Veeky Forums feels thread

come along for the feel trip boys, post your effay feels.

>have the money and means to buy the effay stuff that I want but have no motivation to do it, mostly wear the same old t shirts/ pants at home
>wide hips with large thighs from biking to school 24/7 but the rest of my body is thin so every clothing size looks weird on me

>tfw theres no one to even go out and have fun with so why bother wearing effay stuff

>have lots and lots of "acquaintances" but not a single real friend

>Check my phone hoping that someone texted/called me, but its only a notification from some stupid game

>tfw kissless virgin, but not even that ugly (not saying I'm attractive), just incredibly worried about the effect rejection will have on my already low self-esteem so I never make any moves period, never talk to a girl unless she initiates

>wake up, go online aimlessly browsing threads and grailed for clothing that I'll never actually buy, sleep at 2 am, rinse and repeat thru the entire holiday

>check social media to see everyone is out and about with friends/significant other while youre doing fuck all at home

>tfw no one invites you to anything ever but youre too beta to confront them about it

why am I like this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WY08aXxor20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw depressed

Fuck anyone who thinks it's cool to be sad or uses it as a fashion statement. This is awful, I don't care about clothing or anything anymore.

>Be 6'1", ugly, white, 18 year old
>Have a nice Rick Owens sweater
>Nobody likes it, NOBODY but me

I don't care for the most part, but it's like come on leave me the fuck alone I don't care if my sweater is "weird" or not in your eyes

also, the ugly part sucks pretty bad

i think i might have 'walking depression', i've gradually lost interest in all the things i've cared about, i've also become very insecure and have little to no self confidence unless i'm kinda drunk
>tfw just want the old me back ;_;

>>have lots and lots of "acquaintances" but not a single real friend
>>tfw kissless virgin, but not even that ugly (not saying I'm attractive), just incredibly worried about the effect rejection will have on my already low self-esteem so I never make any moves period, never talk to a girl unless she initiates
>>wake up, go online aimlessly browsing threads and grailed for clothing that I'll never actually buy, sleep at 2 am, rinse and repeat thru the entire holiday
>>check social media to see everyone is out and about with friends/significant other while youre doing fuck all at home
>>tfw no one invites you to anything ever but youre too beta to confront them about it

That hit too close to home op, I don't even have the motivation to do entertaining things like watch a movie or read a book, let alone study. This site is fucking ruining me.

>tfw too poor for high end clothes so i just buy fakes to look and feel good

>>wide hips with large thighs from biking to school 24/7 but the rest of my body is thin so every clothing size looks weird on me

>Tfw when I look at the mirror and tell myself i fucking hate you
>shut down in the darkness play vidya and cry inside
But life is good even though this shit happens to me but my creativity is gone and I don't know how to come back from it this is what happens when you do nothing it drains you.
I don't give a fuck about friends though

I was better being here than not being here lul

I saw a girl wearing fake pirate blacks the other day and walked past her and just said "Nice yeezys". She looked really happy and said thanks.

Then I realized that not everyone can afford expensive things, its okay to wear fakes as long as it makes you look good and feel better about yourself.

A-are you me?

Holy shit I know that feel

Keep lying to yourself bub.

Also everyone in this thread should just get a hobby or fucking go outside and do something even if it's just a walk dont sit in and spam a japanese message board

Lying? What?
I never wear fakes, all of my shit is legit. I'm just saying that I understand why people wear them.

hi there, i have BPD so i know what depression is like, what usually helps me is to simply try to man up and wiev it as a weaknes, i know that its hard, but think of it as a blanket warm black that you have to pull off and face the world, youll develop tougher skin if you do it, i know that a world where you have to try your best to not be miserable in is not worth trying for, but thats just what your mind is telling you now, hope this makes sense

>tfw bowlegs
>trousers never look good

are you some malnourished shithole immigrant ?

