch
>Capricorn
Drakkar Noir for you, my man.

Top 5 Dior frags in order.
Go.

what are some atmospheric, surreal frags with a prominent lavender note?

DH intense
J'adore
DH
Dior sauvage
Dior poison girl

Cool Water by Davidoff

fuck off

this post is literally Veeky Forums's userbase in a nutshell.

>maturity and youth

>wear BdC EDP to work today
>multiple girls brushing up against me all day

this shit works huh

quek'd

how much did you spray/and where? I find that it doesn't project that well for me

1 on each side of my neck, one on my navel

it doesn't project much for me either, but I walk a lot around our building and it leaves a nice scent trail

Does L'homme smell like old person?

What do 20 year olds smell like?

Which version of Tom Ford's Black Orchid should I buy? Eau de parfum or the cheaper eau de toilette? What's the difference?

try sampling them?

AdG Profumo or Allure Homme Sport?

What do you boys think?

Profumo

l'homme definitely doesn't smell old, very youthful and fresh in the opening and then dries down to apple pie

Only ones I own:
Fahrenheit
Dior Homme Cologne (2007)
Eau Sauvage Parfum
Dior Homme Intense (2007)
Dior Homme

Where does Dior Homme Parfum rate on this list?

Being a top five list created by one person, it doesn't, by definition, whether I had tried it or not. I haven't tried it, though.

Sure, thanks for the heads up bro

oh boy mohammed again. go rub ur ass with yasmin.

Why are you green texting this?

What are some subtle perfumes that attract girl most? Age range 18-24

girls*

fucking hell

kek'd

I never use fragrance, but I'd like to try something mossy or...woody. It should represent where I'm coming from (pic related). Any ideas?

One Million, your horny nigger.

Also this guy always reviews the "TOP TEN PANTY DROPPERS THAT WILL GET YOU LAID 100% GARUENTEED"
youtube.com/user/Jeremyfragrance

Why do all kebab smell of body odor if Arabia has such a storied history of perfumery? Did Muhammad do this?

Did a quick google search and it has something to do with Muhammad only wearing attar, musk, or essential oils on his beard, and that his followers did not wear any fragrant oils at all. Also that a man should freshen himself on Friday, so I guess devote Muslims only shower and apply fragrance on Fridays.

what do u think of acqua di gio?

Jeremy says not to get one million because everyone wears it tho, and hes kinda right

Overworn and people will think nothing of it
The profumo version however is something different. Try before you buy

i think we're gonna need dick pics and your credit card information as well

Where can I learn more about creating my own scent?

Real brief thoughts on some Rasasis, sniffed on paper (not worn on skin yet):

Rumz al Rasasi Zebra - this is trying to be Aventus in a very Club de Nuit Intense sort of way. The top notes are not as sharp and lack the chemical cleaner lemon. Overall it is much closer to CNDI than to Aventus itself. Looking for an occasion to wear this on skin for proper full-day evaluation.

Rumz al Rasasi Crocodile - this one is clearly shooting for Sauvage, and I pick up the peppery ambroxan right off the top. There is a bit more fruitiness to the body and it is not dry feeling like Sauvage, but this is definitely close. I don't know whether it's better but I'm optimistic about this one.

Would Alien be appropriate to wear to a Christmas dinner, or would it be too heavy?

My favorites are dior homme, valentino uomo amd jil sander absolute. Can you recommend something new to try based on those? Thanks!

Rumz al Rasasi Leo - this one is nice. Lightly oud-y with resins and spices. Going to need a few days with it to really pick the composition apart, but that there is a good amount to digest in a $30 scent is encouraging.

Daarej - sweetly woody vanilla juice. In the direction of a Givenchy Gentlemen Only type of scent but less incense and no citrus. I wore it on skin to bed last night and it was gone by morning, which was a bit disappointing.

DHI and uomo intense

I should have said I have intense... I cant get away from these, espcially homme and just find myself buying the same every time.

Trying to get perfume for my sister for Christmas. I'm looking for a general all-year round scent that can be worn to parties, that's basically it. Long lasting would be plus.

Any suggestions?

dior poison girl

Wonderwood

Whatever complements your aesthetic the most. Wearing overpowering meme scents to inappropriate occasions will definitely not get you laid. I'm sure One Million will get mad white trash poon at some lame night club, but you will look like a huge tool wearing it to a uni lecture for example, especially if you're not some handsome guy like Jeremy Meme to begin with (you're not). TdH is another good example of a Veeky Forums meme that is just simply not appropriate for 95% of Veeky Forums audience.

>Male Ubermensch
"6'5" lanklet"
>philosopher
"freshman philosophy major"
>Looking for a cold, icy, zero-bullshit-tolerance background with a spicy, intense punch that leads the scene and imposes itself
"please help I only chose this dead-end major because I heard it's easy to get girls here but SOMEHOW I'm still being ignored by them, please give me a frag that will get me mad pussy"

What's the effay opinion on HUGO Dark Blue? Could pick up a bottle for under $20.

DHI DHP Tuscan Leather or Uomo Intense?

sample them. imo DHP or uomo intense

I'm thinking leather & white chocolate base notes, maybe a drop of cedar, although I'd be worried that would make it too complex, and citrus peach head notes to validate my Alexander complex.

