Long Hair General

Post inspo, progress, advice, questions, etc.

how do i get this pretty

>Never have been able to grow hair past chin length in my life

Just fuck my shit up senpai

same, after 2 years I just gave up on this shit

Hey guys, I need advice on an hair problem.

I've started growing my hair out for the first time in my life last year, at the moment it's a bit below chin length.

The hair on the top and sides of my head is almost perfectly straight, however the hair on the back of my head has a really weird upwards curl that makes me look like a dumbass if I don't keep my hair in a bun.

What can I do to fix this? Will it stay down once my hair gets long and heavy enough?

Post pic

It should stay down eventually. How thick is your hair? Mine used to do that when it was above shoulder length but I have really thick hair and then it eventually went away. You could always straighten the back, too.

Can't post pic atm, sorry.

Not really thin nor really thick. I've got a fuckton of hair but the single strands aren't particularly thick.

By "straighten the back", you mean through treatment, flat iron or something else?
Thanks for the advice.

With an iron. I'm sure you could get a temporary solution done at a salon but irons aren't very expensive and you could just do it with your morning routine. Also don't straighten wet hair, that's a bad idea.

If you have naturally curly hair you can achieve that fairly easily through conditioning and anti-frizz products. If you have straight hair I can't help you, but maybe someone here knows how to curl hair nicely.

I've never used a flat iron before though.

I was always told extensive use would damage hair, though I've heard there's product you can apply before flat ironing to minimize damage.

use heat protection spray and you'll be fine. also straight irons usually have different heat settings so you can play with the settings and minimize damage that way too. (lets say 200 degrees straightens and holds your hair like that all day fine so you wouldnt need to use the 450 setting)

Is there any shampoo/conditioner which can help straighten hair? Do you know ways to straighten hair without heat?

you can't straighten it without heat. if there was a way to, i'd be all over that shit

>have hair down to my shoulders
>decide to cut the sides and back thinking it'll look good
>it really fucking doesn't
>realize the evenly long hair was the best possible style for me
another three years of shit hair, here I come

How do I make my hair into a mane? It's already long, but lacks that level of volume.

I want to start using oils, but i have a few questions for the people who use them:

Has it caused acne for you?
How much do you use? I imagine a few drops will do right?
Do you mix it with other things? water, honey, fruit, etc
How often? After every wash (if you wash it)? After every shower?

And finally, what do you reccomend, coconut, argan, jojoba?

it causes acne but not a lot, and only on the top of the forehead most of the time the hair hides it

yeah it depends. sometimes i only use a few drops and mix it into conditioning stuff or when i use only the oil i use a little bit more

yea like i said i mix it with either a "repair the tip of your hair" oil i got or with conditioning stuff

depends but mostly i use it twice a week maybe, but if i'm going out and it's really windy or something i use it before going out

COCONUT

btw my hair is curly

heres a pic of it

i know its not that long but ive been growing it out for a year and 3 months

depends on your skin type, body chemistry, and what you eat along with other important factors. do you have dry skin, normal skin, or oily skin? are you eating healthy, getting enough sleep, drinking enough water? the oil itself is not going to cause anyone acne on anyone unless you're already greasy, don't wash your face, or aren't taking care of yourself.

coconut oil would be best for your hair and the only food i'd recommend mixing it with is egg if you care enough. honey masks are more for skin care

u should wash it every day/second day
condition only
dont shampoo (this is subjective)

coconut oil is heavy af, dont use that shit its unnecessary and such a waste of time

antifrizz products have been invented for a reason

u shouldnt need to use oils unless ur hair is completely trashed from sunbleach or artificial lightening

and dont buy supermarket brand haircare

All u need to do is wash it once a day. Not that difficult

dont listen to this faggot
you shouldn't wash your hair every day unless you have ridiculously oily scalp

coconut oil is excellent for keeping your hair soft, apply and let sit for an hour then wash it out

Is greasy hair effay?

Diet

Great hair dude

How do I get hair like Jaco? Should I just let it grow or trim it once in a while?

bump

pic related for new passport photo, how'd I do senpai?

noice jaw

>have hair like this
>don't like it

Sorry for the hat being in the way but this is my best recent pic of my hair. I've been growing it since July and right now my routine is cold water + conditioner everyday (though if I'm lazy/not going anywhere I'll have a skip day) and I use tgel shampoo every other day bc of dandruff. Is there anything I should do while it's in the awkward stage? I'm going for chin length.

absolutely not

not long hair fuck off kido

"I'm going for chin length" kido

Use a relaxer with keratin.

What's the minimum length your hair must be in order to post ITT?

Senpai this isn't a kool kidz klub just post if you have an interest in growing/maintaining your hair, you wont get lambasted for posting as long as you actually make your intentions clear.

anyone?

most people just wear a hat during the awkward stage. i like your runescape party hat tho

Trying to get my hair like this, back is basically same length but front needs a little bit more. How to style my hair to look like this? Wavy but not limp and greasy looking

trying out an alternative to the meme bun 'cause I don't want to end up bald

C U T E ! ! !

lmao thanks it's from a christmas cracker but yeah baseball hats have been a lifesaver

Almost grown back, few months left

fucking beautiful

Here's some advice coming from someone who's spent years with hair down to his waist: get an electric razor and shave that shit off. The amount of time, effort and shampoo you'll save is nothing short of amazing.

No. Wash your damn hair and get a shave, you unkempt hippie.

>saving shampoo
why were you shampooing the ends of your hair? its for eliminating scalp oils. you sound lazy too considering theres pretty much no effort maintaining it

>pretty much no effort
>having to constantly wash and brush that shit or it gets all tangled up into a fucking mess
Yeah, no. Shaved hair is literally the most low maintenance haircut you could have, and I'm glad I eventually did it. And I'm saving on shampoo because I don't need to use any at all, I just rinse my head with water when I shower.