White-British

its just depressing because life is going good for me, at least from an economical standpoint. I have money, a house, food, etc but I feel so fucking empty and alone with no motivation or drive to do anything

>wealthy family
>attractive
>closet full of expensive clothing
>ex addict/alcoholic
>promising career
>terribly bored at all times
>tfw I have had everything and still turned to drugs and alcohol because nothing made me happy
>now I don't have drugs or alcohol, primary motivation in life is solely greed
>even when I buy what I want, I still don't feel any meaningful happiness
>100k car, 25k watch collection, closet full of slp and rick, extremely overpriced top floor apartment with one of the best views of the city
>broke up with long term girlfriend
>flings only make me feel more empty

W2c meaning of life? There has to be more to it doesn't there? People would kill to be in my position so why am I unable to enjoy it?

>existential and identity crisis
>depressed
>really difficult to lose weight

Fuck, man, it's been a week, since i first started my 'one meal a day' diet

start a biz

Lack of projects, hobbies, goals?

Shit that posts was like looking into a mirror

You've got to enjoy the little things in life. Like the lack of success of others, and anti-depressants.

Gee, sorry to hear about your issues, boys. I've personally found open Platonic friendships to be the bedrock of satisfaction in my life. You have to make the effort to form them, strengthen them, and maintain them, and that includes things like taking social risks and facing the possibility of rejection, but it's worth it.

Also, alongside this, I strongly, strongly recommend School of Life and their "psychology" videos for self-understanding, perhaps their "philosophical meditation", as well as traditional Eastern meditation.

youtube.com/watch?v=WY08aXxor20

good vid on meditation from an Oxford professor

>new clothes doesn't excite me anymore
>can't wait for school to start so people can see my fits

Open Platonic friendships was probably bad way to term it, I mean platonic relationships were one can be as open as one likes with the other - sharing fears, hopes, concerns, and importantly, trivia and general life.

>'one meal a day' diet
im doing that right now and it's working really well

what problems are you having?

i usually sleep until noon and eat around 4-6pm

Consider trying a hobby that involves creating something - art, crafts, music. Something where you get have a tangible result of your labours.

this. photography is great imo.
also: sports. "creating" something out of your body, shaping it the way you want it to be, also can be a big boost.

Nice numbers

Damn, could have been so much more interesting

Thanks for the advice you guys are probably right. I've never been very creative, just laser focused on making money. Now that I've gotten there I've realized it isn't what I thought. I'll try to create something or pick up a hobby.

Do you work in high finance? Curiosity.

Aside from that, yeah, money really just isn't all that much. Relationships - friends, family, significant other - are so much more important in determining our wellbeing. Also things like diet, sleep, and exercise significantly affect our neurochemistry, so also make sure you are on top of that.

Yes, I work in finance primarily but am involved with several different industries

I've had great relationships, been in shape, had a good diet etc and was still pretty miserable. Think it must be an issue with my mindset and thinking patterns, as i have always been this way regardless of external things for as long as I can remember

fuck what a waste
i feel bad now
kek

Hmm, considering doing the classic switch into a start-up or NGO?

Yeah, I tend to think that there are three levels of issues - patterns of thought,emotions (insecurities and whatnot formed over time from relationships and from childhood experience), and brain chemistry.

I hope you have a close friend with whom you can discuss some of these patterns of thought, I've found that it can be very liberating to do so.

after 20 years of trying to obtain a meaningful relationship with someone who loves me, I'm suddenly happy with being alone. Does this get me closer to finding love or not?

It depends on the basis of your happiness with being alone.

How badly do you want to find love, and how do you think you will find it? Films and teevee give us a tremendously warped and idealised idea of how it all works, it's really terrible.

