Flecktarn Dyeing

I just got mine in the mail and have rit dye on hand, the only problem is the patch, it seems fairly difficult to remove and im worried it will rip or the jacket will. How can I remove or cover it up before washing machine dye

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S10143294)
warosu.org/fa/thread/S9189668)
warosu.org/fa/thread/S11942691)
warosu.org/fa/thread/S11962154)
varusteleka.com/en/product/bw-parka-flecktarn-surplus/1155?qref=bw-parka
grailed.com/users/8220-kai/wardrobe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mutilating one of the sexiest camos

/k/ hates you.

seam ripper dumbass nigga

Do you have the balls to use spray paint?

Spray paint the jacket?
The problem is that the patch is really tightly sewn in, seam ripper could possibly destroy the jacket

Yea i feel a bit guilty considering i bought from kommando store, not sure i could pull off the camo look though.

mine came out pitch black using 2 packs of simplicol velvet black. Had a tailor take off the flags ahd the patch beforehand.

Just use precision with the seam ripper and quit being a big bitch. I ripped a few seams and yanked the patches off and the jacket is fine. Dont be like and pay for a simple task.

Did you reattach them afterwards? Or if i want them reattached shound i just cover them up with tape or something and not bother removing

I didn't reattach the patches but if you're gonna do that then you'll have to sew them back on.

You people are using fucking tailors for this?

Use a god damn seam ripper, even my shaky hands did it with no problems

didn't reattach either.

what the fuck is this meme?

somebooty sexplain dis shit

I just used a knife on the patch, just take off the corner threads and the rest should peel right off.

Just bought one of the /k/ store, what dye and how much to still have the pattern come through?

can someone post instructions on how to dye this?

You aren't gonna find specifics on how to dye these. You're just gonna have to go through a gradual process to get the amount you prefer. I hear good things about rit and dylon dye although im sure dylon is stronger since it's concentrated powder rather than liquid.

Im going through the whole process tommorow, patches and dyeing. If you want, and if this thread is still alive i can post my process

I used a full bottle of black Rit and half a bottle of navy blue Rit and it came out just as it looks in the inspo pictures

where do you guys get your parkas? I want to fit in with the cool kids

Kommandostore

Anywhere that sells them. Not like they're hard to find

um, what is with dude's leg

??

That would be cool

Just dyed this with one pack of dylon, i think i fucked up. shits half as bright instead of being black

>dying it pitch black
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
The meme was dying it to the point the camo was still visible not completely black reeeeeeeeeeeee

pls

(warosu.org/fa/thread/S10143294)
(warosu.org/fa/thread/S9189668)
(warosu.org/fa/thread/S11942691)
(warosu.org/fa/thread/S11962154)

w2c that jacket? Or similar.

Just makes it better, really.

kommandostore

These are my results after one 8oz bottle of Rit (black), I used hot water in a bucket. Just enough to cover the jacket. Stirred a few times a day for 48 hours. Hand washed then machine washed (warm/cold).

I wore it out twice now and think I'm going to dye it once more (same amount of Rit, less time) the pattern is still too pronounced- to me it just looks dirty in the wrong light.
>dies anyone have experience waxing it? I have Greenland wax coming in the mail.

Looks perfect, but that's just me. Any reason you used a bucket instead of a washing machine?

2 packs of dylon washing machine dye

Would wearing such boots work if you're a 5.6ft manlet?

W2C if living in UK? Dont want to pay £26 shipping.

I paid 10e to ship it to France

varusteleka.com/en/product/bw-parka-flecktarn-surplus/1155?qref=bw-parka

God I'm an idiot

Thrifstshops. I´ve seen shitloads of german milsurp in british thriftshops, dirt cheap, too.
If you´re in the London area, I´ve seen tons being sold in the Camden Locks, too.

Only to let it soak longer, it was suggested by someone on amazon reviews to get more out of the dye. Instructions for the second dyeing option calls for a sink, same principle. If anything, it just keeps you from having to clean your washing machine.

>Just redyed with a second 8oz bottle of Rit, 1.5 hour soak time. rinsing it now, will post pictures when it dries.

This thread again. Okay.

Here is my own dyed parka. Did not turn out black but instead a really dark blue. Pattern shows well and overall I find this to match the liner and other milsurp color palettes pretty well.

One packet of Dylon and 400g of salt in the bin of a front load washer. Place parka on top of the salt and dye. Put on delicate cycle with hot settings. After it's done with the full cycle, put on a rinse cycle with some detergent.

Hang the parka to dry, and put the washer on a final rinse cycle to clean any possible left over dye. After the final rinse cycle, use a bleach soaked rag to wipe up remaining dye on anything inside the washer. None of my clothes afterwards got dye on them.

nice senpai

Alright, OP here, just used a seam ripper to rip off the corners then cut the patches free, about to start dyeing process, if anyone wants me to post what i did and results let me know

It's been done a million times, man.
We're good.

paid 15 quid including postage for mine m8, ebay

I'm considering sizing down on the liner an am willing to trade away my current size 7 liner for a coffee, asking 2.50 usd + shipping from Germany.
Anyone interested?

i hope yall arent serious about taking the parka to a tailor to get the flags removed. its so easy. just hit it from the back

How warm is the liner?

works okay at 0 deg C here.

