Hey guys, I was thinking about whether or not I should go to college, or just start my own business

Hey guys, I was thinking about whether or not I should go to college, or just start my own business.

I figure I can make $40-50k/yr as an entrepeneur for the 4 years, but I'm not sure if that outweighs the long term benefits seeing as how I'd be making $300k coming out of college, but would have to deal with student loan debt, inflation, etc.

Thoughts on this?

>300k
>out of college

Easily doable with a BS in Math.

The long-term beneficiary of being an entrepreneur is the ability to make as much as much as you need and more. Potentially be rich in your future if it all goes well. That being said though, the chances of failure tend to be high with it to start. The success of your business is mainly on you. With general employment you'd at least have a solid and steady paycheck, but you'll be stuck at that 9-5 40 hours a week cycle(although one will argue you'd be pouring more into running a business but hey flexible schedules) with minimal free time outside work, and it'll be hard to monitor the company's direction which you're working for. Sudden lay offs, pay cuts, ect. That being said though, general employment is usually more secure than your business trials.

You'd be kidding yourself though thinking that you'll be making 300k coming out of college, regardless of the degree. That being said, if you could """""theoretically""""" make even half of that, thats way more than enough to live comfortably for an honest minimal living successful person.

When it comes down to whether or not YOU want to pursue your education or just fuck it all into business though, its weighed on you. It'd be smart to secure a somewhat decent job at-least and take up your business on the side in case all hell breaks loose with it. You'll be at an even higher risk if you don't have some type of employment going into your business voyage. Thats why a lot of successful business owners tend to have the extra money to spend to have a lower risk attempt when going about starting a business. If they lost the money, than at least it wouldn't bankrupt them or make them a debt collector ringing their doorbell all day. Especially if could afford to take an extra money hurdle to get going.

(continued)

When weighing the time and investment of your education though, how far could you take that if it was put toward your business? Whats your market/interest area if you were to go the business route? Do you have a niche? What are your skills/general knowledge in business? Whats your competition look like (If its an online business than you have an international competition)? I'd advise you do research on your business before making a jump on that.

If you actually believe you'll be making 300k/year after college. Go to college.

kek

I'd be majoring in math

>I'd be making $300k coming out of college

This is by far the funniest thing I've heard all week. I always love imagining how long it takes retards like you to get their reality check.

So I'd say to be prepared to make nothing the first few years and to make a couple businesses that fail.

After that, if you stick with it, you may get to the 50k and more. If you're ok with that, then do it.

>majors in math
>thinks he's gonna make 300k/y ever, let alone right out of college
i wouldnt COUNT on it. it simply doesnt ADD up

HA

do you think goodwill hunting is real life

I am (good) Will Hunting

>$300k out of college

Oh, you poor, poor, sod. 300K out of college with a math degree? At undergraduate? Even at an Ivy, I don't see you getting half that rate. Good luck.

Non-math major cope.

>I'd be making $300k coming out of college
HAHAHAHA

You're fucking retarded if you don't go to college.

No one will ever take you seriously. I know I won't.

Just don't be a slave to the Jew debt. Get a scholarship, work your way through, go to community college first, whatever. Don't be like my m8 who went to a "private liberal arts" college for history than isn't even accredited.

It's an old meme, newfags.

unless you're really passionate about a particular field.. going to college is prettymuch useless. I'd say go make your own business

Serious question here, what field of mathematics pays the most ?
About to start my master degree, I still haven't chosen any course