I've thought about it but finance doesn't really give me much happiness. At the end of the day I'm just making money by doing something ultimately meaningless. I've been considering going to med school...the pay is significantly worse than what I'm currently doing but at least I'll be doing something that makes people's lives better. I don't need the money anyway, I'm set for a comfortable life even if I just stopped working permanently today

I have a few close friends and a therapist, but she's a woman and so I feel that she does not truly understand a lot of topics we discuss, especially when it comes to the difference between ambition and greed (literally 90% of our sessions)

Life is much harder without drugs or alcohol I have to say. I've been sober over 2 years, but previously relied on it as a crutch for everything. My unhappiness could at least be managed somewhat by drinking and using pretty hard drugs frequently but obviously that is unsustainable.

>tfw chubby manlet
>tfw won't ever look good in anything I wear

I don't like the idea of medicine at all, just very yucky and awkward. I think I'll be gravitating towards academia, teaching, or culture once I've made enough to be comfortable. My friends say I'd make a great Housemaster at a boarding school.

How do you differentiate between ambition and greed, then? To me, ambition has a lot to do with validation that we get from the admiration of others, the prestige, that sort of thing. I recently came to the conclusion that it was very plausible that I wanted to do a lot of prestigious things it would be a way to fast-track me to getting approval from my parents and forming a closer relationship with them.

I'm very sorry to hear about your thing with drugs and alcohol - I've had a couple of friends who've had their mental issues compounded badly by drugs, it's just so sad. I've heard that it's in adolescence that people learn to turn to things when they're sad - it's usually (and more healthily) friends, but some people discover alcohol and drugs instead.

Work out and control your diet, buddy. Not only will it improve your body, it will improve your mind loads too.

How to get self-discipline?

I have a lot of projects and some recquire a lot of practice, and it seems that I keep staying in what I already know instead of pushing myself further and further.

Of course it's not a big deal in comparison to your problems but I just can't go forward because of that and I have kind of a deadline to launch myself into this productivity circle.

Incremental improvement. Art of Manliness has an article on the 20 mile march. Google it and have a read, I think it applies to a lot of things.

Thanks man, I'll try to bring something out of it.

I mean even if I lose weight I'm a short legged manlet, everything I wear looks like shit on me.

At least you won't be a fat short legged manlet

No one cares nearly as much as you

I don't feel any difficulties right now, it feels okay, it's just that i can't really lose my weight idk why. I eat in the morning and snacks around 3-4 PM and nothing else. But again, this is still the holiday season and i'm not doing anything.

im 5'3

been there with the kissless virgin troubles
youve really just gotta not be a puthy boi and take a risk once in a while, trust your gut

>>tfw theres no one to even go out and have fun with so why bother wearing effay stuff

>>tfw kissless virgin, but not even that ugly (not saying I'm attractive), just incredibly worried about the effect rejection will have on my already low self-esteem so I never make any moves period, never talk to a girl unless she initiates

>>wake up, go online aimlessly browsing threads and grailed for clothing that I'll never actually buy, sleep at 2 am, rinse and repeat thru the entire holiday

FUUUUUCK -_-

also

>used to be really skinny but now it's hard to loose weight

>my two friends who i talk to irl are assholes to me like 30% of the time for no reason and my nicest friend who always understands never does anything with me irl.

>too afraid(social anxiety is horrible) to even look at people i dont know. cant make new friends / talk to girls.

>no useful skills except for entry level photoshop,coding,3d stuff. cant get past beginner stage of anything i learn.

>cant find people who share any of my interests in anything

>even though i love art and music i lack the creativity to do it myself.

the worst part is that my life is ok and i dont really have it bad, and therefore my problems are ignored by most.

>turned 26 2 months ago but still face mostly same problems as before
>lots of acquaitances but almost no friends (largely because of how fucked up the scandinavian society is)
>never had a long term gf
>not sure if I will ever get one because my standarts are higher than what I got to offer
>feel more ugly than I used to, probably am
>low self-esteem because of that
>feel like I could get laid a lot more if only I could convey a slightest bit of interest because I act so aloof all the time
>alcohol doesn't help
>slav genetics made me quite resistant to it anyway
>still at uni, can't wait to get out
>on the bright side though
>work a lot these days so more money for sicc cops
>developed my own style which I regurarly get complimented on
>don't ask 4chans opinions (not just clothes, everything) anymore because all they did is ruined me with their autism

