Whats your honest opinion on jordans Veeky Forums?

Whats your honest opinion on jordans Veeky Forums?

And by honest i would also like something more than

>lmao nigger shoes

I find it amazing how this board can deny them in every sneaker thread when they are pretty much the most popular sneakers in the world.

100% dependent on the colorway
this year i only got space jams, didnt care about the other releases

Ok here is the real response, i have never seen a jordan outfit that don't look like shit, they messy the pants. Jordan don't have the same effect as Vans (for example) that look good in pants because they don't altere the pants.

Also only good jordans are 1 and 11 OVO

*wearing some massive fucking Jordans look like clown shoes and go halfway up my legs*

These are culturally significant you pleb

I always thought the OVOs looked nice too

i wish people would talk about kanye's jeans in this fit... i've never seen a pair of light washed denim that looks as good as that

Aren't those the APC collab he did but distressed?

All jokes and memes aside they really are a cultural thing

All Jordans are basically unwearable for most people except for all white / all black colorways, and there are literally dozens of other shoes I would prefer to wear in monochrome

I suppose for some it's a way to show their idea opulence

I love 6 maroons, but that's about it. p much hate every other pair of jordans.

they're iconic no matter what ur skin colour is

i love 1's and 3's
miss wearing contemp streetware but now all i fuck with is haider ackermann and guidi

You mean that crappy Jordan that sat on shelves everywhere is better than the AJ1 Shadows/Breds/Royals, White Cement 3s, Bred 4s, and Flu Game 12s?

You on one

They're honestly the ugliest shoe ive ever seen

I dont care they sat on shelves, loved them the first time I saw them.
To me, ones look like those circa 2005 skate shoes.

i have no idea how anyone can think they look good, but oh well

>lmao nigger shoes

Funny how Veeky Forums worships sneakers that look like if a gook was on drugs and had 5 minutes to prepare a pair but thinks this shit is ugly

Really interesting

Yes they are nice, is dificult to rock these shoes if you aren't a woman or a 7'4 basketball player

If these shoes had RAF SIMONS in the side of the shoe and cost 1200$ Veeky Forums would think different

I own these, they're canvas and not "proper" Jordans, but they're the only ones I feel I can wear without becoming too memey

There's nothing wrong with ajkos

>They didn't sell out so they can't be good

Right...

Nice aren't they, less gaudy than the all-leather Jordans

Most are ugly, but there are some nice ones

It's more the subculture associated with them I don't like

Ahh yes indeed my good sir, I find the "subculture" related to this particular pair of "sneakers" to be quite objectionable, too.

Damned negros with their "basketball" and "hip-hop".

You're right, I'd definitely think different if they had RAF SIMONS on the side
I'd think Raf had lost his gotdam mind

Ay yo wit it be cuz I sea u Speakin all white and shite I love does MK to

lel, nahh you're alright mate carry on, it's all banter at the end of the day

HA NIGGER SHOES LMAO

ree

I absolutely don't care about Js cuz they're low quality shoes made in a chinese factory.
I do my best to avoid anything made in basically slave-tier workplaces; Bangladesh, China etc

>honest opinion

1980s to 1998: Great basketball shoes with the latest technology and revolutionary design. Extreme emotional value due to the marvel that was Michael Jordan. Wearing the shoes made you feel 'elevated' both in style and perceived accomplishment in sports. Peoples' heads turned when you wore them in a clean state. The pinnacle of sports shoe fashion.

2000 to today:
A self perpetuating marketing machine based on the personality cult around an athlete which 80% of the customer demographic have never seen in on the court. People buy the shoes seemingly blind, simply because of their perceived economic value and consumerism, despite horrendous price politics. A mass marketed relic that still stands tall style-wise, but lost all of its original charm due to being the epitome of mindless consumerism and corporate greed.

