Watch General

Any and all things watch related post here.

been looking at pic related, Its the last one in stock and I'm looking for some last minute feedback before I impulse buy,

Other urls found in this thread:

s161.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/?sort=3&page=1
youtu.be/uQFuZL14Aaw?t=16m45s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dont buy

fuck off faggot

your pretentious charts are useless if they don't make any effort to explain the reasoning behind the hierarchy

this pyramid should have omega move from should buy to vintage (pre-1998) only desu

whats wrong with tag and victorinox? I thought they were quality watches.

Got given this for Christmas. Any of you get anything nice?

The strap is shit, so be sure to get a replacement one.

gifted this a while ago, sexy or no? idek if roamer is a good brand.

Just because you don't understand horology doesn't mean this chart is pretentious, it's pretty fucking accurate.

The only thing thats wrong is that Tags are usually pretty tolerated among the watch community

ew

asked for a Vostok Amphibian ((the zissou one) and got it. Gotta shorten the strap otherwise I think it looks pretty good.

Nice, just got the same one but in gold.

Pretty fucking comfy hey. I dunno if they're fashionable or anything but I could really get used to this lightweight for sure.

>not rocking one of these bad boys

Get on my level

>The only thing thats wrong is that Tags are usually pretty tolerated among the watch community
I don't think you understand horology either

Could you lads identify the watch on this ass tatoo por favor ?

Is there a watch sub 150 Euro range that won't get me torn to pieces on Veeky Forums?
Something modern, like OP's pic. Black sleek leather band, simple white face. Some gold/silver accents?

It doesn't matter what watch you have, someone will tear your ass apart for it.

moden braun watches are trash

I know a legit Daniel Wellington is not worth it and are equal to Replicas but,
W2c the best replica?

gf just graduated, want to buy her something decent. Is it possible for the 500USD price range? Know nothing about watches but she's made mention of wanting a good one for a while now. Any suggestions?

got this fucker today for xmas

i wish the band was removable though, was hoping to put a black twill band on

anyway leather straps stainless steel

My girlfriend bought me this and I feel obligated to wear it.

Is it at all Veeky Forums?

Do you sell Buicks for $5k over sticker value?

lmao that is the worst watch i've ever seen, pls be bait

I do have a white color job, but no not a car salesman

;_;

Well most people won't care, and those that actually know watches will snicker behind your back at best.

$5000 was about the average dealer markup at Buick dealerships back when the GNX came out, and dealers got them in very limited quantities.

Its my gramps watch

Bought this for 16 online. Best purchase all year

hows it holding up? Really hope this thing lasts a while, it's only been a day and im attached to it.

>want to buy skx009
>read on a lot of forums how often chapter ring/bezel is misaligned
>forced to buy from either creationwatches or a shop like that
>a lot of people say they often give out returned watches with defects
wat do

wait and pray

Extremelly overprice, now they are a better, but their older models they cost 3x more than what they should.

Who is the Rick Owens of the Watch Industry?

You will always find someone that is going to make fun of you because your watch is cheaper/less rare or you could buy something better with that money etc.Just buy what you. like.

Get a Braun watch from the eighties

richard mille
>avant-garde
>overpriced

Are there any alternatives to creationwatches?
anyone used them before?
Thanks

Is this some fake vintage watch?

Pepple Steel Time. Awesome but dead smart-watch I enjoy(ed). The other one that got decent wrist time recently is a Seamaster PO.

>Just because you don't understand horology doesn't mean this chart is pretentious, it's pretty fucking accurate.
that's what I'm saying you moron, the chart is only understood by people who already know about watches, i.e. people who don't need a chart for any other reason than pretentious circlejerks

Actually that's the complete opposite of what should happen.

It's pretty bad, looks like a women's watch.

Buy whatever you like, I think you will like Bauhaus watches

Can someone explain why tissot is bad, since this picture doesn't

>Stowa
>Watches you should never buy

Disregarded

It's not, chart is bullshit

why is IWC omega etc, is it because they use ETA movements

Thoughts on my collection? I've just started collecting them, so my current watches aren't the best quality. Just got my first hand wound Vostok (far left) and I love it, gonna get a new band for it though since the one it comes with is cheap.

I will admit in advance that my digital Casio was a utilitarian purchase rather than a aesthetic one (I still love how ugly it looks)

casio a best
wearing the same one rn

every infographic ever
>is only understood by people who already know about *subject*

go complain about the Veeky Forums infographics in the sticky or the /mu/ charts, or any Veeky Forums infographic ever then.

