Gat Inspo Thread: Margiela or original

Got some gats and need some inspo. Will dump some pics i already have.

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/hN3a
shuitsang.com/
shuitsang.tumblr.com/
styleforum.net/t/279308/margiela-line-22-gat-sneakers-help
imgur.com/a/9cyPD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got Svensson's for Christmas

relace them, that shoe shop display lacing mildly triggers me.

Also, my recent cop! Was fairly cheap even, I wonder why.

really bad pants and shoe interaction going on here

how much did you pay senpai?
also how do you like them so far?

155 eur new. Feel nice, leather is much softer than GATs, the inner lining is also leather and not some thin polyester blend. Toebox is wider, but still fairly stiff.

I'd still prefer to take the OG gats to the gym for doing actual sports though.

they actually came like that and i re laced them myself. i far prefer the factory lacing

Ew, if you like that - okay.

>tucking pants behind shoe tongue

no bully pls

just got my gats and they're great

imo the originals look much better, did you buy them like this on purpose though?

I had my OGs for 2 years now and just happened to see the replica for cheap.

While I agree that the OG has a less bulky silhouette, all the materials on the MMM are a huge step up.
With full leather lining on the inside, they more comfortable for everyday wear, though less useful for a sport shoe.

yeah i can agree on quality, i think the best releases were the early margeila release using the exact same look, just with better materials. my main problem with them is the image they put off though, expensive shoes make it look like youre trying much too hard to be cool

wtc that shirt, fuck

I don't see a problem in the everyday scenario, where they go as unnoticed as CPs (unless it's some gaudy model)

Speaking of which, I'd really like to see some paint splatter fits in here. And some other designers' takes on GATs.

Dior B01s, Svensen, Epaulet etc.

I love these shoes. I'll re-do the infographic when I have time but I just felt like contributing something for now.

Same situation as you, the OGs are my beater pair now and I wear the MMs when I don't have to worry about the weather. I got back from uni recently and showed my friend the pair and he noticed the leather quality as soon as he touched the shoes.

GATs are phantastic beaters in terms of indestructability. Been rotating it with black stan smiths for beating. Stans' soles died after 2 years, GATs are still well and alive.

Though recently someone who actually served back then in the 80s, when GATs were standard issue, told me that all the soldiers went and got Sambas instead, lol.

If I take original GATs, how can I DIY them to change the colour of the gum sole to something else (e.g black) and change the colour of the upper leather and suede to something else?

>pretending to be a tripfag girl online for internet attention when you're a basement dwelling autist

proof: vid.me/hN3a

kinda interested, too. I think someone showed how he used spray paint to color his purcells, but I can't dig up the post in the archives right now.

I was thinking of using leather dye for the leather and maybe fabric dye for the suede (or leather dye for the suede) but not sure how to do the soles. Maybe some kind of ink or, like you say, spraypaint

I genuinely don't get the appeal of these shoes. Like, they aren't ugly, but they're not incredible either.
Someone redpill me on why these are so great.

i have a pair and they are just an over glorified pair of sambas imo

i don't see that much discussion of gats besides on Veeky Forums
it's a well designed easy to wear shoe that hasn't yet turned into a complete meme like common projects and stans

OG gats are viewed as the prototype adidas, the root and source of adidas' success. It's 50% legend/implications and 50% the shoe that make the appeal imho.

And then some high fash brands pick up this mix and step it up with more luxurious materials and market it right back.

Makes sense?

For me, they're a really basic but versatile shoe. Their quality is surprisingly solid as mentioned and comfortable. I personally like the design. Really nice but it isn't too loud. Imo, they're the best shoe for their price tier. It also doesn't hurt that so many designers have added their own taste to the shoe.

>over glorified pair of sambas
Or are Sambas an over glorified pair of GATs?

as mentioned before, our west German conscripts hated the standard issue GATs and preferred to buy their own sambas.

they're just nice versatile shoes
if you're looking for some secret to GATs you're not gonna find it
just think about a situation where you need a basic pair of sneakers and then think about your options
GATs fill that space
they're super cheap, super durable, and they go with everything

>normies getting on the Margiela train

expect to see a couple pairs of my replicas on Grailed by this weekend

MMs have been popular for years though, even on Veeky Forums. They're even popular on reddit you spaz

>They're even popular on reddit you spaz
yup time to sell

The juiciest GAT inspo
Where can I find more of this person

Solid fit dood and the gats look nice. Only thing I would say is the sweater like poles out at the bottom. Your proportions/silhouette would prob look better if u fixed it

He was actually killed drifting in the streets of Tokyo. Who knew his good friend would also die from an accident years later.

shuitsang.com/

shuitsang.tumblr.com/

lol

GAT inspo?

