ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/threads/212334-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agarwood
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Anyone ever used Unique fragrance to design their own perfume?

I want too but I'm hesitant incase it turns out to be a bottle of cat piss or shitty quality.

I chose agar wood, white musk, vetiver, blue cedarwood, blackcurrant and bourbon vanilla. Would these scents work? I wanted a masculine deep natural smelling/woody aroma with hints of sweet fruit.

If that site is a load of shit could you recommend any scents I might like based on those 6 I selected? Willing to go up to around 150, for any season.

Also anyone have any recommendations for job interviews? I already own Bvgari Man in black, Terre D'Hermes, Dsquared2 Wood, Creed Virgin island water and Blue de Chanel

T-thanks

Looking for some recs, my dudes.

>Male
>up to $150
>spring-summer
>casual occasions mostly
>love fresh fragrances, i wear CDG2 a LOT, and tend to stray towards unisex scents
>nothing classically "masculine"
>i wear a lot of black

I'm You could try Virgin island water by creed. It's something I wouldn't usually go for but I got it as a gift and intend on using it this summer.

I couldn't recommend a fresh scent that pairs with black clothes in spring/summer though.

Copped pic related blindly based on positive reviews and the low price point. It is a not-quite amber oud, dryly sweet and woody with a healthy dose of cinnamon and nutmeg. Early impression is a more casual version of Bond No. 9 New York Amber. Longevity is Very Good - still clearly present the next morning when sprayed the previous afternoon. Not bad for EdT concentration!

I am usually disappointed by hype beast fragrances and was expecting very little, but 24 Gold Oud is actually of very good quality! Even though I already own a dozen niche oud fragrances, I'll make time in my rotation to enjoy this cheapie as well.

Man I wish I had a bottle of viw. Light tropical fragrances are an absolute insta-nut for me since I live in Florida and it's summer for like 10 months out of the year.

Yeah, as I said.. It wasnt something id usually go for as I like woody scents. Received it as a gift and ive fell in love with it, trying to search for more perfumes out of my comfort zone now.

Here's my rec. Another 13. 50ml bottle is just at your price point. Got a sample of this Le Labo fragrance a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. This will be my next full bottle purchase.
Starts off clean and fresh, velvety and sterile, very much like an escentric molecules style fragrance. Over then next few hours it develops a woodsy, ripe fruity, and VERY musky aroma yet it remains clean and fresh.
Longevity is off the charts.

It's your resident Odeur 53 shill here to recommend you try Odeur 53.

a friend of mine wears that, i like it. not going to steal his style though.
interesting, i'd love to try it. i'll see if any stores in my city have it in stock.
every time i try 53 i feel different about it :\. Not sure if I could pull the trigger.

>i'll see if any stores in my city have it in stock
It's one of their "city exclusive" fragrances and the full bottles are only sold by colette.fr
You can get a sample from their main site.

What is the concensus here of Davidoff's Zino? Reviews all seem very positive, but it doesn't have nearly as many as Cool Water.

Copped Burberry London (mens) after a recommendation on here, and immediately loved it. Thanks Veeky Forums.

damn, i'll have to order that. your notes have me interested.

Yeah 53 somehow floats around with how it smells. When I first got my tester it smelled like straight up rubbing alcohol and gave me killer headaches, it later smelled liked ozone and rubbing alcohol, and on warm days it smells like the previous notes but with warm and and cotton mixed in.

yep. my first spray gave off HEAVY paint notes, and by the time the scent was wearing off, all i could smell was metal. i gave it another shot a few weeks ago and i got cotton that ranged from pleasant to overbearing in the first hour or two, and got very nice variety of fresh scents towards the end of it's life.

I don't know about a consensus, but after owning a bottle for years, I swapped it away. While I found it pleasant and well composed, it was never something I felt enthusiastic about. I'm sure I'm in the minority, given it's excellent reviews. I kept 5ml so I'll try it out every year or so and see if it's grown on me...

I'll always have a bottle. What else would I wear on Thanksgiving and Christmas? Wore it just the other day and got a compliment. Hey, my mom still counts!

Any updates from that dude who bought those Arabic copycat fragrances?