Might as well

>Bought my first pair of Y-3s on boxing day and have never been happier. Sister calls me a faggot and my parents say they're a waste of money

>Only watched anime in highschoool during the period that I had no friends but now im slowly getting drawn back into it because I have nobody to talk to. (No college friends)

>Do my best to make my mom happy but cant get over the thought of her thinking im a disappointment

>When I was buying my Y-3s, the girl helping me out really hit it off with me and we ended up going out the next day. Check her insta only to find out she has a boyfriend and shes probably trying to leech commission off me.

>Wake up at 4pm, stay in my room until 2 am, go downstairs for food and comeback up to look at shit I cant buy online

>Sometimes go to the mall alone to just get myself out of the house but I never buy anything.

>Im really into all of the expensive brands that the rich asians students wear (Fendi, CDG, etc) but it just doesn't look right on a 6"2 white guy

>Thinking about biting the bullet real soon

scandinavia is harsh my man

>have a great sense of fashion, and only wear things that look good on me.

> Face still looks like shit.

I just want to look good

>>tfw no one invites you to anything ever but youre too beta to confront them about it

how the fuck do you get people to invite you to things? I feel I have to initiate everything

Those are some beautiful shoes. As long as you're in college you should keep your head up, you have something to focus on and achieve. I'm sure your mom is proud of you. Also going out with the girl from the store is alpha as fuck, even if she was just pretending to be nice, she could have just ghosted you but she didn't.

Good luck man, things will be alright.

>my female best friend who wears a £10 orange berghaus as her main coat

it's horrible user

i don't want to do anything and i lost interest in everything i loved

underrated post

Kind of the same. I have DID, which can get kind of shitty, but dressing nicer has actually been helpful.

post a picture of it

should have copped a personality instead of copping Veeky Forums meme clothes

tfw having coffee tomorrow with a qt3.14 who ive had a crush on for a while. Maybe there is hope.
>although we're both going back to different colleges in like a week so idk what to do really

I wish I knew how user

>Deeply insecure about my looks now that I'm no longer in highschool and it matters more.
>Every day look at myself in the mirror and think "this isn't who I want to be,"
>Think about saving up for surgery plus hair transplant for my temples.
>realize that I would forever be living a lie and would never be a truly great person sans looks if I did.
>Must forever be either below average and truthful or average and insincere, and no amount good character would counter the glaring vanity and falsity of the latter.

I swear this is me.
I'm about a 5/10, maybe 6/10 on a good day and I'm really considering getting plastic surgery for my asian nose and maybe something about my cheeks too. Every time I look in the mmirror I hate the way I look. Even if I get surgery I'll still be empty inside with no personality but at least I'll b-be a-attractive r-right?

>slp and rick
that's your problem right there (at this point in your life, that is) -- you fell for some of the worst memes.

saint laurent paris and rick owens arn't memes outside of a japanese anime forum

>tall, quiet artsy guy
>secretly right-leaning politically, love Trump
>I keep my views to myself because I go to high school in eastern Massachusetts and all the cute girls are average prep sluts and tumblr girls.

high school- love trump

who hurt you?

haven't you heard the phrase "A democratic is a republican who hasn't been robbed yet"

wow hello twin, except CT here and not in high school

are political views really that important to you, that you seperate out possible friends or even girlfriends by that? apart from two people my circle of friends (and all my ex-gfs/flings) have different opinions on politics. they're all great people whom i love having in my life - politics is just a topic we disagree upon.

What bmi is she and what exercises do I have to do to get that stomach?

