/skin/

After washing off BP in the morning (applied at evening), my skin stays red the whole day.
Is that normal?
I'm okay with it, because most of the time I'm at home, but when I need to go out, it's a problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment
skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G
neotericcosmetics.com/essential-renewal-gel-10-aha/
thebodyshop.ca/en/skin-care/facial-exfoliators/tea-tree-scrub.aspx
laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Sensitive-Skin-Cleansers/Soothing-Toner-p801.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try using nair instead of bp, works wonders for me

Just picked up Seacret facial cleansing mud.

Did I get scammed?
The only skin care products I have access to is this and cetaphil, any tips for how to get the most out of it?

the fuck is BP? and why are you using it?

Anybody here ever use BB cream? I got uneven skin like damn it's crazy. Been thinkin about coppin BB cream and bein a real fag about it, but i'm worried about break outs from it.

any reccs? maybe something medicated that will actually help my skin tone while covering?

benzoyl peroxide, my guy. like first line for acne.

sounds like cancer. better have that checked out desu.

NARS tinted moisturizer my nigga. Doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything. You need to really slather on BB cream if you want full coverage for some problematic areas. You're better off using concealer for these areas.

You're basically wearing make-up at this point.

YO I'm here to second the NARS tinted moisturizer recommendation. Coverage is sheer and gives your skin a new dewy, buoyant look. $44 price point may seem steep, but the product lasts quite awhile; I got my last tube in July and am just about finished.

i talked to this femboy who used that stuff and he had amazing skin, so yeah that'll probably work

Only use the BP spot treatment. Don't put on your entire fucking face man, it'll definitely get irritated if you do that.

you don't need to leave the bp on your face for the night for it to work

just let it be there for 15 minutes and wash it off
it still works and doesn't leave your face as red

oh, and remember to moisturise

Ayo covergirl, maybe you should head over to /lgbt/ dere

Kek

Things you need to clear your skin

>Stop using topicals,they fuck your Skin Ph
>Accutane
>Caveman Regimen
>Quit dairy
>Quit Junk Food
>Quit any food that has a high glycemic index

Lol wut

>these creams will alter the pH of your skin
what is with this psuedo scientific pH acids alkali health bullshit thats saturated the market recently

BP is just an active ingredient in a lot of cleansers right? Or are you like, applying directly? Sorry for the stupidboi question

and this is why i dont bother using any skin care crap

Vit C serum and Hyaluronic Acid are basics in skin-care.

Help:

Wtf do I do about keratosis? It's gross and I've tried a bunch of shit that had no effect on it.

What's a good facial moisturizer? Some spots on my face get flaky.

Sebacious filaments, how can I clean/shrink/get rid of them?

why the fuck would you be ok with a skincare product making your face red? the whole point in skincare is so your skin looks good, if it's fucking red then it isn't fucking working is it? Christ some people

Your probably allergic dumb ass

no you dumbass, it's normal
especially if it's 5% or more

BP comes as topical treatment at varying strengths (2.5, 5, and 10 percent usually).

It's also put into some cleansers.

BTWwhat strength are you using? you never need higher than 2.5%.
clinical trials show 10% does just as well as 2.5% but 10 will dry you out (aka cause irritation that might make you red)

I'm getting annoying acne since I quit smoking in October

anyone has experience with this? how to get rid of this "quit-acne" faster?

btw generally my skin has really improved after quitting, if not for the pimples on my chin and after-acne traces it would be perfect

Anyone had any experience with Avene products and are they any good?

your skin has a natural pH level, disrupting it causes it to feel dry and tight

things that can disrupt your skin's pH: bar soap, soaps not meant for the face, 'hard' water, aka water with minerals in it that affect your skin's pH

there are products/lotions you can use to restore your skins natural pH when it's disrupted

What's a good, cheap, anti ageing cream, The bigger the better.

i've just accepted my skin will never be normal

I'm tried dermatologist regimens, they worked but it came back, i eat healthy, wash my bedding frequently, drink nothing but water. No one in my family has or ever had acne, but my skin is just fucking terrible and nothing works

fuck everything desu

accutane? Also post pic maybe you're just over reacting.

>tfw keratosis pilaris
I will never be effay

You try changing your diet? Might be having a reaction to certain foods like dairy.

Accutane, accutane, accutane.

Literally, LITERALLY changes your genetics. It should be mandatory for all teenagers to dose on accutane.

