youtube.com/watch?v=jQRI3b2SX8c
youtube.com/watch?v=cy9GregPIA4
youtube.com/watch?v=FIgn3DiXRQs&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=Su0NSgMdzjA
youtube.com/watch?v=5TF3kxIrFWo
youtube.com/watch?v=3gfxKYzgAcE
youtube.com/watch?v=RT6FEJqqg24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Techno is the most 'trying hard to be cool and fit in' uni student genre there is

Please elaborate, what have you seen to have come to that conclusion?

Yah I saw Robert Hood, BEN UFO/Joy Orbison, Kobosil, Rodhad, missed Andy Stott. :(

I dont know what the fuck my favorite look was idk probably when I did a bunch of molly.

Yah I made a ton of great friends they're all really cool people and I enjoy them a lot. : )

I saw mood 2 swing but I took a xanax and someone gave me alcohol and I dont remember a single fucking thing.

Oooo DJ Stingray was sick and actually this guy named Paul Birken played w/ Container and delivered an irrationally strong set for such an unknown guy.

Who did you see, OP? :)

well dont about whole year but going to see Nina tomorrow even though she is a meme and maybe other meme like Rodhåd, Fjaak Live on NYE

I've lived in the UK and been to /bleep/

I like techno but I have no friends/social live

I can't stop listening to Prince of Denmark's 8 btw

Dude are you fucking kidding me.

I CAN'T EITHER. It's SO FUCKING GOOD. My friend showed me this last and esp. the track GS has taken over my listening tastes.

I'll be your friend where do you live? : )

Sounds like it's been a sweet year for you, glad you made some acquaintances, if there is three things I love, it's people, drugs and techno. How great is it that all those things are to be experienced at the same time?

I saw Nihad Tule and Inner Gritty do a collab under the name NTTA11. All machine techno live. It was a great experience as it was the first time I saw techno live. The set that blew me away the most was Schacke, very high energy, banging, driving techno

>UK
Well look at that
and /bleep/ is the worst.

Get some MDMA and go to a good venue or rave. Guaranteed you will meet someone nice. You just gotta get out there.

Also any other recs?

Techno is becoming a knacker genre. Get on house and disco lads

Wala lang wala lang ling

I went to Bloc, it was good.

Loads but most memorable act was Randomer/Tessela b2b by far.

idk best outfit I wear a lot of lacoste shortsleeves shirts now

idk met Asquith he's alright

Please direct me where to find all this good new disco music?

Went to a disco festival in Liverpool and they cancelled Juan Atkins without saying anything.

Lo fi house is pretty lackluster.

french fag here

this summer i went alone and got very drunk at this local teknival (with big names like nina kraviz and shit that was awesome) the "barmaid" had a crush on me so she kept giving me free 50cl-cup beers she was qt

also tried poppers from three different guys shit was amazing with all the alcohol, it only lasts 1-2 min but it was like an 1-2min orgasm, i dig this
also met very nice ppl way too old for me but they were so kind with young dudes, one woman gave me her vodka cup so i drank it and we laughed together and shit
there was this awful woman who made fun of long hair on dudes but i laughed at her with another guy and kept dancing lol

nina was the shit but i've gone crazy with paganini he was throwin those beats like never

so this is it if you want to meet good people around good music festivals are for you i forgot all my insecurities and social emptyness during this time (i was sober the first day so this is not only because of the alcohol)

sad part i lost all my weed but not a big deal i had a good time

seeing kris wadsworth and some people on lavalava tonight. the party I'm going to also gives you a tote bag when you pay entry fee
most memorable act probably boston 168 because I was on e and on the middle of a boat in the danube, was very cool
I hate models and Prince of Denmark currently top for me

I told you before, this shit don't impress me
I bet I make you respect me

also to the other budapest boy here, are you going to Lärm tonight? If anyones ever in budapest you have to go to this place, amazing
I'm high on phenibut and will just be drinking/smoking weed for party tonight, nothing crazy

only on the internet. if you actually go to an event youll find people in comfy shoes wearing what they want, not giving a fuck about fashion
these threads i dumb i really hate gatekeeping but so many people picking it up because its cool and they think its some super special secret club

nah that's grime & anyway

that's like saying 'going to the pub' is uni students trying to fit in because its become a staple of student life