Skinny black jeans according to this thread...

thank you
yea it's one of those sweaters that if u hang it up it stretches out over time

i need to toss it in the dryer and fold it next time

you're about 3 years too late sorry bud.

What yall think about the GAT highs?

ID on pants?

I don't really think either CPs or MMM gats are under the radar these days. I have both and get comments from strangers probably once a week on average, though people recognize the gats more. They're not even an outlandish variant, just the og white/grey with brown sole

depends on where you live I guess. Central EU here.

copped these navy gats
how hard did I fuck up?

they are ugly

don't buy things just because they are on sale

w2c a shirt that fits like this

not sold on the design. Imo the low top MMM replica already run a bit bulky, and the high top make that even worse.

you can't quite wear them with black or dark indigo pants, that's all

>Someone redpill me
wait until you're older, you'll figure it out sooner or later

how do they size?

Tts or size down 0.5

im the person you quoted
i actually sized up for mine
im a 38 in cp 40 in gats

Not him but what the fuck. What GATs are we talking about? OGs I went TTS, MMs I went down 1 and they both fit fine

mine fit real nice and i went tts

im talking about mm gats

bought mine in a size 40 but im usually size 38
i probably could have gone with a 39.5 but half sizes are to find.

styleforum.net/t/279308/margiela-line-22-gat-sneakers-help

if u google more about it most people say they run small and tts

You could make it work with black pants if you picked a loud top with some blue accenting.

I'm curious to hear about the epaulet gats. Haven't seen reviews or comparisons to the Mmm and dior / svensen yet

anyone have any opinions/reviews of the svenssons? i like the margom sole and they are on sale a lot..

looks alarmingly similar to a uniqlo airsim tee

there's some reddit article comparing 4 different GAT versions, maybe that helps.

imgur.com/a/9cyPD

Weird. Size 38 to 40 is no joke, that's a huge difference, really. If you really want a half size next time I think only the women's version of the shoe offers them, by the way. Also, footlet bois unite I wear a 39 regularly but since every designer loves to make their shoes a size too big I'm fucked in most scenarios.

Don't let the sales fool you, user. If you're patient you can get a pair of used MMs for a similar price (~$200) that have barely been used. If you're a footlet (below 40EU imo), check any website that looks like a Grailed equivalent for women. LOOK AT THIS SHIT. 3 months ago some girl sold MMM GATs from a couple of seasons back for $73. Clean those shoes up, apply elbow grease to the suede, resell for $400 on Grailed and say they're vintage. Girls don't know how to resell, user. Take advantage of it. I'm not even cherry picking either, there's a newer pair of 38.5EU in pretty good condition with the box that is being sold for $229, but with a $30 discount code you get $30 off. $200 if you're 38.5EU, and they've been on sale since October so you can probably haggle down to maybe $200. MMs for $170 just like that, user. There's a 38EU for nearly the same price, a bit cheaper actually, and pristine condition. I'm fucking rambling at this point but don't get shoes just because they're cheaper. Shop smart.

Oh fuck I forgot the picture

can you rec sites that are the female equivalent to grailed? I might wanna look for stuff for my sis.

I just found out about them a few weeks ago, but generally any online store that labels themselves as a high-end consignment store or luxury consignment store or anything will do it. They have sales (at least, some do) every now and then where the prices are literally cut in half for some items. These sites tend to be much better for sneakers, but women's clothing I'd imagine is priced closer to their real cost. I'm thinking about making a poor fag general with a redone copypasta that goes in depth to all this. I had to rebuild my wardrobe due to an accident this year and buying second hand has saved me an immense amount of money.

>footlet bois unite
i feel u i really want raf velcros and can't find any size below a 40 which i know will be too big
baka shit sucks for real.

Exact same scenario. Closest I've seen is a pair of 38.5 OG Velcros on Grailed. They were posted twice but I hesitated both times because the quality just wasn't there. They ended up selling for $209. I don't really regret it but at the same time it's our white whale I guess.

dat airmax tho

depop

got my svenssons for 80 on grailed literally 9.7/10 condition

honestly svenssons are really kinda ugly
their soles are twice the width of the mmms/OGs so they end up looking kinda stupid

What?! Lol