What does /fa think of skinhead fashion?

Would it come off as "edgy" or tryhard to dress similarly? What is your opinion on the fashion?

some more pics for reference

It comes off as edgy and tryhard if youre above 20 and dress like that

its a youths fashion

i do my best to avoid wearing bomber with boots
otherwise its cool
when i had my head shaven i had weird looks from left and right

I have one of those POLIZEI bombers and I sometimes wear them with 8" black boots and black skinny jeans. Do I come off as skinhead? I'm hoping not

I've got a full head of wavy hair

really bad one this m8

By the way the boots are leather Palladiums

if you dont tuck in boots its fine

Wait tuck the boots in the jeans or the jeans in the boots?

Of course I put the jeans in the boots, it looks goofy not to with 8" boots

I tried to find one with an overcoat, but this was the only good colored pic, I agree though, not a fan of light jeans either

I'd say if you're above mid twenties, the fashion also has some variety

I usually cuff mine to just enough to cover the laces

talking about boots, how would these come off as?

Either tumblr or skinhead depending on the fit

If you aren't black, don't cop

Wasn't that for tims?

Not even black people should be wearing timbs

I rarely see blacks wearing boots like in the pic, neither do they look good in them

As someone who dressed this way when I was younger, I feel that although I love this style, and feel there are great ways to wear it, it can certainly get tryhard and corny very quickly.
First of all, if you're not at all involved with skinhead culture, the working class, traditional 60s ska, or punk, it would be a little out of ace for you to dress like that.
Secondly, if you aren't tough, at least a little, it's not for you.
Now, as far as fashion aesthetic goes I feel like taking elements of skinhead style and making it your own is less tryhard and more versatile. It's mostly centered on very nice looking, casual, work wear.
Think Levi's type II (or TYPE III in cold) , bombers etc. However, a cathartic type jacket might work into that style too.
Also, a good pair of any plain, round-toe, lace-up work boots is just as good (usually better) than the traditional skinhead brands.
I find that straight leg or slim fit jeans look way better with this fit than skinny. They also have to be the correct waist and correct length! Bunched up pants that are too long or too baggy in the seat ruin the fit.
Any short, traditional men's haircut looks good with this fit if you're not sure about a shave. Or shaving you're head with a guard on.
Plain t shirts, plaid work shirts, and plain sweaters are stand by tops.

I'm pretty tired, so sorry if this is less than coherent. One day I'd like to draw up some chart or something for skinhead fashion and more casual versions of skinhead influenced fashion

*Place
*Carhart
Also forgot to mention dressier skins.
Which is pretty much the same but with occasional straight leg slacks instead of straight leg jeans, and more notably: wool overcoats instead of short jackets.
Also cuffing your jeans up t the top of your boots is an overall style point for this fit, but figured it was obvious.
Tattoos always look good with this fit

skinhead appropriation is the most basic shit ever

if you left your house at all you would see multiple hipsters in this gear

you have to go back

I'd say I have a somewhat skinny to medium build, I'm 176 and weigh ~70kg definitely not a large tough look, but I would call myself fit and more than average on muscle, and actually yes, Im into the skinhead culture, actually discovered ska first and then skins

Rarely if ever see people dressed similarly where I live

Dressy is the way to go on smaller builds

mfw I wear a green bomber jacket, Doc Martens, and blue jeans on a daily basis but I'm a brown Guatemalan.

How'd you get one

Its not only because theyre light, they look like fucking yoga pants. No skinhead wears skinny jeans

Someone posted a thread alerting everyone when keepshooting got two more in stock and I grabbed it

Vid link?

I think it's one of filthy franks cooking videos, might be hair cake

No man should ever wear skinny jeans

ur so lucky i want one so bad

Literally everyone wears boots and bomber jackets now. Unless you're going out of your way to emulate classic skinhead style, no one is going to notice. And even then the average joe has no idea what skinhead style is.

good job retard

>been shaving my head for a few years
>want to get into this fashion
>solovair boots cost like 200 dollars
>warrior polos cost like ~30 dollars each
fug
I'm going to check out some thrift shops tomorrow, but does anyone know where I can get some decent plaid shirts?

90% of skinheads are brainless prissy sissies.

They're poseurs, man, avoid at all costs.