>not giving a fuck about fashion

fashion is an important part of techno, I wear comfy clothes that look nice

>fashion is an important part of techno

yeah for the people who picked it up 2 years ago and post every one of their outfit to instagram

>Detroit fashion
>German fetishwear
>the fact 99% of DJs don't just wear 'whats comfy'

what are you even trying to argue?

Berghain is so overrated.

I've only been Berlin twice, but I've got the impression now that the best nightlife happens in places you probably won't hear about as a tourist.

Realized quickly that most of the initial excitement of the well known clubs was relief that you got in.

>citation needed

>(you)

another user from Budapest
The best act was Etapp Kyle at lärm.

My friends are neckbeard faggots and they don't like techno...It's hard to find good techno interests me friends

en lekestem a vonatot etapp kylera

bare fashion heads @ corsica unnastan, so many peng girls but I get the feeling they just want guys to gawp at them and never talk to them. such a shame bcus they all look so hot in their slutty outfits and chokers. any L O N D O N club sluts in?

Sajnalhatod 5 órán at nyomta es szetszedte az egesz helyet

>cherry picking a pic from a performance with an orchestra

there is a difference between the ravers in the 90s, before the internet and the kids today who pick up techno because they need something they can identify and define their entire personality with. its sad.
and i honestly have no idea who you talking about, most producers look really bad and nerdy or old. after all, its the people who spend hours in a room trying to do something with a bunch of random noise. even the guys who look good dont really show their face and stay behind their name. maybe give some examples because i cant name a single producer that has to do anything with fashion out of who i listen to.

>Last techno thread of the year
lmao no i will make one again tomorrow

100% this. Techno producers are usually the most unsavory looking dudes ever.

many people are just forced to wear the stuff because they think they have a higher chance of getting in in berlin. underground was and is the exact opposite of fashion. the entire idea of following trends and doing things for validation goes against the idea of doing something for the sake of enjoyment and yourself
i guess youre pretty young in your early 20s, just look documentaries and pictures from old events, there are a bunch. here is one with skream, obviously not techno but the same applies
youtube.com/watch?v=JUrde21uRPc

>underground was and is the exact opposite of fashion.
you can't say fashion & underground techno aren't related, they're inherently linked bc fashion is breed out of things like this. you can't separate them

yeah but thats the exact opposite direction where fashion takes inspiration from the underground
that happens all the time with every genre

>looking nerdy or old
>not fashion

Its not cherry-picked, Mills always dresses well.

Even Bone dresses up, and he's notorious for shunning the limelight and keeping it techno.

Pic related.

Also stuff like this.

Just because they stay 'behind their name', doesn't mean they aren't interest in fashion.

youtube.com/watch?v=_UYEOeyRm4E

If you need more examples I will go on.

>forced to wear the stuff

I didn't mean people wearing it now. I meant people who wore it in the 90s for practical fetish use and for fashion.

>unsavory

Doesn't mean its not 'fashion', or that they aren't interested in fashion.

>Skream

I don't r8 Skream at all and I'm not sure what that video was meant to show me.

M83 if that shit counts. Boned a lovely QT but I paid for the tickets so I'm still feeling cucked

>Skream
>old events
>Skream

are you 15

???

yeah i would like to see some more examples because what you do is literally cherry picking. a producer being interested in fashion wont connect the entire genre and everyone with it

heres some people i like
>emmanuel
>etapp kyle
>shed
>cleric
>under black helmet
>dax j
>mark broom
>developer
>214
>surgeon
>len faki
>sejon
>dsv1

i cant name a single out of them who would be connected with fashion. theyre all average looking dudes. some dont even show his face

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOHOkAFYbRY

>tfw you will never have a qt dj gf

Dreamt about kissing Nina kraviz last night :/

youtube.com/watch?v=5rYXcmVSeBU

Respond to my whole post don't cherry pick points.

