Why didn't this happen?

Where did we go so wrong?

Where did all the cool colors from the 80s go? Why is everyone dressed like a colorless zombie?

no one wants to dress like a fruity faggot

i know youre trolling but have you seen this board

Alright faggots listen up, I see pic related at my college, and I hate it. Colorless shitty windbreakers.

These people have NO style whatsoever. Nothing unique, nothing that even remotely stands out.

It makes me fucking sick. It makes me ball my fists in rage at how utterly incompetent people are at expressing themselves.

I wish for a time that was envisioned long ago. The 80s future we never got. The future of color and style.

Now all we have is plain, black and white, monochrome garbage that needs to be thrown away and burned.

Shut up pedantic cunt

>pedantic
Just a reminder we could have been dressed in stuff like this.

But no, you settle for some k-mart brand colorless trash.

Congrats, you're a plebian of the highest fucking order.

Yikes I'm glad 80's fashion isnt the norm

How typical of someone from our generation to shun what could have been great.

I was naive thinking anyone here would understand true visionary genius dreamed up by our forefathers.

Fashion board? More like Trashion board.

See

A lazy uninspired response from someone lazy and uninspired. Who could have foreseen it?

Post your rainbow colorful fag inspo then.

I agreed withyou until the "trashion board" pun
I like puns but that was just lazy dude

Yohji did black back in the 80s.

nothing is as old and dated as what was seen as futuristic in the past

The ken dolls jacket here is particularly nice I think.

Incoming comfy

Incoming boner fuel

Incoming more boner fuel

Ok this one is fire

But it's not colorful tho

Color then.

And heres a colorful bunch.

so they dress like a black-and-white faggot...

Just look at this smug motherfucker

>Black and white
>In the 80s

Fukkin lol

The 80's were the absolute god of fashion, of film and pop culture.

Look at all of these designs. Look at how creative they are.

You NEVER see shit like this in real life. It's all uncreative, boring k-mart tier crap.

Maybe once in a blue moon you'll see some stylin dude, but you know for the most part we'll never see the sort of beauty and color captured so perfectly by the 80s.

"the brain" just needs some new shoes and he'd be 2017 spec, what the fuck are you on

You just can't think outside the box can you?

"Oh does this fit in with what everyone else is wearing? A pair of pants and a plain sweater?"

2017 core, what nerd-core was back in the 80s.

Neo-maxizoom dweebie.

>I think people that don't dress in my specific style are subhumans
Hello Veeky Forums Hitler

I'm literally saying the opposite.

People all dress the same because they're too scared to try something different.

I want more color, not less!

I wanna see someone take a risk, I want bolder styles!

But no, of course, not, it's safe boring core 2017.

I hope the next generation after us decides to bring back color.

Maybe they'll rebel against their boring colorless parents and we'll get a fashion revolution.

And I see now that I've made accurate and concise points none of the fuckbois here have anything to say.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed your verbal spanking as it were.

Not used to arguing with someone who will actually argue back huh?

Or maybe it's just because I'm right, and you've fallen silent because all you can do is agree with me. Which is fine. Because I am right.

The 80s was a time of color and experimentation, and current fashion at least among the unwashed masses is boring, lacking in flair and generally uninspired.

One word:- Recession

Simply put, wearing alot of colour and crazy designs is acceptable when there is money around, people are free to express, show off if you will. When money is low, we are said to conserve, act accordingly.

We are slowly breaking away from this way of thinking as people are getting bored but also because economic growth.

as it turns out, colorful clothing is not quite as subversive as Tiller The Crater makes it out to be

is this palette efa

The realistic version of that did happen. I'm not talking the actually released airmag, but just that style
in general.

Bomber jackets(which that basically is, with some tech) sneakers all look like some weird shit from an anime

And I see guys with colorful ass snapbacks all the time, even saw people in that exact one from the movie.

i have been saying this for a while

the late 90s was a game changer for a lot of things, especially fashion. post y2k everything became hideously drab and formless, almost dystopian.

The late 90s was just the sweet point between boring shit and overblown shit. There was nothing really great about it.