Here it is

It turned out more even then last time. Overall I'm satisfied, could've been a little darker, but it's fine.

>going to wax next will post pics.

Here's one of the patch areas people seem to be having so much trouble with. I used a knife and it came off it 10 seconds.

Take the nametag off, it looks very off

Waxed

Only one layer, double on hood. Probly will do more layers.

What's the point of waxing it?

waterproofing, also looks pretty cool. did the same myself

darkens the pattern a bit, blurs it just the slightest. gives a slight sheen to the fabric. stiffens the fabric a bit, so it wears differently.

I'm going for a heavy wax finish, it's going to take some time but I think it's worth it.

who has inspo

Didn't reattach them because I live in germany.

selling mine if anyone is interested, I'm 5'8 with 39 inch chest

Why are there constantly treads about doing the same thing to the same jacket while actual diy threads die instantaneously

You fuckers are absolutely vapid
>knoch pls take me I don't want to be here anymore

>waaah why don't I get any (You)s
(You)

No but I have the balls to get these dubs

Exactly how warm is that liner? Thinking of copping one for my dyed Wustentarn parka.

Yes, I am interested for that price. I'm in Belgium, so that should make it easy in terms of shipping/customs.

Let me know if you're actually getting rid of it.

Id like it if Veeky Forums had more diy shit too. I'm the user that posted pics of dyeing/waxing here. I found there was a lot of talk, but no one actually posted what they did AND what they attained. Most of my diy is uninspiring shit like reattaching buttons, removing patches, and darning, but I'd like more inspo. Recently tailored some boot cut thrifts into something I'll actually wear out.

I live around Chicago, so it's been especially cold recently.

I've worn the liner over just a t-shirt around in 20 degree weather pretty comfortably, It's not the thickest liner I've ever had but it works pretty well. If you're dipping to the negatives I'd say it would start to be ineffective without more layers.

Problem with this board is that DIY is considered to be pretty plebian.

Parka dying is considered as 'meme' and not something genuine. It's not fashionable to spend very little money to make something old into something new.

So the DIY part of this board isn't big whatsoever. Just the fact that dying is so simple keeps these parka threads alive, but sewing or trying something unique? Yeah, you'll probably have one or two people who would put in that kind of effort.

You could combine the parka dying threads into a DIY, but it would just be overshadowed by parka dying completely.

Also, Knoch was too good for us. Veeky Forumss proverbial Christ ;_;

I make stuff, I'm just too lazy to post pics

It is considered plebian? Oh? The amount of effort looks like a more sensible threshold.

You need to use RIT dyemore dye. I used graphite dye on a drab coat and achieved a dark blueish color. With black and brown stripes.

How about I post it on my grailed on Dec 28th by 19h CET (assuming my new liner arrives by then)?

grailed.com/users/8220-kai/wardrobe

Postage seems to be 9 eur from what I can see online.

message sent

I dig the dyed blouse but the overall fit is a bit of a mismatch

The results are in, it's black as fuck and still has the camo pattern.

Price? Location?

So you want to reattach the flag after? Why?
Looks best with the flag also dyed black imo

>mutilating one of the most mass produced camos in the world

uk, how about £30? Cheaper than the dye and jacket together

If it's £30 shipped I'll probably grab it.
What's it's Bundeswehr #? Mail me on 0xzebra at gmail.com

I have no idea how the fuck you guys haven't got black. I only used one dye pack and it is completely black, I actually wanted the camo to slightly come through but fuck it good enough right.

Was hoping it would come out like thisalso it might look like the camo is coming through just a little, but thats my shitty phone camera making noise

I live in a hot place, but it gets kinda chilly from time to time.

How heavy are these when worn with a shirt? Appropriate for 70F weather?

it's kinda heavy, but - it comes with zippered slits in the armpits that help with ventilation.

They barely keep you warm without the liner, in cold weather you have to wear them over a nice sweater

You should be fine

>70F
in normal units pls

>wanting a less specific temperature unit based on water when we don't live in water
>not wanting a unit based on the human body and land temperature

You can have metric weight and distance but FAHRENHEIT IS BEST

Anyone tried replacing the German flags with different patches?

I'd love to see the results

what is the point of these threads? this is just another way to be uncreative

Nah m8, if you live in the UK C is best, our temp is about -5 to 25C (winter to summer). Its just easier and more convenient for us to go from 0 to 15 (which it usually is) as opposed to 30 to 77F.

Also fuck metric. feet and inches is where its at...mostly.

how do I even find my sizing for this shit. My chest measurement is 34" and a height of 71". Do I roll with a 6?

Theres like 18 or 22 sizes. This isnt a full list

I know. But these are the ones in my height range, which is why i cropped the rest out.

Yeah that would be prefect for you but if you want the parka to be shorter I'd suggest sizing down on the height. Assuming you're 6ft tall, the length will end a little more than half way past your thigh.

I'm 5' 11" trying to get a fit like the OP. Should I size down on height then?

Size down on the height and you should be good.

Thanks guys. Ended up going with gr2 so I can actually layer with this parka without it being too tight.

Yours has perfect color I'm trying to achieve, whatsoever many packs of dye did you use and what brand and size were they?

Probably should have gone with gr7 desu