Go on google images --> Jeff Mills for more.
Go on google images --> Juan Atkins for more.

I don't even need to start talking about originators, Kraftwerks ect. Its obvious.

youtube.com/watch?v=jQRI3b2SX8c

Here's Len Faki, who obviously thought 'I'll just wear whatever I'm comfy in"...

All the rest of your examples will obviously wear brands and consiously think about fashion.

>some dont even show his face

Doesn't mean they don't have an image.

Headless Horseman doesn't show face, but is wearing all black still. Possibly because that is part of the fashion tied to techno.

>average looking dudes

So? Lots of them are wearing all black in they're sets. (fashion)

Even the ones in checkered shirts will have made a consious decision to wear it that day. They are still followers of fashions.

Not really sure what your argument is man. The genre is steeped in fashion from left & right, historically to now.

one of the originators of techno music

what more do you want srsly

Finally saw Ben UFO in October

Fucking brilliant set, ended up having to Shazam everything due to heat

Just put auto shazam on.

can you stop this reddit spacing please
all you do is link me the most popular boiler room videos. what the fuck user
len faki looks like a butcher who just got out of prison and he is literally in a black tee. i dont see anyone in the crowd who would be interested in fashion really and the people who rave the most are in comfy or everyday clothes. i have no idea what you trying to prove with this video even the boiler room presenter is in a horrible shirt

>Lots of them are wearing all black in they're sets.
and how the fuck is that connected to fashion. i wear black almost every day and i dont care about fashion

Saw em twice this year I thought they were p good

Are you typing on your phone..

Why do you think they are all wearing black user :)?

What do you think its called when some people with a shared identity wear similar clothes :)?

Saw a few great sets this year, not all techno but all super fun
Roman Flügel
Machinedrum
Blockhead
Audion
Dubfire
Nicolas Jaar
Bluetech
Lane 8

seeing Matthew Dear next week

8 is fucking incredible.

cant wait for them to release another run of vinyls.

im not but its painfully obvious that youre from reddit

>Why do you think they are all wearing black user :)?
i have no idea. i wear black because i like it. at berghain 99% of the people wear black because they think it helps them getting in.
the video you linked contains a bunch of average looking people you could see at every club

>What do you think its called when some people with a shared identity wear similar clothes :)?
most of the time its called newfaggotry when young adults and teenagers trying to make their entire identity around a music genre. while the old folks gonna wear clothes that are comfortable for hours and dont give a fuck about what others wear
ive never followed any retarded rules and been to berghain many times. this forced aesthetics is stupid as fuck

>most of the time its called newfaggotry

Ok, most of your favourite DJs/producers are 'newfags' then.

In the old rave video, they are clearly all interested in fashion and are wearing branded/interesting clothes.

>been to berghain many times

I'm talking about techno as a genre and cultural movement. Not Berlins most overhyped tourist attraction.

youtube.com/watch?v=cy9GregPIA4

w2c this tee in black?

producers wear black clothes because they like black clothes most likely. its the easiest way to get a clean and simple look. and not every one of them wear black clothes anyway. and that wont make them interested in fashion in the first place. you cant even make a difference between aesthetics and fashion. wearing all black is not really fashionable.
the people who go clubbing for the 3rd time in their life and wear black they most likely just trying to fit in

>I feel like I have a responsibility to make Berghain a safe place for people who come purely to enjoy the music and celebrate—to preserve it as a place where people can forget about space and time for a little while and enjoy themselves. The club evolved from the gay scene in Berlin in the nineties. It’s important to me we preserve some of that heritage, that it still feels like a welcoming place for the original sort of club-goers. If we were just a club full of models, pretty people all dressed in black, it would be nice to look at for a half an hour, but god, that would be boring. It would feel less tolerant, too.
sven

>most overhyped
you seriously typed this down after linking me the most popular boiler room videos? just look at i dont see many people in black and both len faki and klock sweating their ass off so their choices of clothes are beneficial

I linked you Len Faki's Boiler Room because you said you liked Len Faki lmao.