>have a constant need for attention
>can't even go outside my house without constantly feeling the need for people to notice me

it's grim user i feel for you. Hope everything gets better soon tho you'll get through it

get into effective altruism man. Spread some of your cash about and help folks

start painting

True to an extent. I liked Rick while I was in my edgy nihilism phase but it doesn't really fit my personality any more and I never wear it, just clutters up my closet

I genuinely love SLP though, it is the only clothing brand that I really like the look of and that fits my face and body type. Additionally I don't look like a fucking lunatic when I wear it on my days off, compared to the way I looked when I was always in Rick, yohji and Julius

The only meme about SLP is how expensive everything is but after you pass a certain income threshold it really doesn't matter.

run and eat healthy

if you want to look better than her, start swimming

>got a pair of jeans that fit me perfectly in every aspect, even length which is rare.
>constantly going to the mirror and checking myself with them in various tops and shoes

Get back with your girl

I'm 27 and still a virgin. I never wanted to have sex with anyone just for the sake of it, and I have never been in a relationship for the same reason. I just never met anyone I clicked with. Had crushes, sure, but never pursued anything. It just never felt right to me. The thing is, now I enjoy my solitude and time with myself. I enjoy doing things on my own time, listening to music when I want, watching movies when I want, and so on. I'm not compelled to be in a relationship, I'm still discovering myself and feel like I have a lot more to do with myself before being with anyone. At the same time, I feel this is 'weird' and not 'normal.' Coupled with my depression and anxiety, it's tough to deal with sometimes. I'm not mad at myself or anything, I'm just more upset that I haven't experienced something as ingrained in our culture like sex. So, I don't know.

I can't fucking stand all the dumb shits that think its funny or hip to post about how depressed or mentally unstable they are like no, its fucking horrific I wouldn't wish it upon anyone

>finally not fat
>Can buy clothes I want
>Have a fucking stutter and talk too fast and quiet
>I mouth words after I say them without realizing it
>Too insecure about speech to talk to people irl
>Just wanna kill myself

Try to find a speech therapist and it'll help with the social stuff a lot

>Asian
>Manlet
>poor

wew, I do seem to attract a lot of ugly weebs and kpopfangirls though

at least I've got nice hair and clear skin r-right....?

i would encourage you to experiment, get out of your comfort zone a little bit. i don't say this to try to "cure" you or turn you into a normie. but if you haven't experienced it, then you don't really know what you're missing and whether or not it's something you might enjoy.

so take some steps to date somebody. if it feels wrong you can totally stop at any time. maybe it's just not for you, and that's fine too. it's not for everyone and that's okay.

but years down the line, at the end of your life, wouldn't you want to know that you at least found out for yourself?

you cant really appreciate money without knowing what it feels like to not have it

>Have good taste
>Lots of clothes

>None of them fit because I'm a fat fuck now due to drinking and too much partying with drugs here and there
I'm so sad. I barely even come here anymore

Loosing weight is harder than I thought I miss being 150 lbs I'm well over 200 now. On the bright side I've never gotten laid as much as I'm getting now surprisingly

yeah man
i've been sad before but any normal person, but for the first time lately i've just been so consistently consistently sad and i know im depressed, i know because its such a real chemical sadness. im not sad about anything in particular my spirits are just so low. im sleeping and eating pretty normally but i feel like im on an MDMA comedown except i havent done MD in months and motnhs. my brain is just lacking that seratonin.

im gonna see someone about it soon if it persists i might need pills

>sad before but any normal person

should be, sad before LIKE any normal person sorry

fuck sake this is the same as me, i have massive thighs as well which contrast horrifically to my v skinny body

Exactly. To anyone else, wearing generic would be liked more.

same bro 150>205
6 weeks in gym so far
feelin buff again tho
hopefully 160 by march and got good fits waiting

it does, actually

It's because you where born with it. If you grew your wealth you wouldn't be indulging in drugs and wasteful behavior while still have meaning in your life. I see a difference in my friends who where trust fund babies and those that are just making their wealth now.

>>have lots and lots of "acquaintances" but not a single real friend
so true, my "friends" are only my friends because i have nobody else, they're mostly bitter and full of shit, different from me to too far of a stretch or just can't really help me get further in life through influence.