>eliminating scalp oils
this shouldnt be neccessary if ur healthy and dont live like shit

shampooing disrupts ur scalp ph

who would've thought you have to brush hair every morning and wash it? god all that effort is too much for a man

Unlike a woman, I've got shit to do, including getting to work, and unlike a woman, I'm not getting up two hours early just to get my hair looking nice. Instead, unlike a woman, I take the practical solution of getting a low maintenance haircut.

it depends on oil
i usually use it 1 -2 hours before shower but i can afford it since my mornings are always slow if u cant put them on for night but change sheets every 3-4 days, also you should then avoid oils that wouldnt work in favour of your skin.

I personally use my own mixture of castor oi, jojoba, sweet almons, little bit of argan essential oil, and some cold pressed cannabis oil. Inbetween them i use coconut oil if i feel like it.

Honestly coconut oil is the best. Since it wont cause acne breakouts if you have problem with them (atleast to my knowledge).

Honestly go to some organic bio vegan cosmetic shop and ask person working there. They know more than you or me.

its a saying

uh ok good luck to you and whatever internal issues you're having with women. but no one in the long hair thread cares about you preaching that you don't like having long hair. protip.

its a saying

I have my hair like that, just let it grow until it reach the length that you want.
Just keep in mind that if you have a shitty face, it won't look all that great.

Fuk

How do I grow my hair out without it looking like shit

lol masculinity issues

did daddy beat u before he abandoned u at the trailer park

>give it to me my natural hair is straight and bullshit

>sleep in space buns
>ezpz wavy hair in the morning

takes like 10 minutes b

his girlfriend probably got sick of his pissy whining and dumped him

growing for 2.5 years. I have an oily scalp and have to shampoo everyday. How bad is this really? Also what alternatives do i have?

No-poo is an option, as your oily scalp might be caused by your frequent shampooing instead of the other way around.
You could also try cutting off a few inches or giving it layers to make it more interesting/make it look thicker.
Could try what said to make it wavy and see how that works out for you.
All this if you don't want to throw out 2.5 years of progress.
You could always try cutting most of it off and trying short hair if you don't like how it looks, imo it looks a bit thin and slightly boring, but otherwise decent enough.

Wear a beanie (or any kind of hat), that's the only way.

Looks flat. Use products and add texture to volumize it theres a bunch of tutorials you can google

had a problem when i grew my hair before. I would get pimples on my scalp. any help would be lovely.

I want to dye my hair blonde for the blue eyes blonde hair combo. Worth it?

I am growing out my hair to sell, pretty excited about my progress so far. I've managed to keep it healthy and strong, and it is already long enough to put in a small ponytail if I wanted to (although I will wait longer for such a hairstyle).
The key seems to be a mix of no-poo method, or at least a reduction in washing, and periodic treatments with coconut oil/hair oils to keep it strong and thick.
Feeling pretty good about it!

Sure, but make sure to get it professionally done or it will look like jaundice trash.

Any clue to what extent my eyebrows should match? I've seen a lot of blonde hair but slightly darker eyebrows online and that might be the case with me if I just get my hair dyed.

Your hair stylist should be able to give you either a shade of blonde that won't look unnatural against your eyebrows, or dye them to match. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF unless you like being blind.

god mode inspo

What color / eye brow combination should I lean towards? I like both of these. Other inspo is fine too if there are suggestions. I am very pale with minimalist mostly black wardrobe.

Absolutely

How long does this take you

its a braid. like 30 seconds

Depends on the look you are going for. I like the left a lot, as it wouldn't be a harsh contrast to a black wardrobe as a more platinum could be, but if you're one to enjoy stark contrast I'd go lighter. All about your preferences.
Besides, with the left it wouldn't look like trash after your roots come in. Another thing to consider- are you willing to maintain it?

I've never dyed my hair before. How often would I have to maintain it if I choose to go platinumish?

I have a really nice thick head of hair, but it's at that awkward mouth length.

I was set on cutting it tomorrow, but this thread makes me want to keep going.

Depends on how fast your hair grows. For some people it can be a few days before roots start showing, for others a few weeks. To keep it looking sharp, I'd say at least a monthly touch-up if not a two-week touch-up.

Awesome, thanks for the advice man!

No problem, best of luck to ya!

Thanks!

can someone with a very thin and long face pull a long haircut

yes down to the shoulders would look great

does caster oil really help getting your hair look /thicc/? I have super fine and relatively straight hair but really want to grow it out again. ;_;

Don't really know if I'll keep this or get it cut.

get that short emo hair outta here boi

I have long curly hair down to my ass and I spend literally 5 minutes a day running my fingers through it in the shower. I don't know how people get so many tangles in their hair. I guess if you really need to you could use a pick.

looks gooder than heck f a m.

Not who you're replying to, but I'm going to guess that either you have thin hair with smooth hair shafts, it's not actually as curly as you think or you're bullshitting.

I have very thick, very curly and coarse hair. Turning my head too much while wearing clothing thicker than a tshirt would cause tangles at the base of my neck to form. By the end of the day I would have a matted patch on the bottom later at the base of my neck.

Cutting it short was the best decision I ever made.

Not everyone has low maintenance hair when it's long.

Bottom layer*

This was two years ago so it's longer now but I guess this isn't strictly curly. More often than not though people refer to my hair as curly rather than wavy. It's pretty thick.

I want hair like dis so bad, but just started growing it out.

What kind of product does he use ?

Anyone have some suggestions to what I can do to remove frizz from my hair? It's really annoying and I'm not sure what I can do.