2017 edition

hope my rotation will last me till 2019/20

Other urls found in this thread:

bergal.de/index.php?id=146&L=1
youtube.com/watch?v=D9XpjrEY6e8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

id on white high tops?

bruh what are those cp imitations lmao

National standard edition 1 from 2014 in off white I think. Their current models have a different top section, which I like less.
Wut? My cps are real. The white lows are national standard edition 3, and are distinctively different from cps

how's the sizing on your margiela gats compared to the authentic ones?

How comfortable are those pilot boots?

The thing is, og gats don't come in EU or US or UK sizing, but in Mondopoint. I went for 280 (foot length in mm), and they fit snug, while I went EU 44 on the replica, which would be around 285 in Mondopoint, and they're a bit more relaxed. Anyways, the replica seem to be flatter in the toe box.

Pretty comfy. The inside lining and insole are also made of leather and the double placings allow for fine tuning the fit.
The toe box is fairly roomy, though.

whats the id on those giant beautiful black boots my man, great collection, nice to see two pairs of solid smart shoes aswell

Thanks, I reckoned it makes sense to have at least two pairs of formal shoes to rotate through.
The boots are German Helicopter Pilot boots, I was lucky and got mine new for 34 Eur. Someone who served told me they're gonna be as comfy as sneakers once broken in.

Nice, think I'm gonna pick up a pair. Any issues with the flat sole, and how did you size?

I don't have any problem with the flat sole. It's much like a wedge sole on Redwing boots.

I've taken 280/106 (feet's length/width in milimeters), and it's alright, although these boots run large, so even a 275 coulda worked.
Just measure your feet in mm as shown in pic related.

My latest addition to my rotation. They look suede but actually are just brushed canvas.

nigga we already had a thread

we do? couldn't find one through the search function, and the last one I remember was a bit lack luster.

even if not many people posted, better bump than make a new one

my bad, my search-fu failed me. Such shamefur.

its ok we all make mistakes dont worry

Thanks bb

>be me
>Veeky Forumsg and aspiring helicopter pilot

Fuck. Yes.

that reminds me of all the /pol/ memes

>wear bomber jacket
>doesn't bomb Dresden

>wear flecktarn
>doesn't fight kebabs in Kabul

>wear heli boots
>doesn't fly a Heli

What size are yours m8?

Boots or dress shoes? Boots are 280/106 and fit a bit large due to the roomy toe box (of gats at 280 fit very snug). Dress shoes are US 10D

i have the 280/109 wear usually eu 44 or UK 10 and they are a little big but still good.
Does anybody else get pain on the right side of the heel if you walk long distance, but only on the right foot?

well, the foxing kept cutting into my achilles tendon at the beginning for a bit, only on the right boot.

Today I got myself a pair of thick lambskin/wool insoles in size 44, and now the toebox feels much better. Seems worth the 10 Eur, I'll have to test them for a couple days to consolidate that.

Did the same for my clarks, it's so much better. And the feet feel nice and cozy.

How do you even style the Pilotstiefel? I think they look cool as fuck and they are fairly cheap but I wouldn't know how to wear them.
Got any fit pics, yours or otherwise?

>insoles
thanks gonna try this out, but don't know if it would help. pic related where it hurts

parka or bomber jacket, chinos, skinny cargos, preferably in black.
>wore them with black 511 and AI bomber jacket, buzzcut and looked like a skinhead
>got a disgusted look from a tumblr qt but she was probably also mirin the boots at the same time.

Do you cuff your jeans higher than normal to show the zipper off? Or tuck them in maybe? They seem to run high up on your legs, but I think they could look fairly low key if the zipper is not on sight

mh, got a sloppy fit over there: Just think of them as regular high shaft boots, disregard the zipper / double lacing thing.

Make sure you get real thick ones, I got pic related from my local department store, cause it promised maximum size correction.
bergal.de/index.php?id=146&L=1

they run too high and are too wide to put under your pants. you'll have to tuck them in or blouse them.

tucking them in
are there any other ones that are not for cold weather, because my feet are always sweating + i usually wear a double pair of socks for stability

What you wear with black cp's?
Ordered them aswell but dont know if they fit good with denim
jeans.

right now I mostly pair them with my black chinos, grey slim jeans and olive chinos. Pairing them with indigo denim when I'm sloppy, works just alright, kinda normie vibe.