Also Headless Horseman isn't that popular.

>because they like black clothes

Why do you think they like black clothes?

Do they just like it?

Or are they perhaps influenced by their environments and interests...?

Wearing black would be a fashion aesthetic, not really sure your point.

Just because you can wear what you want at Berghain, doesn't mean techno and fashion aren't intrinsically linked.

>you seriously typed this down

Berghain is overhyped, they book mainstream artists like Klock/Kraviz, it isn't underground. Not really sure what you're getting at.

>i dont see many people in black

They're all wearing fashionable clothes though. The right hand pane is Dekmantel, where most the crowd is for sure white, middle class kids wearing hype brands.

largely proves my point

two individual DJs wearing the same styled clothes

what more is there to say

yeah sure whatever man just stop this reddit spacing already. i hope once youll actually go to an event and realise people dont give a shit about what you wear

cy@@

why does this fucking board have so many off topic threads? take this to /mu/ faggots

goddamn his posture is terrible

Another Budapest user here. See you guys at Mall Grab at Toldi?

And also is right.

If you think underground techno takes any inspiration or places any weight or importance in fashion trends, you're not getting it at all. Why do undeeground producers use pseudonyms, wear masks, and shun any sort of publicity? Because it's supposed to be totally and 100% about the music and divorced from any sort of fashion or aesthetic palette like almost every other form of music is.

Just because Derrick May or whatever other legendary producer wears minimalist black clothing doesn't mean that's what techno is about. That's just the image that retarded hypebeasts adopt who want to jump on the bandwagon and seem cool or intellectual

I volounteer at a pretty small electronic festival here and I try to go out when good acts are in town during the year so I get to see a lot of sets, not all of them techno.

Dj Stingray twice (even exchanged a few words and shook his mighty hand second time)
Karenn
Nicolas Lutz
La Fleur
Black Sun Empire, Phace, Ulterior Motive and a whole bunch of other dnb acts at Fabric before it closed
Paula Temple
Shifted (worst techno set I've ever seen surprisingly enough)
Apeiron Crew
Toxe
Peder Mannerfeldt
Amnesia Scanner (gave them coffee and sandwiches on the house after they finished playing, least I could do)

Those are the better known djs, I don't remember all the lesser / warm up acts.

Nina kraviz

skream is nice desu proper dubstep, only dubstep album i like is watch the ride.

aye i personally know her and will be seeing her at NY

nina kravitz is better desu oh la la what a woman
youtube.com/watch?v=FIgn3DiXRQs&feature=youtu.be

Nina is probably the most stunning woman in the electronic music scene today. Her label тpип is sick as well
youtube.com/watch?v=Su0NSgMdzjA

> implying /mu/ talk about techno other than /bleep/
They circlejerk over same Aphex/Autechre/Venetian snare and other '''IDM''' artists over and agian and again

who /Osijek/ here?

this
desu this is one of my favorite places to talk techno bc there are lots of users who know what they're talking about & are into the scene.
agree about bleep completely, there aren't many good techno forums desu. /r/techno (ik ik) has decent threads every once in awhile but /fa is my favorite

lesz szilveszteri after larmban illetve elotte is este 10-tol

larm kurva jo hely lenne de engem a tomeg meg a csicska kulfoldiek nagyon irritalnak, ja meg a wannabe kislanyok
ennek ellenere technokunst amit muvel ott az egyszeruen zsenialis

route 8 meg hellohargi miatt meg jobban megeri

What do you think makes foreigners more irritating than locals?

I mean I ask because i'm a foreigner living for a while in Budapest and i really want to stay respectful to the venue and crowd. Usually by normal rave behavior. But on the other hand before i enter places that seem "local" i know that the people in there probably do not want me to enter.