Yeah bro ofc it does, shes hot af

10/10

Maybe not a 10 but an easy 8...

Could anyone explain to me how the new Fahrenheit differs from the original? Considering copping, so also wondering if anyone happens to know the cheapest way to cop in the UK.

Asking again ITT, Any cheaper alternatives to Penhaligons Sartorial?

>tfw I work in a "fragrance-free workplace" and only ever go out to sports bars on the weekend cause that's all my friends want to go to

All my fragrances just sit there unused and I keep buying more

These are the only two I own, what should I add to the collection? Am I missing anything?

I'm 25, male, £0-70 budget, I enjoy woody and citrus scents and I'm looking for something to wear in winter/fall.

Not pictured: Issey Miyake - L'Eau d'Issey

personally the opening (and much of the drydown too) reminds me a bit too much of the smell of mosquito repellant

Why is your workplace fragrance-free? Have never heard of this before.

get different friends / start dating / stop working at such a formal wagecuck workplace

Try Bleu de Chanel

terre d'memes

Looking for a spring/summer fragrance, torn between CDG2 or CDG2 Man

I can't fucking decide! I'm 22, just looking to wear it casually.

Probably because it could cause issues for employees with allergies or sensitive noses. It sucks, but I get it.
They probably put the policy in order because some woman was coating herself in a cloud of fragrance (this was the biggest reason for it back at my high school) and it was causing problems for others.

Any designer or particular selections that are similar to CB I Hate Perfume's library but are actually useful as fragrances? I really like the niche stuff like Burning Leaves, Black March, and 7 Billion Hearts but once applied they're so faint I may as well not be wearing anything. I like subtlety but...

Can i wear it in office?

Looking for some spicy oriental recs.

I like and own

Bottega veneta pour homme
Tuscan leather
GIT
Tom Ford for Men ( I want to get my hands on the extreme version. I like this a lot, but I'm not a fan of the amount of citrus in it)

I've tried and disliked

La nuit l'meme (way too much of a baby powder note)
Spicebomb
Aventus (smells like sport body wash I used in middle school)
Every A*Men
Tom ford Tobacco Oud

go with CDG2, i've had both and I didn't like the overly masculine feel Man would give off in the bottom notes. CDG2 is lovely throughout it's entire lifespan, and it's good to touch into your feminine side a bit.

have you tried his absolutes?

I've been wearing Invictus for a few days since my brother in law got it for me for Christmas. I have a lot of mixed thoughts on it. I like it, but one thing about it is that it's strikingly douchy. I thought for a long time that Allure Homme Sport was probably the douchiest fragrance I've smelled, but it has been dethroned and subsequently cuckolded by Invictus. Another thing is that it is RIDICULOUSLY strong. One spray on the chest is literally too much. You may not choke other people out but you will choke yourself out. I can't imagine wearing this in the summer. My favorite part about it however is easily the opening. It's extremely synthetic and smells like hairspray but for some reason it's charming how ridiculously douchy it is. I don't like the drydown very much, unfortunately. It wouldn't be a problem if it was mainly just woody, but theres a sickening sweetness that mixes with the woods that stays throughout the entire duration (well over 24 hours on my skin even with a shower).

7.5/10 overall. 2.5 pts subtracted because of the bad drydown and the overwhelming power of it, but this thing is a compliment beast. Now I'm curious to smell Invictus Aqua, if it's a lighter more toned down version of this I would probably enjoy it a lot more.

Post top 5 most complimented frags you own
go

invictus makes me want to literally vomit, and im not saying this as a niche shill, im saying this as someone who enjoys one million

invictus aqua definitely less obnoxious, i like it a lot

meme list
aventus
la nuit
bleecker st.
sauvage
back to black

Have you smelled One Million Prive?

It's actually pretty nice.

That's what I'd tried, the little 2m trial-sized absolutes of all three. Should I just put on more, then? Or would the water spray versions distribute a little better?