What should I do for mid? Orchid maybe to bring it all together with a sweet earthiness? Or is my shit all retarded already? I don't really know what I'm doing.

*citrus or peach

why are spring/summer frags so shit compared to fall/winter stuff? what are some scents that work in the summer that aren't just DUDE CITRUS / AQUATIC LMAO?

Floral, green, or a light wood. L'homme, philosykos, tam dao. Etc etc etc

You could say the same for fall/winter fragrances and how they're just DUDE SPICY/WOODY LMAO.

Also
O D E U R 5 3

>odeur 53
>what is performance
lol

Some sweet musks can work in warmer weather
I agree though that most typical summer offerings pale compared to cold weather fragrances

Because you're not looking beyond your comfort zone or fashion houses.

Some summer favorites:
Kouros
Guerlain Vetiver
Havana
Terre d'Hermès

maybe put on like one spray the morning of, it's pretty fucking heavy

hypnotic poison is my fave gourmand and is pretty well received
fresh citrus scents are a little boring but always a safe bet Pomelo Paradise from atelier is great 4 that

>Terre d'Hermès
Don't care for the rest of the fragrance but I LOVE the resin note it has

What do you think about CK One RED? Is it worth it?

>be me
>reasonably attractive and muscular
>start researching fragrances for fun after not wearing any for a few years
>try out all of the jeremy fragrances like YSL la nuit de l'homme and invictus, no compliments
>use Versace PH, married woman tells me i smell like her husband
>try out creed and chanels (this is all just from sneaking into stores spraying and then going on about my day), no compliments or even comments
>remember i used to get fucktons of compliments from wearing pic related in high school and order it from amazon, thinking it's going to be some juvenile teenybopper shit
>it smells even better than it used to
>go out to get food, overhear two girls saying something like "mmm it smells like a man in here"
>go study in the library at my school, this girl comes and sits at a computer 2 spots away from mine. a few minutes later she's inching closer and eventually pretends her computer isnt working and moves to the one next to me

so is this just skin chemistry and i've found a scent that works for me? or are a lot of people overthinking fragrances thinking they need to be extremely complex art pieces in order to be anything worthwhile

kys

Skin chem

Obligatory Invasion Barbare.
Aside from Wonderwood, try Norne and Encre Noire.
Thanks a lot, user. It's very nice of you to take the time to write these, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the breakdowns.
Try the Prada Infusion d'Iris line. Also LIDGE, Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels (there's another Bois d'Iris but I had never heard of it, it's by The Different Company). All iris perfumes which are present in most of your perfumes.
You seem to like leather, too, so try Bvlgari Black and also Dior Fahrenheit (though the latter has been reformulated), and then delve into some niche leathers.
Most people will compliment scents they have smelled before because untrained noses won't recognize fragrances in the air. That, and you probably oversprayed since your nose was already used to this fragrance.

interesting, so you're saying that more novel scents are less to be noticed and complimented than more common ones? would've thought it was the other way around. Not overspraying either, I just do one spray on the neck and one on the chest under my shirt. For lighter fresh scents i'll do two on the neck and one under the shirt.

It's basic psychology, really, since scents are memory stimulants. Think about women's perfume for you: if a perfume smells like something your girlfriend wears, won't you be way more likely to notice and compliment it than if it were something nicer but completely unknown to you?

>in here
>2 spots away
If people are smelling you from this far away, you put on too much. Being attractive is great in many ways: add getting away with wearing too much fragrance to the list. I only tried it once years ago and found it syrupy synthetically sweet and didn't care for it, but it certainly could be skin chemistry.

Help.

Invasion Barbare sounds a tad too formal, I'll try it though. Looking for something "naturalistic" or wild around the edges.

Happened to me today actually smelling jimmy choo woman. Didn't say anything though

Leather and white chocolate sounds good.I would do peach over citrus. Maybe blood orange though. Can't really comment on the orchid.

Okay lads I'm getting a special someone some perfume, pretty new to this type of thing but the short list I'm thinking; Gucci Parfum ii, Victoria's Secret Forbidden/Bombshell & Ck Obsession.

Any ideas on which one to avoid, or if any of these are killers?

dior poison girl

Obsession will make you smell old.

What does Veeky Forums think of this? Cheapy but goodie or just crap?

All of the Perry Ellis fragrances are cheap (albeit decent) imitations of others.

anything perry ellis is shit. red is mediocre.

profumo, good sir

>All of the Perry Ellis fragrances are cheap (albeit decent) imitations of others.
So 360º Black fM is an imitation of...?

When someone asks for a cheap but good frag, this is one of my go to recs. It's in the same tea, leather & vanilla ballpark, sweeter than Bulgari Black and drier and not as powdery as MiP.

Never actually smelled 360 black, but I've heard it be compared to fragrances like D&G The One, YSL La Nuit, and Burberry London because DUDE SPICY LMAO.
Red is straight up Acqua Di Gio though, and Blue is a poor imitation of Drakkar Noir.

It smells nothing like any of those to me, and none of those smell anything like each other. The nose is such a funny organ.

I actually prefer 360º Red fM to AdG. Can see the similarity, but I'd hardly call it a clone. Never smelled Blue.