Which is a shame I think. Because techno and rave culture shouldn't be about being foreign or local. Generally going out and meeting people shouldn't... Even though there's a lot of drunk shit tourists as well.

So brother what's your opinions? Do you find it acceptable as long the foreigners doesn't go full drunk, taking pictures, etc.?

voi vittu Lasse mee nukkuu

gyertek lärmbe ma este, akasztokoteles gyerek vagyok

I went to Berlin and took acid for the first time in a club. Best experience I've ever had.

sry you misunderstood me, i thought about the tourists who go full drunk and punch everybody.
The city is open to foreigners in fact, so don't worry about it. Just dont yell, go full drunk or taking pictures with flash etc. at the club.

kene az a lavalava totebag de en mar csak 6.an megyek a larmba szerintem, meg 25en boiler room...

gentenaar?

Ah yeah those guys. I was wondering in general. Thanks for the answer homie and have a blessed weekend!

youtube.com/watch?v=5TF3kxIrFWo

budapest is pretty open-minded, i think most people love foreigners in general. and the average crowd at a techno night can only be better in this aspect. dont worry about such things, im a native and some people have just negative vibes towards everything, even if they dont have a specific problem with you. its more of an eastern european thing i guess and hungary is a country with a huge mix of people with eastern and western mentality, if i can generalise.

I want to into the techno scene in NYC, where do i start

Add me on facebook: Colton Brassie

Fucking tired of /mu/ coming over here. Go back to your band tees and cargo shorts, faggots.

Also if you dont have a facebook, Resident Advisor is a good place to start. The "unter" parties are the best. They're having one with stranger and Yan Cook on the 27th, which isn't the best line-up ever but it should be pretty lit. Presales are out now on RA.

>i thought about the tourists who go full drunk and punch everybody.
>The city is open to foreigners in fact, so don't worry about it.
Im foreign and live here, honestly just dont be an ass and no one gives a shit. people usually think I am hungarian and they say they didnt mean it as an insult like 1 hour ago haha
>kene az a lavalava totebag de en mar csak 6.an megyek a larmba szerintem, meg 25en boiler room...
This was my friend who you replied to you earlier &we went and this is what it looks like. pleased with how it looks desu

Kris wadsworth was fucking top btw, idk if anyone else has seen him but he put on such a good set. was right up front and shook his hand / interacted with him a lot. ended up doing xtc too so overall great time

>Fucking tired of /mu/ coming over here. Go back to your band tees and cargo shorts, faggots.
that couldn't be any less of what this thread is about.. bait? if not genuinely retarded mate

woi
youtube.com/watch?v=3gfxKYzgAcE

Cooltop, you know what? You used to be my most hated tripfag/namefag, this goes waaay back. You like techno now? I almost wanna become friends with you

what's is your thoughts on label merchandise?

>Mall Grab

do you actually like Mall Grab?

also
>techno
not the OP but you have no argument desu, they clearly all like clothes and their black t-shirts are designer

just because lots of them 'use psuedonyms, wear masks and shun...publicity?' doesn't mean they don't have an identity. It actually makes their identity more distinctive if anything.

shunning the limelight is unlikely to be intrinsic in all limelight shunners personalities = they do it because of respect for the scene or because its a trend in the scene

trends in the scene like wearing black

to say they probably do it because they all just happen to like black would misrepresent their intentions

your trying to say techno is devoid of fashion, it clearly isn't when you look at every producer

>divored of any sort of...aesthetic

just stop

This is the cringiest and most retarded thread ia have seen in a while

lmao how so? wanna elaborate chump? i don't like techno but it seems there are people just talking about something they like. probbaly one of the best threads going rn compared to redundant shit like asking if everything is /fa

if its minimal and black/dark coloured then yeah I think it is cool. also you need to genuinely like the label in question and know about it so if someone asks you dont look like some moronic poser

this

who are the best acts on trip besides nina? I'm only familiar with her. But yeah I do agree this is a quality tee

Anyone in Sydney area wanna techno and chill for NYE?

Bjarki have good tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=RT6FEJqqg24