How much does armani code profumo smell like the original? I absolutely adore the original scent so I'm tempted but also turned off as people say it smells like 1million

Santal 33
Escentric 02
L'air du desert marocain
Tobacco Vanille
Rose 31

la nuit
cdg wonderwood
cdg 2
roads this weekend (super niche, never see it mentioned but real nice)
margiela jazz club

Man in black by bvgari

Musc Ravageur or Meharees if you're poorfag
though they are pretty powdery even more so than la nuit imo

What is everybody wearing for New Years Eve events?
I'm torn between
>la nuit
>DnG the one
>ADG profumo

h-help?!!11

>These are the only two I own
>Am I missing anything?
I saw your post last thread and couldn't come up with a suitable answer. If you are happy and satisfied with your fragrances, you are NOT missing anything. If you smell something you like and feel it will fit in your wardrobe and you can afford it and it will please you to smell like it, by all means buy it.

If you want a recommend, know that citrus notes are pretty tied in with warmer weather frags, but as said, TdH is a great all-season frag that has a nice bitter orange note, and also try L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme and Égoïste. Note that none of these will make anyone go "ooh, citrus!" but they do have a semi-prominent citrus note as part of their overall compositions.

Seconding Méharées/MR and adding:

Chergui
Costume National Homme
Égoïste
Havana
Jour de Fête
Opium (original & pour Homme)
Sushi Imperiale

Scent of Peace FH
New York Patchouli
Cedrat Boise
Aventus
Anyway

Much like basenotes.net/threads/212334-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments it is tied in with what you wear, in the sense that if you don't wear it you won't get complimented on it, but that said:

Dior Homme
Body Kouros
Égoïste
Kouros
Terre d'Hermès

Is buying fragrances on eBay risky? What are the chances I'll get a bottle of piss? Are there any (uk) sellers you would recommend?

Anybody have any experience with Lush perfumes? Let me know your thoughts pls

Opinions on this?

>post my top 5
>autismos from Veeky Forums go buy them
>autismos wear same fragrances and me
Nah.

Nut.

WHAT

2Man is an instant nut for me, along with Wonderwood and Odeur 53.

i like OG 2 better, but Man is fantastic for those who love classic masculine notes with a twist.

Male, 24 years old, live in a mild climate e.g. roughly 60 Fahrenheit year round so not sure if seasonal stuff matters.

Looking for something mature and dark maybe?
Also memorable and long lasting if possible.
Any ideas lads?

What part of the world stays around 60ºF?

Try Encre Noir, Antaeus, Eau Sauvage Parfum or Narciso Rodriguez for Him.

Ireland, usually it gets down to 40ºF during the winter but it hasn't this year yet and I don't think it will desu. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look at those.

Does Odeur 53 could have a bad smell for other people? I enjoy it really badly but I'm afraid that it smells like complete garbage to others so I could never approach them anymore.

Guys, I love both Lutens Eau Froide et L'instant Guerlain equally, so please help me and choose one based only on your opinion (because they both fill all my criterias).

Oh I also forgot Fahreneit. Between these three, please.
Also the comments from other ppl you get with them interest me.

Just blind bought CH men prive
Did I fuck up?

Opinion on Dolce and Gabbana One?

Good. Performance blows.

Here's DnG the one EDP summed up: sweet tobacco fruity masculine

DUDE SWEET AND SPICY LMAO, but not as sweet as something like 1 Million. I personally love the stuff, but the performance and sillage blows as others have said so it's more of an intimate fragrance than the loud type that leaves a cloud.
You can easily find the stuff for under $60 so I say go for it if you really like it.

going to a bar tonight for NYE, it'll probably be quite busy and I'll be getting close to
La nuit current reformulation or the one EDP?

Close to girls*

just stay close to La Nuit, it will smell hundert percent better than any pleb girl scents

The One if it's a more intimate type of club, La Nuit if it's full on brochad fist in the air dick in the ass.

Of the three, I've only tried Fahrenheit. I own L'Instant and Extreme pH, but have never tried the original ladies' version. Of those, I vastly prefer Fahrenheit, but I consider that one of the greatest masculines ever made, and the only one I've gotten multiple positive comments on (just "you smell GOOD!"). LIdGpHE got a negative reaction, but I might have misjudged application and put on too much.

So, while repeatedly smelled Fahrenheit on my wrist I kind of fell in love with that smell. It fitted me so nice during the day, as if this fragrance was made for my skin. So after that I returned to the fragrance shop and bought it, and I'm proud of it now.
Thanks for your appreciation btw, at least I did the best choice.

is le male by gaultier good?