There's a plethora of insoles made from different materials. Latex, bamboo, leather, wool, active carbon... just find one that supports ventilation and/or deodorization whilst not being too thin.

god those cuck shoes are ugly in full black

I just think you've been over-exposed to the all white achilles.

You're crazy

dont wear the yeezys, dont wear the royaums

ugh, that's how my dad stores his shoes, on the staris to the basement. Also can't see shit, but I hope you're black or asian or female or a teenager.

yeh my dad puts them there. My home is small. So i put them there too

Posting this here too, the other shoe collection thread got no attention

Rate and hate

>roshes
>2017 current year

got a pair of the 6in sfb's but they're a bit weird when it comes to styling

what do you wear with the sfbs?

>dressed by /r/sneakers

I don't get why people bash roshes these days
They're nice, subtle and comfortable. Literally nothing wrong with them and as far as I know Roshe started popularizing the runner style lifestyle sneakers.
I bet you were wearing Roshes a couple years ago, so what's wrong with them now? The cool kids aren't wearing them anymore so you can't?

I've never been to /r/sneakers and I pretty much never go on reddit.
What do you mean by this?

i owned a pair at the height of their popularity and hated them, only thing i liked was the ribbed insole

Name plz.

in 8 out of 10 times, this kinda rotation would belong to some style hopping hype beast, desperately chasing the borrowed fame of the celebs who first wore these kinda shoes.

Anyways, if that's what you're genuinely enjoy, it seems to be a consistent collection.

Honestly I go to a military school and can't wear any but the black derbies 99% of the time. At home I wear the Palladiums and joke about being lunarcore.

Could anyone help me identify what the black and white dress shoes are called? They were my great grandfather's (I don't ever wear them, but I'd like to) from about 1940 and are made by the brand Weron. They look like stereotypical zoot suit shoes, although searching for that yielded no useful results.

the construction of those shoes is a split toe blucher in a two tone colorway, which is slightly reminiscent of spectator shoes.

reverse image search dingus

your sneakers aren't bad, but it's offsetting because it feels like you just started copping sneakers

Iv only been wear air max 95 phantoms since mid september

judging by the resolution the pic is from instagram, ig pics are not indexed on Google or any other image service, so no reverse search will help in this case

where did the image come from? if it's instagram, then ask who posted it

it's Kangaroos though, not sure about the exact model

I actually started collecting shoes maybe 6 months ago. I bought my first running shoes this summer and fell in love with the comfort. That's what got me into sneakers.

I'm not a trend hopping hype beast, mainly because I don't care about the trends
>inb4 you own yeezys and ultra boosts
Yes I do and I see that, but my love for ultra boosts started when I tried them on at a store, way before I knew that Kanye and others wore them, because at that time I did not care about shoes, fashion etc.
The thing that is funny here, is that I rarely get any compliments on my shoes and my friends often make fun of me for spending this much on sneakers, but it really doesn't matter.
I buy these shoes for myself, not to please anyone else.
I genuinely enjoy these sneakers and I would never cop anything just for the hype factor.

Thanks for your polite (you)'s Anons.

waiting for my pension

well, you got more in 6 month than me back then, when I was simply chasing mememes. Tried running shoes once (roshes) and didn't like how they worked with my feet's shape.

good shoes, but not exactly the colors and styles that I'd have chosen. But I'm just a rookie at best, so what do I know.

here's the brown portion of my winter collection:
Paul Smith Chelseas
Grenson Loafers
Timberland Earthkeepers
Sperry Gold Cup duckboots
ugg slippers lol

cold and miserable where I live

those grandpa shoes are dope as fuck
id suggest maybe black denim with ripped bottoms if youre about those

thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=D9XpjrEY6e8

they seemed very comfy when I tried em on

How do you call the model in the middle of the front row?

The toe box is an apron toe, can't see if it's a blusher or derby from the thumb.

my current shoe collection has grown to enormous proportions

ID ON THOSE BLACK HI TOPS? are they leather chucks?

how do u like those mayflys? how versatile are them? any fit pics?