I personally think they can look either fantastic, or really shitty with not much ground in between. I recommend simple or mono color ways on the retro models 1 to 13 with a strong preference towards the earlier models. The Jordan 1 and 3 are timeless masterpieces that could be worn in 50 years and still look great, provided in combination with a suitable outfit.

Also: don't be a wigger.

>I find it amazing how this board can deny them in every sneaker thread when they are pretty much the most popular sneakers in the world.

Do you know that this does not only pertain to jordan nigger sneakers, you faggot.

>nigger
>on Veeky Forums

Make like a tree and leave

>say I don't like the hypebeast subculture surrounding Jordans
>automatically assume I mean black people
You racist fuck

>low quality shoes
>Great for basketball which kills your legs.

Right

>>A mass marketed relic that still stands tall style-wise, but lost all of its original charm due to being the epitome of mindless consumerism and corporate greed.

Well stated, fuck Nike, but adidas isn't so far off the cliff either with their annoying shilling. I'm tired of hearing about "Boost" technology, honestly fuck that shit

They are literally hypebeast sick kikz. If I wanted some oversized basketball nigger shoes I would get me some Geos.

If something its popular then its shit

no they're just shit

As a whole I don't love or hate Jordans, but if I absolutely had to wear a pair it'd be the 1 Retro Nouveaus in infrared.

>wearing african tree hockey shoes

Speaking about jordans.

Thoughts?

Ew.

>Veeky Forums is one person
And no, those shoes have an extremely ugly silhouette, go back to wherever you came from please

>i have no idea how anyone can think they look good, but oh well

>Veeky Forums is one person

m8 this place is as hivemind

Lmao U mean they look like dunks? Maybe cause the ducks were modeled after the aj1 idiot

actually really wanted these but they sold out quick! nice cw. got breds instead haha

>despite horrendous price politics
this is changing. higher retail and larger quantities are beating the resale market.
but good write down nonetheless, v much agree.

too much
flu game over these

dumping own pairs for shits & giggles

Liking jordans is basically the same as worshiping any other brand like buying all the ozweegos or geo baskets. Same fucking shit, different consumer base and different price points. Jordans are expensive to low to low middle income where desiner shoes are expensive to anyone who isn't fucking rich and even to some of them. Some of Veeky Forums will always hate on Jordans because they don't understand the history behind certain shoes and think of them as "nigger" shoes. Where they will easily turn around and wear geobaskets to make themselves feel a good even tho legit geo basket look like fucking ass in every fit ive seen on here. Basically, wear what you want. And fuck Veeky Forums

aj10 ldn

4's beat out 1's to me even tho I have more one's than 4's now lol.

these the best aj1

>And fuck Veeky Forums
lu honeybear happy xmas though

I've felt that I'm preffering shoes in waves: some weeks I'll be absolutely in love with my aj4's, and other weeks my desire will go out to the ones.
this happens with most of my clothing desu.

if you are not a nigger or a 16yo white kid don't wear these

Retard 50 year old people wear sneakers.

>when they are pretty much the most popular sneakers in the world
Guess beats are reasonably priced headphones, Taylor Switch is the apex of music and Marvel movie are the best films ever created.

Something being popular doesnt mean that its good, simply means that it appeals to the lowest common denominator.

like really , none of the nigger hating kkk inbred shit
the only good ones are the 1s and only the breds and royals
and even then it will only work with certain fits
everything else looks so goofy and awkward

disagree. chicago's and breds over these for me.

ur goofy and awkward

dont wear period

shit taste

The 1, 3 and 4 to me are the only ones that can crossover to that lifestlye shoe segment

Nah it goes like this.

4>1>12>11>3>5>the rest.

Most people here are retarded and will just say "lol nigger shoes" but the fact is Jordans were the first asymmetrically designed shoes, and hold their place in fashion history as much if not more so than basketball history, 1-14s are all aesthetically pleasing and comfortable, if the Jordan logos were replaced with Gucci, LV, or some other high end brand like MMM then \fa\ would worship them.

>Gucci, LV
These brands are pleb tier too kys