Yeah tested it before in a store.
Top tier fragrance for the winter, club or all around chick magnet. The vanilla totally lightens you up and will have girls flocking to you.

When I have the money for it I will definitely add it to my collection.

You should still try to test it in the store before you go ahead and buy it.

If you can find a vintage bottle then yes, otherwise whats out on the shelves right now is a shell of a once legendary fragrance

nah it's pretty nice

What are some fragrances that dont have shitty performance?
Im struggling to find any that perform well

sensitive skin fag here

what are some recommended natural ouds?

I'm referring to agarwood resin used as a perfume:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agarwood

im not really into designer brands fyi

What have you tried so far? If you value longevity and sillage, look into Bond No. 9, Creed, and Mancera. These houses use powerful fixatives and higher concentrations of oils for strong performance.

At lower price points, I can recommend 24 Gold Oud () and the Rasasi La Yuqawam / Tobacco Blaze pair. Strong, cheap, and long lived.

Still digesting the Rumz al Rasasi trio, but the short version is that they're a mixed bag.

Assuming that Rasasi are shooting for Aventus, Zebra misses the mark the same way that Armaf Club de Nuit does - by going lemon-y with the top notes and neglecting blackcurrant and vanilla entirely. Also, the birch (smoky) note used here is identical to CDNI - cheap smelling and actually unpleasant until maybe 3 hours into the wear. I really want a "deluxe clone" of Aventus using higher quality ingredients in the style of La Yuqawam, but this is not it.

It's hard for me to pin down exactly what I don't like about Leo. Not a very complicated scent, it comes across as cheap and thin in the same way as Zebra. I get some light sandalwood and spices and resins, but nothing with real depth and nothing that would lead me to draw comparisons to Jubilation XXV as some have elsewhere online. I don't want to judge it too harshly based on brief skin tests but honestly it will be tough to force myself to wear this for further evaluation.

Crocodile is the winner of the three, and it's one of Rasasi's best western style scents. Easy-wearing Sauvage flanker / 90% copy. Really agreeable and nothing to complain about.

I'll say that Rasasi's presentation for this Rumz mini-line is exceptional considering their $15 price tag in their home market. The bottle and box designs are western-grade, with smart flourishes like matching themed animal print inside of the outwardly minimalist box. This is a nice step up from Al Wisam's cheap plastic-shelled bottle and Chinese knockoff grade cardstock box.

Hope you got some cash for Christmas. agaraura.com

Haven't smelt it so I can't you but if you get no other responses look at the similar fragrances thing on fragrantica

My high-school strongly recommended people wear some sort of fragrance or deodorant because in the summer the smell of sweat got pretty offensive.

I wore Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.

Just hopping in here

Recently turned 19, got some proper cologne for my birthday as part of a gift set. Specifically, the Davidoff Cool Water four-set. I've sampled my fare share in stores, borrowed my dad's or big bro's once in awhile, but this is the first stuff that's really stuck with me. I love it.

Anyone ever used it? Anyone like it? Anyone hate it?

It's pretty well known in the frag community, with the majority of people being familiar with the scent and most probably enjoying it.
I myself have used many bottles of this stuff over the years.

haha I'm not paying that much

how sensitive is sensitive? what types / brands of perfumes have caused negative reactions for you?

if nothing else, shouldn't you be able to at least scent the outside of your clothes with fragrance?

I get allergic to regular fragrance and most ones itch my skin upon use. I also just have a preference against synthetic chemicals in most cosmetics.

Enjoyable aquatic. Nice.

ya man, only 'fruit punch' frag i ever enjoyed

i haven't gotten to the drydown but the opening is photorealistic hawaiian punch

its good, a lot better than diesel fuel for life which has that disgusting fruit punch vibe too.

pineapple vintage/pineapple vintage noire are supposed to be that deluxe clone, coming in at around 100$ for 100 ml

supposed to be very pineapple centered though so if DUDE PINEAPPLE LMAO isn't what you're after, maybe stay away, although the noire edition is supposed to be closer to the traditional aventus.