Smart and Casual Thread

I don't know if this even the right site for asking such a question, half of the threads on here are over the top or spergcore that no one irl without looking obscene would wear. But smart casual inspo thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULn2EuEVUD4
bonnegueule.fr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wrong site

OP most of the posters here are underage teens. They don't even know what a job is.

You'll have a better time looking up youtube channels

RMRS
Gentlemen's Gazette
Art of Manliness
Etc etc

wrong site mate. Only underage anorexic goofninjas come here.

if you want to start a serious thread try starting with a picture that doesnt look like utter crap.

Great contributions. You keep pointing the finger at other posters but you're the real cancer of Veeky Forums.

?? I posted sources.
You didn't post anything of value. Real hypocritical user.

What do you want?

Nigga, dressing in this style is easy as fuck. Literally go to banana republic, nordstrom, and jcrew and buy some shit. Go to a tailor and get it fitted. Fucking done. It's not difficult to wear chinos or jeans and a button up with some wingtips. Seriously, you don't need inspo. You just need a credit card and a ride to the mall.

Well the guy in OP pic still miserably failed

It's not that easy

Yeah you posted autism-tier youtube channels congrats user

He's slightly overstyled, but it honestly doesn't matter that much. If you're dressing like that it's for chicks and they would definiately fuck that dude.

Step one to looking good in clothes is looking good without them.

He'st not overstyled

He's wearing unfitting and unmatching clothes

Navy, brown, and indigo all like each other. That is clearly a casual woven sold to be worn with jeans or chinos. Everything is slightly too small which is how they always style models for photos. The fuck are you talking about?

>Everything is slightly too small
So it's unfitting just like I said

> Navy, brown, and indigo all like
Navy and brown or indigo and brown, yes

Navy and indigo, not here. They are too close and it doesn't look good to have matching or quasi-matching shirt and pants. It might have worked with a lighter shirt or with washed jeans, but not this way

> The fuck are you talking about
:^)

Retard alert. They always put models in things slightly too small because it looks better for photos. The shirt and pants both work because as you can see the textures and patterns are different. It's a fine jcrew or nordstrom or whatever advertisement pic.

bro the colours are fine and the clothes are fine too, if anything maybe just too slim
stop being contrarian, you're not convincing anyone who isn't a serial memer

>They always put models in things slightly too small because it looks better for photos
Only retarded low end brands do obviously, since that's the first time I ever read about such bullshit :^)

Look at any gq magazine ever

Lol if GQ is a reference for you then I might as well stop replying

this

>too small blazer
>wearing indigo jeans with a blazer ever
>untucked jcrew tier shirt
>undershirt visible
>pinterest tier accessories

utter garbage

I did not even notice the undershirt
Even worse than I thought

Any inspo for these shoes?

Undershirt being slightly visible is not a fit-killer you spergs, although this fit does suck.

And while typing this out yoy fags can't come up with a better alternative on how to dress smart casual.

Same shit but in the right size
Replace shirt with rough beige or lighter blue oxford
You're welcome

>itt dad's money

Jeans and a blazer is fine.
>light shirt and dark jeans
Oh wow, so unique.

How? Most of this board loves expensive shit that looks crap. You can dress like this for cheap

??what youtube channels do you browse tough guy?

Also you're being hypocritical again

Have you actually watched their videos or are you just fun-posting? Objective cricism right now or you're 100% full of shit.

They're extremely subjective and reflect nothing but the own personal taste of the guys behind them, who usually don't know shit about fashion. Their advice is biased and generic as fuck. Only art of manliness gives a few useful tips from time to time, but that's pretty much it

I don't know any good English youtube channel on the subject so I don't watch any :^)

There's a good French one though, and the reason for it is that the guys behind the channel actually grew up to be designers. They work with various high end brands, they have their own high end line, and the team is very diverse (many of them dress smart, sometimes with Italian vibes, others are more casual, and there's even a darkmeme lord as well as a techwear enthusiast). So in the end they actually know what they're talking about, and they are aware of what is subjective and of what is objective, unlike the other channels

>Oh wow, so unique.
Please this outfit is meant to be basic as fuck, I only said how it could at least not be a fail

The problem I have with this fit is
>too many accessories
>wearing jeans with that outfit
Otherwise I like it. No one here likes it because Veeky Forums likes to dress either goof ninja or "le street wear". Both come as a result of no actual career, which means underage

anyone?

Smart and casual is supposed to be generic no?? You can't branch out too far then it isn't "smart and casual"

French and Italian?
Send links user.

No you can add some personality to a smart or to a casual outfit. It doesn't have to be generic

See the fits in pic related for instance (but please ignore the cringeworthy posing)

The same goes for sartorial outfits, there are really outstanding ways to wear suits and formal clothes in general

The yt channel I was talking about (in French obviously) : youtube.com/watch?v=ULn2EuEVUD4

Which is ran by the team of this website : bonnegueule.fr/

Underrated post

Thanks for finally contributing. I'll check it out.

contributing to this teen-infested fedora cringefest known as /fa

hes right though

Veeky Forums has resented any fashion that isn't cringe for years now

t. fedora autist underage faggot

epic bro!

you really got me!

bump

nice

You can match those with a lot of things. Those shoes would look good from casual to semi-formal. SR the top of my head I'm thinking white shit with a sober pattern (tiny dots, some like that) dark blue/black jeans and matching belt. Brown blazer if it's chill outside

What can a tall guy do for decent pants, im fat (42 waist, can fit a 40 uncomfortably), but am losing weight. The problem is i wear a 34 length and most under $100 pants from decent brands i only ever find in 32 length even if i find my waist

Lose weight.
It is easy as fuck. Calories in, calories out.
Read the Veeky Forums sticky.

I am losing weight. Im down 40lbs actually

if you're going to dress like this please do your best to look like you arent dressed by an infographic

Some really nice contributions, shame these spergs can't stand good looking fits

Oh my god it doesn't fucking matter, he's probably more successful than you and definitely gets laid more. Get over it

>Navy sweater
>Navy pants
>Navy blazer
>White shirt
>rinse and repeat
Great fits wow amazing

They'd all get more pussy than you

Faggot

>RMRS
>Gentlemen's Gazette
>Art of Manliness

These look like clickbait trash to exploit all the "Swag is for boys; Class is for men" fedoras.

t. sweaty lard bucket who uses undershirts to prevent pit stains

Tbh the only smart casual that isn't cringe or played out is done by yohji and lemaire

It's an introduction to smart casual..don't be a dick.

Post your sources then.

good looking non-meme trends when?

>These look like clickbait trash to exploit all the "Swag is for boys; Class is for men" fedoras
Yup he's right

this is so accurate it hurts

i like how people on Veeky Forums keep saying smart casual (this word alone gives away how clueless they are) is boring and easy but never fail to demonstrate how little they know about it and the subtle differences between the each different style encompassed in the term "smart casual".
no need to mention the lack of aesthetic sense of most posters, that's a board-wide phenomenon.
Veeky Forums was a mistake.

>those shitty Reddit tier recommendations
Die

To get a shorter inseam he needs to lose HEIGHT

this image always rustles Veeky Forumss and fedora redditors' jimmies