SKINCARE GENERAL STICKY
(copypaste in first post)

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

>Literally, LITERALLY changes your genetics.

first of all, you're probably trying to refer to genes - and not the study of genes and heredity.

secondly, it doesn't change your genes. it just kills a certain kind of cell.

hey guys im about to cop this for myself, anything else i should grab from amazon/iherb for my PIH and mild acne?
also, just anything in general i should grab from amazon since i dont order from there very often because i live in new zealand?
thanks

It's called SPF. Use it religiously.
Also Vitamin C15 and a good BHA (Paula's Choice is good) are great to reduce whatever signs of ageing you already display.

Was on accutane for about 8 months around a year and a bit ago. My lips are constantly dry, not as dry as their were when i was on accutane but like, i always need lip balm with me and it's annoying af. Anybody else experienced this after going on accutane? Any ways to stop it?

Hey Veeky Forums

I would like to know what I should do if I want to tan this summer. It wouldn't be long just 30-40 minutes as I have fairly light skin and am prone to acne. Also this is a bit of a side question what should I do about acne scars?

/skin/ lurker here. I would really appreciate any feedback on this routine as a starting point! I've been patch testing for a few days with no issues so far. My face is fairly acne-free, but I am hoping to treat back acne.

AM:
Apply Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser to face. Rinse.
Wash back in shower with PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash, follow with normal bar soap. Rinse.
After drying off, apply Red Stridex to back. Wait 20 minutes.
Moisturize back with CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
Apply CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion PM to face
Apply Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46 sunscreen to face

PM:
Apply Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser to face. Rinse.
Apply Red Stridex to back. Wait 20 minutes.
Moisturize back with CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
Apply CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion PM to face

hey dude must someone really wait like 20 mins after using stridex to moisturize?
why is this?
thanks

I've seen multiple people say they wait about 10-20 minutes after using Stridex before moisturizing so it has more time to work into your skin. The salicylic acid in Stridex is self-neutralizing after 10 minutes or so. If you don't have the time in the morning, moisturizing right after the Stridex dries should be fine.

causes irreversible hair loss in some, dude. Don't be a fucking pharmaceutical shill. Change your diet so you can look and feel healthy

i see
thanks for that

I'm debating this or the Klairs blue tinted sun cream. I'm not sure what skin tone to go with for NARS.

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm a 28 y.o. guy and I never used anything to take care of my skin in my lifetime. Now that I'm getting older I start to notice fine lines and that's why I'm here. I've never really had any problems with my skin, never had acne, pimples rarely, the nly problem with it is that it's kinda dry. I've read the FAQ, but it's very general and I don't really understand why I need certain things. I've ordered Vitamin C serum from amazon and so far I've got good results with it. Also I have basic mosturizing cream (is there any difference between day and night ones?)

Can you please suggest a basic skin care routine with explanations and examples of products? Why do I need a face wash if I'll use an exfoliator daily? What's astringent? Do I really need to buy sunscreen? And do I moisturize and then put some sunscreen on right away? Won't my face be an oily mess?

Can someone recommend some products to make my skin clearer?

I currently use cetaphil as recommended in the sticky

I drinks lots of water, eat very healthy, change my pillow often, wash face twice a day, moisturise (cetaphil again) before bed, low body fat, etc

Any help? I'm desperate

seems ok desu?

try using a BHA product

Cool. Photo probably isn't the best, more obvious in the light. Doing everything I've said has helped clear up a lot but I'm 23 now so its frustrating that nearly all of my friends and family have almost perfect skin from nothing. I used to use alpha hydrox but they've run out on Amazon and its hella expensive everywhere else.

Are these products the same?

Which cerave for back scar hyperpigmentation?

People say PM but that's just for the face.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE STICKY

neotericcosmetics.com/essential-renewal-gel-10-aha/

They've changed the name

TWICE the price in the UK reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the pores on my nose always get dirty as hell, how do i fix it?

Currently on week 3 of using Bio Oil on my acne scars

My right cheek is noticeably improved, but left cheek is a big more severe with the scarring

Stop eating ass

Thanks

I got rid of my acne, but still have some red spots/inflammation that get more prominent when it's hot etc.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of these faster or is it safer to wait for it to heal naturally?

Tried toners/cleansers?

October is too far back for this to be stress from withdrawal imo, it's probably something else causing it.

See a derm, but in general moisterize, sunscreen and avoid overwashing.

put it on your fucking face? what kind of question is this lmao

i have been using this a few times a week.

thebodyshop.ca/en/skin-care/facial-exfoliators/tea-tree-scrub.aspx

i found this in the bathroom, could it be any help? i'm not sure how to even use it

laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Sensitive-Skin-Cleansers/Soothing-Toner-p801.aspx

What will minimize my pores?

Why are you recommending British Horse Racing and an e-mail validation system?

Those aren't cheap and there isn't a lot there