Takoa boots something
I like them a lot, and did get complimented by qts. It's winter right now, usually I just wear them in preppy summer fits instead of loafers or in loose fits with pale cropped pants and relaxed (linen) tops

lace your shoes like a normal person ffs, it looks autistic

I prefer them to be laced that way because it makes it easy to rig tighten and loosen the laces, especially on the boots. And because it distributes the tension evenly across the shoe.

You shoulda seen that collection of the kid with the multi color fancy lacing on chucks and vans.

Post pics and get roasted, mate

>GATs.
>Roach-core.

Dropped.

>All those shoes that will go out of style within the next 12 months.
>Roshes in 2017.

LMAOing @ you senpai.

where to buy

rotation while I visit my parents for a few weeks

Margiela, Ferragamo, Margiela, Reebok, Havaianas for the beach, Nike Frees for the gym

fucking faggot

Fuck off newfag.

those yeezys are obviously fake even in this blurry pic, just throw them away my man

German eBay.
Look for "Bundeswehr Pilotenstiefel"

Nah, she's a petite penorless qt irl

I don't know enough about the women's lines, but it seems okay for home vacations.

Bae is it really you?

Converse chuck taylor takoa boot or something
Leather quality is nice but the rubber became cracked and brittle in a few months of wear. Wouldn't recommend.
Paid 150€ for mine last year, not worth the price

Well, I like them. Doesn't matter to me if they're out of style, that's not why I got them

Is the quality for the top three shoes good for the price? Are they comfortable and durable?

Hi!

I've wanted a pair of Margiela nail boots forever and finally got my hands on a pair this past December. For that reason alone they're worth the price. In the end they're a black ankle boot and will be "timeless". They're not terribly comfortable and so far they're more of a curb-to-car shoe.

Ferragamo Vara pumps are super comfortable and a versatile alternative to a flat, especially if you have a hard time finding supportive ballerina flats. These are an old pair that I keep at my parents' place. I wear Varas a lot when I travel because they're easier to pack than a high heel and can really pull an outfit together. I got my newer pair resoled after about a year.

I can walk or stand in the nude round toe Margiela pumps about seven hours without a problem, but I've had them for a longer time. The colour is the perfect nude for me and I find the details interesting.

In the end they're about as high quality as other designer shoes and require regular upkeep, but buying what you like will make you happy.

Newest purchase

Cop or not threads are shit, nobody knows what they're doing

Which one would you cop? I have the Achilles Low but I can sell them and get the SLPs for a similar price

Keep the Achilles
The leather on the SLP sneakers feels like plastic, though I don't know how they break in.

I really like those NS high tops

Pic is my rotation

Get the SLP, the leather is soft as fuck on my SL/37 lows and it makes me cum. Ignore the cuckposter who unironically instructed you to actually OWN cp's.

Are National Standards a meme on this site?

ID on back left?

Hey Veeky Forums

Newfag here. I checked the sticky and couldn't find much so this seems like the appropriate place to ask. I recently got my first real job. I got a pair of dark brown oxford Cole Haans for $100 that I'm pretty pleased with but I need more variety.

1) Is Thursday Boot Company (pic related) any good? they've been blowing up my Google and Fb ads and they look pretty Veeky Forums but I'm worried about the quality of something that you can only get online.

2) What are some Veeky Forums approved dress shoe brands? Let's assume I'm willing to shill out anywhere under $200. I don't know if that's a lot or stingy for good dress shoes. I want something that will last.

entry level dress shoes: Allan Edmonds. The upper will last for a decade at least, the soles can be replaced up to 3 times for around 100 bucks
higher up: alden, churchs, same principle.

Those boots you posted are not dressy at all.

Guidi 988s

Whats up with the Dr Martens insole?

>Is Thursday Boot Company (pic related) any good?
no, just get iron rangers or oak streets

i've heard terrible things about thursday boots

The "goodyear welt" thing is just a name right? Numerous boots on that list aren't actually welted that way.

>Oak Streets
Don't get Oak Streets. Go with Rancourt for something better in that price point.

it's the name of the subreddit which this guide was created for

OSB and Rancourt are almost identical in quality and OSB really doesnt cost that much more