Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, I know your influences are a bit more towards fits that meet the criteria "stand out + practicality" however, I'm developing some ideas for fits that only meet the first half of that equation.

I'm trying to develop a look that meets the definition of "ethereal", that is "extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world."

I need inspo that is "dainty", "light" (in both weight and luminescence if you can swing it), "airy", or otherwise "ghostly".

I've found a lot of dresses from google images, but I was wondering if you had any brands I could look at or inspo pics.

Truth be told I'm working on a comic book and I want the clothing scheme to look this way. That being said, as long as it's interesting or unique please post it. I'm also looking for things that have a "paper" quality, but more so the ethereal thing.

the most of what I can find is mostly linen but I have no beef with that.

this is a good example of the cross between "ethereal" and "paper". It has the light weight, but the opaque qualities that I like.

This is a great "paper" inspo I saved from awhile back.

also the more it has a "natural" vibe the better!

anyway, I'm just going to post examples of what I've gathered from here on out. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.

oh! men inspo is really great too! It's really hard to find anything that has to do with men and is also "ethereal"

I recognize that the filter and /aesthetic/ adds a lot to this but hopefully you see my point.

so far i'm not sure what "ethereal" or "paper" mean beyond wrinkly fabrics and pale tans and off white.

ethereal means momentary. should the quality of the clothes be bad so that they quickly fall apart and are thus momentary in nature?

paper is made of wood pulp. so is rayon. should rayon be part of this aesthetic for its chemical similarity to paper?

i gotchu senpai

Well as guess I mean "wispy" or "thin" with ethereal. I don't have a diverse range of colors here because I don't really know the exact fabric and style I'm looking for. Something that would remind you of a ghost or something especially delicate.

As far as paper goes, I mean something with stark edges, (preferably not a bundle of wrinkles) but something that might remind you of pic related.

I haven't seen any great examples of rayon but if you have some that would be great.

this is excellent! thank you! please more of this sort of thing. What designer is this?

this is another example of "paper" user.

please please PLEASE ignore the model, and only pay attention to the piece itself.

why no just go full Norse Projects -_-

because I'm looking for variety not just Norse Projects. I'm trying to create a look for a different world, not just copy one from ours.

that said, Norse Projects is dope. like this shirt. It seems light and almost paper-like

our legacy is dope too, this scarf is my shit.

Beards are not very ethereal

you know, I actually had not considered that. thanks

again, shit model; but the look matches.

thanks hombre!

ur welcome amigo.

Marc Jacobs SS10

Not him but the designer is Rick Owens my dude. SS17

garbage memes

ty for one of the coolest threads in a really long time!

if anyone has any idea of what to research when looking for these pieces please let me know!!!

e.g
linen tunic, linen blend pants, etc

looking for a scarf specifically

Valentino Couture spring 14

Idk if this is exactly what you've got in mind but trove (pic related) has some beautiful pieces in very natural, flowing fabrics.

Another user posted Rick already, but you should also check out Julius. Off the top of my head SS10 and SS16 showcase some very nice draping. They also use a lot of rayon blend in their collections so it may give you an idea of how the material flows.

Finally, for paper used in garment construction look at the virdi-anne or some of the labels to emerge from carpe-diem

Shana Heath

Another

Skirt by Fabiana Filippi

oh man it's been a while

lemaire is elegant.. close enough??

Rick Owens

I don't know who designed these pieces but the ed is "Where have all the Flowers Gone?" (Dazed and Confused, June 2011), photographed by Lina Scheynius

2/2

Veronique Braquinho

Margiela couture

Gareth Pugh FW14

Rachel Zoe

skirt by CĂ©line

Balenciaga

u want that jan jan van essche m8

Yohji Yamamoto SS99

More from this ed. This is Dries van Noten

Max Mara

VPL

J. Mendel

Bridal collections are cool for ethereal tulle sometimes

remember taffeta

Haider Ackermann

MA_Julius

You're using a lot of words to say "loose, pale linen"

try sewing together so much lace that it becomes opaque

gayest shit ive read

are you writing or illustrating the book
?

w2c

Norse Projects

fuck is up wit dat model doe

w2c shirt

From this thread you should have plenty by now.
Don't work from references unless you just really like a certain piece

But really, all this seems like is generic bland utopian society core. I know utopian societies are supposed to be "carefree" or "relaxed" or something which is also supposedly reflected in their style, but from a narrative perspective try to pick another aspect since what you're going for has either been played out or just instantly forgettable and bland.

Also reminder that star trek monolithic societies are very uneffay. Even under a single "theme" there should still be a lot of variation.

w2c similar jumper?