The 00s were trash though. I look at how kids today dress and though they still look like shit, it's way better than the boring drab ugly hot topic hoodie,bottom of jeans ripped from letting them drag under your shoes, and fucking ironic tees. Hell it's way better, even the damn nerds now have at least a small semblance of style. But the 00s were just between boring and diagusting.

You haven't made any points at all. This entire thread has been "Remember the 80s? Wasn't that cool?" The lack of enthusiasm should be taken as a sign that yes, people remember it, and no, it wasn't really that cool. It's just kitsch now.

>people remember it
literally nobody on this board

>born too late and in the wrong demographic to see gundam zeta for the first time
>born too early to be a mobile suit pilot fighting for peace in the far reaches of space

wish we all went 80's new wave instead

black looks flattering on almost everyone. bright shit depends on skintone, build, etc. you need to know how to wear it. but black is fussless and doesnt require much thought, youre guaranteed to at least not look ridiculous

this is the kind of mentality that makes all of you boring fags dress the same. but go ahead, keep rocking your crinkly black shapeless "minimalist" "can't go wrong" bullshit.

post a fit

So your suggestion is to wear similar to picture related?

go back and read what i wrote again.

>people should express themselves
>unless they want to express themselves through memechrome and like the wear black
>i don't understand how people could ever have self-constructions outside my own.

Neck yourself, solipsist.

>keep rocking your crinkly black shapeless "minimalist" "can't go wrong" bullshit.
what

Truth is, once people can easily self design and 3d print their clothes from home this won't be a problem. Everyone will look exactly how they want to. Whether that's good or bad has yet to be seen.

The reason why we aren't wearing costumes from late 70s and 80s sci-fi movies is because they're horribly complex and look ridiculous outside of the context.
People that actually dress in this "New retro-wave" style look like gigantic memes.

Gays have hijacked the rainbow color. Dressing more color you will risk of being called fag.

when did anyone suggest dressing in full rainbow garb?

w2c jacket?

>Implying a lack of self expression is still self expression.

Boy don't even get me started on the mental gymnastics on that one.

Two toned nylon bomber: happened
Tye-dyed longbill cap: happened
Rick hightop Nike Dunks: happened
Hoverboard: do you even internet?

Seriously, all that shit is sooo 2014

The 90's happened and the 2010s became too nostalgic of the 90's and made everything 2x darker.

Luke was just on a whole new level above everyone

DO YOU FEEL IN CHARGE?

this is good

>Why is everyone dressed like a colorless zombie?
BECAUSE WE'RE UGLY.

WE'RE UGLY SO IF WE WEAR COLOR WE LOOK LIKE CLOWNS.

SO INSTEAD OF FINDING WAYS TO STOP BEING UGLY, WE MAKE FAMOUS PEOPLE DRESS AND LOOK LIKE COLORLESS ZOMBIES.

WE MAKE THEM BELIEVE THAT UGLY=SAD=SERIOUS=RESPECTABLE=ATTRACTIVE.

WE USE THEM AS POSTERBOYS FOR DULLNESS.

THAT WAY ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS WEAR DULL SHIT TO APPEAR ATTRACTIVE BY ASSOCIATION.

NOW THAT DULL IS THE NEW COOL, WE CAN ALL BE ATTRACTIVE.

Nice fit, Boris

Ironically, trunks was one of the first to hop onto the allblack goofninja bandwagon

80's fashion really makes me cringe, its over done, obnoxious and tasteless.

If i want to look like a clown nerd bitch i will definitely take some inspo from this thread.

streetwear nerds are appropriating all kinds of awful shit from the late 80s/early 90s, lots of color there mate

cannot stand those fucks though

Note the overall change of the zeitgeist around 9/11.
It's pretty freaky that Raf made Riot, Riot, Riot before the attacks.

I wrote an essay about the foreboding in rafs work before the 9/11 attacks. This guy gets it.

What's his name again?

IS THERE A BOOKALBUM OF THESE?

Nothing is stopping you from wearing more colors. If people think you look good they'll emulate you