Veeky Forums sofas

Starting off with a Borge Mogensen. It's about $4,000, should I cop it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20245049/
lmd-studio.com/products/exo-sofa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wood feet
into the trash

They're teak you dumb weaboo. That's some nice wood.

>teak
>worthless asian wood
>i'm the weaboo

Le Corbusier, Charles Eames, and Barcelona furniture or ur poor as fuck

I love Eames chairs but the sofas look hideous.

you're a pleb, they're still works of art and quintessential pieces of the Eames design language

Which Eames sofa are you talking about. One of the Eames sofas sold today wasn't even designed until the 60s, and wasn't even finished and released until after Charles Eames died.

their compact sofa is pretty nice,
I have a midcentury daybed that we use as a sofa, space is tight in manhattan

The black sofa is better

How do you feel about Steelcase Sieste hospital sleeper sofas?

I want to get one for maximum practicality and irony.

somebody redpill me on the importance of nice furniture and how it fits into the scope of a 20-something earning some money but not extravagant amounts pls

You don't need designer furnitures.

only if you're poor

same with fast fashion, if you're only buying ikea bullshit you're basic and you're wasting money on flimsy shit you're going to have to replace. Not to mention it's cheaper and more fun to get involved in estate sales/mid century stores/craigslist to find things you'll have forever and really love rather than some flat pack cookie cutter interior.

sumolounge.com

>buying "designer" furniture
Worst thing you can do with your money.

Quality and nice design matters, judge for yourself. Brand name doesn't matter. If you can get some decent quality replicas of the classics then do that. If you can get a shelf from IKEA that you feel isn't going to fall apart with the way you plan on using it, buy that. If you can find some sweet shit second hand and do it up yourself, do that. If you want to make something yourself, do that.

Don't listen to these dudes shilling x thousand dollar furnitures that they don't own. Design is for everyone.

Some IKEA shit is bad for sure. Don't think I'd buy a kitchen table from there, for example, or another desk. But some of their designs are classics in their own right at this point. Lack and PoƤng are classics to me.

Depends how heavy your usage is going to be.

only if you re-create this

That looks Veeky Forums as fuck

>Ikea
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20245049/

I really like the shape of this couch and the light leather. Anything similar?

Is that from a Goddard film?

wtf nobody has posted the eastpak sofa

50/50 in terms of being fa. Must be a bitch to wash

yes
>filename

The trapper keeper of couches.

It's ghastly beyond words. It's based on a Quinze and Milan couch which looks awful too.

Who the needs to regularly wash a couch?

red is not an effay color

>it's practical!

gotta go for the Exo sofa
lmd-studio.com/products/exo-sofa

THIS ISN'T FASHION

Yes. Contempt.

A normal person

>buying something uncomfortable and disgustingly overpriced
No

Did you forget what board you're on?

u can get the same thing at ikea for 1/5 the price

That's like comparing Brioni to Zara.

kek

Does anyone have a good guide for identifying well made high quality furniture? I can tell if a sofa feels sturdy and get a good idea for upholstery quality, but I've got no idea how to tell if the frame is good quality or not.

You plan on going backpacking with that sofa?

KNOLL
N
O
L
L

there's so many replicas/copies you should be able to find something in the poorfag range of $4000

too bad it looks like shit, wouldnt even pay 200 for that shit lmao

I've always liked the customizable and modular Mahjong

You don't know shit about design fuccboi

This is something that I've always hated about designer furniture. Yeah it looks cool and all but you know what, I mostly just want to sit in it wearing sweatpants. Too bad it just had a stubby asymmetrical back.

There must be a way to be comfy and fashionable.

I'd say: buy a comfy couch, used, and get it reupholstered with an Veeky Forums fabric

>Go furniture shopping
>Most modern sofas and chairs seem to be designed for giants

What's the deal with the huge depths on sofas and chairs these days? There's no way to sit with your back against it bend your knees so they touch the floor. It's like they're designing all furniture for Shaq.

>go to local craigslist
>search mid century modern
>offer $100 less than asking
>get sofa cleaned
>???
>profit

hnng thank you user

>>Go furniture shopping
>>Most modern sofas and chairs seem to be designed for giants
>What's the deal with the huge depths on sofas and chairs these days? There's no way to sit with your back against it bend your knees so they touch the floor. It's like they're designing all furniture for Shaq.

murrika is getting taller and fatter

manlets and lanklets need not apply

hey what's this couch?