Poor/fa/g general

IS THAT TIME OF THE DAY C'MON

How do you stay effay with a low budget Veeky Forums?

Any tips (Besides thrifting stores) or inexpensive (Not "cheap") recommended brands you love with good quality?

Tell us, ask us and help us, all in this thread bois

Other urls found in this thread:

marnergroup.com/catalog.html
uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/uq/ut/haibara/
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://jeans-one.de/Varianten-Levi-s-Jeans-fuer-Herren/&edit-text=
world.taobao.com/item/538398224628.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a230r.1.999.32.MB9nfK&ns=1#detail
m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=542635409899&wp_pk=shop/index_730761361_&wp_m=hotsell_goods_-1&from=inshop&wp_app=weapp
reddit.com/r/FashionReps/comments/4yr51a/guide_to_taobao_direct_buying_without_an_agent/
world.taobao.com/item/541534184935.htm?fromSite=main
m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=0.0.0.0&id=540170238577
world.taobao.com/item/537788218787.htm?fromSite=main
world.taobao.com/item/539056566375.htm?fromSite=main&_u=u2l6qdj77ca4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop buying multiple outifts and just blow all your money on one single outfit you can wear everyday like an anime or video game character

you think Cloud paid for multiple long one-sleeved black leather jackets?

Gets annoying when people ask you how much things cost and bawk at the price.

Plebs have no conception of of worth or value or quality

They believe no article of clothing should cost over $50, $100 at most, and you need only pop into /waywt/ to see the results of this mentality.

If you need to buy $140 boots or a $645 jacket, so be it, so long as you're with them for the long haul. if you know what your fashion tastes are and that they won't change drastically, you should consider this kind of spending an INVESTMENT

> $140 boots
>a lot even for poorfags

I saw a plain white t-shirt in with a black line around one sleeve, it was around £200 i thought what the fuck is this. If i wanted to look like a fucking idiot id get a white t-shirt and a marker pen for the same effect.

You need to pay attention to the material the clothing is made of and the method of manufacture. If it was 100% cotton then it would indeed be outrageous.

A word of caution about 2nd hand shoes, especially those with leather insoles and moderate to heavy wear.

The previous owner's feet WILL leave the leather insole permanently imprinted to the shape of their feet, and it's entirely a matter of luck whether your feet are of similar shape. If not - there's two scenarios:

A) The shoes are not resoleable. You're either in for a permanent uncomfortable fit. Workaround: some thick, elastic insoles to mitigate the previous imprints to a limited degree.
B) The shoes are Goodyear welted dress shoes/boots. Spend about 125 to 150 bucks, have them resoled. The leather insole usually won't get replaced, but the cork layer between the insole and the outsole will be, and that mitigates the imprint on the insole a litte. Combine it with the workaround of A).

Best advice I've read so far _after_ falling into that trap is, to only buy 2nd hand shoes that have been "tried on a couple times" or "worn very rarely" at best.

Ever since, I don't trust the "plenty of life left" on high-fashion sneakers too much, like CPs and Geos and Ramones and whatnot.

What are some essential articles of clothing that are needed to make the most out of a wardrobe and where would be the best place to acquire new ones at affordable prices? I'd like a warm jacket for the coming colder months and I'm not a huge fan of my (not really leather) leather jacket that's a bit too long on the arms.

>What are some essential articles of clothing that are needed to make the most out of a wardrobe
- Socks
- Belt
- Jacket
- Shoes
- (sometimes) Headwear

>and where would be the best place to acquire new ones at affordable prices?
Online. Always look for the objectively best product your money could buy then just negotiate down from there until you hit your desired ratio of quality to cost. This means poring through multiple top ten lists, lots of research, etc..

You want some recs?

>I'd like a warm jacket for the coming colder months and I'm not a huge fan of my (not really leather) leather jacket that's a bit too long on the arms.

Want some recs?

where can i find decent button down white shirts that aren't paper thin and won't make my wallet sad?
black is fine too

I'll try, mixing in my own experience.

>Outerwear:
German milsurp parka, German milsurp liner (optional: dye)
Around 50 Eur max. Parka alone for Spring and Fall, add the liner for winter.

