Help me get into suits, Veeky Forums

I've realised there's a particular style of suit that I want to make my standard garment. It's called the double breasted, particularly the unfitted variety.

I'll post some pictures of people I want to look like, and can Veeky Forums tell me more about it and similar styles.

I'm a complete novice, and I know there will be more varieties I will like going forward, but for now this is the type I want to start with.

Also, I'm not interested in fitted 21st century styles. I'm more into the baggy 90s suits and the "sack" 1920-30s suits.

This one's a but modern, but not bad.

post face

do NOT get double breasted unless your some fucking british lord with a noble title and knighthood. these are so beyond out of date and you will likely not be able to pull it off.

peaked lapels MIGHT be forgiven, but youre probably also gonna look like a faggot.

just stick to the modern suits

How old are you? Are you studying? Working? What is your current wardrobe like?
How do you behave?

If it doesn't fit with other aspects of your life, people might well find it odd. If you try to make big changes quickly, people might well find it odd.

> How old are you?
21, Canada
> Are you studying? Working?
I'm graduating with as associates degree in computer science this summer.
> What is your current wardrobe like?
T-shirts, sweaters, plaid, jeans, khakis. Normie-fag shit I've never wanted to wear, but it's just what's available. Regular suburban fashion.
> How do you behave?
I listen to talk radio, I drink whisky, I like my coffee black, I read literature and history.

I've always had a way to life that's about simplicity and elegance. I like things rational and aesthetic.

I already stand out in a crowd by my height and how I communicate. I may as well back up my eccentric personality with eccentric dress sense.
I'm going more for 1930s pencil-head.

Also, you can't just declare an entire mode of dress dead. Who are you, the fashion police?

just go to brooks brother if you want sack suit

Most of the suits you see nowadays are for holohoax 120 lbs twinks with anorexic lapels and the trouser breaks are horrendously short
I went to Boss and Burberry recently and their suit fit are terrible,even D&G looks better

also a double breasted suit would give you that coveted dat dere gordon gekko look

that looks horrendous. how many buttons does puffy need on his puffy suit?

that looks atrocious. brb killing myself to forget I saw that fit

>I listen to talk radio, I drink whisky, I like my coffee black, I read literature and history.
>
>I've always had a way to life that's about simplicity and elegance. I like things rational and aesthetic.
>
>I already stand out in a crowd by my height and how I communicate. I may as well back up my eccentric personality with eccentric dress sense.

>I listen to talk radio, I drink whisky, I like my coffee black, I read literature and history.
>I've always had a way to life that's about simplicity and elegance. I like things rational and aesthetic.
>I already stand out in a crowd by my height and how I communicate. I may as well back up my eccentric personality with eccentric dress sense.

screeching

doing a poo

get a grip

Don't knock the Mogg (Rt Hon Jacob Rees-Mogg MP) - google him; that's a very unflattering shot of an unflattering motion in a suit. He's usually impeccably turned out.

no he isn't lad he's a fucking weirdo get a grip

he doesn't give a toss about fashion and he admits it

used to be a good politician but he's all rhetoric these days

"120bs twinks with anorexic lapels and the trouser breaks are horrendously short" spot on, my friend. The shortness of the damn jackets really pisses me off too.

> that looks atrocious.
t. Veeky Forumsggot
I've decided I'm gonna take life how I want it. Different strokes for different folks. I don't object to how many others choose to live their life.

I worked before I started my degree. I pay my own bills, I pay my taxes, and I'll live life as such. I like suits, so I'll wear suits, rather than generic suburban outfits, or "street"wear.

I have no doubt he is culturally very different from you, and even from me, but I think he's a really good egg.

I didn't mean that he was fashionably turned out, but I think according to the standards of the world in which he lives, he is impeccably turned out.

I'm not sure how you define a good politician, especially for someone who is an ardent backbencher, and I'm not sure about your assertion about his being all rhetoric these days.

I recommend that you look to Alan Flusser's Dressing the Man for some guidelines and inspo,

I personally have gone from wearing three piece suits with watch and chain etc at school (an English Public School, so not altogether thaaaat outlandish) to worn in corduroy jackets and blazers and the like now, and look back on the earlier period with a little embarrassment. The point is try not to overdress - there are times and places for suits, and for a 21 year-old in Canada who's about to graduate from CompSci, I'm afraid that those would seem to me to be few and far inbetween. If you follow Mr Flusser, you may end up putting together some nice outfits, but whatever their sartorial 'value', try not to appear too odd to your peers would be my advice.

you can blame our dear friend hedi silmane for that

Fair point.

In the tech industry how you dress is mostly decided by who you end up working for, but there is a fair bit of leeway in business-casual workplaces, which are the most common.

I understand not over-dressing, but there's also dressing in something you don't feel represents you well. I wouldn't want to wear these "sack" suit if I didn't think they'd fit me. They just jive with my lifestyle.

Of course, there are settings where dressing that way is inappropriate, and there's a lot of great casual and liesure wear for going to the park, or a half day at work. I just mean that on the average day, where it is appropriate, if a bit pretentious, I'd rather dress nicely.