What smartwatch should I get now that Pebble is defunct?

get a real watch or an urbane

Gonna go buy an skx007 today from some retard close to me
Anything I should look for?

how is skagen's quality? i like the look but if they feel shitty at $100 i might as well buy a $10 watch from aliexpress

>band is not removable
wtf

not sure if that is still the case today but skagen used to be infamous for their shitty, easily breakable crystals a few years ago

I've had one gifted to me about two years ago, the "hardened mineral crystal" is so far free nicks or cracks. I got a titanium model as a gift, and its one of my daily wear watches, so it's gotten banged around a lot. So far the case and crystal are scratch free, and it keeps excellent time. For a so called fragile fashion watch, so far it has proven to be anything but fragile.

I call bullshit in this claim. I've never seen a watch from them, where the band wasn't removable. Prove it!

cant find one

Rather gaudier and larger than my taste would usually allow, but it's a present from mama and I do like that it's a karousel movement. Thoughts?

Good taste, tovarich

I hope the buy went well

you strike me as 'a victim'

hopefully you weren't harmed, and have acquired the watch.

damn

it's pretty fucking ugly my man

I have, bought a snk503 and it came out all good.

looks it lmao

what are the most aesthetic g-shocks? I really want one, but there are so many to choose from! if it means anything, I need something that can take a beating day in and day out (im an icu nurse), so i cant get something too flashy

5600 best

>$115
Why would she even bother? I've never understood this... Spending such a trivial amount of money on something that's meant to be frivolous, like a watch. You should say thanks sweetie, that's very thoughtful of you, but how would you like it if I bought you a handbag from Nine West?

How long have you guys been together user? If you've been together for a few years at least, then you should just be honest with her and tell her it doesn't really suit you. I've gotten to the point with my gf where I do that without thinking twice. She respects my sense of personal style and realizes that we don't always see eye-to-eye with what we think looks good.

If you've only been with her for a short period of time and you're worried about offending her by hating her horrible fucking gift, then your best bet is to just lie and tell her that it doesn't fit right on your wrist (the face obviously, since you can get the band adjusted) or say that it's really uncomfortable, likely due to its poor quality.

They are dogshit.

Tag has been caught lying about their products and generally making ugly ass watches.
Victorinox is just not up to par.

Awful

So I got this now. Really happy with it. Thoughts?

Besides it being the fucking quartz version good watch.

Good question, Pebble alone got the concept right. It was a smart watch that enhanced the user experience of a smart phone instead of mirroring a small mobile phone on your wrist. I was always torn between wearing some nice timepieces and that one. If anyone knows a good replacement with similar technology and runtime I'd be happy to hear about it as well.

Why is that a problem?

They are China made but with a certain degree of quality control, as an example the crystal are placed neatly and the coating looks nice and seamless.
I gave away some timepieces to girlfriends over the years and my wife has one as well. The crystals are fine on those, but maybe it's a different story with bigger diameters on mens watches.

is tsovet a solid brand

>wake up
>no new posts

Meh

Is this watch a ultimate no go ?
I kinda like how extremly tacky it is, planning on getyimg one

Whats the verdict on this ?
T. Watch newfag

Buy straight from yobokies

s161.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/?sort=3&page=1

He has everything for SKX

the white date field triggers my autism, i couldnt wear it

I need advice.
Last time I went running and had my vintage Seiko 5 on, I was sweating ofc and at the end I noticed its glass had a little steam inside. Soon it disappered though and I didn't have any problem with the watch working either.
Should I be concerned?
Will the moisture start to corrode the movement?

I'm new to Veeky Forums but watch threads on every other board get deleted.

I got pic related as a gift, and I really don't like it. Do you people know a good avenue for selling or trading watches? This thing weighs too much, its too big, I can barely get my sleeves over it. I had to wear it for 3 days and its just comically too big.

This guy fucks

Pic related. Love it. Looks so much better with a darker strap than with the original beige one.

Pic related. Love it. Looks so much better with a darker strap than the original beige one.

spotted the cuck

how the fuck is it tacky nigga

it's like the ultimate normcore watch

can't go wrong unless you're explicitly going for hypecore or something

youtu.be/uQFuZL14Aaw?t=16m45s

Return it. Most places will take it back w/o a receipt if they sell the exact watch. They'll just give you store credit.

pretty accurate but move breitling, omega down a tier, panerai top of the tier. Making good in house movements these days

I really want a skeleton/open heart watch but my budget is £200 cause poor. Anything decent for that?

>guy sells new skx007 in my town
>pm him if he can lower price
>says he sold them out but can sell me the one in his collection
>says it keeps -+2s/24h and still has sticker on the back
>will gift me a bond nato aswell and I made him give me a strap change tool
>tomorrow I will go pick it up
wat do? he is from the main countrywide forum about watches and regulary sells watches n shit on it so I doubt he would scam me

Gold is sorta tacky, but if you want maximum i r o n y then get the Databank one

>200 poounds
>poor
orient has nice open hearths

Anyone here knowledgeable in Slav watches? I found this Raketa for $60 shipped and it says it's NOS, but the hands make me feel like it's not 100% original.

Oh and ere's the movement if it matters.