>Jumpers and knit:
Qlo loopback jumper for Spring and Fall, thrift a wool jumper for winter.
Probably doable for 50ish Eur.

>Shirts:
Qlo linen shirts for summer, OCBDs otherwise, thrifted or on sale. Invest in a taylor.
Est. 70ish Eur

>pants:
Levis, Cheap monday denim on sale or thrift. one black pair, one indigo. Add some khaki chinos if you feel fancy. Have a tailor hem and fit them.
try to set at 100ish

>T-shirts:
H&M, ascolor, 3-4 in basic colors.
Less than 30 Eur if possible

>shoes:
Don't try to save here, ill-fitting shoes will hurt you way more than any other clothing article. OG GATs would be my premiere choice, 30 Eur new, fairly rugged. And milsurp boots for winter, too.

Anything I missed?

>taylor

duh. Freudian slip. I swear I wans't being distracted, otoh-san!

>You want some recs?
Sure, I'm always interested in new places to shop.

>German milsurp parka
I've been interested in it, but I was worried about the warmth and price. Looks pretty cheap on that Kommandostore place I found in the milsurp thread. I would like an Alpenflague the most though, it stuck out to me the most.

is cheap monday denim good quality? like thick? to the point where your legs will feel alright when it's 0 degrees celsius outside? levis is better though right??

>otoh
otou*
お父さん

>warmth and price
the parka itself won't hold up to winter, with the liner though, it work just fine up to 0 deg C. Alpenflage is not a German camo, but Swiss. The German parka only comes in Flecktarn and Tropen-/Wüstentarn. Most folks here prefer to dye it to make it more civilian.

depends on the model. For summer, a lighter denim is preferrable (8oz), for winter, you might wanna look at something >14oz. On the other hand, it's always more efficient to have long johns or compression tights underneath your pants during winter which traps your body heat in the first place.

uh, sumimasen, it's been a while since my jap course for beginners.

>bawk

That's not even a fucking word. The one you're looking for is "balk".

You might not be able to help being pleb-tier in your fashion choices, but you can at least learn the English language.

Where can I get some basic jumpers/sweaters? I have been looking literally all day and can't figure out where to shop from. I'm guessing colours for a beginner would be black, navy, beige and maybe a burgundy?

I'm also looking for a decent price

>Socks
Thorlo's steel toe work boot socks $14.50 a pair. Most comfortable socks I've ever worn because of all the extra padding.
>Belt
Arc'Teryx Conveyor Belt $39, many different colors, cool design, apparently has no slip on the buckle; recently purchased and am waiting to receive mine via the mail
>Jacket
Arc'Teryx--expensive for the highest end but apparently impenetrable for wind and water, and not too bad looking; haven't looked at the pleb options
>Shoes
I bought Bogs Turf Stomper steel toe work boots for $140. They are made of rubber, waterproof, lightweight but feels really durable. If you've ever dreaded walking in a puddle on the street/sidewalk during or after a rain, you will never again pussy out because these boots will take you through mud and pools without getting a drip on your feet. With the Thorlo socks my feet don't get too cold, but these aren't specifically winter boots, keep in mind.
>Headwear
marnergroup.com/catalog.html
Wikipedia has a section on the different kind of hats so you can find out what might be right for you.

where to buy thick denim? 14+oz?

uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/uq/ut/haibara/
Haibara UT coming back this month with new designs motherfuckerrrrrrrsssssssssssss

Looks pretty cash, even moreso than last year's. I'm female but I think I'm going for the indigo and either or both of the checked monochrome designs in addition to the women's stuff. Waiting until these pop up in US stores is going to feel like forever.

I dunno, I was assuming levi and cheap monday did have heavier denim options. Quick google search shows that Levi jeans cover the whole range from 8oz to 14.5oz denim.

CM seems to be on the lighter side, making it suitable for Spring/Summer/Fall.

Anyways, if not, you'd have to step up in the price range and start looking at the premium lines of Levi and brands like Nudie, I suppose, and aim for sales and 2nd hand.

i can't seem to find the weight of the jeans on Levi's and Nudie websites. pretty annoying. what to do in this situation? try in a shop and try to gauge thickness?

>getting this triggered

what shit in your cheerios and then crawled up your vagina and died user?

eh, levis seems to not want to bother with the small details for its customers.

I found this page:
translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://jeans-one.de/Varianten-Levi-s-Jeans-fuer-Herren/&edit-text=

I got my only pair of decent denim from N&F, and they tell all the weights of their products. Maybe N&F on sale or 2nd hand might be worth it for you.

Most of the Japanese brands have 15 as their standard. Anything over 15 looks/feels like shit.

forgot pic

DICKIES
DICKIES
DICKIES

Most people I know put loads of emphasis on price, quality and brand.

How is Uniqlo for taller people?

I'm 6'3" with broad shoulders, will their stuff accommodate me?

they fit fairly TTS, on the slim size
I'm 5'11", and their M size just fits. I do like to have a tailor slim down the shirts, but jumpers and sweatshirts are just right.

when does it come to the US?

want that white mt fuji shirt and the blue one

Thanks

change sweater or boots, not both
they dont work together with the jeans

i like the jeans tho

thanks. I am looking for a better option for the top section, but haven't come up with too much yet. The jeans are by Versuchskind Berlin, made just there, very nice and fairly thick denim (feels like 14 or 15oz) and fade from white to black.

combat boots on a budget (pref the slimmer-type ones?)

also, and pref. website from buying these parkas from (UK)?

Poorfags from the Boston/NH area, what are your experiences with thrifting? We have a large student population and some pockets of wealth exist.

Aliexpress :')

>tfw wear 90% of the brands in op's pic

Where the fuck can i find gucci fakes

Don't just say Aliexpress,DHGate,iOffer etc because i can't find shit there

HELP

taobao?

show me the way user

"gucci" comes up with nothing

can i pay with mastercard on taobao?

When do the January sales start? (Europe)

i found a few

gucci shorts:
world.taobao.com/item/538398224628.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a230r.1.999.32.MB9nfK&ns=1#detail

gucci shirt:
m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=542635409899&wp_pk=shop/index_730761361_&wp_m=hotsell_goods_-1&from=inshop&wp_app=weapp

Sites like ali, taobao etc dont put the actual designer names. best bet would be to use the search bar in r/fashionreps and r/designerreps

heres a guide to buying taobao too

reddit.com/r/FashionReps/comments/4yr51a/guide_to_taobao_direct_buying_without_an_agent/

thanks m8

I've tried stuff like gu brand,gg,double g,luxury italian etc but nothing comes up

especially at sweaters

i want a gucci sweater so badly

world.taobao.com/item/541534184935.htm?fromSite=main

m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=0.0.0.0&id=540170238577

world.taobao.com/item/537788218787.htm?fromSite=main

world.taobao.com/item/539056566375.htm?fromSite=main&_u=u2l6qdj77ca4

i found these in like ~10 minutes of searching. you'll have better luck finding links on r/desginerreps

just type gucci sweater in the search bar

I can't thank you enough user

i started my wardrobe by going in to photoshop and putting down colors i like and seeing which combinations looked good. then i bought clothes in those colors and can make a bunch of different combinations and fits. do that instead of buying expensive pieces that you only know how to wear in one fit (made that mistake before)
champion's reverse weave blanks are heavy and cheap. 12 oz cotton.

>m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=0.0.0.0&id=540170238577
god damn bro honestly i fuck with this gucci sweater so much but when i compare it to the real thing it looks like it can be called out so easily

which stores would you guys recommend to buy jeans from when very poor? preferably available in europe online or actual stores are even better

those are some ugly ass jeans!

I own some of Versuchskind denim. Boy please don't wear them with those fit, brand is intended for Rick Owens, Ann D, Alexandre Plokhov etc. crowd. It goes quite nice with my Rick stuff, but avantgardish jeans looks fully out-of-place on normal fits.

look around on DesignerReps and FashionReps on reddit, you might find a better version.

Dr. Denim and Edwin make really good jeans and can be often found on sale for around 50€.
Better pay more since jeans can hold quite long.

mh, yeah. Gonna pair them with whatever drapey pieces I have.

I partially concur, not a fan no the pre-distress, but other aspects make up for it imo.

just did, at most i found the t shirt version of snoopy and woodstock hugging with some shit on the back. the back is a bit off but the front looks 1:1 so i could just wear jackets with it

American Apparel